It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Airs New Foodstamp Ad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by floorplans
reply to post by Rockpuck

Just out of curiosity If a government funded establishment makes someone mentally ill intentionally till the point where they cant work, do you believe knowing that you paid for that to happen to that individual that he should be put down for wanting or getting food-stamps? and if so would you provide further explanation?

excuse me in advance for cutting in ....

Interesting concept to say the least !!

How does a government funded establishment make somebody "mentally ill" ??

Unless they intend to establish unemployment as a mental illness.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I find it funny that people get angry at any government actively wanting to help their citizens and make sure they aren't going without food.

People get angry about the use of force. The money that people pay into taxes could actually be used to buy groceries instead of relying on food stamps. Also, food stamps are not a government handout. Food stamps come from the money that your successful neighbors earned.

People also hate the food stamp system because it kills the incentive for humans to do for themselves. It makes them reliant. All of the people I know refuse to work for things on their own, and why should they? They get welfare, food stamps, and child support....they don't have to work.

If government wanted to help people, they would make it illegal to ship jobs over seas. They would promote the responsibility of the individual.

So, your post is basically full of bs.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by popsmayhem

Black people only make up 12% of the population so there's not much to be dependent on

Yes there is : "Idiots".

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I agree! I have read a few articles about certain city's that forbid anyone to feed the homeless, because it's like feeding a stray dog I suppose? They would love to get everyone on some sort of subsistence to control them,thats my two cents

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
here is a twist, Puerto Rico has the possibility to become a U.S. state. Think about how many more millions of dollars this will benefit JP Morgan, and hinder the U.S. taxpayer.

Yikes

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ask not what you can do for your country but ask, what your country can do for you, hold hand out to receive, hand out, yes i get EBT but i work, this is like saying to the masses no work no job then come get help all you want, free ride all the way.
Not!!!!! earn the help that is what is help and assistance, till you are on your feet again not to be used all the time nor to be your sole income, shine shoes, wash windows, walk the dogs, rake leaves, anything to make make an honest days pay.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

I agree 150% that food stamps and all govt assistance programs should be temporary. I also agree that people receiving welfare should be drug tested.

However, what some people see as glamorizing food stamps for everyone, I see as simply showing that there shouldn't be shame in getting them if you are indeed in need of them.

I see it from both sides because I personally know both sides.

My mom's side of the family have always been diligent workers. My great uncles became school teachers, farmers, doctors and insurance salesmen. They have worked hard for years with no govt assistance and are all incredibly financially stable. These men are my grandmothers brothers. My grandmother, however, was married at a young age, didn't complete highschool and chose to start a family rather than go to college. She worked hard in factories for a few years, while raising four children. She finally graduated highschool years later, after my mom had graduated.

She has had the most health issues of any one person I know. She has had roughly 1-3 surgeries per year for various reasons for the past 6 or 7 years. She can barely walk around her own home, and has blacked out and fallen several times. She's had crippling pneumonia that has hospitalized her, caught e-coli from a negligent employee at a hospital where she was recovering from a pain pump installed in her chest (And believe me, if she was just in it for a handout she could've sued the hospital. She chose not too.), and as a result was in a coma for several days. She has cellulitis, degenerative disc disease and is currently going for surgeries to remove sections of her toes and foot bones. She's had it rough.

I don't begrudge her the $80.00 a month she gets in food stamps one bit, yet she's embarrassed by it.

I'm sure these ads will be heard by people looking to take advantage of the system, because there are people that try to take advantage of any situation. I used to work for a "greedy", "corrupt" corporation that many people love to bash. An airline. When the fuel prices spiked, not one person that called in to speak to me felt bad about taking advantage of our change/cancel policies, trying to work the system by hiding a pet in their luggage instead of just paying the pet fee, etc. At that point, no it wasn't their tax money, it was my money, and my co-workers money. It was our jobs. Several were laid off, routes were cut, pay raises were suspended and we all feared the company going under. Yet we saw blogs, and info in the MSM constantly about how to wiggle out of paying fees.

