It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a one world government, whether you like it or not.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antizombies

Oh you don't understand.. people like the OP like to pretend they are humane.. in reality, assuming the wealthy wouldn't take over this new system (ahem.. which they would) the OP would likely support killing the wealthy. Can't be rich if you're dead! Just as he has shown contempt for my fraternity out of nowhere and for no reason.. I see through people like this.. I know where it would head.. people like Stalin, Hitler, Mao.. they all said the same thing "we need change" .. "it's for the better.."

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I would not support killing anyone, I don't know where you got that from.

What I would support is redistributing the wealth that billionaires have amassed. No one on earth needs billions of dollars to live comfortably.

Most billionaires use their money to push through political agendas that only benefit them.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
dam, i just starred Rockpuck and Flyers Fan on the same thread

that settles it!

like i was just saying on beezzer's zombie thread
as Kissbootsinger said ( i paraphrase) nothing brings people together like a common enemy
ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT IS WRONG!
edit on 17-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Who gets to make the rules in this fantasy Utopia of yours? What I think are right and wrong may be completely backward to someone in Uganda. Cultural differences are a HUGE hurdle, because of local laws and practices that are OK one place, but egregious offenses elsewhere. Should we all allow our daughters to marry at 13? Are you willing to be imprisoned for chewing gum? Hungry during Ramadan? Don't you dare eat during daylight!

These are only a fraction of a fraction of why globalism won't work. Whether you want it to or not.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by antizombies

Oh you don't understand.. people like the OP like to pretend they are humane.. in reality, assuming the wealthy wouldn't take over this new system (ahem.. which they would) the OP would likely support killing the wealthy. Can't be rich if you're dead! Just as he has shown contempt for my fraternity out of nowhere and for no reason.. I see through people like this.. I know where it would head.. people like Stalin, Hitler, Mao.. they all said the same thing "we need change" .. "it's for the better.."

Isn't it frightening how history does seem to repeat itself and many people in their ignorance want yet again to FORCE everyone in this world to accept THEIR views?...

This reminds me of a few quotes which are directly related with this thread.

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt

"Find out just what any people will quitely submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." -Frederick Douglass.

edit on 17-3-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

The world would support a One World Government.

The only people that do not support a one world government are people who think inequality and suffering are necessary for things to work and are happy with the current state of things.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

One world government? It hasnt worked so far lol

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I want so much to believe in One Planet - One People. But, I just can't. To imagine one goverment providing the needs, protection, and services to a whole world of people is simply unfathomable.

What is a government?
Government is a gathering of ambitious, greedy, and lustful politicians. And only the ambitious, greedy and lustful politicians will be successful because all the other ambitious, greedy and lustful politicians will ensure that any decent candidate will be killed off before ever being voted into office.

Government is for government's sake.
The military is for military's sake.
And We the People will be crushed like bugs.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

The world doesn't exist. This idea of abstracting mathematical conveniences into real objects with consciousness and volition is where the problem starts.

Your problem isn't humanitarianism, it's your reasoning as a human.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Wow so YOU know what EVERYONE in the world wants?... REALLY?...

Originally posted by muse7The only people that do not support a one world government are people who think inequality and suffering are necessary for things to work and are happy with the current state of things.

You ASSUME too much... First of all, those of us who favor INDIVIDUALISM, and FREEDOM do have a heart and feel sympathy for others, but we do know that giving up our FREEDOMS will not help anyone except those in charge, and giving out our FREEDOMS and INDIVIDUALITY would not feed the starving children of the world, or solve every problem in the world...

Only the VERY naive, and the most ignorant people believe that giving out our FREEDOMS and INDIVIDUALITY will stop all suffering in the world...

That's without talking about the GOD complex of people who think they know what EVERYONE, or the MAJORITY of the people in the world think, or want...

edit on 17-3-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

link   
Let them try.

link   
here is why its not a good idea to have a one world government

" I hope they've got my sense of optimism about the possible, and enthusiasm about the job. I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't agree with each other, but that's okay. If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier... [Bush laughs out loud, audience laughs out loud] ...just so long as I'm the dictator [more laughter]. "
The last sentence is also included in Fahrenheit 9/11.

en.wikiquote.org...

Just recently Barack Obama was sworn in as Head of the U. N. Security Council. The security council has the only real voting power in the UN. At the inauguration Obama was addressed as "President of the World".

This office violates the US. Constitution Article 1. Section 9. In which a President cannot hold dual office and still maintain the Presidency of the United States of America.

wiki.answers.com...

Panetta: 'International Permission' Trumps Congressional Permission For Military Actions

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-3-2012 by Danbones because: fixed quote

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
All these posts attacking the idea of one world government yet offering no ideas and possible solutions of their own to the problems facing humanity....Well, folks if your not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Oh well, doesn't really matter anyway, you can't fix stupid and individuals may not be stupid, but humanity as a whole is and selfish as well.

The only regret I have is that there really isn't an asteroid, comet or planet x hurtling towards earth like the angry fist of some vengeful god...the earth actually needs a little cleansing, get rid of the most ignorant and selfish race that has ever graced it's surface. Then, the insects might rise and grow more intelligent and actually work together and maybe even go to space and colonize their solar system, after all most insects already have a hive mind organization, so the idiocy of fighting and bickering endlessly with each other won't be a problem. Yeah let the human race go the way of the dinosaurs.....we are all already engrained and infected with dinosaur thinking. Yep, better to sit on this one planet and fight with each other over ever diminishing resources, until a comet comes and smacks our planet into another ice age, instead of actually figuring out how to unite together, work together for the good of all and get the hell off our planet. So sad, the whole human race is like a greek tragedy; a joke of the gods.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Your idea of reality is the real illusion here because it's the one they set up for you. Your kind of thinking and ideas are some examples of what's holding the human race back.

