It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 1,000 Pakistan women 'killed for honour'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
the problem with women in western society is now bigger than ever. With women sleeping with 5 different men averagely before getting married. This is viewed as normal in western society, but the hard hitting truth this always leads to problems like divorce and depression. till eventually it will be the children who pay the price.

the west has lost most of it women values even though they like to brag about equal rights.

the western media has managed to downgrade women to such a level, that the only way they can make themselves look good is to point at other parts of the world and say 'look, look what they are doing, they are killing their women' this is the only way they can hide all the problems and imperfections of this failing society

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
It's not a doctrine I'd per se advocate in seminary . . .
however, my personal belief is that we do NOT KNOW
what business God transacts with folks at their moment of death.
I believe that
ALMIGHTY GOD MEANT IT
WHEN HE SAID
HE THAT EARNESTLY GENUINELY SEEKS ME--SHALL FIND ME.
He looks on the heart.

I'm glad you are reasonable about this, I wish there were more like you.

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Evidently the New Testament is missing from your library?

I could never reconcile in my mind that the Jesus of the New Testament who was like

Love all the people, especially the children!

was the incarnation of the same being who in the Old Testament was like

Slaughter all the people, even the children!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

The entire world has fallen and we're still falling deeper and faster everyday and night...

edit on 22-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by elliotmtl

It's a hazardous thing to sit in lofty judgment of an ALL KNOWING, ALL POWERFUL, ALL LOVING GOD

WHO DECLARES

THAT His mercy triumphs over His judgment

I've never found an accessible lofty enough perch to pronounce such judgment from.

I'm comfortable taking His Word for it and waiting for the mysteries to be sorted out later.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by BO XIAN

But to be fair there are areas in the world where Islam is by far the dominant religion and honour killings are unheard of.

(redoing a zapped better reply. Sigh)

I'd think that research into what contributes to those differences might be a high priority for the world. However, it seems that the global oligarchy has other priorities . . . like genocidally causing the Muslims to destroy as many other folks as possible toward massive population reduction goals . . . like removing 6.8 billion off the planet.

[quotue]
So does this suggest that it's the culture that underpins the religion or the religion itself that is the root cause?
I'm not sure, I'm certainly no expert.

Was it a common practice before Islam gained control of the region?

I don't know how to tease those apart.

A study of the founding of Islam is instructive.

Mohammed was persuaded by his relatives and cohorts . . . that what he thought were demonic forces telling him to go that route--were not demons . . . and that it was true that greater wealth and power was achievable via a RELIGION than by any other means.

And, lo and behold, a local tribal demonic moon god religion was quite malleable toward such uses.

I suspect that maybe people use religious teachings to support the cultural concept that serious dishonouring of the family should be punished by death etc..

Trouble is, the values, justifications for such violence were incorporated in the Koran and the Hadiths from, essentially, the beginning.

What an opportunity to have lifted the culture UP several layers . . . instead of insuring it wallowed in blood indefinitely.

If that's true then as Islam is an all consuming religion the bounderies between culture and religion are blurred and these killings become accepted and even expected.

But where there wasn't a culture of honour killings local Islamic teachers and customs do not advocate honour killings.

A worthy point. What makes the difference?

And even in the other religious groups it does seem to be those who have a deep sense of cultural identity who commit these killings.

I don't see it that way, quite. I see it as a VERY RELIGIOUS example of Freud's IN-GROUP/OUT-GROUP observations and insights. The groups are RELIGIOUS IN-GROUPS/OUT-GROUPS. And those are historically THE MOST INTENSE.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud and could easily be talking complete bollocks.

This sociologist thinks you make great points and cheers you on.

edit on 22/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: other version got zapped due to "security error"

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Thanks for your kind reply.

I've always found God reasonable.

His 'reasonable' may not be my reasonable.

I don't have His perspective.

The Old testament stuff involved demon worship that sacrificed babies and children in a fire to the demon god Molech. The culture God ordered wiped-out was horrifically destructive to children. And evidently the insidious demonic infection potential was soooo virulent that God wanted it all wiped out totally to protect the world and the Israeli's.

We will see the same thing increasingly in our era, sadly.

The globalist elites are evidently heavy into child abuse and ritual sacrifice.

It will be dealt with at Armageddon.

First, all creation will get an object lesson in the resulting consequences of such evils having sway.

However, it's a huge leap from that to arbitrarily labeling someone demonically evil because they chose a different spouse than the arrogant father decreed.

Sigh.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

INDEED.

Down Alice's rabbit hole as a short-cut to hell.

Violent Islam is but one symptom.

Sigh.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm not promoting the idea... but why aren't men murdered for molesting family members??? Oh the games you psychopaths play. Unbelieveable.

QUESTION: If you knew someone molested someone's child... would you tell the mother??? or would you just help to cover it up anyway possible... figure out a scheme that would turn the most lives upside down... and then allow the perp to escape undetected???

edit on 22-3-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It's a hazardous thing to sit in lofty judgment of an ALL KNOWING, ALL POWERFUL, ALL LOVING GOD

WHO DECLARES

THAT His mercy triumphs over His judgment

I've never found an accessible lofty enough perch to pronounce such judgment from.

I'm comfortable taking His Word for it and waiting for the mysteries to be sorted out later.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Everyday in the US, more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends.

domesticviolencestatistics.org...

Some for not cooking a meal exactly right, or for having to work late. The point is, an abuser or psycho can use any excuse to abuse or kill.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
if everyone in the world did honour killings then this world would be a much better place, because then we wont have to listen to people like lady gaga or paris hilton or any of them for that matter, this group of women have destroyed a generation of children. in 10-20 years you will all discover the impact of the corrupt media

Are really you trying to justify this practice, or is that a joke?

