It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Little Children Who Brought Home Rainbow Colored Acorns From Fairy Land

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have never told this story before in any post or thread,but I remember very clearly when i was around 7 or 8 years old,i use to sleep over my great grandmothers house whenever i could and there was a girl who lived next door the same age as i was and we use to play together outside in the woods all the time...

One sunny and warm autumn morning,we were walking really far out into the woods exploring,like we always did and then we started to feel tired,something that never happened,so we layed down beneath a grove of tall oak trees and quickly fell asleep...

We both awakened at the same time about three hours later and while still laying down,we excitedly started telling eachother about how both of us just got through having dreams of elves and faries who were no more than six inches tall...

But when we stood up and looked around,there were acorns laying all over the ground that were not there when we layed down and fell asleep and there were hundreds of them everywhere beneath those oak trees.Only these were not regular acorns,these acorns were colored and they were swirled with every color of the rainbow, shimmering in the sunshine,red,orange,yellow,purple,blue and green all mixed close together like a tie dyed shirt,or one of those clear rubber superballs with different colors inside that they use to sell in gumball machines...

We couldnt believe what we were looking at and we hurriedly ran back and forth filling our pockets with many dozens of those strangely colored acorns.Then we walked home with them really fast, because we could'nt wait to show everyone what we had found.We ran into the house to show my grandmother and her visiting sister,took them out of our pockets,to see that they had somehow all turned into regular looking acorns,with their usual dull greens and browns.The rainbow colors were gone,they had disappeared that quickly and i have never seen or heard of acorns like those acorns ever again...

And so no one else ever saw them,we were told we were seeing things and we were never even able to get a photograph of those rainbow colored acorns,something i have always regretted and have often thought about for the past thirty years or so,something i'll never forget...

edit on 16-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I wish I could support your thread with my own similar story, but I just can't yet...
I am not supposed to know it, and I'm really not supposed to say it.
And If I did say it, no one could ever know for sure what actually happened except me.

Like your story, the proof was gone when I tried to show someone else.

by the way I lose my connection to the higher energies (something like god is meant here) when I talk about my experiences, especially if I accidentally share it in an egotistical way.

so S and F for your courage.

edit on 3/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You mean something like these?

Very interesting story, and I'm almost inclined to believe you, even if it is bordering into the realm of the supernatural. Mostly because if it isn't true, no harm done. If it is true.. no harm will come. It's a nice change from the usual doom & gloom around here.

It also reminds me of the Bridge to Terabithia

edit on 16-3-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Interesting dream or glimpse of childhood reality. I had a dream where I crawled into a snow cave with my brother following me in. Nothing was out of the ordinary until we looked up. The entire roof of the snow cave was covered in hanging snowflakes. Exactly half of them were multi-colored exactly as you described it, a swirled rainbow. He sked me what it meant, and I plucked one and squeezed the collor out of it. We left the cave and he pushed me off a very high cliff. I thought I was fine as I fell, the snow below looked so deep. Until I got closer and could see it was a snow covered boulder field. I remember hitting and surviving , but being very mad and physically hurt

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You probably saw the iridescence of a new acorn skin reflecting light like a rainbow the way gasoline used to glimmer in puddles and when the skin dries out the iridescent quality passes also because it is partly due to moisture.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by blocula

You probably saw the iridescence of a new acorn skin reflecting light like a rainbow the way gasoline used to glimmer in puddles and when the skin dries out the iridescent quality passes also because it is partly due to moisture.
I hear what your saying and i know what you mean,but i'm telling you,these acorns were swirled with multiple colors,not overlapping washed out and faded colors,but primary and pastel colors,vibrant, clearly defined and very real and i even searched through the internet for multi-colored acorns,but all i found were pictures of colored acorns that people made for arts and crafts...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I'll be looking forward to reading about whatever happened to you and please u2u me when you decide to tell,so i'll be sure not to miss it...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You probably already saw this one then. These are pretty colorful. I never knew there were so many kinds of acorns. Only one in 10,000 chance any of them will become an oak.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

That was cool. Thanx for sharing it. The stickers in your mind are the vividness of the dream, the shared dream you both had, and the shared hallucination of the acorns. Some spirit showed you a good time. Always treasure that won't you? And maybe look for the "gift" you may have received that day. Like maybe an extra sensory perception you may have had since that day... of some kind?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

In the photo you posted,look at the middle acorn thats a little near the top colored green,yellow and brown,the hundreds we saw looked similar to that,except they were "swirled" with random shapes and patterns of 5 or 6 different colors and they were not laying on the ground when we layed down and we surely would have noticed them and had the same reaction if they had been and it took us about 10 or 15 minutes to walk home and in that short time,the swirls of rainbow colors were gone.... Wow...brings a real tear to my eye thinking about my grandmother and myself and that girl at that young of an age and how innocent and always happy we were....Should i laugh or cry?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

And so no one else ever saw them,we were told we were seeing things and we were never even able to get a photograph of those rainbow colored acorns,something i have always regretted and have often thought about for the past thirty years or so...

