It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside the Ring: Beijing coup rumors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

A lot of Chinese officials would like to see a more proactive and assertive China in world affairs. They would like to see a new foreign policy that does not paint the Chinese as timid and accomodating. However I do not think it is time for China to play an active role yet because its still "the new kid on the block". Adopting this stance now would only increase tensions in the region as well as in other places China has invested in. The current 'stand down" attitude is good as it does not fuel unnecessary confrontations and China could deal with its domestic problems and nation's growth. China can only survive as a Communist country and will self implode as a democracy. The huge population of 1.4 billion requires different sets of rules for governance unlike the Western world. Whatever that is happening will be put down and put down fast before it sets a precedence for others in the future. I cannot imagine a democratic China as it will revert back to the 1900s where you will have provincial warlords and the populace would suffer.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by slanteye

I have been happy with the progress China has been making on the international stage. I have not found a reason why China refused to take part in the UN START treaty for an international military force, but suspect that some well founded distrust in the global economy is part of that reason. Without a clear and fully accountable system of economic management there is a lot of exposure to deception. There are reasons why the system is the way it is but it is continually evolving and asking the difficult questions help solve the difficult problems.

As for China's governance structure, I expect any changes to be slow and considered. I fully agree that a sudden change to a fully democratic system will be detrimental and akin to an act of war with the disruption to the established way things are done. However, over time I would like to see a gradual progression to a more open discussion of the issues. At the same time it would be good to see the western world also be more considerate of the social implication with some of its decisions.

With all these different ways to manage a country going around, some where in the middle there is a lot of wisdom and common sense. Hopefully as a world we can find it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
I have feeling that China is in the verge of implosion. I mean alot of people said that for years despite reports of China being a soon to be superpower.

Btw should we call this the Chinese spring?
edit on 22-3-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

When will there be an American Spring?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
I have feeling that China is in the verge of implosion. I mean alot of people said that for years despite reports of China being a soon to be superpower.

Btw should we call this the Chinese spring?
edit on 22-3-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

When will there be an American Spring?

What we really need is an Earth Spring or if you want to add a bit of poetic ring to it a Terran Spring. This planet urgently needs reform, as it will implode globally, never mind China! We are half way there already. We need a new global system and way of thinking.
edit on 24/3/12 by Wirral Bagpuss because: Typo!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I was wondering if there has been any followup on this.

As a story it seems to have dropped right off the map. Anyone know?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
can't comment on weather there was an attempted coup and shots being fired. BUt as for the comment on the us being vulnerable to electronic warfare where our aircraft can be wiped out electronically sounds true to me.

I remember reading a book by richard marcinko-former commander of seal team 2, founder of seal team six and red cell. (it was a fiction book, but the source marcinko is pretty good) he talks about how the govt has electronic packages that have command and control functions where you can hijack an aircraft, cruise missile, radar station, transmitters, TV, satellites, just about anything electronic. THe device can fit into a few suitcases.

Now the plot of the book was that while on a mission to attack a mysterious chinese freighter near NK while on a SEAL team detachment mission he comes across these very same devices in the safe onboard the chinese freighter, and the devices were all made in the US. He ten goes on to unravel the mystery of how the chinese got this technology and discovers that they were given it by certain govt groups.

I know the book is fiction, but the guy generally talks about real life stuff in his books, and taes stuff he can't disclose in a non-fiction book. like missions and technology and puts them in Fictional accounts with some of the details changed or rearranged to not get thrown back into jail or sued by the navy or govt.

Not saying there is any truth in what he said, just saying.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Good post.

The more tech advances, the more the ability to counter it advances. And the more dependent on it we become, the weaker we become.

Complexity entails collapse, each new advance contains within it the seeds of demise.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I agree completely with what you just posted.

It seems like the more complex something is the more that can go wrong. warfare seems to be like that. I guess everybody is forgetting the murphy resistant principle called "keep it simple stupid."

I've talked to a few SF guys and they claim that they almost never rely on high tech gadgets cause there is almost always something going wrong with them. When given the chance they opt for the older reliable technology that is invariably simpler. I've asked about the seal delivery submersibles, and all the high tech guns. and the reaction is we never get to play with any of that s@#$ if we did the mission would fail before it started. If they can get good results using that ideology, why can't everybody else.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stadtsmasher

Bo Xilai the head honcho of Chengdu province was sacked from the party. His wife and son were arrested for the murder of a UK businessman. His chief of police told him he was being investigated and he demoted that guy who eventually spent a day in the US embassy in Chengdu as he felt his life was in danger. However...he left the next day and was arrested and has not been seen since. Bo Xilai was an influential figure in the inner circle before this mess occured.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join