It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Christians get angry.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I don't think I've done any of that.

I've admitted I could be wrong, I've asked you to do the same. As is expected, you people cannot even ADMIT that it's POSSIBLE that you're wrong.

You are telling us God exists, and you are telling us either play by "the book" or suffer the consequences.

You're more guilty of what you accuse me of than I am.

And again, my question, can you at least admit that what you "know" could be wrong?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by Iason321

Please DO NOT pray for me, the very thought is turning my stomach.

I'm free to walk this Earth knowing I'm doomed to return as ashes and no more? LOL seriously...you do not know me, I am in fact spiritual, but refuse to resign my self to an imaginary God in the sky. My spiritual beliefs stem from that of the Buddha and his teachings, and scientific fact that suggests consciousness is possible beyond death.

Hurray for you Sinny. I agree and have said the same to people in person,, including family.
Prayer can be a lot like Magickal spell casting, (from a Pagan viewpoint here) and much of the time is only done to resolve conflict within the Praying Person,, not the one 'prayed for'...
I do believe Prayer can be benificial when used properly,,,, such as,,, to imbue Positive energy on the Food I eat, and nullify the negatives surrounding unblessed things,,, but I prefere to do this myself,, or only with someone of the same mindset/worldview.

I would NEVER PRAY for anyone whom did not ask for it,, and then,, I would pray that Only the Highest Good come from such an act. I don't take it lightly when someone says,,, I am going to pray for you.
When this happens,,, "Sheilds Up Scotty'' I counter it with what I believe Protects me.
So,, there is room for both I believe,, but when someone says that without permission or being asked to do so,,,It is PURE EGO on their part... So protect youself.
In Tibetian Buddhism there is a tradition about thought forms and they are called Tulpa,,, this is what it boils down too,,, dealing with others Tulpa creations,,, some of which are very Powerful,, as we can see in the daily news,, suicide bombers for God and such.

Is a tricky road,,,
I won't pray for you Sinny or the poster antagonist,,, I just say,, Beware of Energy that is Not asked for and remember the Non Attachment Rule to the Illusory facade presented by so many.
Funny point though,,, we have to understand the Ego drive for this before we can do much about it.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I hope you can admit your belief in "presuppositions" as well

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

"And btw, if someone doesn't get combative about something that makes it manifest they have NO PASSION for it whatsoever. "

You stated to be passionate, you must be combative. If thats not combat equals passion I dont understand your interpretation and use of the english language.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I hope you can admit your belief in "presuppositions" as well

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I don't think I've done any of that.

You're correct, you have not. I didn't say that. But you are defending someone who did do just that, and what's remarkable, it was after they mocked Christians for being irrational.

Go figure. I was pointing out that the pot is just as black as the kettle.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

"And btw, if someone doesn't get combative about something that makes it manifest they have NO PASSION for it whatsoever. "

You stated to be passionate, you must be combative. If thats not combat equals passion I dont understand your interpretation and use of the english language.

Not exactly, re-read.

Combativeness arises out of passion, either in a good way or in an evil way. But guaranteed, if something you allegedly care about doesn't move you to protective mode, you don't really feel passionate about it at all, ..

even if you think you are.

edit on 18-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yay! some else interested in real tangible facts

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Advice absorbed EarthCitizen!!

I do not under estimate the power of thought! There is scientific proof that thought patterns can effect the physical world, and I don't appreciate anyone praying for me to go to heaven, or hell!! lol
edit on 18-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I bring it up because you mention "presuppositions and world view" it as if it's something to be ashamed of,

Dude, i certainly didn't do that. I never even discussed mine nor brought them up.

Your "world view" was written by ancient, barbaric men living in mud huts.

Okay, here we go, I could point out that your presuppositions and worldview come from folks educated far beyond their intelligence sitting in ivory towers with their heads in the asses and they smell nothing. And their "facts" change constantly when even more educated ass hats come in and change everything previously held as fact.

But I won't say that. You see, that would be an appeal to ridicule argument.

(See how stupid insults are?)

edit on 18-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Ok. Fine. Ill re apparaise my appraisal. Instead you stated for those ideas to manifest (grown and expanded) it is required to be combative. Either way you put it, you still have to be combative? I do find that idea to be silly. Ill fight for my beliefs to the death, but not violently or combative in nature.

Now with your second point saying combative aspects arise from passion is true. But its only true if you let your reptillian R-Complex still take the upper hand. You are not a violent being as much as you delude yourself to be. Combative does not equate to strong passion, it equates to weak mind.
edit on 18-3-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You Missy have took my "Your all wrong" Comment out of context, and you know it!!

CRAZY FOOL!!

You missed the

Face off my comment, and one here who's familiar with my posting style knows I don't really think I'm the only right one. Duurrr.

GET SOME NUTS!!

I'm a man. Now what?

Read the above comment again and replace the word "Missy" with the word "Sir"
.....I don't know what else you were expecting LOL

Although in my defense you post like a woman

edit on 18-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

In your reply to MonkeyBoy you suggested study of the Bible, learning some Greek/Hebrew etc..

I have done all that and MORE,, yet believe Jesus Lead me away from the likes of you and the warped ideology of exclusiveness inherent in Christianity. St.(I call him that only for reference) Paul was the real ''creator'' of Christian thought such as yours,,

Even though I am Pagan,,, I wholeheartedly believe that the Kingdom you seek is not in some heaven with streets of Gold,,, but as Jesus said,,, THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN

Your God is Small and you should realize that others are capable just as yourself in deciding TRUTH.

