It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Treats from China Killing US Dogs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

It is logical because of probability.

what the hell does that mean.. The probability of this conversation is close to zero.. Yet here we are having a conversation. Where does that leave your definition of logic.. Pray tell me..>!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
China manufacture about everything that US consumer wants for cheap, so they are bound to in order to keep the cheap crap making they make more crappy stuff and that include processed foods.

But that is what Americans wants cheap crappy things and buy them by the bulk.

edit on 18-3-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I've been following this since the Ol'Rroy brand dogfood killed dogs, Ol'Roy is a Wal-Mart brand made in china. I recommend boycotting Ol'Roy, China, and any pet foot that is Wal-Mart brand if you want your pets to not eat rat poison, that is what was found in the bad Ol'Roy batch back in 2008 I believe it was. How does a dogfood company accidentally mix rat poison in dogfood?

1. It's a combination dogfood slash rat poison factory

2. It's a factory so rampant with rats everywhere, that some accidentally fell into the batch

Either way, there need to be inspectors thoroughly inspecting these Chinese factories, we can boycott, but those who can't afford to boycott will end up with dead pets.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
I don 't get treats for my cats if the label says 'Made in China', I would feel much better if it said made in Canada or USA.
But I guess that is flawed thinking.

What about those colorful dollar store mice, the ones with the real fur on them? Are they toys for cats made from cats?
I don't trust some things from China.
It's flawed thinking is it ,knowing their track record on pet products and kids toys?
No, we should be cautious.

Would you eat cheap meat shipped in from China?
My first questions would be "what was this", "how was is killed", "how was it raised"?

Thank you for bring up the toy mice with fur. Who knows where it comes from.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

You have no common sense?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Good post V... F n S from me... I thought about it when I saw this earlier this week, but figured it was already up.

This as a fact (see your sources and hundreds of others) is nothing new and if you have followed the reality of products coming from China as I have for the past few years, this is nothing unusual.

Better yet, my pharmacist week before last (a friend) showed me the paperwork from the FDA confirming the ban on imports or distribution of any pharmaceutical, natural or herbal drugs from China immediately.

REASON: unsanitary conditions, inconsistent and more importantly dangerous quality of products, and lack of quality control.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Americans are all about saving money, that's why most products are made in China. The Chinese can make it cheaper, while the American unemployment continues to increase. If people stop buying made in China products, and support American made products, then we wouldn't have this problem. Our government needs to start taxing Made in China products, to raise the prices, and to cut out the Chinese competition. Spend the extra buck, and buy American.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ambient moon

Spot on Ambient.... as so, so true... well said...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Easy dog treat recipe (mine love it). Use a tub of chicken livers, puree in blender, add flour until you have a cookie dough consistency, add a little salt and a little garlic.

Drop on a cookie sheet and bake until done. They will need to be refrigerated or they will mildew.

Mine get so excited when I make them that they get my fingertips in the process of getting the treat.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I dont want some subjective old dears opinion.. I want some science... Science is not common sense it is uncommon sense...

My dog ate a Chinese chew and is now dead does not cut any mustard with me. If there is evidence present it.. Put up or shut up....

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I dont want some subjective old dears opinion.. I want some science... Science is not common sense it is uncommon sense...

My dog ate a Chinese chew and is now dead does not cut any mustard with me. If there is evidence present it.. Put up or shut up....

You seem so ardent in your disbelief. Why don't you just google it?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
There is absolutely no question as to the validity of dangerous products made in China... and IF anyone is interested simple research at the FDA website alone has more than 10 pages of issues with products manufactured in China. Read and see the information, unsanitary conditions, poor or no quality control, chemicals/fillers used in products from dog food to pharmaceuticals which are not only proven dangerous, but deadly to humans and animals alike .
This doesn't count the other defective crap manufactured by slave labor in inhuman conditions.

You don't have to search the net much, simply go to:

www.fda.gov...

It is apparent if we continue to import many of the products manufactured in China that we knowlingly put our lives at stake and the real stupidity here was allowing greed to export our manufacturing jobs over seas.

... with seafood and spices among the most imported food items. ... the contents
of FDA-regulated products and easy ... Back to Global Product Pathway. ...
www.fda.gov/.../OfficeofGlobalRegulatoryOperationsandPolicy/GlobalProductPathway/ucm259754.htm - 16k - 2011-06-20 - Cached

Toothpaste Imported From China May Contain Diethylene ...

... initiated a nationwide recall of toothpaste made in China. ... who have one of
the recalled products should stop using the product, return the ...
www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm153155.htm - 10k - 2009-05-20 - Cached

[PDF] Transcript of FDA Press Conference on the Pet Food Recall ...

