It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I witnessed a glitch in the Matrix

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I am finding this thread totally fascinating. I have not experienced anything strange myself (that I have noticed) however my 11year old daughter has, usually in the form of something seen out the corner of her eye, like a man all in black who is the height of a lamp post or a red 'paper napin' looking rose floating down between a woman and the dog she was walking and it disappearing before it hit the ground. Another is where she was walking along with some friends and noticed a pure white cat walking along on the outside of the row of kids. The friend next to her took a step forward and their leg looked like it was rubbing out the cat, like you see in some cartoons, where the back of the cat didn't re-appear on the other side of the leg as it swung forward, eventually leaving just the head visible and it too was gone as the leg passed it. She also hears owls hooting when alone in the garden, and they hoot the first 7 notes of Smoke on the Water, over and over until she is distracted or stops thinking about them!

Not sure about the matrix glitch but I am worried in case she is developing a brain condition.

would love to star/flag/vote up this thread but I am new and don't know how to.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
Please dont post pot related topics on this site, its pretty obvious you were tripping out maybe even getting days confused.

This DOesn't HAPPpen

1. Pot doesn't make you "trip out"; that is propaganda BS.
2. Of course it doesn't happen... and you would know, since the knowledge in your brain encompasses the entirety of possibility in this universe, right? Arrogant super-monkey.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by FlyersFan

Billy Graham's not dead????

[...]
Speaking of which... How many times has Abe Vigoda died for you? For me, at least 3 times. Christopher Lee twice, Rutger Hauer once, and Mr. Rogers before he really died, once... There are others but the phenomenon kind of blends into the background for me.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Who the heck is Abe Vigoda
Oh! Didn't he play in The Godfather? Rutger Hauer, Billy Graham and Mr. Rogers I remember. There were others but I forget who. Trippin' out...that's too funny. There's so many instices like that it's crazy. Did you here about that computer code they found made up the Universe. Maybe it is an actual glitch. Who knows right?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well, I lost count how many times I got up in the morning and I found my bedroom's door unlocked, even if I'm sure that I locked it before I went to sleep. I always lock my bedroom's door before I go to sleep. And in many cases, I have a clear memory of locking it in the previous night, and I get it unlocked in the morning...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

Might I suggest you experienced something which can be explained by quantum physics? You experienced Schrodinger's Cat (google it if you've never heard of it). For a moment the fruit bowl was both there and not there, until you became consciously aware that it was not there (the role of the observer in physics, see: the Copenhagen Interpretation), after which the fruit bowl's position in time and space had been measured so it disappeared.
That isn't a valid hypothesis at all. She had clearly observed the fruit bowl many times throughout the day. Therefore she was consciously aware of it's existence and it's presence would have been determined absolutely by her status as an observer. To state it would suddenly disappear once it had been determined to exist is absurd.

You assume that there is only one reality in which the observer/measurer is paramount - the objective. I believe there are two simultaneous realities: the subjective and the objective, and I also believe experience shows this to be very obvious, while others quickly call the one reality false or delusional and the other "true". My hypothesis is only absurd to those who "think" they already know the definition of reality without having even defined all of its parameters and measures.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

Might I suggest you experienced something which can be explained by quantum physics? You experienced Schrodinger's Cat (google it if you've never heard of it). For a moment the fruit bowl was both there and not there, until you became consciously aware that it was not there (the role of the observer in physics, see: the Copenhagen Interpretation), after which the fruit bowl's position in time and space had been measured so it disappeared.
That isn't a valid hypothesis at all. She had clearly observed the fruit bowl many times throughout the day. Therefore she was consciously aware of it's existence and it's presence would have been determined absolutely by her status as an observer. To state it would suddenly disappear once it had been determined to exist is absurd.

Indeed, I must clarify my last response. I assume (and I hope) that you are basing your accusation on the Laws of Thought, which I greatly respect, but the Law of Non-contradiction, of which you speak, suffers from the FACT that it stems from the very first law, which is purely subjective... That law is: "I exist."

If one is to base all of there logical thought on a purely subjective statement how can they then turn around and claim the objective is the "only" truth or reality? The axiom is "I exist", not "I am told I exist and I also know/believe I exist."

