It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens last episode "The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+119 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
One of the best episodes of all seasons, so far. The crew dedicated the entire episode to scrutinize the megalithic buildings of Puma Punku, in the highest area of Peruvian Andes. The most astonishing structures every registered in ancient civilizations, because is the only one that present visible and clear signs of hi-tech machinery crafting in giant blocks with hundreds of tons, assembled as legos.
A couple of professional and experts in machinery and hi-tech tools, did participate of this episode, reproducing scaled models of the stunning notorious "H" blocks in their workshops, to prove that only high advanced technology could have made the original ones and there's absolutely NO way of primitive natives, with chisels and stone-hammers have cut those blocks with laser precision. Giorgio Tsoukalos particularly debunked the mainstream scholars and BLASTED the shills, skeptics, haters and naysayers of the "Ancient Alien" theory, with a simple explanation: Puma Punku is placed in a point of the Andes so high that no trees ever grew in the area, so the official explanation of archeologists about the infamous "rolling bearing method" with trees trunks, for transporting those blocks, is baloney.
They also made new tests with actual RC replicas of the notorious aerial vehicles reproduced in gold models by the ancient Incas, that archeologists claim they are "stylized birds", and proved AGAIN they are fully functional AIRCRAFTS.
And they managed to make the connection of Puma Punku with the Sumerians and the Anunnaki, by using an artifact exposed in a Peruvian museum, which is a ceramic bowl with several Sumerian cuneiform glyphs carved all over its surface.

Great episode. Keeps you stuck in the chair until the last second.
edit on 3/17/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Just found the full episode on YT.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

AA is really a fantastic series; one of which can actually be taken seriously in my opinion. There appears to be a lot of evidence pointing to interaction between our ancestors and "people" from outside this planet. They give a more likely explanation as to the origin and possibly the architects of ancient "megalithic" structures than mainstream academia has so far. It has been my belief that a history of willful ignorance and general skewing of the facts has led to the hindering of our learning more about our true origins and destiny as a species. Granted, there are a lot of bogus claims out there, but in light of that we've got to be open minded as well as knowledgeable and wise in discerning fact from fiction. There are a lot of reputable sources out there and I believe AA is one of them. Good post Anunnaki (So were you the God of the Ancients? lol)

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
More evidence that they've run out of ideas and are now just regurgitating the stuff they've already covered ,a whole episode on Puma Punku

Oct 2, 2011

"The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

What has one got to do with the other , the show has gone on way too long ..... in the beginning it was great entertainment , now its just another blatant cash cow , now I'm not even sure the Ancient Alien presenters even believe half the stuff they say themselves anymore .

edit on 17-3-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by overclockedpc

I hope they keep this high level of quality until the end of the season.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Good episode.

Don't underestimate the power of the human mind and body though, it isn't IMPOSSIBLE that they built these structures simply because it would have been hard.

I agree with Gortex, most of the theories discussed in AA are just so unlikely. And then they point to rock carving or something for evidence...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Wow this has gotta make the debunkers crap their pants! I will love to see their attempts at debunking this one

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I agree with the Gortex, the show was great when it first started, but I think now it's time to call it a day and keep their credibility.

There's only so much that can be covered and connected to the ancient astronaut theory, with this series now i've noticed that they are either re-doing what has been done in previous episodes, or are making claims on just about anything.

You got to look at it logically, there isn't enough evidence out there to support 4 whole series of this show, at 44m an episode, they're going to run out of stuff to research and analyse for the show. As i watch it now, the evidence becomes either less and less credible, or I've heard it from a previous episode.

It's gotten to the point now where i wouldn't be surprised if they did an episode on the Titanic and make claims that UFO's had something to do with it sinking.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Nice documentary, but you know, I remember reading a link here on an article about the Parthenon, and basicaly one of the major reasons restoration work on the Parthenon is such a nightmare and time consuming process is because nobody has the skill/knowledge to carry out restoration work in the way it was built.

We dont know how they built it or what tools they used, the level of craftsmanship is far beyond anything we can produce today.

So I would then think, oh right, we have simply lost a lot of construction techniques, we used to know but because of advances in materials and design we have lost a lot of ancient knowledge on how it was built.

Never at any point does my mind point to aliens or an advanced race of super beings. Theres no evidence for it.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
Good episode.

Don't underestimate the power of the human mind and body though, it isn't IMPOSSIBLE that they built these structures simply because it would have been hard.

I agree with Gortex, most of the theories discussed in AA are just so unlikely. And then they point to rock carving or something for evidence...

The problem I have with the show is they do not offer anything BUT the alien connection...hense the name of the show. It is like the Finding Big Foot show...every noise in the woods the hear with their parabolic antenna is a "Quatch".

There is a great thread in ATS about Punku and how it all could be done without aliens, but that show just jumps right into that connection everytime on everyshow.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab

So I would then think, oh right, we have simply lost a lot of construction techniques, we used to know but because of advances in materials and design we have lost a lot of ancient knowledge on how it was built.