Childrens minds are very creative.

30 odd years you say, yet you discredit the pics of the multicoloured acorns someone posted? What you saw and what you created in your mind are two very different things.

A childhood fantasy with a seemingly fitting (childish) title

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by blocula

And so no one else ever saw them,we were told we were seeing things and we were never even able to get a photograph of those rainbow colored acorns,something i have always regretted and have often thought about for the past thirty years or so...

Childrens minds are very creative.

30 odd years you say, yet you discredit the pics of the multicoloured acorns someone posted? What you saw and what you created in your mind are two very different things.

A childhood fantasy with a seemingly fitting (childish) title
You must have had to dig down really deep to be able to find something worth degrading in my threads headline and i explained above in my previous post how the colored acorns we saw,held in our hands and carried home were very different from the ones that were posted in the photo...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

Geez, that is horrible.

I can't imagine your own brother doing that to you. Boy is he mean.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I experience a similar phenomena myself from time to time, though I am unsure how to explain it's origins.

If I sit quietly and just look at something - anything really - and open my mind to the experience, I can begin to see what appears to be a blended pastel wash of colors overlaying almost anything.

It seems to be a matter of just letting the mind go, and tuning in the senses, but at the same time, just letting oneself "see" what is there in a new light so to speak.

Our minds as children are much more open to the world and it's possibilities, at that age we're constantly seeing things with fresh eyes and curiousity - but as we grow older we easily become used to expecting nothing more than brown acorns.

Thanks for sharing your experience, the next time I'm under an oak I'll think of your story...who knows, maybe I'll see a few myself!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I can remember my mother singing rock-a-bye-baby to me while i layed in my crib looking up at her and i even described the room we were in to my mother and she said thats what the room looked like and thats the song she use to sing me to sleep with,when i was 6 months old...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I find that highly unlikely as you dont acquire autobiographical memory until the age of 3. These are false memories, or reinforced memories.

In other words you have seen images and have had the circumstances described in the past (after 3 years old) and built this into your explicit or long term memory.

ETA: The part of you brain (hippocampus) which stores these memories is not formed before 3 years old
If you really could remember before 3 years old you would be talking at 3 months, feeding yourself etc by the age of 1

edit on 16-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Most everyone who knows me well enough ends up telling me that i have an incredible memory and i can quote the lyrics to a thousand songs with ease and i can photographically see in color in my minds eye all sorts of places,people and situations from all throughout my childhood,even from when i was one,two and three years old and i can still hear some of the sounds and voices from those distant times and places...

And how would i be talking at three months old no matter how developed my brain might have been at a very early age? If no one ever taught me how to talk,i wouldnt be talking even now,i wouldnt know how to,because language is taught,is it not? Its not something we're born already knowing,we first have to learn the alphabet and how to sound out the vowels a e i o u and y,then we learn how to pronounce individual words and then we learn how to form them into sentences,no ones born already knowing those things...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

And how would i be talking at three months old? If no one ever taught me how to talk,i wouldnt be talking now,i wouldnt know how to,because language is taught,is it not? its not something we're born already knowing...

Well, its fairly simple.

If you had a long term memory at the moment you were born, you would have 3 months worth of learning behind you. You would hear people talking, you would remember the word combinations and thus be able to speak. As soon as your parents realized you were learning they would spend more time teaching.

Babies crave attention, scream, cry etc because they cannot explain themselves. They are frustrated little things. So learning how to communicate would be a huge obstacle overcome.

If the need arose im sure you could learn the basics of a language in 3 months even now

edit on 16-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: to add a bit at the end cos it never made sense

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

And how would i be talking at three months old no matter how developed my brain might have been at a very early age? If no one ever taught me how to talk,i wouldnt be talking even now,i wouldnt know how to,because language is taught,is it not? Its not something we're born already knowing,we first have to learn the alphabet and how to sound out the vowels a e i o u and y,then we learn how to pronounce individual words and then we learn how to form them into sentences,no ones born already knowing those things...

Thats the 3rd edit, you really should not delete the edits from the post

You dont need to know the alphabet to know how to speak...where did you hear that?? I can speak some russian, i dont know there alphabet. A russian girl taught me through listening and reciting what she said.

Im sure you have seen the way a baby looks at you when you talk to them. They understand tones at a very early age. This has nothing to do with memory though. When you talk to a baby they are fixated on you. If they had a memory (longer than say 24hrs) it would be very easy to learn for them.

Im pretty sure kids learn to speak long before they learn the alphabet lol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join