It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrageous Crime and Injustice--where is our outrage?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So, the idea for this thread came about as my brother was explaining a History Channel program he watched, and the program led to a heated discussion with one of his college professors. The professor flatly refused to believe anything in the program. Even with the government admitting to the facts, even with the documents becoming declassified and made public, even with the program being aired on network television, the shock and severity was too much for a common university professor to grasp! In short, the government can do whatever it wants, and the more horrid and shocking the crime, the easier it is to get away with, because people can just not grasp the audacity and gruesomeness of a government carrying out experiments and torture and murder intentionally on its own citizens. The common public will just block it from their mind like an abused child suppresses memory, splits their personality, or succumbs to Stockholm Syndrome. Our citizens have become entirely victimized, desensitized, and accepting of their fates.

The program my brother had watched. (I hope. I can't access the link from here, but I think this is it.)

Top 10 Government Crimes from a similar Discovery Channel program. Murder, Genocide, Corruption, and worse!

Some memorable events from around the world that were carried out at the hands of governments, with help from common citizens, and some are still on-going! Keep in mind, the majority of the population supported each of these governments and supported these actions at the time! The majority is not always right, sometimes the majority can be misled to do terrible, terrible things to their counterparts in a society. To name just a few such incidents: Nazi Holocaust, Milosevic in Bosnia, Rwanda (800,000 people murdered in 100 days!), Mao, Pol Pot, Nixon in Vietnam, Charles Taylor in Liberia just to name a few from this century!! These things have all happened right under our noses, in many cases with our support!

Just to keep up with breaking news and current affairs, we can’t forget Kony. For reasons not immediately apparent, it looks like Kony is the media’s newest demon. We’ll have to wait and see how this plays out, and what endgame the governments have in mind, but there is no doubt that evil deeds are ongoing even at this very moment.

So what about things carried out inside the US, that are unbelievable even when admitted to?

The American Government over several decades has admittedly committed unspeakable crimes against citizens of the US, military personnel of the US, poor people in the US, and unsuspecting citizens in other countries.

These things are not myths, nor rumors, nor conspiracy theories, these things are the well-documented and admitted facts. Where is the outrage?

These are documented atrocities without even needing to touch upon more conspiratorial things like Northwood, or 9/11, or Ruby Ridge, or JFK, or Nixon intentionally pro-longing Vietnam, or Waco, TX, or OKC, or the lies prior to Iraq, or any of the other “conspiracy” angles to our government’s atrocities. Even without those things, there are plenty of clear violations, assaults, and outright murders of US citizens, scientists, and military personnel to look into.

We also will not need to discuss the NDAA, the current debate over assassination of US citizens, the erosion of our civil liberties, the indefinite detentions, the sealed, no-knock warrants, the broad definition of “terrorism” or the corruption and cover-ups that lead to things like the USDA racism, or a whistleblower being intimidated, detained, harassed, and robbed by Official FDLE agents to protect another agency from bad press.

I won’t need to discuss Obama’s Fraudulent Birth Certificate, nor his other controversies such as his affiliation with Derrick Bell.

The scary part is, even with so many blatant offenses to the population, and so many lies, and so many conspiracies; we don’t even have to look that far out of the box! The government has already openly admitted to unspeakable atrocities, testing, murders, assassinations, and standards of practice that violate every law and right of every American! The government does not try to hide these things any longer, and they are so shocking that most people scoff at the notion in disbelief! Even University Professors of History, Sociology, and Politics will ignore and ridicule FOIA requests and fully documented offenses! The atrocities are so great that the average citizen cannot grasp the truth of them.

edit on 15-3-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Let’s start with just a few that might ring a bell for some folks. 48 Dangerous Medical Experiments carried out on US citizens and Soldiers without consent or notification.

1995 Dr. Garth Nicolson, uncovers evidence that the biological agents used during the Gulf War had been manufactured in Houston, TX and Boca Raton, Fl and tested on prisoners in the Texas Department of Corrections.

1994 Senator John D. Rockefeller issues a report revealing that for at least 50 years the Department of Defense has used hundreds of thousands of military personnel in human experiments and for intentional exposure to dangerous substances. Materials included mustard and nerve gas, ionizing radiation, psychochemicals, hallucinogens, and drugs used during the Gulf War.

