It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens last episode "The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Phage,I know you may have your theories on the subject of how the stones were carved,and I am sure it has been discussed many times on here,so please enlightened me and those who have missed out on that discussion.
Don't really care about the flying objects,my interests lie in the stone work and how it was done.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by snalesnot
they say one theory was use trees to roll stones that were 60mil miles away from puma punku site and who the hell in their right mind would roll stones weighing 100 tons 60miles on trees? EPIC FAIL forcast not likely

Don't forget it: In trees and UPHILL. And by the way there are no ancient roads in that Area

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
reply to post by gortex

Keep an open mind, people.

But not so open that your brain falls out.

How about you do some research for yourself beyond what charlatans like Tsoukalos and van Daniken do for you. Just because somebody who's famous for his goofy hairdo tells you its impossible for something to have been done by human hands doesn't make it so.

It's hilarious to me that people really, genuinely believe this crap. It's like I'm watching some strange new religion form.

you're being a classically lame and transparent troll. If there was integrity to your post you'd have included you're own links to your own information - this 'research' you mock others for not doing but don't do yourself either. Which says one thing very clearly, you aren't interested in knowledge and education you're interested in ridiculing people. Its crap like this that makes me not post here anymore.

-TF

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
Giorgio Tsoukalos particularly debunked the mainstream scholars and BLASTED the shills, skeptics, haters and naysayers of the "Ancient Alien" theory, with a simple explanation: Puma Punku is placed in a point of the Andes so high that no trees ever grew in the area, so the official explanation of archeologists about the infamous "rolling bearing method" with trees trunks, for transporting those blocks, is baloney.

Nice thread, but to be a bit objective... If there are no trees in the area at the time -- what did the people use for fuel to cook their food? Apparently not trees, so what else was there?

Here people will hike 2+ hours to get to a place to collect/clean wood for cooking and hike it home. I'm sure the people there were equally as tough, if not more so, and who knows what the forests were like then.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Really? I thought that there was a quite well laid out historical record of warfare. Quite a lot of evidence of famine as well. Then the Spanish showed up. Of course, the "History" Channel never mentions that.

With wars there are survivors. Two sides eliminating one another in to extinction with swords, spears and primitive weapons? Ok so one civilization wipes out another so then the victor afterwards never recalls this ever happening? Never bragging about wiping out oh lets say the ancient Sumerians? Whomever destroyed the ancient Sumerians in a theater of battle must have kept a tight lip after it happened? Lets look at how the Spanish eliminated the Aztecs and Americans and new world came to be. There is documentation of little big horn and Crazy horse and a whole lot of bragging on how us Caucasians exterminated the Native Americans. Yet some Native Americans managed to survive such as leaving to canada or being kept on reservations.

But unlike this nobody, no culture existing now takes credit for wiping out the Ancient Sumerians and other said cultures?

Now unless you wipe out said culture with a ELE or one hit mega death with a weapon such a Tactical Nuke that would make sense?

See my point?

Famine leads to migration
edit on 17-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
Good episode.

Don't underestimate the power of the human mind and body though, it isn't IMPOSSIBLE that they built these structures simply because it would have been hard.

I agree with Gortex, most of the theories discussed in AA are just so unlikely. And then they point to rock carving or something for evidence...

You aren't getting it.. It WAS IMPOSSIBLE for them to do it. No man, no matter how much determination could have pulled it and other HUGE structures off back in that day. Period. There's no walking around that fact.
edit on 17-3-2012 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I'm no expert. I will defer to others who are archeologists (Byrd, etc.) and have knowledge about the work that has been done about the stones, their manufacture, and transport. From what they have said (in other threads on the subject) there is nothing remarkable about the stones. Nothing remarkable except for the demonstrated skill. Given time and skill, humans can do wonderful things. With tools which were made by human hands. With tools which were made from natural materials.

I don't agree with the notion that "primitive" people were incapable of producing such work.

edit on 3/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
I agree that it was a really great episode, probably the best since the first season.

I thought the theory that the H-blocks were a railway for planes or spacecraft was dumb, since they are found perfectly side-by-side.

I had a problem with that too. If they had antigravity technology and the ability to levitate massive stones, why would they need launching ramps?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The "airplane" artifact has eyes. Why?

The fact that a modified version of the artifact was made to fly demonstrates nothing. Just about anything can be made to fly.

