It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Christians get angry.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

you enjoy the combat style I see.

Excuse me? Did this op not throw down the gauntlet?

And btw, if someone doesn't get combative about something that makes it manifest they have NO PASSION for it whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by TinkerHaus

It's funny how the OP points out the idiocy of Christian logic so clearly...yet the thread proceeds with idiot Christian logic.

Because the person schooling folks on fundamentals of logic and rational thought is the Christian. No one else cares about making rational, concise, arguments that aren't fallacies.

So if think you've made a legitimate attack on us with prejudicial arbitrary conjectures, insults, and appeals to authority, you must accept them in return as a legitimate debunking.

Check out what reducing to the absurd is all about.

edit on 18-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Arbitrary? Nothing arbitrary about it at all.

A typical Christian behavior was witnessed in the OP's video. Then you and your ilk came along and acted in the EXACT same manner.

"no proof is needed, it's all in this book that was known to have been written by man, shaped by man, altered by man, used by man for so much evil...but nonetheless it is the word of God!"

Again, nothing arbitrary here. Arbitrary is a random, meaningless result. This is a predictable and completely expected result - You should check the definition you posted for "arbitrary" as you obviously have not done so yet.

And I maintain that anyone with a working brain has just as much "authority" on the matter of god and gods as you do. They're all make believe and we all have imaginations - so really, we're all experts.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What has this so called God done for anyone apart from tell them what they CANNOT DO???

Breathed his Breath into you, and gave you the life and conscious that you so enjoy spending by mocking Him and making fun of Him.

Enjoy this one life that He gave you, because it's apparently your last.

I don't know about you, but the thought of eternal blankness and death, scares the crap outta me. I thank God everyday that I don't have that irrational fear anymore...

It must be tough living your life knowing that you have no purpose aside from dying and returning to the earth as dust....what a pity for you, Sinny.

May God have mercy on you Sinny. I sincerely pray this.

As you have stated,, You got the Crap Scared out of you with some Irrational Thinking,, then you turn around and think you are being Rational,, because you "FIXED" it by insertion of another Irrational behavior. I am sure that makes you feel good,, but I doubt there is real Logic and Rationality at play here.
The Universe is Scary, so making up stories to fulfill the need of being able to move about day to day under the burden of all that is Life,, is very understandable,, and I feel sympathy for you.
Most Believe that to have morals and meaning in their lives they submit to some ideology that fulfills a need of assurance (remember the Hymn,, Blessed Assurance,, I do)
The Purpose of My Life,, and In Reality Yours too my kind well intentioned co habitant on Earth,, is this:

The Meaning of Life is WHAT I PUT INTO IT.

This is true no matter your belief system. I just don't believe in a 'Creator' who gives out Only One life to figure all of this out... So I believe in science,, energy=mass etc,,, and mass/energy can only be transformed,, not destroyed,,, so you are right we are Eternal... I believe as Souls we get a bit more leg room than yahweeh Jah alows for in his "Word" He is a bit egotistical and much of a tyrant,, giving damnation out as he does,,,
I think reincarnation ,,, in some form is more likely as I believe the Universe is the Greatest Recycler of all,, and our Soul energy will not be wasted,,, Nor Burned up in an eternal Fire of Damnation.
On top of that,,, the Book was recording Alien Intervention in human affairs,,,
You more than likely have been worshiping some egomaniac Capt. Kirk Type being who is a total A Hole.
Jesus I concur may be different,, but I drawn the line at the One and Only Way.
All Roads may lead to Rome (God as you see fit) and we are just on different paths to the same destination.
You can believe your Map is the Only Correct One if you like,,, but We will only see when we get there,,, and I am not worried as much as you about others choice of Roads... maybe you should watch out ahead where you are going and not be so concerned about others driving down a different road.
Your god seems small and petty when looking from a wholistic viewpoint.
And just so you know,,, was Saved as a young child, grew up with it,, Read the Bible in totality,, still look once in awhile,,, Studied to be a Rev. / Minister,,, but realized my Pagan self was more suited to my soul.
Have no regrets of leaving Christianity when my feet hit the ground RUNNING from the likes of many Sheep in Wolves Clothing,,,, I will take my chances without the threats of Hell.
Sorry you succumbed to the FEAR RELIGION instead of finding the Kingdom of Heaven Within.

At peace,, and hope yours is real too,
EarthCitizen23

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

reply to post by mileysubet

Yhea but mommy didnt tell the bus driver to drive up and down the street trying to hit little kids did she?

Well, no, because neither did God do that.

Nor did Mommy create the bus that is the cause of the problem.

Well, no,.. God didn't do that either.

Did you learn about Christianity from evilbible.com?

Hold that thought, I'm going to go check out BP.com and see what the truth is about alternate energy sources.

BRB...

NuT, she probably won't even understand your BP reference there. She's not exactly the brightest bulb in Gods box,

Yes I understand the reference to getting the source of information from an opposing (i.e. negative source) would cloud the judgement/knowledge of the person receiving the information. Thank you for showing shown your true self Mr. christian. Please leave personal attacks out of the conversation, this is not the place for them.
edit on 18-3-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Combat does not equal passion. Passion can be peaceful, something the world has forgotten. As for op, yes he came off as quite smug and in your face. But once more, thats his choice to see that as either right or wrong. He obviously saw nothing wrong with how he formulated his OP.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Actually, we, all us sinners and non-believers are mocking you, and your undying belief in an evil creating, jealous, murderous, psychotic deity you call "god."

