It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. attack helicopter shows off then crashes in Afghanistan (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
There're better ways to get morale up.

So that's probably a few million dollars worth of repairs or more? Maybe it's irreparable.

Can't take that out of his check. Too big. Military would pay some of it if it's in the millions.

I assume he'll be kick out of the military or have his license to fly destroyed.
edit on 22-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Is it possible what looked like showing off was the intial stages of a malfunction?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
They used to shoot themselves in the foot ,if they wanted to go home early.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Is it possible what looked like showing off was the intial stages of a malfunction?

A malfunction on the pilot's brain that made him "buzz the tower"... yes. This is the latest state of stupidity - it can lead to your death or others. No cure available yet.

Theres a saying on an awesome movie: "Never go full retard".

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
There're better ways to get morale up.

So that's probably a few million dollars worth of repairs or more? Maybe it's irreparable.

Can't take that out of his check. Too big. Military would pay some of it if it's in the millions.

I assume he'll be kick out of the military or have his license to fly destroyed.
edit on 22-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I doubt that'll ever fly again. If it was the 1st impact only, maybe.

The first run in to the building and the reversal is showboating. Its possible he had some sort of problem during the 2nd run past. It looks like he just misjudged the sink rate though. It happens. Theres a video of an NH90 from 2008 also getting it badly wrong.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

Mostly it's to secure foreign oil...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Isn't this what flight simulators are for? I know it must get boring over there sometimes but grab a PS3, for crying out loud!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
A machine that cost more money than I'll make in my lifetime, that was purchased using my money, being abused by a government employee that is being paid from a portion of my paycheck in a war that I don't support, that is against people that I have no issue with, that is used to attack people that are only attacking us because we're bombing their friends and family, and it's all destroyed for a non-training, non-combative joyride resulting in a trashed helicopter and presumably costly medical bills that will also be paid for courtesy of me.

This country needs to change.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

A malfunction on the pilot's brain

He should never have taken that out to work on it
and tried to put it back in without the manuel handy

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I hardly think it is fair blaming it on some spanish fella

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That ol' Afghan poppy stuff is something else innit!
How come the military loves someone who both obeys orders and f***s about? God forbid he/she would be the one ordered to shoot down a civilian hijacked airliner, or just civilians for that matter.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Exactly, he wasn't the one that was Fawlty!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by blueorder

Exactly, he wasn't the one that was Fawlty!

I expect he had decided to give his heli a "damn good thrashing"
and trashed it instead.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is exactly why I hate helicopter pilots. They're freakin idiots.

A few years ago a Cobra pilot fired 2.75" HE rocket at me. It was about 20ft over our heads and detonated about 200ft from us.

I hate pilots.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Is this real?

Looks cgi to me?

The way the copter plows throw the snow with people right there just doesn't look right

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The fact that he survived is insane. (assuming the video is real)(this needs to be said of every single video these days).

My hats off to all the pilots and men and women fighting overseas.

To everybody that is sitting in their computer seat judging these people

Back off, nobody knows this guys story.....

And to the poster posting about "YOUR MONEY" funding this helicopter. Do the math on how much you spent out of your federal deductions on this particular heli. I would love to see just how much it is. You probably spend more on cheeseburgers or soda(or whatever pleasurable nonesential items) in a day or two

This pilot is over there we are not. I am thankful for that.

edit on 22-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
The fact that he survived is insane. (assuming the video is real)(this needs to be said of every single video these days).

My hats off to all the pilots and men and women fighting overseas.

To everybody that is itting in their computer seat judging these people

Back off, nobody knows this guys story.....

And to the poster posting about "YOUR MONEY" funding this helicopter. Do the math on how much you spent out of your federal deductions on this particular heli. I would love to see just how much it is. You probably spend more on cheeseburgers or soda(or whatever pleasurable nonesential items) in a day or two

This pilot is over there we are not. I am thankful for that.

So what is your point exactly?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
so who do we blame, obama or tim tebow ?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's all well and good for us to sit here and critique the pilot of that, what appears to be either an apache or a cobra.... Do we still have Comanches? Any way...

It's all well and good to judge this as some stupid ass stick, and crashing a helo would fall along the lines of pretty stupid things to do in life, BUT, from the sounds of it most of you have never been in the service, and the number one killer out in the suck, aside from bullets, is boredom.

SO...... In a sense I can understand why the pilot was having some fun.

But, on the flip side, I am in agreement with the general consensus........ Don't hot rod the multi million dollar chopper.

I'm glad to hear no one died. That looked like a fatal crash from the camera angle.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
very lucky, all those people walking near his crash path few metres to the right and it wouldnt be 0 casualties no more, and the poor dude under the helicopter at the 25 second mark haahahahaha sure his life flashed before his eyes a few times.
edit on 22-3-2012 by choos because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join