It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Little Children Who Brought Home Rainbow Colored Acorns From Fairy Land

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
it sounds like you entered some dream world realm from old medieval folklore.

if such a thing ever existed.. there seems to be a pretty big influence left by them to this day.

tinkerbell ring a bell? just the modern adaption of something prior. for what reason were fairys introduced into human history? maybe you stumbled on it? or had a purely innocent enough mind to wander there

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Sorry, yourmaker, I posted this to the wrong person! This was meant for Loves A Conspiracy.
Have you ever heard of Sylvia Brown? She is a world famous psychic who has written MANY books on many different subjects! She reported seeing an elf in the woods in one of her books. I don't consider her to be crazy.
Some people have extraordinary capabilities tapping into a part of the brain that others do not.
I, myself, remember seeing some ghostly form standing beside my crib as a baby. I couldn't have been more than 2 yrs. old. It wasn't my parents because I looked over at their bed and saw both of them there. I remember how frightened I became realizing it wasn't one of them!
Because you don't experience it yourself doesn't mean it's not possible! Stop being mean!

edit on 3/16/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by yourmaker

Sorry, yourmaker, I posted this to the wrong person! This was meant for Loves A Conspiracy.
Have you ever heard of Sylvia Brown? She is a world famous psychic who has written MANY books on many different subjects! She reported seeing an elf in the woods in one of her books. I don't consider her to be crazy.
Some people have extraordinary capabilities tapping into a part of the brain that others do not.
I, myself, remember seeing some ghostly form standing beside my crib as a baby. I couldn't have been more than 2 yrs. old. It wasn't my parents because I looked over at their bed and saw both of them there. I remember how frightened I became realizing it wasn't one of them!
Because you don't experience it yourself doesn't mean it's not possible! Stop being mean!

I dont believe in psychics, especially the ones who write books
There are no such things as elf's, please provide some solid evidence for this, such as dna records, bones, raw unedited footage from a scientific institute....i know you cannot as they are works of fiction

Psychics brains work the same as mine and yours.

Once again a scientific piece of data backing up these claims would be fantastic, but you and i both know, there is none.
Psychics have been proven as frauds many many times. Of course there are the people willing to believe anything

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
OP- please ignore the naysayers of this thread. There are absolutely no threads here on ATS that doesnt get hijacked by people who think they know it all, people who think that because THEY dont beleive something happened, then it couldnt have possibly happened.

There are many unknowns out there, and just because we cant see them , feel them etc doesnt mean they do not exist. Yet many here on ATS declare themselves to be godalmighty on most of the subjects, instead of being able to have a rational conversation/discussion about the topic at hand.No matter what the topic, they show up.

And then of course, lets ALWAYS get off the subject by interjecting ridiculous stuff like "you need a mental ward."

If it werent for how very well ATS is organized and for the few interesting thread such as breaking news threads, I would never come here.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
What a facinating story. I find childhood memories so wonderful.
Childhood is a time of innocence and wonder. As children we are more accepting to the unusual and strange things this world has to offer, which is possibly why adults dont "see" the same way as children. Adults minds seem to be closed to such strange ideas and thus will not "see" them for what they are.

You are very lucky to be able to recall your childhood. I dont seem to be able to remember anything about my chldhood without my sisters guide or photos to ignite a memory.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
OP- please ignore the naysayers of this thread. There are absolutely no threads here on ATS that doesnt get hijacked by people who think they know it all, people who think that because THEY dont beleive something happened, then it couldnt have possibly happened.

There are many unknowns out there, and just because we cant see them , feel them etc doesnt mean they do not exist. Yet many here on ATS declare themselves to be godalmighty on most of the subjects, instead of being able to have a rational conversation/discussion about the topic at hand.No matter what the topic, they show up.

And then of course, lets ALWAYS get off the subject by interjecting ridiculous stuff like "you need a mental ward."

If it werent for how very well ATS is organized and for the few interesting thread such as breaking news threads, I would never come here.

My thoughts as well!

I dont understand why people comment on threads they dont find interesting or only want to slate!
edit on 16-3-2012 by afraidofthedark because: Forgot to add text, sorry!!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

The entire experience sounds like someone dosed you with a certain concoction that was popular in the 70s, was usually administered on sugar cubes, and was very well known for the effects of Synesthesia, as well as the highly imaginative 'trips' one took under the influence of this chemical.

Synesthesia can be naturally occurring, but, that's usually a permanent condition. It can, however be brought on artificially by said chemical which was popular in the 60s and 70s.
Here's an article on Artificial Synesthesia which mentions the chemical I'm referring to from a research perspective.