There will be people that take advantage of every situation - but that doesn't mean there aren't honest people who just need help every now and then.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Exactly what kind of time limit? I mean it isn't like being poor has a exparation date. Not to mention, ( thissubject hits home fr me) I have a full time job, my wife has a full time job, we both put in at least 50 hours a week, we are on food samps for my kids

Some people are not going to get their formerly good jobs back

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm going to throw in my 2 cents on this. a couple of years ago, I was going through some hard times, I decided to try to get some help cause I didn't want to mooch off family and friends during my job search. Turns out the lady at the office didn't want to process me, I showed up with paperwork, everyone else there that I saw had no paperwork at all. The lady kept asking for all kinds of things, I produced them until she finally came to my citizenship, (I am a naturalized citizen) I presented her with my certificate of naturalization, and she said I need to know the exact date that you came into the country, I said I didn't know since I was 11 months old when I came in, after that I realized she just didn't want to process me and I said screw it, I'll do this on my own just like I have always done.

Guess what? I didn't starve, I'm still alive, no food stamps for me, and I vowed to never ever ask the government for help. I was angry, that all those years I worked as a Union Tuckpointer, all the taxes that got snatched up from my checks, and the one brief moment when I needed a bit of help, I was thrown so many obstacles (that lady really had it in for me it seemed).

In conclusion I say it is all a scam, when people really need it for temporary relief they are not granted any help, and the people who chose to make food stamps and such programs their lifestyle, they get the free ride. there are too many people abusing the programs and are not allowing others to benefit from those programs, if that is how it's going to be, then I will not support it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Really? You,and so many others, assume people are being self entitled. AND THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO. Whoever decided THEY HAD THE RIGHT TO STEAL ALL THE LAND AND RESOURCES ON THIS PLANET AND THEN DOLE THEM OUT TO YOU IF YOU WERE THEIR SLAVE IS COMMITTING MASSIVE CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY.

In other words everyone shared equally in all resources and land, and should already be in homes, growing gardens, sharing, helping each other, and living quite well with some joint projects, without any of them, banks, or their forced employment.

For all that was stolen from us and our children and the loss of property, home, lifestyle, and the torture and abuse put on people instead, this is huge. If put into dollars, they owe us massively.

And I'm not joking. I am so completely fed up with all the programmed robots making those comments, who are a part of the criminal actions of the leaders of this planet.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

put gas in the car..................half checked

Community service should be a requirement for government assistance.

I'm also a firm believer that if you're getting something from the Government you should be giving something back to the community. Community service builds contacts, creates employable skills, and shows people what you're capable of. It also builds self esteem for people who have always had a Government handout and not known any different.

When Obama was running for office in 2008 he made several speeches in which he said he would make community service a requirement for social assistance, but I haven't seen any such discussion since he came to office.

But it always makes me laugh when people complain that they have to cut back on everything because of the price of gas, but the last thing people will cut back on is their usage of GAS.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Okay, I have to speak up. Even though I personally believe that 9 out of 10 people on food stamps are milking it, or outright defrauding the government.

But this business about taxpayer money is so annoying. "Thats MY MONEY those poor slobs are TAKING"

no, no, no. This is the worst thing about our country, and why I am ashamed of my citizenship; Even if some people are taking it fraudulently, it's not YOUR money. It's all made up, and every dollar in your wallet, in your savings account, every dollar your wife steals from your dresser to spend on the man she plows when you're at work, every dollar you give your kid for allowance, all of it, every single one, is owed to someone else. Every dollar is [dollar +debt]^nth degree.

So why are you hogging all that money that's owed to someone? The answer is that it doesn't matter, because we all know the economy is a fraudulent scam. A ponzi scheme, nothing more. Don't talk about YOUR MONEY when it's not your money. You're either a wage-slave, like me, or a salary-slave who voluntarily puts on a noose before going to work. The money, ultimately, belongs to the fed. It belongs to the 1%. They threw you a table scrap, and you said 'MINE MINE MINE". The guy next to you didn't catch any scraps, and even though you're no better off than he is, you were unwilling to share a little bit. And you get fired from your job, only because it's cheaper to hire new guys for cheaper, and you're pension is taken away, and you can't retire,or find work, that welfare will be there for you. What will you say about food stamps, then, I wonder?

The vile multitude needs to stop stealing from each other and start taking down the parasitic few.

I had some friends in college, they were both blind,and they got married. They were working hard in school, overcoming every adversity. They took the bus. BLIND. They were both tutors in the tutoring center. They had foodstamps because their part-time tutoring jobs didn't pay for their medical care/housing/food. They are working as hard as they can, but it's not enough, so they get some government assistance. How long should they get benefits before we cut them off?