Leo Tolstoy wrote a fine book on the subject maybe you should read it,, as a Christian it may enlighten you some on the subject... No sarcasm meant by this,, honestly putting it out there.

Wikipedia has this to say:
-----------------------------------------------------
The title of the book is taken from Luke 17:21. In the book Tolstoy speaks of the principle of non-violent resistance when confronted by violence, as taught by Jesus (see Christian pacifism). Tolstoy sought to separate Orthodox Russian Christianity (which was merged with the state) from what he believed was the true gospel of Jesus Christ specifically the Sermon on the Mount.
Tolstoy takes the viewpoint that all governments who wage war are an affront to Christian principles. When Christ says to turn the other cheek, Tolstoy asserts that he means simply that and rejects the interpretations of Roman and medieval scholars who attempted to limit its scope, writing:
“How can you kill people, when it is written in God’s commandment: ‘Thou shalt not murder’?”
Tolstoy presented excerpts from magazines and newspapers relating various personal experiences, and gave keen insight into the history of non-resistance as being professed by a minority of believers from the very foundation of Christianity. In particular, he confronts those who argue that such a change to a non-violent society would be disastrous with the following recourse:
“That this social order with its pauperism, famines, prisons, gallows, armies, and wars is necessary to society; that still greater disaster would ensue if this organization were destroyed; all this is said only by those who profit by this organization, while those who suffer from it – and they are ten times as numerous – think and say quite the contrary.”
Tolstoy recounted challenges by people of all classes that his views on non-resistance were wrong, but argued that no matter how the challengers tried to attack the doctrine, its essence could not be overcome. He advocated non-violence as a solution to nationalist woes and as a means for seeing the hypocrisy of the church. In reading Jesus' words in the Gospels, Tolstoy notes that the modern church is a heretical creation:
“Nowhere nor in anything, except in the assertion of the Church, can we find that God or Christ founded anything like what churchmen understand by the Church.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I believe the OP thread is about,, How Violent Christians can turn on a dime.
Paulanity is not the same as Christianity,, choose well Grasshopper,, so that no one smites you down with your own book.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

Ok. Fine. Ill re apparaise my appraisal. Instead you stated for those ideas to manifest (grown and expanded) it is required to be combative. Either way you put it, you still have to be combative? I do find that idea to be silly. Ill fight for my beliefs to the death, but not violently or combative in nature.

Now with your second point saying combative aspects arise from passion is true. But its only true if you let your reptillian R-Complex still take the upper hand. You are not a violent being as much as you delude yourself to be. Combative does not equate to strong passion, it equates to weak mind.

Okay, let's make this personal instead of general.

My combativeness arises from my passion for Christ. I love Him.

Attack anything else other than the person I worship and you'll get no combativeness from me.

(Well, unless you attack my Colts too)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You Missy have took my "Your all wrong" Comment out of context, and you know it!!

CRAZY FOOL!!

You missed the

Face off my comment, and one here who's familiar with my posting style knows I don't really think I'm the only right one. Duurrr.

GET SOME NUTS!!

I'm a man. Now what?

Read the above comment again and replace the word "Missy" with the word "Sir"
.....I don't know what else you were expecting LOL

Although in my defense you post like a woman

I was expecting you to not make foolish assumptions about me. Guess that's why I'm let down a lot, placing my expectations in humans instead of Christ.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I understand, but still the idea of combativness over the ones you care for is still silly. Yes I would physically defend anyone I care for more than myself in a time of need of such actions. But only if the opposing force is great enough to need such repremand. Its one thing to be strong to your beliefs and ideals, its a whole nother issue to be over bearing with them. Live life, enjoy life, stop trying to change people (we all try but very few succeed) and just try and be as happy as you can be. Its a long haul but its even longer when two people with opposing beliefs cannot even be civilised to one another. Out of most religious people, you are actually one of the easier ones to talk too. Ive theroughly enjoyed our back and forth. Take care

Aaron.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

Actually, we, all us sinners and non-believers are mocking you, and your undying belief in an evil creating, jealous, murderous, psychotic deity you call "god."

Ummm, that isn't our "belief" about the nature and attributes of God. You invented that. That's yours, and the belief of others who share your presuppositions and worldview.

Period.

Ummm, If I'm to presume that you speak or every christian, then yes it is your belief.

Who created sin, hell and satan? Who said he was a "jealous god? Show me where I am wrong to call your god a murderer and please show me how he's NOT a psycho? Please show me how Jesus DIDN'T command you to eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Please show me how I have invented any of my assertions on how your god hates free will and critical thinking.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Foolish assumptions yaknow lol...what was so foolish about my assumption?....Is your "God" going to shmite me?? Lol...actually when I was replying to you, I wrote Sir, than changed it to missy, then tried scouring my brain for any reference of your sex in previous posts and I remembered you posted something about kids not being able to play in the street in case they get flattened by a bus....so yea I assumed you were a mother...I took a gamble and it failed. BIG WOOPYDOO!!

not

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

POINT: I'm not a combative person. I'm a person who get's combative about Christ.

Are we done, can we move on?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Foolish assumptions yaknow lol...what was so foolish about my assumption?....Is your "God" going to shmite me?? Lol...actually when I was replying to you, I wrote Sir, than changed it to missy, then tried scouring my brain for any reference of your sex in previous posts and I remembered you posted something about kids not being able to play in the street in case they get flattened by a bus....so yea I assumed you were a mother...I took a gamble and it failed. BIG WOOPYDOO!!

not

Okay, who cares if I'm a man or not? Irrelevant.

Moving on..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join