It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French police surround suspect in Toulouse shootings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Looks like the info I posted earlier about this guy escaping from Kandahar prison was incorrect:

Countering reports that the suspect in seven killings in France was one of hundreds of men who escaped from an Afghan prison in 2008, Afghan officials said Wednesday that a man by the same name had indeed escaped then, but was a citizen of Afghanistan, not France.
The suspect has been identified in French media reports as Mohammad Merah. The Afghan authorities said that a Mohammad Merah was arrested on Dec. 19, 2007, and convicted of planting bombs in and around the southern city of Kandahar, which is the area where the Taliban movement began.

“All I can say is that we have this guy Mohammed Merah in our records, but he’s an Afghan citizen,” said Brig. Gen. Abdul Raziq, the police chief of Kandahar Province. “He’s certainly not French.”

www.nytimes.com...

Sky new are saying he has told police he will surrender late tonight-which makes me wonder what the hell is he doing inside the house?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Sky new are saying he has told police he will surrender late tonight-which makes me wonder what the hell is he doing inside the house?

My concern is that he wants to take out as many people with him as he can. He could be wiring as much as possible to explode.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1ibl2ibs

My concern is that he wants to take out as many people with him as he can. He could be wiring as much as possible to explode.

...and the French are letting him do it...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

...and the French are letting him do it...

-SAP-

I am surprised they (the French) aren't offering to help him do it...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Here, sort this out,

Merah has spent considerable time in Afghanistan and Pakistan, Gueant said. Merah was sent back from Afghanistan to France by the U.S. Army, Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said in Toulouse Wednesday. He said Afghan police had checked Merah's identification during a traffic stop, and as a result he was handed over to the U.S. Army, which then put him on board the first plane heading to France.

But a senior U.S. military official gave a different version from the French prosecutor about what happened to the suspect in Afghanistan.

The senior U.S. military official told the CNN contributor Fran Townsend that the French shooting suspect was stopped by Afghan forces who tried to turn him over to the U.S. military. The U.S. directed them to hand Merah to French forces since he was a citizen of their country. He was given over the French military by the Afghans and the French military decided to return him to France, according to the source.

security.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Some interesting things about Mohammed Merah.

M E R A H

M is the 13th letter
E=5
R=18
A=1
H=8

13+5 =18 1+8= 9
1+8= 9
1+8=9

999, turn it upside down you get 666!

In Malay, a Singapore language, Merah means 'red' a color associated with anger, and Mars God of War. And it happened in March , specifically the first of spring in March.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Lord Jules because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

Wow. Star just for that lolz. Keep up the good work

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hmm dont the French have the guillotine for acts of treason? I wont mind if they dusted it and brought it back out to serve up justice....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Im sure the French are aware that he could be booby trapping the place. France has been dealing with terrorism for a long time - Corsicans, French Muslims, etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Good to see FOX news reporting it well

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Quite Amazing exactly how much information the MSM suddenly has about him. Even going as far as to say he was watching ultra-violent videos and such. Amazing? I think strange. Yup, definately strange...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

maybe he is expecting his mates to kick something off somewhere else.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
999, turn it upside down you get 666!

edit on 21-3-2012 by Lord Jules because: (no reason given)

yes exactly and did you know if

You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Kill it.....kill it now

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
www.itele.fr...

For lives news from France.

I'm French-Canadians. So i understand all info being throw out.

AND... For conspiracy fan, he was arrested in Afganistan and then transfer to USA army ! :O

Candidat manchou time ?

This happen during electrion time in France too !

But he was in afganistan and pakistan in 10-11. He was acting "normal" like go clubbing and things young people do.

But he was a "bum", car stealing and little crime like that. We can even see a video of him doing donuts with a car !

Buuuuuuuut, the "candidat manchou" theory can be more fun lol.

Sorry for bad english

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

15.54 Prosecutor Francois Molins said the US army previously sent the Toulouse gunman back to France after he was arrested in Afghanistan. Afghan police detained Mohammed Merah and then handed him over to the US army "who put him on the first plane headed to France," Mr Molins said.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

dunnnn dun dun dunnnn !

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
He used the computer of his mother to contact one of his victims, a french soldier who was selling a bike, that's how they know what he was doing on the internet, by analysing that computer.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm sure the guy who carried out these attacks is just insane rather than a terrorist.

After all Robert Bales killed innocent children in Afghanistan and he's not a terrorist....right?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Something VERY suss about this.

He was held in Afghan,
He wasnt held in Afgha.
The americans sent him to France
The french sent him to France
He was a Neo Nazi
He's now a Alqaeda wannabe

sometimes these people take us for fkn idiots!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
lol... yea this story is really weird...

Either way, soon the GIGN will have a field day with him anyway, no matter what the story is...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join