It's a case-by-case, period. But most people are genuinely lazy slugs.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy

So it looks like the American government is now wanting the masses to get on food stamps. Is this a ploy to get all Americans on food stamps because they would like to regulate you on your weight, alcohol, or preferences? Or, has it become clear, that they want to help the masses, and food stamps is now the new social norm?

Like to here from the ATS community

edit on 18-3-2012 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

LOL they can't even use American Money in their own American Ad?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
First off, I think it is funny that the Fox News panel makes it a point to never mention where this ad comes from.

Because just like some are doing here...they want to make this about Obama.

I'm pretty sure this ad is coming from Minnessota's new program to make sure people that need help are getting help...mostly seniors.

www.hungerfreemn.org...

I find it funny that people get angry at any government actively wanting to help their citizens and make sure they aren't going without food.

the GOP doesn't want the government to help nobody that is poor...only help those that are wealthy....their mantra...POOR PEOPLE BAD, WEALTHY PEOPLE GOOD.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
The most unfortunate thing about food stamps is you have to have an address.
That leaves the homeless who really need the food out of the equation.

Here in my county, you can use the salvation army shelters adress for
Food stamps & Parole address. For parole you have to be there every night or your violated.

Receiving mail @ th S.A is fine.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

the GOP doesn't want the government to help nobody that is poor...only help those that are wealthy....their mantra...POOR PEOPLE BAD, WEALTHY PEOPLE GOOD.

You got to see the big picture. The GOP and Democratic Party are one in the same. GOP politicians vote for more food stamp benefits because companies like Wal-Mart pay them to. DEMs do the same when it comes to subsidies for multi-billion dollar corporations because they are paid off too. The Rich vs Poor, Gay vs Christian Family Values are just dividing points brought up in every election just to give the dumb masses something to vote for. Obama is not much different Bush was.

Look at the politics with an open mind and you may realize the 2 party system is a sham.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Yeah FOX!!! like they don't slant everything. Geez if only life were so black and white.

Some people are struggling and need help because they had bad luck not because they are junkies.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-3-2012 by outandopen because: (no reason given)

But maybe you are right 40+ million people are all a bunch f druggies....yeah that must be true!

oh and if you want a country with no social assistance...go visit India, Africa, etc...See how you like it there and then come back and envision what you saw in the slums of India right here at home. Because that is what happens when the poor outweigh the rest. A slummy dirty depressed country...but I am sure we will be there shortly.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The conspiracy here is: Get everyone on food stamps, then change the law with what can be bought. Now you have how many people on GMO littered foods stuffed with multiple preservatives and cancer causing carcinogens.....population control in the disguise of helping people from starvation....

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is all very simple. Government is not charity, government is force of law. End of argument.

If people would like to donate a portion of their profits to help people eat food than they are allowed to do so. Create the charity, sign people up and have fun with it. Why can't people who disagree not be allowed the same right to not fund and participate in it?

Government is the force of law. It is force that is administered through threat of violent force and eventually violent force itself. Force of law is not charity. It is force.

I find it funny that all these people that want the government to be a charity have no problem with governments using force and threat of violence to create the means of that charity.

edit on 19-3-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You mean forage, right? Science has proven that too much protein causes your kidneys to shut down. We shouldn't kill animals for food, anyway. Just because they're a lower life form doesn't give us the right to snuff out their lives.

And there's the added danger of your gun accidentally going off and harming one of your hunting partners. Best just stick with veggies and fruit.

/TOA

Wait, stop. Hold on. What about epileptics on a special Ketogenic diet? They basically have to trick their bodies into going into -- and staying in -- starvation mode. In turn, the liver produces keytones. We're not 100% sure why, but keytones protect the brain in famine situations. In many cases, a Ketogenic drastically reduces the number of seizures a patient has per day. Sometimes seizures stop altogether.

This was discovered sometime in the 1920s, but so was phenobarbitol. Western medicine chose to go the pharma route. However, starvation has been linked with seizure prevention dating as far back as the Greeks.

Why I'm bringing this up: Meat is absolutely essential to the Ketogenic diet. Yes, there's vegetarian versions of the Ketogenic diet, but following a Ketogenic diet is extreme and difficult already. One must militantly measure and time all food that is consumed -- if you mess up once, it's seizure time for days. When a patient has exhausted all drug options, the Ketogenic route is the only one left.

So, how can you say that it's "better" to stick with fruits and veggies? Yeah, admittedly, a Ketogenic diet is hell on the kidneys. But without a brain, you've got nothing.

Believe me, it's a trade-off I've weighed. My brain is more important.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join