It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens last episode "The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Mainstream archaeologists are either stupid or liars by keeping repeating that malnourished slaves using chisels, obsidian blades, stone-hammers, wooden cranes, bamboo scaffolding and liana ropes, built these things.

Just to make one comment...what makes you think 'malnourished slaves' factored into the equation? Exploration around the pyramid sites has revealed worker's quarters and much of the infrastructure required to maintain an immense workforce. So the only 'stupid' or 'lie' brought forward has been from ...um...y'all.

What makes me think it??? My teachers of high-school made me think it, because it was what they told me that happened.

Call me a poop if you will...but I think I'd check back with them, or maybe widen the scope of your inquiries a tad before embracing the ancient alien. High school is rarely the last word on any given subject.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

While I only enjoy it for entertainment purposes and feel it lacks any real facts, it does merit one's imagination and that's a healthy thing. I have the first 3 seasons on my hard drive and I collect the 4th season at current. I do not watch them until the season is over so I appreciate this thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
A question I had when they were doing the laser and saw cutting for comparisons, is have they examined the Puma stones under a microscope to see if there are any tool marks or striations at all. Secondly, would they be able to get any type of residue(molecular level) or anything significant from testing the material, say a half inch into the surface? Granted I realize thousands of years my not leave any "residue," but maybe deeper into the rock?
Wouldn't chiseling leave some type of mark?

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but Slayer did a nice thread on this site.

What did you guys think about the giant door with hinge theory? The dovetails?

Peace,
spec
edit on 17-3-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The title of this thread exposes the childish mentality of the ancient alien proponents. They have no interest in the truth. Their only interest is in being right.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Mainstream archaeologists are either stupid or liars by keeping repeating that malnourished slaves using chisels, obsidian blades, stone-hammers, wooden cranes, bamboo scaffolding and liana ropes, built these things.

Just to make one comment...what makes you think 'malnourished slaves' factored into the equation? Exploration around the pyramid sites has revealed worker's quarters and much of the infrastructure required to maintain an immense workforce. So the only 'stupid' or 'lie' brought forward has been from ...um...y'all.

What makes me think it??? My teachers of high-school made me think it, because it was what they told me that happened.

Call me a poop if you will...but I think I'd check back with them, or maybe widen the scope of your inquiries a tad before embracing the ancient alien. High school is rarely the last word on any given subject.

I know that high-school is rarely the last word of any subject. I was in college doing Sociology long time ago and the scholars said the same thing.

I'm not that good in statistics but I believe over 80% of mankind's educated people, were told the SAME thing or similar about the construction of Giza. The basic baloney is:

1. Liana ropes,
2. Wooden cranes,
3. Primitive tools (obsidian blades, stone hammers, chisels...)
4. Bamboo scaffolding,
5. Tree's trunks bearing rollers..

About the malnourished slaves or semi-nourished workers I think it doesn't make THAT difference, for making this shenanigans more credible...

edit on 3/17/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I cant take AA serious sometimes after watching south park.

edit on 17/3/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by randyvs

True enough. I'm not blind to the irony...

But I've actually seen the critter. There is little to no evidence of alien/advanced humanity had anything to do with the building of megalithic structures around the world. The evidence shows nothing more than could be accomplished by handtools utilized by craftsmen with training in their craft. Stonemasons. Carpenters. etc...

Occam's Razor comes into play here, I should think.

link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

If I have to give it a shot I would say that Puma Punku was built for logical transport of mining extracted material. The guy of the launching track theory got close, but I wouldn't say those were for aircrafts, but perhaps for containers, mining cars or something like that. Just an opinion.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

If these stones were chiseled, wouldn't that leave some type of detectable mark in the stones, microscopically perhaps?

That is the impression I was left with too, speculatively.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
What did you guys think about the giant door with hinge theory?

I thought the part about the hinges was a cool and interesting idea (if the carvings really are dovetailed). I don't see the blocks as merely decorative if they really have those dovetails, that implies a function, and if that function is to lift them and fit them together, that just makes them even more mysterious and intriguing. But then they had to go beyond absurdity when they brought out the launch ramp guy.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I never understood the "Haters" train of thought. They ream on the show yet cant help but watch the show? IMO they are projecting denial and having a hard time accepting that we were visited by an advanced race of beings be it ET, time travelers, Angelic whatever the case may be. If the denial is due to religion or some academic status quo for fellow consorts. These events are documented through religious text books and predating biblical times.

