It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Treats from China Killing US Dogs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The conspiracy here is that China is trying to poison not just the USA, but the whole world.
According to ABC News web site, 03/ 16/2012,
abcnews.go.com...

the Food and Drug Administration has fielded over 530 complaints from pet owners claiming their dogs suffered illness or death after eating jerky treats made in China.
One heart breaking story comes from Kevin and Candace Thaxton. They lost their Pug, Chansey, and a Pekingese puppy, from the Chinese dog treats. Both died from extreme pain and kidney failure.. From ABC News,” When Candace Thaxton stumbled on a Food and Drug Administration warning that there'd been an increase in complaints about chicken jerky dog treats made in China, she says she knew immediately what had happened to her beloved dogs. "I grabbed the bag of treats and turned it over," Candace said. "At first I saw it said 'Manufactured in South Carolina' so I thought I was safe. Then I looked harder and it said 'Made in China' and I just said 'Oh no.' "

Dog food, dog treats, tooth paste, baby food, toys, milk (www.cnn.com... ) honey (healthland.time.com...), fish … The list keeps growing, and people and their pets are dieing.
This partial list is provided from NPR www.npr.org...
The Washington Post provides it’s story here,
www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 17/3/12 by masqua because: added ex tags for external content

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread

I have 5 dogs I'll have to see what treats they have

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
As a dog owner I was unaware of these claims. As a human that likes to eat, I was also unaware of the claims being made about consumer goods that I use. Will definately have to keep an eye out for the things I'm putting into my body. Looks like it's time to be a vegan and to start fully supporting the local farmers market! Ok, that's going a little far...but this thread definately gets the brain thinking.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I don't think it's intentional. I think it's a lack of oversight. No company wants to be in this sort of spotlight. I'm sure they don't give a rats behind about product safety, but at the same time they have to. It's hard to sell a dog treat that's suspected of being poison to a dog lover.

I just adopted a dog a month ago. He is very spoiled. I guess it's time to start making my own treats and food. He already is exhausting, but totally worth it. I am increasingly worried about feeding my boy bad food/treats.

I wish you all could see this. There is a very handsome boy (border collie) spooning my legs while I type. He is totally not allowed on the couch, but for some reason he is on the couch. I've got the laptop on the ottoman pulled up so I can type, and every time I try to move a very sleepy dog says, 'Mrrgrrrawwwarrrrgghhhhh'.

Pardon the proud daddy tangent.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Thanks for the thread

I have 5 dogs I'll have to see what treats they have

I hope that they will be OK.
An old dog trainer that I knew would boil hamburger or cheap meat products 2 times and them serve them to his dogs. He also used Purina dry dog chow. I have followed his "rule" for over 20 years and have had healthy pets since.
A side note: my x got my Doberman. Last year he died from kidney failure. She began buying doggy treats and feeding these, instead of the double boil rule. I now have to wonder if she fed him this chinese poison.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I don't think it's intentional. I think it's a lack of oversight.

I think the chinese would have corrected this oversight with it's counterfeit Fram filters, and DVD, 10 years ago.
The Creast tooth paste poisoning was, what 3 or 4 years ago now?
China has had plenty of time to correct this if they wanted too.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I know there has been some problems with the Hartz products. I put that on my dog one night, and he was acting like he was on fire. I think we stayed up all night and I had to keep him outside and walk up and down the street with him to keep him happy. Weather was cool that night. He did not want to come in.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The trust factor with their products especially when it comes to chicken , OH MY GOD , is that really chicken ? Their track record is way less than acceptable .

How hard is it to make your own dog treats , not very I suspect . Get a food dehydrator and your off to the races right ? If you want to have the dehydrator made in America good luck with that .
edit on 17-3-2012 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

, she says she knew immediately what had happened to her beloved dogs. "I grabbed the bag of treats and turned it over," Candace said. "At first I saw it said 'Manufactured in South Carolina' so I thought I was safe. Then I looked harder and it said 'Made in China' and I just said 'Oh no.' "

thats just stupids. When she thought the treats were made in the US it was not the fault of the treats. When she found they were made in China it was there faults... Flawed thinking..

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

, she says she knew immediately what had happened to her beloved dogs. "I grabbed the bag of treats and turned it over," Candace said. "At first I saw it said 'Manufactured in South Carolina' so I thought I was safe. Then I looked harder and it said 'Made in China' and I just said 'Oh no.' "

thats just stupids. When she thought the treats were made in the US it was not the fault of the treats. When she found they were made in China it was there faults... Flawed thinking..

