It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulling the PTSD card

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

And the sheeple wil believe this tripe.

Soldiers are subjected to psychotic drugs pushed my big pharma. This is where the problem lies IMO.

For what purpose? Damn, for my 28 years in the military and in everything since Panama I must have missed all this....

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

So we should just kill him?

The Ft. Hood shooter gets a trial, a jury, a lawyer.

You (and Panetta, Obama) just want to string him up.

Go get 'em, tiger!

Good point. Id like to hear his opinion on Mr Ft. Hood.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Soldiers are subjected to psychotic drugs pushed my big pharma. This is where the problem lies IMO.

For what purpose? Damn, for my 28 years in the military and in everything since Panama I must have missed all this....

You were at the Class VI when they were handing them (the drugs) out. I tried to save some for you, but they were tasty.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Oh give me a break. He is not a kid anymore, he chose to spend time in the desert. He did not 'snap' he was pissed that he had no purpose and wanted to take out his anger on innocents.

People enlist for all kinds of reasons and very few do it for the reason to go on patrol day in and day out in the WORST place on earth....

Once in you are stuck, you do not have a choice...well you do as in Jail or dishonorable discharge and then on the street with that on your record and nothing else. You are only asked one time in the military (to join) after that you are told what to do.

With that said I think the PTSD card is used way too much. They begged me when I retired to claim it by asking questions like "have you ever been angry this last year?" lol...I guess everyone has it then, but in my case I need to maintain a class 1 physical, but other than that, hell, give me the disability money.

Unless the guy is a sociopath he did snap, but that doesn't take away from what he did or that he needs to pay for his actions.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The guy deserves the death penalty no doubt , but he absolutely snapped because no one normal does such a heinous act . The only sane people that kill woman in children are the ones that do it in the name of religion , these factions that blow up car bombs in market areas during the height of shopping time call their acts just because it is Jihad .

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I have seen people die in front of me from bleeding out, using combat as an excuse to kill innocent people is not justifiable. There are many soldiers who get their legs blown off and do not go around killing innocent women and children. They volunteered for the job and they knew the consequences and hardships that they had to endure. Some of them thought oh we were gonna go in their and get those afghans that did 9.11 only to find out that they were guarding the poppy fields and to get their leg blown off from a walmart constructed IED in the face of millions of dollars of training.

Well aren't you just the man? As if everybody has your iron will. Not many people hop to it after getting their legs blown off actually
Do you really think that kids between the ages of 18-20 know anything about military life? Boot camp is one thing being in a an actual combat zone is something else. One of the follies of youth is thinkingyou know things, when you don't. Your last line seemed to devolve in to a bit of a rant. Wal-mart that's cute, yea I know the IED parts are cheap and easy to come by but that seemed too much of a stretch to garner a emotional response.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So it is the OPs contention that people in the military do not go crazy? Serial killers plan out what they do, does that make them not crazy? Clealy the guy is sick in the head.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Folks, he didn't simply snap. By his own admission, he joined the military in order to kill.
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

Itzcoatl Ocampo’s alleged victims include four homeless men. Now, a secret grand jury transcript obtained by the Orange County Register reveals that 23-year-old Ocampo joined the Marines to become a killer and was disappointed when he spent his time in Iraq driving a truck.

Keep believing he was just a regular casualty of the war machine though if it makes you happy.

In my opinion, this is the equivalent of Jeffrey Dahmer wanting to work in a morgue so he could get all the fresh meat he wanted.

The man is sick and should've been identified as such much earlier than his heinous act. Who's really at fault here? His commanding officer? The troops who spent every day with him? His mother? Somebody knew he was wacked in the head and didn't speak up.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The guy deserves the death penalty no doubt , but he absolutely snapped because no one normal does such a heinous act . The only sane people that kill woman in children are the ones that do it in the name of religion , these factions that blow up car bombs in market areas during the height of shopping time call their acts just because it is Jihad .
reply to post by Azadok

If you do it in the name of religion it's sane???? What a cop out. Pulling out a old card now. He deserves the death penalty? You make that snap judgement based on what you have been told?!? So far I have heard via the media he was a sniper and here I read he was remf or a truck driver. We have no facts just heresay. I'd like to know the results of a psyche evaluation before jumping the gun.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
So it is the OPs contention that people in the military do not go crazy? Serial killers plan out what they do, does that make them not crazy? Clealy the guy is sick in the head.