... the question has this made it to the human food chain? ... product, actually
used that product and whether or not those products are ...
www.fda.gov/downloads/NewsEvents/Newsroom/MediaTran.UCM123626.pdf - Text Version

... to determine if any pet food products has been made. ... results of their finished
products within a day ... their rights to have the product tested themselves ...
www.fda.gov/downloads/NewsEvents/Newsroom/MediaTran.UCM123622.pdf - Text Version
[ More results from www.fda.gov/downloads/NewsEvents/Newsroom ]

Report to Congress on the FDA Foreign Offices

... During this workshop, MENA staff made new contacts ... foods, and anti-
counterfeiting and product integrity ... to exporting FDA-regulated products to ...
www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/FSMA/ucm291803.htm - 26k - 2012-02-24 - Cached

Medical & Radiation Emitting Device Recalls

... Code Information, catalog #74151-050, all product labeled ''Made in China''. ...
Cardinal Health initiated a sub-recall of the products by letter ...
www.accessdata.fda.gov/.cdrh/cfdocs/cfRes/resCollection_2.cfm?ID=34679&CREATE_DT=2004-09-01 - 8k - Cached

February 6, 2008: Chinese, American Business Owners ...

... in China and imports those items into the ... the wheat gluten with an inaccurate
product code, using a code that is reserved for products that are ...
www.fda.gov/ICECI/CriminalInvestigations/ucm260247.htm - 14k - 2011-06-21 - Cached

Protein Surveillance Assignment (PSA) Summary Report

... Product, Infant formula pre-mix bulk product. ... The assignments involved imported
products from various ... 200 inspections were made throughout the ...
www.fda.gov/Food/FoodDefense/FoodDefensePrograms/ucm081155.htm - 13k - 2009-02-12 - Cached

Melamine Pet Food Recall - Frequently Asked Questions

... It occurs when these items are not cleaned ... link illness or death with a specific
product. ... and preventing additional contaminated products from being ...
www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/RecallsWithdrawals/ucm129932.htm - 20k - 2009-04-06 - Cached

After Heparin: Ensuring the Safety of the US Drug Supply

... authorities, but FDA has not made enough progress in ... quality of food and
medical products for our ... borders are less relevant to product safety than ...
www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Speeches/ucm248614.htm - 18k - 2011-04-08 - Cached

Result Page

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You seem so ardent in your disbelief. Why don't you just google it?

I googled it and i am not saying it is incorrect. It is dog owners saying the treats are killing the dogs. Until a lab tests the product and finds out if its contaminated it is just here say. For all you know the dogs could be dying from numerous things. It could just be a case of hysteria...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
There is absolutely no question as to the validity of dangerous products made in China... and IF anyone is interested simple research at the FDA website alone has more than 10 pages of issues with products manufactured in China. Read and see the information, unsanitary conditions, poor or no quality control, chemicals/fillers used in products from dog food to pharmaceuticals which are not only proven dangerous, but deadly to humans and animals alike .
This doesn't count the other defective crap manufactured by slave labor in inhuman conditions.

You don't have to search the net much, simply go to:

www.fda.gov...

It is apparent if we continue to import many of the products manufactured in China that we knowlingly put our lives at stake and the real stupidity here was allowing greed to export our manufacturing jobs over seas.

... with seafood and spices among the most imported food items. ... the contents
of FDA-regulated products and easy ... Back to Global Product Pathway. ...
www.fda.gov/.../OfficeofGlobalRegulatoryOperationsandPolicy/GlobalProductPathway/ucm259754.htm - 16k - 2011-06-20 - Cached

Toothpaste Imported From China May Contain Diethylene ...

... initiated a nationwide recall of toothpaste made in China. ... who have one of
the recalled products should stop using the product, return the ...
www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm153155.htm - 10k - 2009-05-20 - Cached

... the question has this made it to the human food chain? ... product, actually
used that product and whether or not those products are ...
www.fda.gov/downloads/NewsEvents/Newsroom/MediaTran.UCM123626.pdf - Text Version

... to determine if any pet food products has been made. ... results of their finished
products within a day ... their rights to have the product tested themselves ...
www.fda.gov/downloads/NewsEvents/Newsroom/MediaTran.UCM123622.pdf - Text Version
[ More results from www.fda.gov/downloads/NewsEvents/Newsroom ]

Report to Congress on the FDA Foreign Offices

... During this workshop, MENA staff made new contacts ... foods, and anti-
counterfeiting and product integrity ... to exporting FDA-regulated products to ...
www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/FSMA/ucm291803.htm - 26k - 2012-02-24 - Cached

Medical & Radiation Emitting Device Recalls

... Code Information, catalog #74151-050, all product labeled ''Made in China''. ...
Cardinal Health initiated a sub-recall of the products by letter ...
www.accessdata.fda.gov/.cdrh/cfdocs/cfRes/resCollection_2.cfm?ID=34679&CREATE_DT=2004-09-01 - 8k - Cached

February 6, 2008: Chinese, American Business Owners ...

