It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Airs New Foodstamp Ad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So it looks like the American government is now wanting the masses to get on food stamps. Is this a ploy to get all Americans on food stamps because they would like to regulate you on your weight, alcohol, or preferences? Or, has it become clear, that they want to help the masses, and food stamps is now the new social norm?

Like to here from the ATS community

edit on 18-3-2012 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Now that I finally got this video to work, would like to hear from the ATS community on how they feel about our government now more than ever wanting food stamps to be the new social norm

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
pay the rent.........check

pay the utilities..............check

put gas in the car..................half checked

isurance on the car..............pay it next month......

food in the fridge
hmmmmm......maybe well have to hold off of some of the rent

Jobs friend......good paying jobs at that............it all comes down to the jobs sector...........

if people are hungry, they should be able to eat something.........

There is a self entitlement problem here in the states.

Community service should be a requirement for government assistance.

Just some junkie logic.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
obviously want people to go on food stamps so they are more dependent on the system and will be less likely to fight against it to change it. I think when Europe had had their riots the government threatened to lose benefits like that if they were caught participating.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I cannot disagree with you, however do you find it interesting that our government is now pushing foods stamps?

Kind of strange and belated, if you think just yesterday the social norm was to frown up anyone using food stamps right

As they needed to pull themselves up by their boot-straps and get a job

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

If Obama makes food stamps, 9% unemployment et al, the new normal, then he can diffuse any criticism towards his policies.

I mean 50 is the new 30.
So why not recession being the new gold standard to achieve?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This has been said over and over again and I do think there is some truth to it. When someone depends on government support they are going to vote for those who give them handouts. Anyone want to guess what party the majority of welfare recipients side with?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Very good point Beezer, If you cannot make by way of crazy statistics to the masses that the current statistics are normal, change the game a bit

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The most unfortunate thing about food stamps is you have to have an address.
That leaves the homeless who really need the food out of the equation.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Like it or not Gingrich is right Obama is the food stamp president the ad just proves what we already knew.

Icing on the cake Obama is buying more votes with your tax dollars.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

That is not true. Homeless get expedited food stamps when they apply. They can get their food stamp card via General Delivery, use a homeless shelter's address, or even a local churches address

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
First off, I think it is funny that the Fox News panel makes it a point to never mention where this ad comes from.

Because just like some are doing here...they want to make this about Obama.

I'm pretty sure this ad is coming from Minnessota's new program to make sure people that need help are getting help...mostly seniors.

www.hungerfreemn.org...

I find it funny that people get angry at any government actively wanting to help their citizens and make sure they aren't going without food.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Obama has done nothing but good for this country. He is trying to feed people, here! What, you want people starving in the streets, knocking on your door for food? Where is your compassion?

/TOA

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by allprowolfy

If Obama makes food stamps, 9% unemployment et al, the new normal, then he can diffuse any criticism towards his policies.

I mean 50 is the new 30.
So why not recession being the new gold standard to achieve?

Ya, Obama wants people to be on food stamps

Your supposed to throw away used douche bags, not drink em, FYI...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Obama has done nothing but good for this country. He is trying to feed people, here! What, you want people starving in the streets, knocking on your door for food? Where is your compassion?

/TOA

Tell me, is the economy shedding 750,000 a month??? Last I checked we went from
losing a great deal of jobs to turning that trend around...

I am not sure what the hell is wrong with your perception man, seriously.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I believe in fairness. If poor people get food stamps, I should get food stamps.

Otherwise you're stealing from me and giving to them.

To the OP: the advertisement is an embarrassment.. being on food stamps should NEVER be socially acceptable, it should be frowned upon, it should be a temporary crutch.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Is this real?

How is it the ad starts with a grandma talking about taking her grandkids to the park but needing to be healthy to do so? She then goes on to sale us on food stamps.

However, the ad ends with a bunch of black people in a welfare office? Probably recorded without their knowledge, too.

BS

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Obamas supporters have to eat somehow.
Not like they are willing to work for it when they spend TAXPAYER MONEY to air a commercial about spending more of our TAXPAYER MONEY.

"Dont work, get on food stamps" - Will be the new commercial comming this fall.

Food stamps are meant to be a temporary staple till you can get back up on your feet. It is
OVERLY abused. People rely more on stamps than they do their own abilities.
Ive known people who have been on them for YEARS.
I think there should be mandatory community service after recieving a certain amount of benefits. That would really help cut down on the waste. People might actually get up and look for work instead of being forced to do community service.

The fact that the govt is PUSHING this program, scares the crap out of me. Is our industry taking a dive that fast that the govt has to come in and direct traffic the other way ? Wheres the jobs man? Wheres all this change we were promised? Wheres this "STRONGER ECONOMY" that is supposed to be "Getting Back on its feet"?
(insert excuse here)

If we are "better off now than we were 4 years ago", why are things so much more worse?

:
edit on 18-3-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A disgraceful ad that is GLAMORIZING food stamps like its a new fad or something.

Food stamps is something to be viewed as a LAST choice option, not an exciting new fad.

Food stamps and welfare should be a [color=gold]TEMPORARY thing with a time-limit placed on it.

We are only hurting those who are truly in need of these benefits by making it easy for the SLACKERS IN SOCIETY to take advantage of them. The SLACKERS who have NO PLANS of ever getting off of them make those who need them look bad.

Help those who truly need these benefits by getting the SLACKERS off of them and not GLAMORIZING it via ads like this.

edit on 18-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by The Old American

/TOA

Tell me, is the economy shedding 750,000 a month??? Last I checked we went from
losing a great deal of jobs to turning that trend around...

I am not sure what the hell is wrong with your perception man, seriously.

My perception? It's that more food stamps is a great idea, and will put America back on her feet! People are starving left and right, and offering them a way to eat, no matter what the cost, is what we need to make America great again!

/TOA

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join