No it can not.
But ...."everything" can be levitated. In fact "everything" does.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I'm no expert. I will defer to others who are archeologists (Byrd, etc.) and have knowledge about the work that has been done about the stones, their manufacture, and transport. From what they have said (in other threads on the subject) there is nothing remarkable about the stones. Nothing remarkable except for the demonstrated skill. Given time and skill, humans can do wonderful things. With tools which were made by human hands. With tools which were made from natural materials.

I don't agree with the notion that "primitive" people were incapable of producing such work.

Nothing remarkable that they where made of Diorite, which only diamonds and lasers can cut? Nothing remarkable about the precision and measurements or angles either, just skill needed right? And skill to transport those stones weighing hundreds of tons and raising them ono that site... Skill yes, but what kind of skill? Technological skill, in many ways suprassing our own today.
edit on 17-3-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Good point.
Why would they need rockets?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

No it can not.

A lawn mower can. That's not a very aerodynamic device.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Absolutly... do not need to go to Puma Punku. They should go to Florida.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Lastone

No it can not.

A lawn mower can. That's not a very aerodynamic device.

Can you ?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Nothing remarkable that they where made of Diorite,

Which ones were made of diorite (capitalization not necessary)? Not all of them. Nice trick to mention diorite and imply that all the stones are diorite. They aren't.

Who says diorite can't be cut?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

So you think they had like Gilligan's Island or Flintstones technology? You can't use a double standard in your proofs. You can't argue on one hand with (I admit) very compelling proofs to the contrary in some discussions and then totally speculate with vagaries such as "natural materials" in another. What kinds of "natural materials" can cut stones like that other than what we know today? And don't say coconut husk rope and tar embedded with sand wrapped around a bamboo bicycle wheel peddled by some idiot. There is also a reasonable time frame at stake here. Sure water can erode stone after millions of years, but come on now be consistent.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I agree with you on that level that humans could have been, and were capable on many levels surpassing what we know or could do today,with limitations,of course.
With out the help of any outside entities.
I do believe in lost knowledge and technologies,though.
I do believe that as a human race,all of the species,did alot more then what has been taught to us.
I just read an article somewhere where they think neanderthals used boats.
So,it's not to far of a thought to think that maybe some people from the Sumerian culture could have traveled across the pacific ocean and landed in South America,in reference to the bowl with the inscriptions.

It's not a stretch to think that maybe diamonds were used somehow to carve stone.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by randyvs

True enough. I'm not blind to the irony...

But I've actually seen the critter. There is little to no evidence of alien/advanced humanity had anything to do with the building of megalithic structures around the world. The evidence shows nothing more than could be accomplished by handtools utilized by craftsmen with training in their craft. Stonemasons. Carpenters. etc...

Occam's Razor comes into play here, I should think.

Irony ? I got some irony for ya. While I've seen and even photographed a UFO once for total of fives times. I also am skeptical that they amount to physical aliens from another planet or out there as some would say.
While at the same time I'm fully convinced of Sassys presence in da-voods. Tho I've never had a glimpse or caught wind of any rotten egg smell in the wild at all. I think often about how mixed up that sounds so hardly ever call attention to the obvious. If you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I think they were not sacrificed because there are no ancient mass graves in the Andes. They literally vanished and it leaves one answer: They were evacuated away of this planet.

I agree

Evidence of several cataclysms over the centuries due to ELE's and famine and we are left ruins and no skeletons fossilized and no human remains to be unearthed. Sometimes a random bone here and there but nothing? Unlike in Pompei where remains are frozen in time from a ELE/Volcanic eruption one would expect something similar? But no forensic evidence to support the critics theory of wars and famine?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

reply to post by bottleslingguy

Good point.
Why would they need rockets?

that's far too difficult a question to answer for one reason only, that rocket design comes from a glyph and we don't know what all the glyphs are talking about, we don't know the full story. We have crumbs from which we are trying to determine the cake they came from. we can look at a glyph and say "this looks like machinery, I'm going to make a model" or "this looks like a duck, I'll make a model" but to ask "why would they need a duck or rocket???" as if that somehow prooves or disproves that the glyph represents a duck or a rocket is ridiculous and redundant. Its like you willingly refuse to consider things if they fall outside your education, well how on earth do you expect to learn anything new? you must consider what is unknown to learn new things because the new things aren't known yet, if you only live in what is 'known' you will only ever discover things others have already... and regurgitate the info.

Peace,
-TF

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join