It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French police surround suspect in Toulouse shootings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

French police surround suspect in Toulouse shootings

edition.cnn.com

About 300 police officers surrounded an apartment in the south of France on Wednesday, trying to coax a man whom authorities called a self-styled al Qaeda jihadist to surrender after a series of shootings that left seven people dead.

The 24-year-old suspect is accused of killing seven people in the last 10 days: a rabbi and three children at a Jewish school on Monday, and three soldiers of north African origin who had recently returned from Afghanistan in two earlier incidents.

He wanted to avenge the Palestinian children
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The French authorities, have pinned the location of the Serial Killer who killed paratroopers and Jewish people. So far, Special Operations Police are at teh scene, and are waiting until 12 PM, when the gunman said he would surrender. Some Police Officers have been wounded over the last couple of hours in this siege. The killer, is described to be working for Al Qaeda, and taking revenge for the death of Palestinian children.I am glad that they found the location of him, and are conducting ways in which to apprehend him.

Here is a live update as the events go on:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I've been following the same news site all morning as things develop. I hope he comes to his senses and can face justice and be judged for his crimes!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Yeah

The guy is named as Mohammed Mera, 24..

He describes himself as a "Islamic Warrior"

I would describe him as "Toast"

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
So now the 'neonazi' has turned into al qaeda. And he shouted this out the window(?) so the police and media could report on it. Blowback maybe? False flag? How many French police officers does it take to arrest one al qaeda (don't answer, rhetorical question). But he says he will give himself up after he makes a media spectacle first.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
the French police are just copying the American police that use 200 police cars to 'chase' an armed robber.

Looking at the same story on Russia Today, Sky News and BBC News, one readers comment regarding the story does highlight the excessive link with Al-Qaeda and Algerian people that the British news agencies seem to have.

The British news agencies state "French national of Algerian decent"

Just an observation not an opinion

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It seems that rumor has been calling him a member of Al Quaida- but in fact he has been undersurviellence (how embarrassing is THAT for the french authorities!) for a while and is a part of a small Jihadist group in Toulouse.
It seems though, that for much of the western world, Al Quaida is believed to be the only fanatic jihadists that exist.
There are many, in fact.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Kandahar prison officials have claimed that this goon was one of many who was busted out of Kandahar in a Taliban prison break a few years back:

The director of Kandahar prison in Afghanistan has identified the suspect as Mohammed Merah — a name that has also been given to AFP by a source close to the Toulouse investigation.
The prison director, Ghulam Faruq, has told Reuters that the man was arrested for planting bombs in Kandahar and sentenced to three years' imprisonment before he escaped during a mass Taliban jailbreak.
If this turns out to be true, the French governement and security services — who are understood to have been following the suspect for years — are going to face some very tough questions.

www.guardian.co.uk...

The French security services have been tracking him FOR YEARS...
Sounds like they should have been able to prevent this series of killings.
Incompetence?
Or something more nefarious?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Incompetence?

To me it seems clear- they could not take any action earlier because the backlash for arresting arabs here is always huge. Not only from the muslim community, but from the very large left wing population who are always looking for an excuse to scream racism. Already, they are going to be under a huge amount of pressure to PROVE that this is the guy who did it. You just watch and see.....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

More than this though, the authorities could not act anyway unless they actually had evidence he was up to no good. Suspicion is all very well and good but it doesn't gain convictions.

That said, is anyone else hoping that he gets paralyzed by a stray bullet? Death or prison seems too easy a way out for someone who thinks it is ok to execute kids from point blank range........

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Surely if the French Intelligence agencies have been tracking the guy,they would have a file on his past actions in Afghanistan-Including the prison break.

Wouldn't that have been enough to arrest him for terrorist connections?

And if they were tracking him-how did they let him shoot anyone?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Tracking does not necessarily mean they had a dedicated team following his every movement - it could simply mean they kept checking up on his activities. Before the shootings, it is entirely possible that he was laying low and therefore deemed less of a risk.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This dude has killed Woman and Children in cold blood! Islamic warrior my arse, shoot him in the head and be done with it! Proper justice!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Sorry but this rings of pure BS to, in fact my BS alarm is almost burnt out it is ringing that hard.

This supposed Al Quiada terrorist is an Islamic warrior fighting for the Palestinian children? So why was he running around last week shooting black soldiers? If he was just killing Jews, then yes perhaps this story would make sense, but there were two separate incidents last week where 3 soldiers were killed, 1 in one incident then followed by 2 in the next one, all 3 were of African or afro Caribbean descent, now don't get me wrong here, but a lot of teh African immigrants into France are in fact Muslim, would a Muslim warrior be going out killing other potential Muslims in retaliation of what is happening in Palestine

Sorry but this smells more than my dogs farts, and boy do they stink

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Incompetence?

Plain old Political Correctness - the terrorists most supportive ally.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Why not just kill him and be done with it...I understand the French have some fine CounterTerror people...ought to be able to dig up a sniper somewhere

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Dutch media reports he has been arrested.
nos.nl...
(Use Google Translate to read it)
I don't get it, they have been observing him, yet he had the chance to commit these awful murders. Something fishy about this.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

would a Muslim warrior be going out killing other potential Muslims in retaliation of what is happening in Palestine

Of course he would as he viewed them as traitors and practically apostates as they were in the French Army and thus seen to be actively supporting US / UK / NATO / Israeli policies.

It's so predictable that the usual apologists, PC do-gooders and self-haters choose to ignore the most likely explanation and look for any reason to excuse the actions of this murderer or pluck some sort of conspiratorial angle out of thin air.

If the French authorities had this person under surveillance prior to these attacks then they must shoulder some of the blame and responsibility.
However, if they had been following him 24 / 7 then the ususal suspects highlighted in the above paragraph would have been whinging about infringements on this persons human rights etc and the authorities seem petrified of upsetting Muslim sensibilities etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Apperently the French gov't is denying that they arrested him.

France's interior minister has denied reports that security forces have arrested the main suspect in the recent spate of shootings around Toulouse.

Arrest Denied

He must be in custody but isn't yet arrested or confirmed arrested. Still at least he's in custody...

EDIT: He is not in custody but they do have him locked down adn will prolly end up arresting him or he will take the cowards way out and cap himself. Either way they have him..

-SAP-
edit on 21-3-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Why not just kill him and be done with it...I understand the French have some fine CounterTerror people...ought to be able to dig up a sniper somewhere

he is in a building so a sniper is not the best tool, tear gas would work better.

P.s. I think they are still at siege, he is not arrested or detained.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join