It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside the Ring: Beijing coup rumors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Inside the Ring: Beijing coup rumors

www.washingtontimes.com

U.S. intelligence agencies monitoring China’s Internet say that from March 14 to Wednesday bloggers circulated alarming reports of tanks entering Beijing and shots being fired in the city as part of what is said to have been a high-level political battle among party leaders - and even a possible military coup.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
WOW, this is pretty scary if true. I don't believe a military coup in China would be a good thing for the world. I'm not sure if this is true or not but the whole idea of it kind of frightens me.

I had to share this because I would like to hear what others think of this possibility in world affairs.

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
For those who want to look into the story further, a related thread with a different focus is linked here, and includes a video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
So I made a vlog about this.

www.youtube.com...

This is bigger news than i thought. 40 some odd views in a few hours.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I saw this earlier. Not really sure what it MEANS tho....

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
For anyone unfamiliar with this story, the rumors broke here on ATS two days ago, more or less.

It seems certain words were blocked from a Chinese search engine. Shortly after the rumors came about one of the original sources claimed hoax, but then updated the possibility of it being real after the block on search words.

I spoke to someone in southern China and they knew nothing about it, but that doesn't lend weight to the validity either way. No matter the curtain over internet use in China, I assume we will hear soon whether or not this is accurate.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I did start a thread yesterday regarding this peice of news. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Alot of members blew it off as a hoax. Im pretty sure there
is some sort of power struggle going down in China.
This country is very good at controlling whats comes out
in there media.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
When hearing that the UN security council finally came to a decision on Syria I though it might have something to do with it www.irishtimes.com...

But then there is all the recent banker resignations going on as well, is China cleaning house too? Not really sure what to make of it, but differences of opinion in political debates is nothing new and not uncommon to get a little messy at times.

As for what I would like to see out of any changes in government direction, I hope China's responsible position on the global economy stays with its pushing for proper accounting and oversight. Domestically, some increase in freedom for its own economy is introduced with a reduction of international trade and labour imbalances. Harmonisation is not just an internal issues, but an external one as well with so many divergent cultures around the world.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

Very interesting. The back half of the article is almost all about how weak America's cyber-defense system is and how apparently all of our warplanes can be taken down electronically.

Huh. The US must have something up its sleeve, then. No one would admit how weak one particular piece of our military is in open session without having something in mind...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I wonder if there is any substance to these reports, that they have something to do with the claims made by Fulford. Didn't he mention that there would be arrests and a change in leadership coming in China?

There seems to be an awful lot going on in the background, the trouble is we just see the tip of the iceberg so its hard to get a clear picture

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
My money is on the Hardline Communists vs. the State Capitolists. Now which side do you think the military will be on?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Military vs. civilian is the usual power struggle breakdown in china.

Could be anything tho. Two factions within either?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have feeling that China is in the verge of implosion. I mean alot of people said that for years despite reports of China being a soon to be superpower.

Btw should we call this the Chinese spring?
edit on 22-3-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Nah. Spring roll hasn't been used already.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This could be dangerous.

The Military, like most all other military's, are made up of civilians. Ones that made it to general/corporal were once civilians many decades ago. Maybe they've just been waiting?

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Btw should we call this the Chinese spring?

I had Chinese Spring Rolls for supper... so. Yes.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by moderateAmerican

There's been a lot of talk of reformation in China lately. A lot of whisperings of democracy and regime change, etc. I really doubt this is Communism v Capitalism. China has been capitalist under the guise of Communism for a long time.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
No Coup. I think it was just internet rumors. Unless the Chinese have a way to censor all internet and not just theirs. Of course, they do have excellent control (this isn't a compliment) of their news reports.

That's not to say this couldn't happen soon. False rumors are sometimes scary that way. Regardless, it won't turn out well for these people no matter who's in charge at this point.

www.foxnews.com...

online.wsj.com...

edit on 22-3-2012 by shadwgirl because: another thought.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
this is very interesting and something to keep our eyes on. doesn't look fake -

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.washingtontimes.com...

US or Israel kicking up the hornets nest before attacking Iran?

edit on 22-3-2012 by wrdwzrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Another thing that has been going on is US sanctions over Iran oil, ATS killed one thread on this so it must be a very touchy subject, but heaps in the media about it www.reuters.com...

It does look like China is taking a stand.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join