Do we have an example of one of these psychopathic extremists in this very thread?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The Old testament stuff involved demon worship that sacrificed babies and children in a fire to the demon god Molech. The culture God ordered wiped-out was horrifically destructive to children. And evidently the insidious demonic infection potential was soooo virulent that God wanted it all wiped out totally to protect the world and the Israeli's.

That is a good explanation as far as it goes...

...but then I always found myself asking, who allowed the pagan cultures to reach such a horrific extent? Why are all these demons allowed to roam freely and cause all this mischief? Is it not God's creation and God's responsibility, ultimately? Even if he gave Satan and the demons free will, he is outside of time and knew what they would choose and still created them knowing the suffering they would cause. I could not bring myself to love a God who would set up a world where these things happen, for no other purpose than "his own glory".

In a sense it is very arrogant of me to judge God like that. I am essentially saying, I don't think the God of the Bible is good enough for me, so I'm going to go find a better one. The irony is, it was the writings of Christians like CS Lewis who planted the seed in my mind, the seed that grew into the idea that God's love should be powerful enough that indeed, no one should perish, because everyone started out as a beloved child of God no matter how far they have strayed. So I had to find a belief system that allowed for the eventual salvation of everyone, and found the ideas of reincarnation and educational karma and earth-as-soul-school to be more in line with my views on the character of God as infinitely merciful.

I am sorry I am hijacking your thread for this, it's only very loosely on-topic, my thoughts are too flighty lol.
edit on 22-3-2012 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by shushu

Great question.

Evidently: because of power.

However . . . I've met plenty of murderous, violent women in my time.

In terms of cultures, sociology, etc. . . . it probably boils down to power . . . !CONTROL! etc.

And when testosterone gets 'turned to the dark side,'

it can be very dark indeed.

However . . . 'hell hath no fury like a woman spurned.'

Then there's always the

Bobbitizers.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by shushu

In the USA, folks who are aware of such and

who fail to report it to authorities

are vulnerable for a sizeable fine and 6 months in jail.

There are some tricky situations that have to be handled carefully and wisely to save lives . . . however,

there's no excuse, imho,

for leaving a perp in control of anyone's lives . . . particularly children's.

GRRRR

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Do you realize how many women are killed by their Husbands in the US anually?

You might want to check if your Glass House is stone proof.

Next Muslim Hating Thread in 5..4..3..2..1..

What a sad attempt in deflection.

Comparing apples with stones.

If this were an anti muslim thread, it would have compared the entire muslim population, not just the sad facts of murder in Pakistan.
Fail.
Pawned.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

YES . . .

the same satanic Marxist globalist oligarchy that is ruthlessly USING ISLAM

to spread abuse, torture, genocide, violence against women etc.

has deliberately and calculatedly demeaned women by turning them into a piece of glittery meat

via the media, movies, nihilistic education etc. etc. etc.

If you are holding up Islam as a wonderful alternative . . . try again. It's not working. It won't work.

Bloody mayhem is a poor way to run a religion, a culture or a nation.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

And just think of all the tortures and executions that muslim men have surely inflicted upon their controlled and dominated women that we never find out about,all the grumesome slayings done in the name of their invisible man in the sky allah,that are supressed,hushed up and kept out of the limelight...

If it was up to me i would evacuate all the women and children to safety by force no matter what the cost and then as general douglas macarthur said..."bomb them back to the stone age"

Thats how i feel,especially after watching the footage of those muslim extremists filming themselves reading out loud from the koran and then hacking and sawing the heads off of those western people they kidnapped,as they died while screaming and crying for their mothers...

Those demented muslims should consider themselves very,very lucky that this isnt 1943-45,because if roosevelt, macarthur, patton and truman had received footage of americans getting their heads sawed off,they would have crushed those allah posessed muslims and annihilated their cities with 1,000 heavy bomber air raids again and again...

But back then america fought wars wearing brass knuckles...

Now we fight wars wearing boxing gloves so we dont upset the enemy too much...

edit on 22-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Doesn't bother me . . . I have broad parameters.

The short answer is . . .

related . . . Islam seems to treat women and children as objects . . . rather than equals to love.

. . . and

LOVE IS THE KEY ISSUE.

For there to be the POSSIBILITY of LOVE,

there MUST BE a realistic OPTION to CHOOSE NONLOVE.

And NONLOVE MUST HAVE

REAL CONSEQUENCES else it's all a phoney charade.

And NONLOVE ALWAYS RESULTS IN DEATH . . . by degrees or ultimately.

I just know that the authentic ALMIGHTY GOD REALLY IS ALTOGETHER GOOD.

And given that He knows when a sparrow falls and the hairs on all our heads . . . he must love everyone else more than I can imagine . . .

else Christ would not have died for them and the Father couldn't have tolerated sending Him.

Howe to wrap my mind around all the nuances and mysteries is beyond me.

So I just choose to trust what I don't know based on HIS CHARACTER that I do know from His RELATIONSHIP with me.

And, I'm just not big enough to judge God from an all knowing perspective. I'm too finite.

However, I can and do judge violence against women and children--particularly murder . . . in the name of "honor."

What an arrogant excuse for murder!

Sounds like a rather ruthless need to prove one's . . . longer.

Maybe they should all be Bobbitized as a punishment . . . before execution?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Everyday in the US, more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends.

domesticviolencestatistics.org...

This site offers no links or sources for their information.
However, if you give up some private information, they will give you a free $1000.00 WalMart gift card.

Fail

Pawned.

edit on 22-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join