It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulling the PTSD card

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I know a few forces have used drugs on their troops
What the poster maybe referring too is the use of amphetamine
Especially for pilots
Means they can fly more sorties
And was deffinatly an active program, atleast until recently in the US
However I cannot comment about now, I shall however find out
edit on 16-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Dude I think he's talking about those pills we were given during that one phase in boot camp where we were training in various rape techniques and baby killing methods.
edit on 3-16-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
PTSD is real.

You go 5 deployments
watching all your mates die around
you, getting their heads cut off to barbarians..
takes its toll. Some of these guys
just do snap. It is terrible thing war is.
Judge mental threads like this.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

So you are an expert in psychiatry? I am sorry sir, but this is a foot in the mouth moment. How does the mainstream media know what his defense will be? This matter has not even gone to trial. Furthermore, to my understanding the investigation is ongoing. Therefore, it is rather hasty to make a judgement at this time.

The act of this lone soldier was horrendous, and I would like to know more about what happened. This soldier had done multiple tours in combat zones, and sustained a severe head injury on one of the tours. We need to know if he is suffering from lingering psychological problems from his multiple deployments and his prior injury. No one is going to get a pass on what happened in Afghanistan, and if premeditation is confirmed? I expect military justice to be administered with that in mind. However, to say "death now," is rather premature and that lynch mob mentality. If the Army dropped the ball in allowing this man to deploy with lingering medical problems? Then I expect some form of punishment on their part. Lets find out what happened first before making rash judgements.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Dude I think he's talking about those pills we were given during that one phase in boot camp where we were training in various rape techniques and baby killing methods.

OOOooh YEAHHHhhh!!! Its coming back to me, that was the training right after we sat next to a Nuke Det. ground 0 + 100mtrs

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

So you are an expert in psychiatry?

Haven't you seen some of his other fantastic claims?

He is an expert in psychiatry, psychology, physics, geopolitics, military strategy, and even in one thread he said he can prove the existence of God, but he refuses to share the secret

He truly is a professional!

...or maybe he just has delusions of self grandeur..

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have seen this "professional " fellow discuss doom and gloom, America's going to die and how bad we are for many posts.It is obvious some of us cannot discuss our work in service(not me ,I was a knuckle dragging scout) But your sentiments seem in line with someone seeking attention by negative feedback or a spook.Are you even combat arms? How about stepping out from behind the bull horn?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Indeed! He seems to be quite the renowned expert on this, that, and everything else? His moniker truly serves him well. Jack of all trades.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by paradox

OOOooh YEAHHHhhh!!! Its coming back to me, that was the training right after we sat next to a Nuke Det. ground 0 + 100mtrs

Exactly.

I know sometimes it's hard to remember with all the brainwashing we go through!

Oh man...I feel kinda weird right now? Does anyone else feel that?
Oh god. HELP! HE-

Must. Kill. Everyone.
Must. Destroy.
Rape. Kill. Pillage.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Okay, it looks like there are two different incidents being mashed up in this thread? Itzcoatl Ocampo, and the Nameless Sargent coming back from Afghanistan now.

www.torontosun.com...

I don't think putting these two things into the same basket makes any sense. It is so nice that some seem think that soldiering somehow transcends all other possible factors - very equitable of you.

Nameless Sargent will be tried. Military courts aren't exactly lenient. He'll get a trial, just like everyone else. Not some trial by some semi-illiterate Imams hopped up on heroine and Allah. What exactly more do you need?

The place he committed this crime - they have blood money transactions for justice. Think about that.

Your point that you want out of Afghanistan? Well then, the problem isn't the militaries involved. The problem is that no one wants to do the POLITICAL things that would allow for a realistic withdrawal. Because of people like you.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

the Staff Sergeant guy, what he did is an atrocity. What need to be exploited is why, and could be a conspiracy of its self. He is nameless, why after we have others named immediately.

there is more to this story than he snapped with an unhappy home and alcohol.

not to mention there are hundreds of thousands of military servicemen that haven't snapped as he did

BTW combat zones are booze free and its a Muslim country also booze free.
Not talking the booze free "what happens in camp stays in camp"

edit on 16-3-2012 by rebellender because: added content

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

There is more? Just because you can't personally conceive of doing such a thing, doesn't mean that someone wouldn't do it for their own reasons.

People aren't always named. Others named that I know of were not in another hostile country. Getting him out and back to somewhere where he can be dealt with without causing more violence is probably a top priority. Seems like a perfectly logical reason to me.

And you are right. Most people don't snap like this. Is there some point being made that is relevant to this man's crime here?
edit on 2012/3/16 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ok, so does PTSD only occur when people go overseas? Is a overseas deployment the only valid reason why someone could have PTSD?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
Ok, so does PTSD only occur when people go overseas? Is a overseas deployment the only valid reason why someone could have PTSD?

Traumatic events don't discriminate on location.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Guy sounds like a psychotic break with post traumatic stress disorder. The sort of brain injury he had, it'd be interesting to know if there is more on it. If he always had a lack of personal insight, or if the TBI had some effect on his judgments.

Crime is still a crime. Last I heard, military courts are not lenient.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

While I certainly dont condone what this soldier did, I fail to follow the logic that because this crime may have premeditated it automatically rules out a psychological defect.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yes, I already addressed this and requested that the mods remove my posts.
I suppose I have to mention the reptilians again before a mod checks out my request.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

No, they do not which is why the overseas deployment argument is inexcusable, and flawed.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

No, they do not which is why the overseas deployment argument is inexcusable, and flawed.

One wonders what he would have done if he'd been at home and seen a bad car accident?

Might be worth looking at to see if some people are being streamlined back in when they shouldn't be. One case isn't really indicative of anything.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

What a bunch of narrowly defined crap.
PTSD is more prevalent in combat zones and other theaters of operations. By your logic, serious auto accidents at the Indy 500 are inconsequential

edit on 16-3-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A dog bites you,you're scared of dogs for life, tiny bit of PTSD.You are raped and beaten ,slight PTSD.Your family is murdered in front of you, PTSD.
You go to fight a war for a year,with the constant up and down of adrenalin rush ,deaths by you and the enemy.PTSD X 10
You are ordered to do that for multiple years,given SSRIs to control your PTSD and are sent back in.Some brains aren't capable of handling that.You miss a dose ,your emotions nuke you and boom you lose it.Some soldiers,who have murdered here at home are not recalling what they have done.Indeed one is requesting the death penalty because he has nothing to live for.
This is laid at the feet of army Meddac their treatments and processes for medication IF if the guy was on meds. I guess he was a driver not combat arms,maybe he just wanted to hit back after someone he cared for got killed,in which case he burns.The out come will no doubt be the same.Worse after coming so close to the Quran burning incident.
They need an example.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join