1966 U.S. Army dispenses Bacillus subtilis variant niger throughout the New York City subway system. More than a million civilians are exposed when army scientists drop lightbulbs filled with the bacteria onto ventilation grates.

1956 U.S. military releases mosquitoes infected with Yellow Fever over Savannah, Ga and Avon Park, Fl. Following each test, Army agents posing as public health officials test victims for effects.

1955 The CIA, in an experiment to test its ability to infect human populations with biological agents, releases a bacteria withdrawn from the Army's biological warfare arsenal over Tampa Bay, Fl.

Congressional Subcommittee 173-page Report on Human experimentation of unwilling participants at all levels of society.

Facts, not conspiracies, but admitted facts, crimes, publicized, and nobody made to answer for them.

So, the government has intentionally and knowingly released toxins, virulents, bacteria, and drugs over US population areas, and then posed as other officials to track the effects. It is intentional assault, battery, attempted murder, and murder, as well as Fraud and impersonating government officials. These tests are high-crimes and should be severely punished, but this is only a very small portion of the offenses.

How about the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment?!?!?

399 poor black farmers were DELIBERATELY and actively PREVENTED from medication for syphilis to 'compare' the symptoms with white men with the hypothesis that black men would experience more cardiovascular complications before death, wheras white men would be more prone to neurodegeneration.

Or Intentional STD infections in Guatemala?

U.S. government medical researchers intentionally infected hundreds of people in Guatemala, including institutionalized mental patients, with gonorrhea and syphilis without their knowledge or permission more than 60 years ago.

How about discrediting respected doctors in order to bury their research, or colluding with Monsanto to approve GM foodstuffs, or using espionage tactics against natural farmers? ATS Thread with top 10 proven conspiracies of 2011!

How about Assassinations? Are we assassinating our own leaders, trouble-makers, and scientists that know too much? Of course we are!

Seymour Hersh, Wolf Blitzer coverage of Dick Cheney’s “hit squad.” This stuff isn’t even denied anymore, and it has only been expanded further, and made more open under Obama, and the Republican candidates openly endorse it during the debates! Santorum advocates assassination of scientists.

So, we know they will assassinate American Citizens, as they have done recently, and we know they will assassinate foreign operatives, leaders, and even civilian scientists as they have readily admitted and even celebrated! So, what about other American civilians? Well, let’s look at the fate of several whistle-blowers…

First off, a thread of mine...Whistleblower's home raided by armed FDLE officers!.

Apparently this guy legally recorded conversations with a Congressional Aide, the telephone conversation came after a standard disclaimer that calls to the office may be recorded.

Because of that phone call, and some youtube videos, FDLE and DEP agents raided the home and confiscated all of the evidence he was compiling against the DEP.

This is the second time he has been threatened violently. In 2008 his home was attacked with Automatic gunfire.

Most concerning to me is that he now has a "trespass" warrant for all state-owned lands. How can anyone avoid trespassing on state-owned lands? Especially when his profession is a "swamp-logger." He can no longer make a living, because of the trespass warrant, yet he isn't charged with any crime or wrong-doing? It is also very concerning that the author made a connection from this event to the U.N.'s Agenda 21

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
How about:

Gary Webb…

Webb's "Dark Alliance," a 20,000 word, three-part investigative series alleged that Nicaraguan drug traffickers had sold and distributed crack coc aine in Los Angeles during the 1980s, and that drug profits were used to fund the CIA-supported Nicaraguan Contras. Webb never asserted that the CIA directly aided drug dealers to raise money for the Contras, but he did document that the CIA was aware of the coc aine transactions and the large shipments of coc aine into the U.S. by the Contra personnel. In 2004, Webb was found dead from two gunshot wounds to the head, which the coroner's office judged a suicide.

Julia Davis

Reported a breach of national security at the San Ysidro Port of Entry on 4th of July, 2004. Endured two malicious prosecutions, two false imprisonments, 54 investigations and a Blackhawk helicopter raid of her home by the Department of Homeland Security. In 2010, Department of Homeland Security settled lawsuits brought against the agency by Julia Davis and her family members. More time, manpower and military might was utilized to attack Julia Davis than the number of US Navy SEALS on the ground during the assault of Osama Bin Laden's compound in Pakistan. Warrantless search of the Davis residence lasted longer than the search of Bin Laden's abode.

