It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man flies like bird is a CGI hoax, heres the proof.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
watch this video www.youtube.com...

pay close attention to the black patch on the left wing, also notice that there is no black patch on the right wing. Then the camera pans down to the ground, re-focuses to hide the shift to computer generated imagery and pans back up to the man in the wingsuit as he begins flapping, now look back at the right wing. A black patch matching the one on the left wing has appeared by magic in the seconds that the camera was pointed away. CGI continuity error.
hoax. Plain and simple. sorry to p*** on the bonfire. Made a new thread because people weren't reading the old one and realizing that it had already been proven a hoax.
credit to mat montag for making the still images from the video.

edit on 21-3-2012 by Arkady because: (no reason given)

Heres a close up of the device showing two black patches of tape, evidently there should be two and that's why they included both in the CGI without realizing that one had come off during the actual filming.

further evidence gizmodo.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

hi op

i also wanted to believe this so badly
but the bit where he flaps in bid air looked like a cheap puppet
sadly i believe its true
and you know the saying...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

Thanks for posting this thread. I don't see how anybody could NOT notice the blatant CGI job. Maybe some people will open their eyes and see that.

-TS

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Damn damn damn!

Got suckered in big time.

Just goes to show.................

: (

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
2 screen grabs taken from different positions, a small gust of wind could have easily lifted a flap of material to expose the black patch. Nothing conclusive here IMO. But then I "must" be stupid and stuff, cos like this is soo obvious !!!111!!!one. Just like the discovery channel people are stupid, people at the Wire and those in the other press articles. All stupid. But it's OK, ATS in all its "infinate wisdom" has solved it with 2 screen grabs

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

If you closely compare the before and after images there are several other giveaways that it's a CGI job but you were hardly the only one who got tricked.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
2 screen grabs taken from different positions, a small gust of wind could have easily lifted a flap of material to expose the black patch. Nothing conclusive here IMO. But then I "must" be stupid and stuff, cos like this is soo obvious !!!111!!!one. Just like the discovery channel people are stupid, people at the Wire and those in the other press articles. All stupid. But it's OK, ATS in all its "infinate wisdom" has solved it with 2 screen grabs

Yes I'm afraid you are because if you look closely the wings are semi transparent so you would still be able to see the patch underneath. Oh......and consult the guys designs on his website, there is NO flap of meterial to be lifted there.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

Cheers

Being wrong is what I'm all about

If everything I believe is wrong, then everything I don't believe must be right.

Right?

Dammit!

Wrong again

Must be more observant in future, and learn something about CGI
edit on 21-3-2012 by Illegal Alien because: Badd sbelyng

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

I used to think the patterson film was real, we live and learn.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Also the thing is, in order for him to generate that sort of lift and actualy keep flying his muscle density should be like Mr.Universe with extra steroids and a factor of a million.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

unless there's a motor strapped to his back.....oh wait...there is.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Ixtab

unless there's a motor strapped to his back.....oh wait...there is.

But oh wait...........it's cgi. The longer you continue militantly defending this obvious hoax the more foolish you're going to look when you have no choice but to accept the reality of the situation.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
To me, there are aspects of the video that do not make sense.

The video of him gliding looks real enough, but it's the flapping at liftoff that looks fake, IMHO.

It could have been that the wings are real, and the pure gliding is real--but the flapping is CGI.

Which would mean he had help getting into the air.

Which would explain the set of tire tracks on the ground as the guy is landing.

Did anyone else notice the tire tracks that follow his EXACT path of flight as he is landing?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Pretty good prank though all the same, guys obviously a pretty talented engineer.

Perhaps a new take and re design of those crazy bat suits some guys use for throwing themselves off mountains could be beneficial.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So, they added a little black square with CGI for what reason? Or could it be that it was there all along, and it's just the lighting/angle which obscures it? And I'm not the millitant one, millitantly defending this "CGI" outing.

If this is proved to be a hoax, by someone with a little more than "oh noez, a little black bit of tape appears from nowhere" then I'll stick with this being the work of someone with a bit more ambition than most. (and some motors, not super human arms )

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

Man, that video is not impressive, so why even bother accusing it of being a hoax? Is it because it made ATS's Newest Flags page?

link   
Here are the tire tracks I'm talking about.

Now, the only reason I'm posting this is because aspects of the video look real to me. What if they built a working hang glider and towed it from a 4 wheeler or something similar and videotaped it, then CGI'd in the flapping.

The flapping at liftoff is what looks fake to me. The gliding looks like it could be very real. The lie that is half truth...

Not saying one way or the other, just bouncing ideas inside my head...
edit on 3/21/12 by Tharsis because: (no reason given)

link   

So, they added a little black square with CGI for what reason?
Because they used the same computer model for both wings and just mirrored it.

Or could it be that it was there all along, and it's just the lighting/angle which obscures it?
No it couldn't be, how could the lighting possibly obscure it? what angle change the same area of the wing is visible at both moments. Before and after the camera pans away. You're really grasping at straws now.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Arkady

Man, that video is not impressive, so why even bother accusing it of being a hoax? Is it because it made ATS's Newest Flags page?

Yes that's why. Also because despite the proof that it's fake many people were still falling for it in the original thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
At first it was ok . but has soon he start flaping and going in the air

Look between 0:34 & 0:37
that part is 100% CGI

This thread shouldnt be in Skunk work
because you are right

Video Link

thread flaggued

edit on 3/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join