It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Christians get angry.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's funny how the OP points out the idiocy of Christian logic so clearly...yet the thread proceeds with idiot Christian logic.

Classic.

Good video, good points, same argument you'll have every. single. time.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Since when has an arbitrary appeal to authority deserved a legitimate response? Okay, fine, I'll fight fire with more fire. This is called "Reductio ad absurdum" (Reducing to the absurd):

YOU: "You guys are all wrong."

ME: "Nope, you're all wrong. Debunked."

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Another good one from 'God' at facebook....

sorry not sure how to insert photo yet,, will read up on that,, here is the link

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
It's funny how the OP points out the idiocy of Christian logic so clearly...yet the thread proceeds with idiot Christian logic.

Classic.

Really now...

Appeal to Authority.

ar·bi·trar·y
   [ahr-bi-trer-ee] Show IPA adjective, noun, plural -trar·ies.
adjective
subject to individual will or judgment without restriction; contingent solely upon one's discretion: an arbitrary decision.
decided by a judge or arbiter rather than by a law or statute.
having unlimited power; uncontrolled or unrestricted by law; despotic; tyrannical: an arbitrary government.
capricious; unreasonable; unsupported: an arbitrary demand for payment.
Mathematics . undetermined; not assigned a specific value: an arbitrary constant.

Arbitrary.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What has this so called God done for anyone apart from tell them what they CANNOT DO???

Breathed his Breath into you, and gave you the life and conscious that you so enjoy spending by mocking Him and making fun of Him.

Enjoy this one life that He gave you, because it's apparently your last.

I don't know about you, but the thought of eternal blankness and death, scares the crap outta me. I thank God everyday that I don't have that irrational fear anymore...

It must be tough living your life knowing that you have no purpose aside from dying and returning to the earth as dust....what a pity for you, Sinny.

May God have mercy on you Sinny. I sincerely pray this.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The religious way of thinking at times makes me shake my head, and laugh. It's just quite silly. Let's take this thread for example. There are a few people informing us that if you don't believe in Jesus, then you won't have an afterlife. Now, I can believe that they believe this. They believe this to be a truth from a loving god. But I have high doubts that a true loving god would actually make this a rule. Now, don't go quoting the bible, which is "truth" written by man. Think logically for a moment.

Imagine an atheist. No, no, not the types that keep going around being rude sob's and feel like giving all the religious people "payback" for the ways "truth" was shoved down their throats. No, imagine a nice atheist. Believe it or not, they do exist. Now, this man doesn't believe in god, but he's a good man. He's kind to people, polite, goes out of his way to help people(even if the ones he helps don't always treat others the best), and is all around the type of person the majority of us should try to be like.

Is he going to not receive an afterlife? Is he doomed to hell, like so many believe? If so, why? He's a good person, shows love to others, even if they do him wrong. So do you truly believe that your "loving god" would damn a good person, all because he doesn't believe in him?

Now imagine a christian. The type that believes they are good christians. The type that goes to restaurants, and snaps at the waitstaff all because they didn't get the service they felt they deserved. They refuse to let their kids play with their friend, who just happens to have gay parents. The type that looks down on those that don't believe their beliefs. The type that goes around, trying to tell everyone they're either going to hell, or not going to have an afterlife, all because they don't believe in their god. The type that believe that god gave them free will, but refuse to let anyone actually use their free will. The ones that actually go against free will. Can't have gay marriage, can't believe in anything else or else they'll be condemned by god(as well as by them). The kind that will yell at and insult employees over the phone, or in-store, because they're unhappy.

Is this person going to have an after-life? Is this person going to heaven? Granted, some may read that and say "No", but the ones who do act that way truly believe they will have an afterlife.

I consider myself a spiritual person, not a religious person. My whole life, I've had this sort of thing shoved down my throat almost everywhere I went. But though I don't believe, I have a very hard time believing that this "loving god" that you all cherish, would damn somebody because they don't believe in them.

I've seen plenty of parents who don't agree with many of their children's decisions. To the point where they get mad at them, because it feels like they're ruining their lives. But whenever those children need help, the parents love more often than not, shines through.

If a mere human can love their children so much, that they help them no matter how they've been, then how can a "loving god" condemn someone for something similar? Just doesn't make much sense to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

"If you play in the street you will get hit by a bus"

LMAFO!!...That may not be a threat but its certainly fear mongering, overbearing, and controlling.

Tell your child if she stays in side the house, a burglar might come in and kill you all too.

You best tell her not to use the stairs either, she might miss one half way down.

In fact tell her not to use any of the plugs, you never know when one might short circuit.

Teaching your kid to go through life scared of buses and God, you wonder why so many people have distaste for such religion.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

LMAFO!!...That may not be a threat but its certainly fear mongering, overbearing, and controlling.

*GASP*

GOD FORBID!!! You're right! We can't have parents looking out for the best interests of those whom they love and cherish now can we??

What HORROR!!!

P.S. And I appreciate you agreeing that it's not a "threat".

edit on 18-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Iason321

Still sounds like a threat to me......
Accept Jesus or your afterlife will not be good.

Is this a threat?:

'Hunny, listen to mommy, if you play in the street you'll be hit by a bus."

I thought that would be a stern warning from someone who loves you and doesn't want to see you perish.

Yhea but mommy didnt tell the bus driver to drive up and down the street trying to hit little kids did she? Nor did Mommy create the bus that is the cause of the problem.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Breathed his Breath into you, and gave you the life and conscious that you so enjoy spending by mocking Him and making fun of Him.

