It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrageous Crime and Injustice--where is our outrage?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Excellent post. As another case in point - not on the level of life and limb but the same head in the sand behavior. .. A friend of mine is an attorney and she was targeted by her assessors for a hugely inflated valuation of her house. Her property taxes were double what everyone else's were in the town. Now keep in mind this is not a big time partner in a law firm defending corporations- she represents the poor. She uncovered a hugely corrupt property tax system where laws were being blatantly broken and anyone the assessors didn't like was paying a hefty price while assessors themselves were lowering their own taxes down to single digits. She won her case in court and the assessors continued to target her for FIVE years. She took this further and discovered that this type of homegrown terrorism is going on nationwide. Wrote a book exposing it- Are You Getting Screwed On Your Property Taxes? How To Find Out and How To Fix It. In my naivety I thought, 'Wow, this is going to be a best-seller. People are finally going to get a clue and demand this horribly corrupt property tax system which effects everyone will be reformed or abolished. Didn't happen. The book sold some, more people took their cases to court, and legislators buried the issue. Everyone else stuck their head in the sand. If it wasn't directly happening to them, they didn't care; and if it was directly happening to them they didn't want to know.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Atom12

I am not sure if I should even write this, but I am sick and tired of it all, not suicidal, just tired of always thinking about a damn piece of paper I signed back in 1991 saying I would never talk about what I had seen in central America. While Desert Storm was going on in the mideast, we still had thousands of troops in central america, mostly reservists doing their month long duty then shipped back home. I was privy to a lot of # that went down there, and the crack coc aine tie to the CIA is huge, they actually developed crack themselves and 'tested' it out on not just addicts that were locals but us soldiers too, letting all soldiers know they wouldn't be prosecuted for doing drugs or tested and that all that they had to do was report on all their symptoms. That's just for starters, but that's enough for now.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Thank you OP!
Very interesting and a bit of an eye opener.
Thank you

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
By no means is the following meant in a dismissive or derogatory manner. It is simply my way of responding in the most effective way I can convey.

All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten.

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.

Source: "ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN" by Robert Fulghum

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Enjoyed (not sure that is the most appropriate word) for the information provided. It’s my belief that people cannot believe that there governments can or will carry out the kind of atrocities like the ones mentioned.

I remember watching a documentary about German soldiers in WW2, normal soldiers not the SS, and after they were captured close to the end of the conflict they were told about the horrors of the holocaust and would not believe a word of it, total lies according to them.

That was until they were shown film of a concentration camp and what had occurred there, they were totally dumbstruck and horrified. Never had a clue that genocide was being carried out it their name.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This posting does a very good job of giving numerous examples of the corruption and "horrors" we face, and some might say we "accept" being carried out by what I have come to call the NWO or illumanati. As many here have pointed out, the shear "insanity" and extent of the evils being carried out are difficult for most well meaning people to even comprehend. If put in a "direct" situation to protect our loved ones, and even strangers when faced with eminent harm, I believe most people would instinctively put themselves in harm's way to protect another. So the question is what prevents us from doing this when we see ourselves, our Country (USA) and the World being taken over by a small group who seem to clearly put us all in eminent danger?

I would suggest MANY good people DO try and effect change through what may have once been the "proper" channels, the courts, media exposure, voting, peaceful protest, etc. Farmer's against Monsanto is a good example, they even won recent lawsuits, only to be "slapped" in the face by our Government giving the green light for Monsanto to basically "take over" the food supply and "modifiy" it with unhealthy GMO crops. WTF?

Whistleblowers are murdered or "destroyed" in some way, thier families threatened. The same sort of secrecy and "power stucture" used by the illumanati, very closely resembles street gangs, ruthless thugs with complete disreguard for "collatoral" damage to anyone who stands in thier way.

I was reading another thread about Ron Paul, and suspetions the GOP campaign is being "rigged", well no big surprise there, but what REALLY stood out for me was a video made by a group of Ron Paul delegates who actually documented that thier votes were not counted correctly and tried following GOP rules and guidelines to ask for a re-count and were completely dismissed. It was shocking to wittness such blatant disreguard for the law in a official meeting of delegates. I have yet to talk to ONE person who supports Romney, how the hell is he winning?

GOOD people have put themselves in harms way to prosecute war criminals, corporate thieves and the likes, only to see these people get a "slap" on the wrist maybe, pardoned by the president and then invited back into the loop! What do we tell our kids about all this? I was shocked to hear my daughter basically "buying" into the "soft sell" NWO our kids are being taught "People are bad, too many of them, hurts the planet" yeah, like they care about the planet, wars for oil, when alternative energy sources are suppressed to mantain the "status quo" for oil companies? Not to mention the "war" business is big bucks too...it's obscene.

I quess at the end of the day, it comes down to "what am I willing to die for, AND what is worth living for?" Maybe ignorance is bliss, and I'm not gonna fault anyone for taking that path at this point. For myself, I wanna at least understand what's happening, pick my battles, even if they're in vain, principal and integrity matter in the end game I think. I sure wouldn't want be on these guys deathbed when thier depts to the "devil" come due.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Exceptional post..I hope you were on overtime, you deserve it. Why do we do nothing has always intrigued me and I come up with the same answers everytime..