This is so true to the point. How many in the world know how to do things that were common 100 years ago, and we even saw this with Apollo rockets in more recent times. When we started to look at going back to the moon Nasa went to the rocket museums to rebuild diagrams of all the parts of the old Apollo rockets. The old diagrams were lost or destroyed in some way, and so they needed to get all that "ancient
" technology back.

Now think about ancient cutting techniques and cement technique of thousands of years ago..... Those techniques were most likely lost and rediscovered over and over throughout history...hehe

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Next week on AA - The connection between UFOs and Bigfoot. It's getting a little silly now!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Oh God, you always have an answer to EVERYTHING?

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Doesn't sound like you actually watched this episode. Yes they talked about the site before, this episode however brings a lot of new things to the table and if that means putting out a new episode about it then so be it. We aren't paying for this so I don't see it being a problem.

The connection between that area and Sumeria wasn't mentioned before, nor were all the theories of the H blocks, as well as the site's demise which actually reminded me of Sodom and Gomorrah - another area that seems to have been nuked or blown up from a source above land.

The part about giants reminds me of the nephilim mentioned in the Book of Enoch, and parts of the area being encased in mud seems to connect to all the flood stories shared across many ancient cultures.

It's interesting to say the least. I enjoyed this episode - not merely as a source of entertainment but as something that is attempting to connect dots. Is that really a problem?

Keep an open mind, people.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
reply to post by gortex

Keep an open mind, people.

But not so open that your brain falls out.

How about you do some research for yourself beyond what charlatans like Tsoukalos and van Daniken do for you. Just because somebody who's famous for his goofy hairdo tells you its impossible for something to have been done by human hands doesn't make it so.

It's hilarious to me that people really, genuinely believe this crap. It's like I'm watching some strange new religion form.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Nice documentary, but you know, I remember reading a link here on an article about the Parthenon, and basically one of the major reasons restoration work on the Parthenon is such a nightmare and time consuming process is because nobody has the skill/knowledge to carry out restoration work in the way it was built.

Seriously? We know exactly how the Parthenon was built, the tools used and everything. Heck, we even have the instruction manual, lol. Just because you don't know something doesn't mean that anyone with even a passing interest in ancient culture doesn't know it too.

We dont know how they built it or what tools they used, the level of craftsmanship is far beyond anything we can produce today.

Are you still referring to the Parthenon, the one in Greece? Because they do know how it was built. Heck, go there and any tour guide can tell you, even show you models of the large wooden "machines" they used to make the columns (which was done segment by segment, they are not solid one piece columns). If you can go visit it, I guess google will have to suffice, but if you ever get the chance go visit it for sure.....Greece is beautiful (well it was until the dependent class started ruining the country but that's another story)

All ancient ruins were built by men, hundreds of men, thousands of men. Men were expendable, and cheap. Just like ants, get enough of them, and ants will eventually be able to move your house to a new address. People forget, and have no context because they live in a modern world now, where they can't even imagine a man actually doing something amazing. I mean, I bet most around here don't know or ever heard a busy tone over the phone, or remember that little white dot that stayed in the center of your tv screen for like an hour after you turned it off. And those that came before don't remember what it was like to step over horse poop in the streets, and those before them don't remember when there was....you get the idea.

However, reality is not exciting enough for some, for others it is too complicated to understand, so they subscribe to harebrained theories out of either ignorance, or even worse, willful ignorance.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

If you mean devastated as in "devastated because they were laughing so hard" then sure, they were devastated by a show full of lies, half-truths and misinformation. Of course, no need to go into detail about what mainstream archaeology has to say about Puma Punku, the show did the thinking for you in that regard, told you (lied) about what mainstream archaeology thinks and knows.

What is up with the worst-offenders among the believers using the word "shill" lately to describe critics and skeptics? Did someone hand out a memo to them with talking points?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by overclockedpc

AA is really a fantastic series; one of which can actually be taken seriously in my opinion.

Truth be told, I actually like watching the show just because it is entertaining and interesting to see these places and imagine that some of these things might possibly be true.

I do however have serious doubts about the scientific value of the show and the validity of some of the conclusions and inferences they draw - they seem extremely questionable, and many of the 'featured' speakers and researchers seem to simply be looking for evidence to back up their conclusions rather than looking first to the evidence and then drawing conclusions.

Fun to watch, but of questionable scientific merit.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Great episode. Keeps you stuck in the chair until the last second.

I absolutely agree with this.

The absolute one show I've waited for and knew they would get around too. I've watched it three times already and it's running again as I write this.

The devastation that came to Puma Punku is at least as interesting as who was responsible for building it.
I love how they couldn't get around mentioning the flood. As I beliveve this site and Gobekli Tepe were built before the flood came about. The only reason Puma Punku wasn't completely buried in the manner that Gobekli Tepe was ? The altitude. Puma Punku was built out of fear in my mind. I can fit this together with the Biblical record perfectly. The place was built for fear of what was known to be coming and yet was hardly a match.

Awesome show.
I can't say enough.

Gortex is simply afraid of what it says about the flood.

edit on 17-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Of course, no need to go into detail about what mainstream archaeology has to say about Puma Punku, the show did the thinking for you in that regard, told you (lied) about what mainstream archaeology thinks and knows.

So, you believe everything mainstream archaeology says?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join