There is no such thing as rational thought., and therefore the absurd, without acceptance of the Laws of Thought. The three primary being: I exist, I am capable of knowing, and A cannot equal what is not A. Well, A does not equal what is not A if the subjective one who is defining A has not yet measured or observed it in an objective reality such as Schrodinger's Cat suggests, which is that there is the subjective reality and the objective reality, or the cat is both dead and alive until measured.

If my hypothesis were absurd I would have contradicted the Laws of Thought, but I did not, and it is far from absurd, but rather a perfect example of exactly what Schrodinger's Cat is surmising (at least if you step outside of a truly "assumed" box of there only being an objective reality in all time and space).

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I think I have a similar experience but I think it has to do with alternate realities or maybe a glitch in the matrix. I was used to seeing a bus number on the bus sign and often took that bus. But for a few months I did not see the bus number on the sign. But recently I saw the bus number on the sign again. Maybe the matrix is feeling the recession and is also cutting its corners lol

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I hate to be the lone gunman here but cmon. I read the op and its not an uncommon event. Your brain is craving the fruit and your reason is saying no. Conflict and confusion. It isnt a dimensional shift or a glitch in the matrix. Then came the australia moved crowd. The goonies changed. Mib2 is changing. The jerk is different. People are so fast to jump on the weird and out there bandwagon that they lose track of thqeir cqommon sense. Instqead of even considering the billion times more likely i made an error or i was confused it turns into martians moved australia just to muck up my day. The real glitch in theq matrix is people abandoning common sense for the fantastical. If you see a ghost float into your kitchen and starts throwing knives at you well we cant really attribute that to anything else other than crazy so thats one of those things that we cant debunk. But when thr obvious answer is i made a mistake and it gets no condideration well that says a lot about how some folks look at things.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Last night, I was at the store with my husband and I saw a new brand of pizza in a freezer bin. I called him over to see and he stood there looking through the other frozen items in the bin. I asked him if he sees any more of those pizza's in there because I only saw one box. He looked and said "Nope, that's the only one". So, I started going up and down the aisle looking for the pizza and never found any. He was still standing in the same spot. I went back to where he was, giving up on finding more. As we were walking away, I looked back. Low and behold, there was one box of pizza in the exact same spot we picked up the first box at! I looked in the cart and the pizza I originally picked up was still in there!!!!! This second pizza came out of nowhere!!!!!!!! I freaked the heck out and told my husband to look. He looked and saw the pizza and started saying "Yeah right, yeah right"
which was comical to me because he doesn't get into the stuff I'm into. I then held up the pizza from the cart to show him that it is not the same one. The look on his face was priceless
. I thought about this thread immediately and said "OMG we're in the MATRIX". He's like "Shhh, no we're not" but I could see that he was freaking out just as much as I was.

I wonder if some kind of time anomaly happened because of the second pizza being in the same spot as the first one. Or, was that spot some kind of pizza portal j/k! I don't know but it was very weird. We finished shopping and never did see that same brand of pizza anywhere else in the store. I also thought maybe I manifested the pizza by my intense looking for another one. I hope I'm not manifesting pizza, that's embarrassing! Whatever it was sure opened my husband's eyes!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
My turn... Actually this is happening as I write. Not sure its a true glitch, but atleast its an amazing coincidence. I was standing waiting for the train with my bike. Another guy is there waiting as well. I notice he has a female bike and then I notice its the same brand as mine only white and... Well female. Then my eyes catch his serial number on the bottom where the pedal is attached. For fun I check my own and guess what... They are consectutive numbers........ Mine reads 783333 and his is 783334.

What are the odds that I by chance miss two trains then end up with the consectutive bike 55 km from where mine wss originally bought 3 years ago....

Funny :-) I should have talked to him.

Quoting myself here... funny thing again...

The exact same spot, and again, I don't take this train if time allows it. I came down, stood the same place as last time. But this time the guy next to me is wearing the freaking same shoes as me...?! I mean, it's a common brand, but the exact same shoes.
Didn't bother to talk to that guy either, I just chuckled inside myself once again.

Maybe there's something about that particular station or the area it's at.