Ummm, that isn't our "belief" about the nature and attributes of God. You invented that. That's yours, and the belief of others who share your presuppositions and worldview.

Period.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

Actually, we, all us sinners and non-believers are mocking you, and your undying belief in an evil creating, jealous, murderous, psychotic deity you call "god."

Ummm, that isn't our "belief" about the nature and attributes of God. You invented that. That's yours, and the belief of others who share your presuppositions and worldview.

Period.

I hope you can admit your belief in "presuppositions" as well - nothing you are preaching isn't the same tired old garbage we've heard for two millenia now.

You want to use these buzz words to paint a picture of those you choose to argue with, but I wonder how willing you are to see if those clothes are a good fit on you?

link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It's not a threat it is a reality , if you take it as a threat then it is on you . You can read and I doubt you have read the bible . If you look at all the prophecies of the bible then there is only one conclusion . A higher power exists that told. Man to write down these events before hand so you will know that I AM is real. People choose not to believe in God not because of lack of evidence in Him but because all of the confusion of the bible interpretation by so called bible scholars .

The bible explains itself but to prove this you must take lots of time and effort to sift threw the verses that witness one another and you must learn some Hebrew and Greek . The Strongs concordance , a Smiths bible dictionary , a good map of then and now and the companion bible will get you to the truth in short time .

I am going to peg you as one who is more interested in abasing Christians and disproving the bible than of seeking the truth. Do a quick search on you tube of AMAZING BIBLE FACTS and the TORAH BIBLE CODE to see the works of God .

link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinny

Arbitrary appeal to authority.

Oh, I love this game! Can I play too?

I see you arbitrary appeal to authority and raise you a false dichotomy!

In regards to Jesus and the afterlife, why can't we all just cease to exist? Why is it Heaven, or Hell?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Arbitrary = "unsupported/capricious"

This ----> "You are all wrong." is arbitrary if there is nothing to go along with it.

This is fact. Google "Arbitrary" from any source on the net you trust for accurate definitions.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Earthcitizen and everybody else:

There IS the possibility of universal reconciliation, and some other universalist type ideas.

There's also the possibility that maybe Gods plan for some souls is to live a life on earth as a Buddhist or New age believer, whatever, then reincarnate however many times it takes and accept Christ and be united with "the Source".

We just never know for 100% sure, I suppose.....

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok
reply to post by boymonkey74

It's not a threat it is a reality , if you take it as a threat then it is on you . You can read and I doubt you have read the bible . If you look at all the prophecies of the bible then there is only one conclusion . A higher power exists that told. Man to write down these events before hand so you will know that I AM is real. People choose not to believe in God not because of lack of evidence in Him but because all of the confusion of the bible interpretation by so called bible scholars .

The bible explains itself but to prove this you must take lots of time and effort to sift threw the verses that witness one another and you must learn some Hebrew and Greek . The Strongs concordance , a Smiths bible dictionary , a good map of then and now and the companion bible will get you to the truth in short time .

I am going to peg you as one who is more interested in abasing Christians and disproving the bible than of seeking the truth. Do a quick search on you tube of AMAZING BIBLE FACTS and the TORAH BIBLE CODE to see the works of God .

I HAVE read the Bible but I'm not sure what prophecies you're referring to. Can you please enlighten us with all the prophecies in the Bible that have come to pass?

You have a chance to get some big numbers here, you show me a biblical prophecy that has come true and I'll sign up to stand on a soap box and wave an "the end is nigh" sign. Show me just one Bible Prophecy that has come true - and something that can be specifically tied to this event too, not some abstract string of language that could be applied to hundreds of different situations.

Not only will I brandish that sign, I'll stop posting in this thread and on religion @ ATS in general. One. Just one.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Arbitrary = "unsupported/capricious"

This ----> "You are all wrong." is arbitrary if there is nothing to go along with it.

This is fact. Google "Arbitrary" from any source on the net you trust for accurate definitions.

So your belief in God is arbitrary?

*sometimes things play out the way they do for a reason.

edit on 18-3-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Thank you for being an open minded person of belief. We need more people like you

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

reply to post by Sinny

Arbitrary appeal to authority.

In regards to Jesus and the afterlife, why can't we all just cease to exist? Why is it Heaven, or Hell?

Hold that thought..

We're still debating whether or not we need to be rational here.

We'll get back to you when there is a consensus either way.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

Combat does not equal passion.

I didn't say that.

Let me simplify it.

If you punch my wife in the face and I laugh about it, I'm not passionate about her and her safety.

edit on 18-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Hahah! That actually got me laughing

Some of the early Jews believed that every soul went to Sheol and were sort of in a state of sleep.

Beliefs and view of the afterlife have evolved quite a way since the early days of Judaism and Christianity....

As I said, maybe we all will find out some day, or maybe none of us will ever know.

Live and let live

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

So your belief in God is arbitrary?

*sometimes things play out the way they do for a reason.

Of course not. And believe you me, when I argue for the existence of God I don't do this:

"God exists, you're all wrong"

"Can you support that?"

"Nope, take my word for it."

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

You Missy have took my "Your all wrong" Comment out of context, and you know it!!

CRAZY FOOL!!

You missed the

Face off my comment, and one here who's familiar with my posting style knows I don't really think I'm the only right one. Duurrr.

GET SOME NUTS!!

I'm a man. Now what?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join