It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie predictions From 30 Years Ago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I just found this video. Pretty interesting, this guys predicted the end on 2012 in this video made 30 years ago.
He is a psychic that was forced to leave France because his predictions where coming true.
He now lives in California. Link

He’s alleges that he sees the future in pictures and while his timing is off on some and he’s not 100% accurate, he does hit on several. His biggest is that he predicts visitation in 2012 and he says beyond that his visions stop. In other words, ET is going to vanquish the human race from the face of the planet.

Link to a 30 year old interview showing of the "unknown" psychic talking about what he sees happening in 2012.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

The Mayans predicted the "end" in 2012 thousands of years ago......
wayyyy more than 30. lol

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Fake and gay.
Also, repost.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Oh my god are you serious!? I never knew that!
Wow! Thanks Buddy!

I mean, good response, glad you got a post in...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

Vids already has been posted, seems a lil fake to me thought

IMO

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlutAusNord
Fake and gay.
Also, repost.

I can agree with it being fake, hell, I don't know either, I'm posting it so I can hear what people think. I just see it as more evidence either way, that's all.

But I don't see how this is "gay" I did not realize that electronic threads had sexual prefrences. I thought they where just ones and zeros...
I noticed your ATS handle, and then I connected to your "gay" post.
Do you need to start a thread and tell us all something?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Proven to be a hoax.
Please see below thread about it.
ATS HOAX

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinoi
Proven to be a hoax.
Please see below thread about it.
ATS HOAX

Copy that.

See, that wasn't so hard then, was it?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimesUp

Originally posted by BlutAusNord
Fake and gay.
Also, repost.

I can agree with it being fake, hell, I don't know either, I'm posting it so I can hear what people think. I just see it as more evidence either way, that's all.

But I don't see how this is "gay" I did not realize that electronic threads had sexual prefrences. I thought they where just ones and zeros...
I noticed your ATS handle, and then I connected to your "gay" post.
Do you need to start a thread and tell us all something?

semantics lol..., are you older then 25? if so, then I can understand, it's okay.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
this one was busted on ATS before. Closed!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
this one was busted on ATS before. Closed!

The Mods are very efficient at closing threads when necessary.

You're assistance is not required.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinoi

Well where in the post does it CONFIRM that it's a hoax? I read like 20 pages of people speculating is all.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Read through all the pages (40 odd). There are a lot of different reasons mentioned.
Make sure to read SkepticOverlord's replies.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Noinoi

If one was to actually read the words that are posted in that thread there was speculation and assumptions but no solid proof that it was a hoax. It was more like this has been declared a "Hoax" and anyone who disagrees with this idea is dead wrong. Then later it was changed to "Confirmed Hoax" which really, really makes it a "Hoax" in case you still had any interest left in this subject.
True story.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

Seemed to me that anyone who did not even try to understand what the reasons were why it was considered a hoax, were the ones who were not open to any other idea.

To them it was 100% a real video OR something amazing that it would cots tens of thousands and take up to 12 staff, using specific and expensive equipment to hoax.

To this, points were raised such as cost, equipment, editing factors, no interviewer at all on video.. all ignored.

The only evidence there was that this may have even been genuine was slowly chipped away at with scrutiny and factoring in other things such as new evidence where the same guy has been PROVEN to hoax himself into an audience, and other things like brand new members on the day with evidence such as blurry photos and all with a similar interest in ignoring any of the counter points put out, and who either run away or back to the WHY IS THIS IN THE HOAX!!!! people.

A newspaper clipping from the 80's - if not degraded to hell - would not look that good 1 week after it was printed. Le alone, one that somehow manages to avoid all the interference digitizing a photo entails. it comes out like PDF!.

The video, imo, had absolutely none of the audio issues from any analog recording of the time, let alone any degradation to the video/audio over time. Too crisp, too sepia. Too 'read your brain now build your world' star trek convenient.

But then again, ATS need another endless 700 page "Yes it is!" "No its not!" debate...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by Gerizo

Seemed to me that anyone who did not even try to understand what the reasons were why it was considered a hoax, were the ones who were not open to any other idea.

To them it was 100% a real video OR something amazing that it would cots tens of thousands and take up to 12 staff, using specific and expensive equipment to hoax.

To this, points were raised such as cost, equipment, editing factors, no interviewer at all on video.. all ignored.

The only evidence there was that this may have even been genuine was slowly chipped away at with scrutiny and factoring in other things such as new evidence where the same guy has been PROVEN to hoax himself into an audience, and other things like brand new members on the day with evidence such as blurry photos and all with a similar interest in ignoring any of the counter points put out, and who either run away or back to the WHY IS THIS IN THE HOAX!!!! people.

A newspaper clipping from the 80's - if not degraded to hell - would not look that good 1 week after it was printed. Le alone, one that somehow manages to avoid all the interference digitizing a photo entails. it comes out like PDF!.

The video, imo, had absolutely none of the audio issues from any analog recording of the time, let alone any degradation to the video/audio over time. Too crisp, too sepia. Too 'read your brain now build your world' star trek convenient.

But then again, ATS need another endless 700 page "Yes it is!" "No its not!" debate...

I think most people with a brain were "open to the idea". Based on what was presented, some people were not convinced it was a hoax plain and simple. Why would the guy hoax that video and release it on youtube? Does he get paid for releasing that video? Why would some random other person on the internet go threw the hassle of photo-shopping the guy in the video onto a London TV show to show him in the crowd to attempt to disprove the age of the video? Seems pretty dumb to do that if the main video in question was some elaborate hoax in the first place. It was a interesting story and this is a conspiracy discussion website where everyone has their own opinions. Some of us are skeptical of the so called armchair conspiracy experts explanation of a confirmed hoax, it is what it is.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Hmm..Seems too clear to be from 30 yrs ago. Don't believe there was HD back then
so ima give the video a

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hoaxed?Maybe, but the informations is duplicated by remote viewing at least by Ed Dames(i know already....but others as well)Who have claimed theres a blank wall past which one cannot go in ur future....??
Whats up wit dat?its either hoax or its some kind of confirmation of this end date thingy...doncha see?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Before this one gets closed too, here's what I think: the video is REAL as far as the year it was recorded. I've read in the previous thread that the guy who uploaded it replied to an email saying it was recorded in U-MATIC, which if I'm not mistaken is a broadcast standard that was used back in the day.

He also said he worked in video production, and that got me thinking. Apparently the reason the video was "debunked" in the previous thread was because it showed enough detail that it would have to have been recorded in 1080p. Well I can't see any difference between playing the video in 1080p, 480 or 360, even in full screen. Also if I had acces to professional video equipment and was to transfer material from an old format to digital before uploading it to youtube, I'd certainly have the courtesy of upscaling it and applying filters in order to reduce noise on the final result.

So in short, I'm inclined to believe that the video was recorded in 1980, as well as that he can't see past 2012 - for my own reasons. OTOH his interpretation of the reason for that as being a conflict with aliens, well, not so much.

For those who still think the video quality is too good for 1980, take a look at this U-MATIC transfer from another video from 1980:

edit on 20/3/2012 by Deny777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

Check out meaning of the word "gay" number SEVEN:

www.urbandictionary.com...

Then you have about 37 more pages of various meanings of the word "gay" = FAIL on your attempt to call someone out as some sort of pompous homo-phobe.

I don't have time to read all 37 pages, but I'm pretty sure he was using the word "gay" in the capacity of number seven......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join