Actually, we, all us sinners and non-believers are mocking you, and your undying belief in an evil creating, jealous, murderous, psychotic deity you call "god."

I can't for the life of me understand why you all insist on worshiping a god with a split personality and one who would ask you to give up your free will and critical thinking for a god that requires you to embrace human sacrifice and cannibalism.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Classic.

Really now...

Appeal to Authority.

ar·bi·trar·y
   [ahr-bi-trer-ee] Show IPA adjective, noun, plural -trar·ies.
adjective
subject to individual will or judgment without restriction; contingent solely upon one's discretion: an arbitrary decision.
decided by a judge or arbiter rather than by a law or statute.
having unlimited power; uncontrolled or unrestricted by law; despotic; tyrannical: an arbitrary government.
capricious; unreasonable; unsupported: an arbitrary demand for payment.
Mathematics . undetermined; not assigned a specific value: an arbitrary constant.

Arbitrary.

I'm not sure how any of that applies.

You're saying I'm not an authority on the matter? That my opinion is arbitrary?

Well, I've got news for you, fellow human. You have the same knowledge as me. Your knowledge comes from the same sources. You have not met God, you do not know if she exists or not. Your opinion is equally arbitrary. I guess the only difference is that I no longer sit in the sanitarium letting them poison my brain every Sunday.

Now if one of you Santa-believing-in folks could just admit that you MIGHT be wrong...

Oh, by the way, I've read the Bible, The Qu'ran, The Book of Mormon, and I've also read some of the most brilliant people to ever walk this Earth - And I've made up my mind.

So, based on what I know about ME and what I know about YOU, I can only assume that I am a more accomplished and accurate authority on the matter.

Good day sir!
edit on 18-3-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Please DO NOT pray for me, the very thought is turning my stomach.

I'm free to walk this Earth knowing I'm doomed to return as ashes and no more? LOL seriously...you do not know me, I am in fact spiritual, but refuse to resign my self to an imaginary God in the sky. My spiritual beliefs stem from that of the Buddha and his teachings, and scientific fact that suggests consciousness is possible beyond death.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Yhea but mommy didnt tell the bus driver to drive up and down the street trying to hit little kids did she?

Well, no, because neither did God do that.

Nor did Mommy create the bus that is the cause of the problem.

Well, no,.. God didn't do that either.

Did you learn about Christianity from evilbible.com?

Hold that thought, I'm going to go check out BP.com and see what the truth is about alternate energy sources.

BRB...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Because the person schooling folks on fundamentals of logic and rational thought is the Christian. No one else cares about making rational, concise, arguments that aren't fallacies.

So if think you've made a legitimate attack on us with prejudicial arbitrary conjectures, insults, and appeals to authority, you must accept them in return as a legitimate debunking.

Check out what reducing to the absurd is all about.

edit on 18-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Yhea but mommy didnt tell the bus driver to drive up and down the street trying to hit little kids did she?

Hold that thought, I'm going to go check out BP.com and see what the truth is about alternate energy sources.

BRB...

NuT, she probably won't even understand your BP reference there. She's not exactly the brightest bulb in Gods box,

I'm sorry this post was mean spirited, I'm just a little irritated with all the ignorance I've been encountering today.... I'm officially done with this thread before it turns ugly...
edit on 3/18/2012 by Iason321 because: sorry please forgive me. no hard feelings Sinny. I'm just a little on edge.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Why continue your back and forth with people adimit in their mindset and you to yours? Nothing will come of it. You have yet to adress my post "Look. Argueing religion ideologies gets us no where.

Lets put it this way. The universe is vast beyond our imaginations, hell, we cant even see past our observable universe which Im sure there is vastly more things out past it. Like wise, the universe is tantilizing small. We have made incredible technological steps and now can see into the past. Atheism is wrong for saying their are no gods or dieties, but so are religious people for blindly following that there is one. Just because an old book tells of a tale, doesnt mean its real. Its impossible to disprove god as its impossible to prove god. We are just simply too small in the grandeur of the universe to see. So until such time where we have the knowledge, technology and know how, religion will always be and so will atheism, agnosticism. However, the human born dieties do seem rather silly and spiteful when you compare him/her/it to the grandeur of the universe. It clearly stems from human produced thought and not actual haoppenings. "

I am somebody that will debate with you logically and soundly and will happily listen to your side aswell. But you do not want a conversation with someone willing to take the time out to actually communicate, you enjoy the combat style I see. If you do want an actual dialouge, lets chat.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

BRB...

I would have to respectfully disagree, I think god did create the lucifer he was an angel until god demoted him. When he demoted him I also believe he created "what" he is/was.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

follow all the false religions, false doctrines, false beliefs of men, atheism, secular humanism, and wind up in the grave, dead for eternity.

What a contradiction
your just spouting again
so what the hell are we to believe
believe what you want but your views will go in circles
love one another and live with nature
thats the reality i see with my eyes

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Does any one else appreciate what that means?? It means the brain does not create consciousness, but receives it from else where..

I was listening to a radio talk show the other day. It had a scientist guest who was confirming from recent experiments that everything is energy. Everything exists as Creative Thought (thought is creative energy).

It was interesting having a real scientist confirm my personal belief. Each person is technically their own Creative God (at various levels of existence/vibration/dimension).

So yeah - - the brain - - a physical creation is not the consciousness. It is a physical tool of consciousness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join