Two Murdoch Whistleblowers dead.

Of 12 High-profile BP whistle-blowers…

Of the 12 high profile people in question, 9 are mysteriously dead, 1 nearly died in a brutal assassination attempt, 1 is imprisoned under questionable charges, and another has simply disappeared.

Foreclosure Fraud Whistleblower dead morning of testimony.

Update: Holy moley, the initial press reports omitted the key fact: it was Lawrence who turned Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto on to two mid level LPS employees who face up to 30 years in jail each if found guilty. From MSNBC:
Lawrence came forward earlier this month and blew the whistle on the operation, in which title officers Gary Trafford, 49, of Irvine, Calif., and Geraldine Sheppard, 62, of Santa Ana, Calif. — who worked for a Florida processing company used by most major banks to process repossessions — allegedly forged signatures on tens of thousands of default notices from 2005 to 2008.

9/11 Demolition whistleblower dead in one-car accident

and

Dr. Graham, 9/11 whistleblower killed by FBI?

(FBI Agent) Hayes had met with Graham, before 9/11. That had been in Graham’s book “The 9/11 Graham Report” an unpublished and quirky little memoir that someone in Idaho had mailed me. According to multiple sources, Graham was warned not to publish this book several times by the FBI. When he went forward, he was poisoned while travelling alone in a small town in Texas.
Local FBI showed up at the small town hospital and asked doctors in the E.R. why they were trying to save a “crazy” man who had just tried to kill himself. The cardiac surgeon there stopped trying to save Graham, due to the FBI’s intimidation. Meanwhile, back in Graham’s hometown, FBI’s comments implied to the media that Graham attempted suicide

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Did 22 SDI Researchers really commit suicide?

DC Lobbyist and wife of Obama Deputy Director… killed in bizarre, accident where her BMW SUV bumped a garage wall, caught fire, and was engulfed in flames too quickly for her to escape?

That story in particular is very alarming. There was another unconscious female also killed by an unexplained vehicular fire in the same neighborhood, the lobbyist supposedly had “acute alcohol poisoning” which means she ingested a large amount in a very short time-frame, at 4:30 a.m., just prior to beginning her work day, and with her husband and children in the home and unaware? And the cause of the vehicular fire is unexplained, and the best theory is that the antifreeze caught fire due to the heat of the halogen headlights? Really? The antifreeze? There was also another BMW SUV that exploded in the same area, but it was unoccupied and seemingly unrelated?

Let’s not forget the 40 or more Dead Microbiologists and Scientists during the time of the H5N1 fiasco. (Last count had that one over 75 dead, with some estimates as high as 200 related deaths!)

Wiki list of assassinated politicians, but that list needs to be combined with the wiki list of regular folks assassinated in the US like MLK Jr, Malcolm X, and Lee Harvey Oswald. Don’t forget, when you have someone assassinated, you also have to kill the assassin! Then there is This List with the plots to kill the likes of Che Guevara, Qaddafi, Khomeini, Castro (both Fidel an Raul), Charles de Gaulle, Gamal Abdul Nasser, and many others.

Here is a comprehensive report of the debate surrounding state-sponsored assassination, written prior to the current popularity of assassinations!

Of course, there is the more current story of Andrew Breitbart having a heart-attack after meeting a stranger at a bar he frequented and just before releasing a supposedly damning video.

Then, just today, there is a report of US Secret Service supposedly being involved in an assassination attempt in Russia.

It is far too much information to digest, and most of us will just have our eyes glaze over, and even on a place like ATS the gruesomeness and helplessness and sheer boldness of the atrocities governments commit against citizens will be too difficult to swallow. We will watch on like cows in a field as each and every one of us is in turn violated, exploited, experimented on, taken for granted, and eventually killed. We may not all die by two-gunshots to the head in some miraculous suicide. Maybe we will just die from cancer or heart disease that is unknowingly a part of corporate greed, processed foods, refined sugars, and Prescription Drug dependency or abuse. Maybe we will succumb to the stresses of our indebtedness and become criminals ourselves, or maybe we will die of a suicide, or a homicide/suicide as so many people do when confronted with overwhelming stress and grief.

The rigors of our daily grind, and the realism of our lack of control over our own fates will eventually kill all of us, and that is the ultimate assassination: an assassination of will power, the murder of hope, and the shackles binding our very evolution. We have become subjects of governments, religions, corporations, banking cartels, and mind-numbing technology. We are in every way controlled during every second of every day, there is not a single breath of freedom left in any one of us.