For fun I'll go through there next week again and see if I'm lucky enough to have something like that happen three times in a row hehe.
Edit: come to think of it, I'm pretty sure we also had the same color pants, although these weren't the same brand.
edit on 8/4/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have a vivid experience which seems to fit this thread. While in the county public library I collected a stack of books I intended to take out and then saw a new historical mystery which really interested me and which I was very, very tempted to borrow as well. But I decided that I already had enough books and returned it to the shelf, thinking I would take it out in the future.
A few weeks later I was returning some things to the library and the clerk at the desk said, "Oh, you also have an overdue book you haven't returned and owe a fine on." She then named the book I had not taken out. I said, "I don't have that book out, although coincidentally i was thinking of borrowing it." We went to the stacks and the book was still there on the shelf. She said, "That's a strange thing!"
Indeed, it was very strange, considering the hundreds of thousands of things in the library's collection and the fact this is the only time their records have ever shown me taking out something I actually had not taken, though I was on the verge of borrowing it!
Did I actually take it out in another multiverse or was my intention to borrow it so strong it registered on the library's computer?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FuManchu2

That is awesome.

You were meant to take out that book. You probably did in another timeline and then ended up in that timeline somehow. Very cool.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The human mind is an amazing machine.

But machine it is.

Sorry, I find it entirely more likely that these glitches were caused by faulty perceptions and assumptions rather than....bends in reality or shifts in dimensions or nonphysical gremlins messing with you.

There's all kinds of proof of the power of the human mind and its abilities to play tricks on you. Warps in space-time, not so much.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Windows replaced by bricks or it didn't happen.

2nd line

3rd line

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Maybe I'm on the wrong site.

Kind of disturbing to me that so many folks would be far more willing to believe in "a glitch in the Matrix" than admit that they made a mistake, or that they're tired and their mind got mixed up, or somesuch.

Wow.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I don't claim that there is a matrix, let alone a glitch in one, but I found my library book experience difficult to explain with conventional notions such as being confused, mixed up, or tired. I did not take the book out, the library computer said I did, and the library clerk and I both saw the book on the shelf when the computer said I had it out and it was overdue. (I later did take the book out and enjoyed it, by the way.)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by awakendhybrid

That's really interesting. Lately i feel like we are moving into a new dimension, noticing how fast my life seems to be speeding up....I've always wondered the dynamics of our dimension with the ones we are surrounded by, and if the past present and future are all happening at the same "time". Time, as we know it- i think is going to completely change, like the fruit bowl still there, even after it had been eaten. I just don't know.... that's wild!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
I thought I experienced in a glitch in the matrix when I tried to find a thread that was started yesterday. I remembered it being about a guy (obviously!) describing his one night stand and thought the woman could have been an alien (as in E.T.). It was hysterical and I looked forward to reading comments from other members.

I looked and looked and couldn't find it. It got to the point where I thought I was imagining it. I knew it had to be in either the Grey area or possibly Aliens and UFO's. Nope, couldn't find it. Then I remembered the member who started the thread and went to his profile to find it. It wasn't there! Now, I'm starting to really wonder if I'm losing it!

Finally after a half hour or more searching for an explanation I took a chance that I confirm I wasn't imaging it by checking my viewing history. Yes! I find the title. It was real! When I clicked on the link it came up 404. Phew!

I have to admit that I was seriously considering I had dreamt it or blamed it on a glitch in the matrix. Very freaky feeling!

Yeah it was deleted I was wanting to read the rest of it they could of put it in hoax or short stories

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuManchu2
I don't claim that there is a matrix, let alone a glitch in one, but I found my library book experience difficult to explain with conventional notions such as being confused, mixed up, or tired.

And yet that's exactly what reason would seem to indicate, no? The most obvious answer is you did, indeed, check this book out but you returned it to the stacks afterwards, as you say you returned it to the shelf. Perhaps it got checked out in the stack of other books and you had a brain fart and returned just that one book, perhaps you went through a self check out kiosk at this library and this book got scanned even though you didn't intend on it.

Either way, that's the obvious explanation. Entirely believable, as who among us hasn't had the wonderful experience of standing around in a room without the slightest idea why we went into it in the first place, or better still looking for our keys for 20 minutes before realizing they're in our hand or pocket?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join