I'd love it if everyone thought like you, I really would, and I espouse the ideals that you would like to see become reality, whether you believe me or not. But there's what you WISH for, and there's what you HAVE. I suggest you deal with what we have right now.

OK,, now we are getting somewhere,,, I would like to hear how you 'espouse the ideals'.
I believe that even though here on these forums, we may misunderstand each other,, I also believe in hearing one out,, so again I request you elaborate on this because we seem to be at odds, but I strangely feel that in reality we think more alike than you might suggest.
NO GOVERNMENT is the Ideal in my mind. And I too am a staunch Individualist.
But I also believe that quote I have as my signature.
BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD,,,
so in that mood,,, I believe our similarities are more than our differences.. Our Semantics mess us ALL up MOST of the time.

You'd be getting somewhere if you quoted the WHOLE post rather than cherry pick the parts you like.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by prisoneronashipoffools
All these posts attacking the idea of one world government yet offering no ideas and possible solutions of their own to the problems facing humanity....Well, folks if your not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

A solution to what?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The only way a one-world government could work is if we rid ourselves of organized religion. Of course, we would have to prove to people that their religions were fallacies or we would have to kill anyone who couldn’t conform their beliefs and learn to play ball. The former would be the best solution, I think that is where the “God Particle” comes in, and the work they’re doing at the LHC compound in Switzerland. With this knowledge, they’ll once and for all be able to dismiss the old world religions, though there will still be many who will call this new information “evil” as it challenges their beliefs, and there will still be many deaths during this transition, but the casualty rate will definitely be far less… shocking.

Religion will still exist. I have no illusions, but it will be much more subtle, confined to the walls of homes and places of worship (like it was originally intended), and its influence on the world will be greatly reduced. This will slightly alter world culture, but the foundations of culture, the parts that really matter, should survive intact.

With the rise of a one-world government, there will be many changes; the world monetary system will have to be linked and balanced accordingly. The upside of this will mean that businesses will no longer be able to outsource for cheaper workers, as a worldwide wage will reduce the chance of slave labor, meaning more jobs to go around locally.

With the outing of the influence of religion on both science and politics, mankind will begin to make large progressive strides towards human and technological advancement, affording us the chance to finally venture out beyond the prison of our orbit, as well as developing new and efficient medicines, which save lives rather than treat illnesses.

Don’t get me wrong, it will not all be pros. There will be plenty of cons and the continuity of the status quo will remain in many areas. For instance, just because we’re all linked as one mega-nation, it doesn’t mean you’ll be bypassing customs at the airport. That system is still necessary to keep people from bringing outer region plants, animals, and insects into environments that they don’t belong, and have the potential to destroy. There will still be a wealthy class, however, the idea of the rich living in one area, while hiding their money in another to avoid taxes will be gone, which should help level the playing field a bit.

New World Order or not, we’re in for a bumpy ride. The transition will be rough, but one thing is for certain…

The system we have now, sure as hell isn’t working.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

All these posts attacking the idea of one world government yet offering no ideas and possible solutions of their own to the problems facing humanity....Well, folks if your not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Oh well, doesn't really matter anyway, you can't fix stupid and individuals may not be stupid, but humanity as a whole is and selfish as well.

The only regret I have is that there really isn't an asteroid, comet or planet x hurtling towards earth like the angry fist of some vengeful god...the earth actually needs a little cleansing, get rid of the most ignorant and selfish race that has ever graced it's surface. Then, the insects might rise and grow more intelligent and actually work together and maybe even go to space and colonize their solar system, after all most insects already have a hive mind organization, so the idiocy of fighting and bickering endlessly with each other won't be a problem. Yeah let the human race go the way of the dinosaurs.....we are all already engrained and infected with dinosaur thinking. Yep, better to sit on this one planet and fight with each other over ever diminishing resources, until a comet comes and smacks our planet into another ice age, instead of actually figuring out how to unite together, work together for the good of all and get the hell off our planet. So sad, the whole human race is like a greek tragedy; a joke of the gods.

Here's a solution:

Let's take care of our own problems and let other countries take care of theirs. We are in no position economically or from a leadership position to be talking about one-world governance.

Our bankers are ripping us off, our politicians are aiding and abetting them, our voting process is rigged, our education system is teaching our kids NOTHING useful, our manufacturing base is practically nonexistent. Our police are indiscriminately killing and beating our citizens with no consequences... Shall I go on?

What do you honestly expect a world government to do? Come in and magically fix everything? You're not satisfied with a nanny state, you want a nanny planet?

This is not an episode of Star Trek. Please change the channel that is playing in your head.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The only people that do not support a one world government are people who think inequality and suffering are necessary for things to work and are happy with the current state of things.

The empitus formost of the current state of suffering you mention has largely been attributed to the tactic of problem reaction solution that is employed by the people that are trying to create the one world government..
( see my above post)
you know...the bankers that have been creating the false flag terror incidents used to justify all the recent wars and who have been found to be funding both sides...

the kony propaganda fiasco is a good example of this
complete with the house resolution to invade and the revelation Kony has likely been dead for 6 years..
and the complete wig out of the guy who created the principle propaganda vid.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
The only way a one-world government could work is if we rid ourselves of organized religion. Of course, we would have to prove to people that their religions were fallacies or we would have to kill anyone who couldn’t conform their beliefs and learn to play ball.

Yep, good idea, Hitler.

First you'd have to prove that religion is a fallacy. Good luck with that.

Oh... let me guess what your comeback is going to be:

"Prove that it isn't a fallacy."

So predictable.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by imherejusttoread

All these posts attacking the idea of one world government yet offering no ideas and possible solutions of their own to the problems facing humanity....Well, folks if your not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

A solution to what?

problem reaction solution

see above

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join