Sure many of the shows hosts are based around pseudoscience but the facts are self explanatory. Several civilizations interacted with these beings and a technology was displayed albeit battles in the skies and nuclear weapons detonated leaving physical proof. Mayan artifacts of "greys" and greys painted on the walls of caves in Australia. Where should i begin?
The writing is literally on the wall... of a cave

Psuedoskeptic takes on new new meaning because Psuedoskeptic has no answers just the "umm dont underestimate what men could do in dem days derp" followed up with the adhominem tactic "that guys crazy hair doo ruins his credibility" nothing to see here folks move along attitude. Aliens visiting us is not strange it is human behavior that is more then bizarre @ the critics we were visited get over yourselves.

And I am a critical thinker

me thinks they were our future descendants time traveling back to your ancestors, but what do I know

edit on 17-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I'm 110% sure that if the aboriginals from the 13,000 ft peak of the Andes, saw something like that landing in their mountains 3,000 years ago, they would interpret it as "how the stargods see the things through the eyes of their thunderbirds".

And that's a big part of the problem. Assigning the way you think to the way people in an entirely different culture thought. You have a cultural bias.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I've been trying to watch it, 3 times, and everytime i fall asleep within 30 minutes... some of the series is good tho

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

don't see the blocks as merely decorative if they really have those dovetails, that implies a function, and if that function is to lift them and fit them together, that just makes them even more mysterious and intriguing.

Indeed

Has dovetailing been found on giant rocks from any other archeological dig of ancient cultures?
Who is our resident archeologist btw, I know we have to have a few.

ETA: Answer my own question, yes dovetailing was used by ancient Egyptians. However it was used in wood, and I am still searching for it's use in stones and/or on a larger scale.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
Psuedoskeptic takes on new new meaning because Psuedoskeptic has no answers just the "umm dont underestimate what men could do in dem days derp" followed up with the adhominem tactic "that guys crazy hair doo ruins his credibility" nothing to see here folks move along attitude.

I think Giorgio Tsoukalos saying incorrect things like how The Stone of the Pregnant Woman is one of the largest monoliths ever moved hurts his credibility way more than his hair cut. It's one of the largest quarried monoliths, but it was never moved.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
The title of this thread exposes the childish mentality of the ancient alien proponents. They have no interest in the truth. Their only interest is in being right.

How can that be right when it's one persons thread title? You just take the thread creator and come to some conclusion that whatever he/she says it applies to everyone that believes in ancient aliens?

So if you believe in or think that ancient aliens could be a real scenario you have a childish mentality, no interest in the truth, and you're only interested in being right.

If you really believe that it seems like you don't have much interest in the truth either.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So aliens came here built something and flew away? some people are so gullable its stupid, you only build someware you intend to stay you dont build it think wlf and leave it what would be the whole point? its just as simple to say we had a civilisation and the world had some huge catastrophe and we rebuilt and thats just something left behind why does there always have to be a connection with aliens?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just got done watching the vid,since I missed it.
Absolutely fascinating!

And,no I haven't read the replies after that,which I can only imagine what was said.

They hit on some very good points,but,like most of AA,they seem to reach a little to far on some things.

But,to the meat of the story,those blocks of stone,carved they way that they were,I can believe that we,as humans could have done that without any help.
I remember a thread awhile back about some birds and a certain plant that when combined with the saliva of the bird,it could dissolve certain minerals contained in rock.

I found it,the plant that softens stone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have no idea how these things in SA were built,I'm getting tired of people who throw around lasers and diamond saws,we have lasers and diamond saws now and we don't build this type of thing
here's what I do know

they were destroyed at least 15,000 years ago(because of the feet of flood rubble they were dug out of)
there a clear evidences of some kind of high culture( many of the most ancient megalithic sites have seating areas and other formations carved in solid rock that must have been made to hold devices ?)
they were not built by the current population of people who live in this area (because those people say the ruins were there as far back as anyone knows)

it does no good to say AA came and made them as that still leaves us with the same questions who were they ?and why did they build this this way?

that someone made them should be obvious. saying that stone age farmers with flint tools did this is equally as stupid as saying aliens did it and then they left

who ever built this did it with ease they didn't so much leave as succumbed to a catastrophe,
that to is plain.

now if 'mainstream' archeologists would get rid of the Incas built everything 1500 years ago ,hackneyed clearly wrong , explanation for these things
maybe others would stop thinking they are either idiots or engaged in a coverup

FYI I'm not buying the launch pad theory for the H blocks or whole host of other things but I give them a A for thinking about what the hell they could be ,clearly not every building built before the Spanish conquest was a temple .

oh and one of these days we're going to have to have a discussion on what is and isn't a pyramid.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
"I don't understand it....Therefore it MUST be aliens!"
Somebody needs a class in "plausible" vs. "probable".
There is a very big difference.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join