We think we have the power to communicate on a grand scale using the internet, mobile phone systems but we dont as all are monitored closely. While we have been sitting at our keyboards ranting about our lack of freedoms those same freedoms to express ourselves have been slowly eroded.

We also make things to difficult and frustrating for ourselves by shouting for the impossible, the overthrow of governments and return of power to the people.. This is crazy because we have never lost the power we strive to get back.

Citizen rebellion or a complete refusal to work, grab a gun or just say no, walk for hours with a "down with government" sign or get those same protestors to go on strike. We have let TPTB convince us that we have no power that and that alone gives them all the power they need.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well, they don't call us "sheeple" for nothing do they?

I hit the double nickel this year and I can remember the men of the family talking in hushed tones about The John Birch Society back in the 60's during the family gatherings on the holidays. Of course I had no idea what that was at the time but it appears that that group was right more than anyone realized. It just goes to prove as others have alluded to in this thread that as long as you keep The Sheeple fat, dumb and happy, keep the Bread and Circuses going and what have you, then you can do something as audacious as blow a president away in full view of the public and, not only get away scot-free, but actually SUCEED him in office!

I have seen my share of outrageous exposés in my time but if you go to onlinedocumentaries.com and watch the "Evidence of Revision" documentary series - and you're old enough to remember the Kennedy assassination - you'll get a fresh sense of revulsion and rage going in you pretty fast. I'm a full-blooded Texan and I'm completely ashamed of LBJ. To think he has tons of stuff named after him here in Texas makes me want to puke. This stuff has been going on since before that - almost every single second of the 20th century as far as I can tell given Jekyll Island - but America experienced a coup in 1963 and hardly anyone believed it then or since.

I tell myself that this is just the natural outcome of a country that has grown this rich, powerful and complicated. It attracts those who crave power - and money is just a means to that end. Most people can be ecstatically happy with enough in the bank to keep themselves fed, clothed and housed for the rest of their lives and enough left over to help friends and family out when those needs arrise. Perhaps even throw in a nice vacation every year or so, too. But there are those among us that will always have the psychotic gene that makes them look at the masses as livestock meant for nothing more than their own entertainment and support. It's a trait that has yet to be wiped from our collective gene pool. All one needs for proof is to look at what we keep sending back to Washington D. C. to represent us every couple of years or so. With only one or two exceptions (Ron P. and Son, maybe Kucinich) those that have a true sense of honor, decentcy, courage and service to country are almost nowhere to be found.

End of rant.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Third....and not to nitpick or anything.....but you're at work doing this?? Really??

That's why it took a few days to compile, and is a little choppy in places. I did it between a thousand other interruptions..... and furthermore, I do work for the government afterall!

Ron Swanson would be proud

Glad to see you you`ve got your priorities sorted

edit on 16-3-2012 by demoncleaner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
In the documentary they say it's impossible for someone to be programmed to be the Manchurian candidate and yet Derren Brown has done exactly that live on UK tv!!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalKid

In the documentary they say it's impossible for someone to be programmed to be the Manchurian candidate and yet Derren Brown has done exactly that live on UK tv!!

I imagine it would be infinitely easier to create a Manchurian Candidate if the candidate and their family were already willing, and he was raised in an environment to minimize exposure and expedite development, with a questionable and hard to document background, and was then professionally developed through one of the most corrupt political environments in the country, and had the added benefit of being no particular race or religion so that any criticism could immediately be brushed off as racism or religious bias. Not to make any direct accusations, but just saying, if I wanted to create a Manchurian Candidate, I can't imagine a more fool-proof plan.
edit on 16-3-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have no doubt what so ever they have done it for most of the major eliminations in recent history, both of the Kennedys for definite.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just to add, Derren also used a woman in a poker dot dress as the trigger for it, so no doubt what so ever he has studied these exact cases mentioned.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Star and flag. See my signature for reference; this is exactly why people have trouble grasping that 9/11 was an inside job. If you study the government's (notice that I said "the" and not "our") history you will find that in 100's of cases people (citizens) have been used as guinea pigs without their knowledge, which has lead to mental illness, terminal sickness and sometimes death. The government is not the will of the people and operates no different from any big corporation - it is shameless and has no problem shedding blood or exploiting if it is in their interests to do so.

edit on 16-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

How serendipitous! Not five minutes before I sat down here my pop and I were having this same conversation, with many of the same references. That conversation was started by attempting to breakdown what precipitated the breakdown of the US soldier who allegedly snapped and killed 16 civilians in Afghanistan.

Our last thoughts on the subject were "what is there to do". Well, there is lots to do, but it all starts very simply. We have to learn to say NO. No we will not allow you to send our children to fight a rich man's war. No we will not allow you to enslave American citizens. No we will not stand idly by while all of our rights are taken away. No we will not allow you to turn our diverse culture into a theocracy. The list goes on nearly into infinity. But it all starts with NO.