That's just stupids

And her thinking is flawed.

American Sheeple are waking up to the tainted Chi-Comm products. And when she discovered it was from china, she exclaimed," Oh No!"

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

How is it flawed? China has a history of toxic dog food. China also doesn't have as much safety regulations

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I'm fairly sure I know which product this person is claiming is the culprit for her dog's problems.

This is the largest chicken jerky dog snack supplier to the United States of America, which in fine print states it is made in China:

Fido, the resident canine who resides at my house, has been eating 3 or 4 bags of these a month for about 5 years now. He's pretty damn healthy, and doing fine. He goes to the vet at least twice a year, with no problems so far.

After a little research I found this story:
www.askavetquestion.com...

Chicken Jerky from China may be causing Fanconi syndrome in dogs

Added October 25, 2011: Even though this story was first published in June of 2011, we are still getting reports coming in of dogs getting sick and the culprit is suspected to be chicken jerky treats manufactured in China. Read through the comments section at the end to get more interesting discussion on this problem.

Added November 4, 2011: I have just filed a report with the FDA and alerted them to read the comments on this blog. I would urge any of you who have a dog who you suspect is ill because of eating tainted chicken jerky to have your vet file a pet food safety report with the FDA.

Added November 18, 2011: The FDA has paid attention! Today they announced a caution against chicken jerkey. You can read it here. There is no official recall yet, but stay tuned. And please leave a comment if you think your pet has gotten sick after eating chicken jerky treats.

Added December 29, 2011: MSNBC is reporting that the FDA has now announced that they are investigating 353 reports of dogs getting sick after eating chicken jerky. The FDA is working hard to determine the reason, but so far has not figured out what the culprit is! Because there is no specific product that can be blamed, the FDA has not issued a recall.
www.askavetquestion.com...

edit on 18-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Every product coming from china is either 1) TOXIC 2) DANGEROUS 3) LOW-QUALITY JUNK

The small savings is NOT worth the health risks, frustration, and... OUR JOBS being shipped overseas.

We are only hurting ourselves from buying their products instead of OUR OWN. We may save a few pennies now, but pay BIG-TIME in the end...
edit on 18-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I don't think it's intentional. I think it's a lack of oversight.

Not so sure of that...

...something IS going on here...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The tainted Walmart baby-formula was
an u.s. based company

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I know one fu@*ing thing, the FDA is hearing from me. I have a very old dog that is recovering from liver failure, he was doing really good for awhile. I saw the poison treats and they only had 4 natural (ha) ingredients, and I thought, "how can they mess these up?". I needed something to use for his pills cuz he can't have red meat, and gets sick of chicken, fish and turkey, I know, spoiled.
Son of a B**ch, I know why he's been worse...
These bleeping, bleeping treats are what we have, the only difference is that ours are the "chicken steaks" and the "yam good" Same damn chicken wrapped in them though as the jerky.. The problem is in the chicken. So don't get those either guys.
Thank God I have him on medicine to protect his liver and kidneys or he'd be dead. Hopefully he can recover, please pray for him guys, his name is " T " and I love him sooooooooooooooo much.
I am boycotting all china products!!!'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are trying to kill us all!!!!
Going to go cry now and hug my doggie.

Thank you OP, you may have just saved my dogs life. Bless you.
edit on 18-3-2012 by sickofitall2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

thnk god for ATS

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

How is it flawed? China has a history of toxic dog food. China also doesn't have as much safety regulations

How can you not understand that this thinking is flawed.

"At first I saw it said 'Manufactured in South Carolina' so I thought I was safe. Then I looked harder and it said 'Made in China' and I just said 'Oh no.'

It is subjectitve thinking. When she thought it was made in the us she had np with them, when she found they were made in china she did.....

There is no logic or science in that... You have no evidence to back your thinking up either. It is just based on predujice,,,,

edit on 18-3-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I don 't get treats for my cats if the label says 'Made in China', I would feel much better if it said made in Canada or USA.
But I guess that is flawed thinking.

What about those colorful dollar store mice, the ones with the real fur on them? Are they toys for cats made from cats?
I don't trust some things from China.
It's flawed thinking is it ,knowing their track record on pet products and kids toys?
No, we should be cautious.

Would you eat cheap meat shipped in from China?
My first questions would be "what was this", "how was is killed", "how was it raised"?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Maybe because in the recent times there have been many TOXIC products coming from China. China does not have the regulations that the USA has. It is logical because of probability.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join