You didn't happen to recall having eaten any sugar cubes with your friend, or being offered something such by someone, possibly a family member, or gotten a drop or two of some liquid put on your tongue by an eye dropper?

It's not unheard of for some people to do such things to children, thinking to themselves it'll be amusing, or they're expanding the children's consciousness, or whatever warped justification they might have for poisoning children with an illegal recreational hallucinagen that I still have not name, but, has particular association with someone named Timothy Leary.

Is there a chance you were poisoned by either some well-meaning but warped adult, or just for kicks by someone, or possibly even accidentally by finding a family member's stash of sugar cubes?

Edit: There are, of course, other substances that are more naturally occurring, like certain mushrooms, and even frogs that can cause similar effect.

edit on 16-3-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Like these...

or these???

edit on 16-3-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Great little story, very nice, soft and fluffy. I would really like to think that it was true....

I have similar stories to this...........you didn't by any chance happen to find any small white mushrooms before you fell asleep did you?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by blocula

I find that highly unlikely as you dont acquire autobiographical memory until the age of 3. These are false memories, or reinforced memories.

edit on 16-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

Actually you are very very wrong. And I am ashamed at your ignorance and for agreeing with you in another thread. I bet you wish you had memories like that, but you don't your world isn't colorful enough. But too bad you can't take away the mans magic acorns..

funny sentence haha.

I have a memory from 8 months old. A few actually. One of them I was at the top of the stairs, and my mommy was at teh bottom looking up at me. This confused the heck out of me. I wanted to go see her, but I remembered that staris were not safe, plus I couldn't figure out how to turn around and back down them, because going frontwords I knew I was top heavy... I was "rocking" forward and back with my two weak arms holding the edge of the top step. I could rock forward, but then I may start flipping. haha man that body was weak haha, never did what I wanted it to.

My mom later told me what this memory was and that I was 8 months old. earlier I had climbed out of my crib and landed with a thud on my butt. I don't remember this part. Anyway my smart dad decided my mom lied and put me back in the crib for me to do it again. My mom waited at the bottom of the stairs.

By the way after this I was no longer allowed to have a crib. I have no memories of ever having a crib actually. I told my mom this story when I was 2 1/2...
edit on 3/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Do you guys not understand that the story is true either way. It's the Magic that you guys are missing in your head, not the magic of the forest you should look for.

[snip]

Go play in the woods pick some flowers get some sun... Maybe that will lighten up your shrinking grey world...?

who knows?
edit on 16-3-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

what a phucktard.

That's a real genuine display of maturity from a 7 year old.

While people have the right to believe or not believe the story in the OP, you do realise that this thread is in "The gray area" for a reason, right? This SHOULD filter out the jerks who like to hijack threads since the forum itself should tell you the content may not be easily believeable and perhaps pretty far "out there".

Soooo the moral of the story is, CHECK the forum you are in before making smartass know-it-all comments because it proves your ignorance by showing you aren't paying attention. Thank you.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by blocula

And how would i be talking at three months old? If no one ever taught me how to talk,i wouldnt be talking now,i wouldnt know how to,because language is taught,is it not? its not something we're born already knowing...

Well, its fairly simple.

If you had a long term memory at the moment you were born, you would have 3 months worth of learning behind you. You would hear people talking, you would remember the word combinations and thus be able to speak. As soon as your parents realized you were learning they would spend more time teaching.

Babies crave attention, scream, cry etc because they cannot explain themselves. They are frustrated little things. So learning how to communicate would be a huge obstacle overcome.

If the need arose im sure you could learn the basics of a language in 3 months even now

edit on 16-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: to add a bit at the end cos it never made sense

I might be able to hear people talking,but i wouldnt know what they were doing and at three months old i certainly would'nt know that they're talking was something that i could do or should also be doing and babies cry because they're hungry,tired or need their diaper changed and maybe also because they are scared...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The story would be ridiculous and easy to dismiss if there weren't hundreds if not thousands of similar stories told by people for thousands of years. Consider yourself lucky if you have a chance to visit the Other Land, because not everybody gets to.

Perhaps it was a kind of dream state, although accounts of different people sharing the same dream are even rarer than accounts of visits to the Other Land. But even if it was a dream, that doesn't mean it wasn't real in some way, too. We only have a limited understanding of reality and how it works. Some things are more real than others. The only reason we consider dreams to be real is that almost everybody has them. The only evidence we have for dreams is anecdotal.

Maybe it was an "alien" abduction experience, and the fairy folk clouded your minds with cover memories your child mind could understand. It's probably too late to use hypnosis to see if you could find out what actually happened, if it was an encounter with the Others.

You might want to take a look at UFO researcher Jacques Vallee's book, Passport to Magonia when you have a chance. Good food for thought.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join