How do we do this. We take to the streets as it is obvious that our votes count for little, at least on the national level. The brave folks of Occupy tried to stir us all into action but the government spin doctors were out in force to discredit the movemeharassharrass the protesters. And many many of those who come here swallowed it hook line and sinker. Damn dirty hippies. BTW, I aligned myself with that movement. I am 56 and while I might be a hippie at heart, I bathe regularly, pay taxes, work my ass off and do everything that I was taught in social studies that makes me a good citizen. And I vote, for whatever its worth.

If like me, you cannot take to the streets, at least find a group to support. Not one that is divisive as that only plays into the hands of the corrupt overlords but one that will accept all who wish to stand against tyranny.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jaguarsky

We take to the streets as it is obvious that our votes count for little, at least on the national level. The brave folks of Occupy tried to stir us all into action but the government spin doctors were out in force to discredit the movemeharassharrass the protesters. And many many of those who come here swallowed it hook line and sinker. Damn dirty hippies. BTW, I aligned myself with that movement. I am 56 and while I might be a hippie at heart, I bathe regularly, pay taxes, work my ass off and do everything that I was taught in social studies that makes me a good citizen. And I vote, for whatever its worth.

I couldn't agree more!
I was very active in the Tea Party, and although I wasn't active in the OWS stuff, I did support them, and I did try to sway as many conservative folks as I could to step back and look at the big picture and stop criticizing Occupy, and instead realize it was just a different means to the same end, and it was a GREAT thing for the general public. Occupy and Tea Party really should have been able to work together instead of allowing the spin doctors to turn them against one another and neuter both movements. TPTB are very, very good at their jobs though!

Someone mentioned Ron Swanson earlier, and although I am so much more handsome, I am a Libertarian working in Government Regulation, which means I hate myself!
I don't really hate myself, but idealogically I hate what I do, but I also figure it is better to have someone like me doing it instead of having some power-hungry narcissist doing it and enjoying the hell out of exerting their power over people.

I'm not a hippy, but I think a good Libertarian is kind of a mix between ultimate conservative and ultimate liberal. We are for as little government regulation as possible, which means de-criminalizing a whole lot of stuff, but we are also against most social programs and government interference that some people consider good or necessary. Really, we just want a skeleton crew government that can run a military if a need arises, and can provide a framework for the representatives from each state to meet for a couple of weeks per year to see if anything needs tweaked.

I think Ron Paul / Dennis Kucinich should run together on a United Party, Libertarian ticket!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Great thread OP! It's amazing how much we are willing to overlook even when the evidence is clear.

I would like to know how Obama's BC and Derrick Bell plays into all this. The evidence for the BC is not as clear-cut as the other examples, and Derrick Bell is a red herring.

Again.....good post!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Star and flag. See my signature for reference; this is exactly why people have trouble grasping that 9/11 was an inside job. If you study the government's (notice that I said "the" and not "our") history you will find that in 100's of cases people (citizens) have been used as guinea pigs without their knowledge. The government is not the will of the people and operates no different from any big corporation - it is shameless and has no problem shedding blood or exploiting if it is in their interests to do so.

So true, if only we could get the majority of civilization to realise this besides just the few that actually do!

Maybe then we would have a real world and a true uprising which would rid war and set the ground for Humans to truely prosper!

I am forever in hope and as I see things getting slowly worse I am actually filled with hope this may well trigger the uprising....
edit on 16-3-2012 by DigitalKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Great thread OP! It's amazing how much we are willing to overlook even when the evidence is clear.

I would like to know how Obama's BC and Derrick Bell plays into all this. The evidence for the BC is not as clear-cut as the other examples, and Derrick Bell is a red herring.

Again.....good post!

You're right, I was just giving more fringe examples, that were current day, but also stating we don't even need to discuss the fringe examples, because there are more than enough verified, proven, and admitted atrocities.

Sometimes Conspiracy Theorists like us get caught up tryng so hard to prove things like 9/11 and the BC fiasco that we miss the forest for the trees! Sure, those things need investigation, but there are plenty of things out there that have already been proven, and people still don't seem to care.

Suppose 20 years from now we find out 9/11 was perpetrated by Silverstein, Cheney, the IDF and Mossad, will it just get glazed over like all the other examples in the OP? Suppose we eventually find out the CIA was involved with the Obama BC right from the start, and he was groomed to be the president we have today.... will anyone care 20 years from now? Will there be any criminal charges? Will there be outrage? Or...... will people just shrug their shoulders and say, "Ya, I knew that 20 years ago, what can we do about it?" That was my intention for bringing up those examples. Today they are fringe, but even if they pan out to be 100% true, what will it really matter? We aren't going to do a damn thing about it.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Well said!

It is sad that we have all this evidence to prove the shenanigans that has been going on, but people like us are just called nutjobs and people go about their business.

It's a shame to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join