Who the OP or the soldier ?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13

reply to post by Azadok

If you do it in the name of religion it's sane???? What a cop out. Pulling out a old card now. He deserves the death penalty? You make that snap judgement based on what you have been told?!? So far I have heard via the media he was a sniper and here I read he was remf or a truck driver. We have no facts just heresay. I'd like to know the results of a psyche evaluation before jumping the gun.

I was being sarcastic with the sane and religion part , I thought that was obvious and yes absolutely he should be put to death . It most certainly is better than a military prison for life .

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think we will see less and less of these threads as the truth or certainly the events come to light
Infact in the last few mins I've heard a few updates about what happened to this man
As we discover stand by for the threads having a go at the forces in relation to this
Moving away from the individual
However will I see an apology, an admittance that some posters misjudged or that they accept they don't really know what they are talking about
No
Just more of the same, until next time
Then back to baby killers
And around we go again

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My apologies.
The article details I submitted were about another soldier who is being held on murder charges. Because the headlines were beside each other on the website I was reading at the time, I thought they were about the same guy.
Mods, feel free to remove my previous posts as 'off topic'.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

CNN and other mainstream media are pulling the PTSD card trying to make people think this guy just 'snapped' etc. That this was just a instant decision and that led to the massacre of the innocent Afghanis. Somehow that walking door to door with NVG on your head, and methodically killing everyone, putting them in a pile was not premeditated is preposterous. I hope this guy gets death

The problem I have with this is that you have convicted him already (long before this incident). You wouldn’t have wished this man his next breathe 6 months ago.

This guy will get what he deserves if he is convicted but this is a tragedy and it really doesn’t need to be perpetuated by people who only seek to further tarnish the US of A.

Give it a rest…please. The PTSD claim is mostly to diffuse a tense political situation. What side are you on? Never mind…rhetorical question!

edit on 16-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com...

Updated at 8:01 a.m. ET: The case against the U.S. soldier accused of killing 16 Afghan villagers is "more political than legal" and the defense will likely focus on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), his lawyer told NBC News on Friday. Attorney John Henry Browne, who is representing the soldier, said the suspect had been training to become a military recruiter after four tours of duty in Iraq but had been ordered to return to Afghanistan "overnight." "There will be efforts to paint him as a rogue soldier rather than focusing on how we treat GIs in general or whether we should be over there to begin with," he told TODAY’s Matt Lauer in an exclusive interview.

CNN and other mainstream media are pulling the PTSD card trying to make people think this guy just 'snapped' etc. That this was just a instant decision and that led to the massacre of the innocent Afghanis. Somehow that walking door to door with NVG on your head, and methodically killing everyone, putting them in a pile was not premeditated is preposterous. I hope this guy gets death

Hey man how much trigger time do you have? in country? You are making statements way above your comprehension level.

in the future with this matter you might make statements like
" when will they limit combat tours to 2 in 4 years?" then you sound logical and maintain a balance with your ATS Peers
edit on 16-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I have seen people die in front of me from bleeding out, using combat as an excuse to kill innocent people is not justifiable. There are many soldiers who get their legs blown off and do not go around killing innocent women and children. They volunteered for the job and they knew the consequences and hardships that they had to endure. Some of them thought oh we were gonna go in their and get those afghans that did 9.11 only to find out that they were guarding the poppy fields and to get their leg blown off from a walmart constructed IED in the face of millions of dollars of training

Seeing some people bleed out has now made you an expert on PTSD?

Honestly, you have no flippen clue do you? If you did, you wouldn't be running your mouth spewing your usual verbal excrement as you have. You have a right to post an opinion but that's all it is, opinion. My personal experience is from another time and another place not the Stan or Iraq.

Regarding PTSD: Everyone takes away something and most leave a part of themselves, and yes, some lose it completely.

PEACE.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I don't think he shouldn't not be punished.. But it's really hard to act as though he was in an entirely normal mind set.

What do you think he really did? Was he thinking "Damn I have a few too many magazines. Better get rid of this ammo?" I would fully believe he snapped under pressure, and acted out. Nobody is ready for what they face in war. So you can't honestly say "They know what they are signing up for". It's pretty obvious that they don't.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

S
Very VERY well put
Thank you

SLAYER69
And you lol

Paradox
And while I'm at it

edit on 16-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

edit on 16-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

edit on 3-16-12 by paradox because: edited to stay out of trouble

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

add me to the list of service members that has served through 3 decades and has no knowledge of what you are talking about.
you know, the thing about conspiracies is that the people spinning them gets the satisfaction in getting people to believe them and sits back and laughs at his riveted audience.

Pharma pushing meds on G.I.s sorry not in my blood, but I can eat Anthrax on me Corn Flakes!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join