... in China and imports those items into the ... the wheat gluten with an inaccurate
product code, using a code that is reserved for products that are ...
www.fda.gov/ICECI/CriminalInvestigations/ucm260247.htm - 14k - 2011-06-21 - Cached

Protein Surveillance Assignment (PSA) Summary Report

... Product, Infant formula pre-mix bulk product. ... The assignments involved imported
products from various ... 200 inspections were made throughout the ...
www.fda.gov/Food/FoodDefense/FoodDefensePrograms/ucm081155.htm - 13k - 2009-02-12 - Cached

Melamine Pet Food Recall - Frequently Asked Questions

... It occurs when these items are not cleaned ... link illness or death with a specific
product. ... and preventing additional contaminated products from being ...
www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/RecallsWithdrawals/ucm129932.htm - 20k - 2009-04-06 - Cached

After Heparin: Ensuring the Safety of the US Drug Supply

... authorities, but FDA has not made enough progress in ... quality of food and
medical products for our ... borders are less relevant to product safety than ...
www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Speeches/ucm248614.htm - 18k - 2011-04-08 - Cached

Result Page

Excellent and job well done!

I gave you a star

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You're more than welcome Violater... the truth is the truth and this is fact, per the FDA.

Unfortunately, due to personal circumstances I had became rather complacent in my continuing research regarding the poor and dangerous quality of certain imports from China.

Fortunatley, my friend and pharmacist gave me a wake up call and brought to my attention the recent US ban and warnings to China, regarding more than just dirty floors in the manufacturing process of pharmaceuticals destined for the US.

What I can see to date, not only the values of the APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients), but the quality of the ingredients themselves failed to meet FDA standards. I will again put this on my research list daily and post updates as I find them.

This story regarding ingredients and products in pet foods is not new, and is not some old ladies imagination. Clearly there is adequate suspicion to China's complicity in this, or the FDA and dozens of other labs would not be wasting time and money on this investigation.

As the old saying goes, where there is smoke, there is fire.

Now having said this, I would agree that virtually every company which manufactures a product has at one time or another, an issue.

The problem with products made in China is simple, their record of meeting FDA rules and regulations continues to worsen, and if you read all the warnings, many are due to Chinese manufacturing facilities total disregard of previous warnings.

This is in 'no way' a first time slap on the wrist to China, this has become a problem across the board and relates to an increased probable potential for death, whether pet of person, not to mention consumer dissatisfaction in regular products, and the inhuman treatment of employees in China.

This brings up a question to which I have yet to find the answers, who in America is investing in these off shore operations to fulfill their greed and why isn't this being stopped at the source?
edit on 18-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I would suggest researching how to prepare your own animal feed in your kitchen. If I won't eat it, then I don't see any reason to feed it to my dogs. Especially when it comes to food from China. Don't get me wrong, I love China, but I'm not about to trust the quality of what we get from them.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
Easy dog treat recipe (mine love it). Use a tub of chicken livers, puree in blender, add flour until you have a cookie dough consistency, add a little salt and a little garlic.

Drop on a cookie sheet and bake until done. They will need to be refrigerated or they will mildew.

Mine get so excited when I make them that they get my fingertips in the process of getting the treat.

Thanks for sharing that, I'm going to do that.
One suggestion though, I recommend using King's UNBLEACHED flour, made in the USA. I try not to buy any products made of bleached flour, and I make our own bread and rolls.
Read up on the truth about bleached flour, you won't believe it.
edit on 18-3-2012 by sickofitall2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I guess you live under a box?

Toxic baby food that killed babies
Toxic Dog food that killed dogs
Toxic lead paint on children's toys

www.usatoday.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The USDA researched the most common causes of FDA refusal of imported goods from China. The most common problems cited by FDA - "filth, unsafe additives, inadequate labeling, and lack of proper manufacturer registrations" as well as "potentially harmful veterinary drug residues in farm-raised fish and shrimp".

www.msnbc.msn.com...

edit on 19-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I just went through an episode of trying to console my nearly inconsolable mom, because her favorite dog died very recently of kidney failure. He went fast, too. Unfortunately, she had him cremated. Otherwise, I'd like to see if an autopsy could have implicated this Chinese poison. There was a recent thread here on ATS about China putting their hair in our factory bread. Which already contains unnatural hazardous stuff.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Be careful Americans, this is the end game, they're actually going after your dogs
The Japanese want your whales and dolphins, the Chinese want your pets...

edit on 19-3-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join