Where is the outrage?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
OK folks, that was a difficult cut and paste job, and I may have made some editing mistakes, so please let me know if the OPs need repair. I am at work, and this has been pieced together over several days, but I hope to have at least covered the main points and linked to the pertinent ATS threads previously covering similar material.

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Scary truths are hard to face for a lot of people.... Whether it be about themselves, or their country.

Great idea for a thread though, I like it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SashaHighkick

Thanks Sasha! I think that is the whole problem with these high crimes. People are totally flabbergasted, speechless, helpless, and they have just come to expect it. We are so desensitized to the issue, we now expect to be mistreated and we just take it and roll with it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

First of all....excellent job.

Secondly, I remember hearing about the Gary Webb case a few years back and I'm still trying to wrap my head around how someone can put 2 bullets in their own head.

Third....and not to nitpick or anything.....but you're at work doing this?? Really??

There's a lot of reading there and I'll get to it all when I have more time, but that is a very impressive posting job.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Most of the time, the reaction I get is a subdued shrug, and "Well what can you do?", and responses like that. I know I feel helpless a lot, and that sure makes me angry, I hate feeling like I can't do anything.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

A POS crackhead gets beat down by a bunch of cops in '92, and riots spread across the nation. Conversely, so many people are aware of the erosion of our rights and blatant abuse by our government, and NOTHING is being done about it! Perhaps it's that most people refuse to see the truth right in front of them like the professor talked about in the OP. What about those of us who are able to understand what is going on? Why do we just sit around and complain on the internet, but do essentially nothing to bring those to justice who would commit such high crimes and prevent them from doing so to our successors.

C'mon people, we could at least do this:

Targeting the people who are responsible for such atrocities would be far better though:

edit on 15-3-2012 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Excellent compilation post!

The way I think about the public's response to admitted or suspected wrongdoing by political, corporate and military leaders is similar to the way many people problem-solve. A person is most likely to address an issue when the solution is simple. When the problem arrives in the form of a 24,542-pronged attack, people kind of stick their heads between their legs and kiss their [sic] goodbye.

Yes, there are sheeple. And there are folks like those who frequent ATS trying to tie all of the loose ends together. But that's where the differences stop.

Your Joe-average ATS user can find many things wrong. And they can prophesize from their porch on how we'll all pay dearly. However - and I think this may be at the crux - they accomplish nothing more than "preaching to the choir". That is NOT to say there isn't valuable information exchanged here - there is. But it's all a part of the veil that convinces us we're warriors for truth - and we are. Online.

I found it embarassingly interesting that the second a loosely-organized group began a protest in the form of OWS, the mudslinging began. Members were postulating which dark lord was funding the movement, or that OWS was a front, that OWS was nothing but a bunch of whiners, or it was a bunch of trust-funded hipsters. The gestault of the topic was that it was not supported by a large fraction of ATS. Perhaps closer to the truth is that they were a group of awoken members who didn't even know where to begin, so they began in the streets in an attempted mass-awakening. But because this group had its fair share of ne'er-do-wells (like every single population), it lost any public support it had. Yes, we love allowing a few bad apples to ruin the harvest because snap judgements diminish the inherent complexities of life. We want to know the truth, so we tell ourselves that we know the truth. You see it here every day.

Everyone is ensnared by their fear of losing what [little?] they actually can count as their own. To avoid facing this fear of unknown loss, we collectively tell ourselves there is a quiet, peaceful way out of the turmoil that we simply haven't uncovered yet, or that inciting any kind of violence makes the spirit of the protest no better than the spirit of TPTB.

We're at a crossroads, and we see snippets of evidence every day, where disgruntled citizens form militias, or assert their "free man on the land" sovereignty, or go all-out and spray bullets in a public place because they feel it's the only attention-worthy action. And we all watch how these folks are portrayed.

See what happens to the cow that tries to leave the pasture? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt.

I want to believe in a peaceful way out of this mess. But with skat flying from every direction, I can't tell you I have a much better idea than OWS rank-in-file. I will out-run it for a while, but it will catch up to me and get in my face, just like it will everyone else. I think we all know that the best shot we have coming here is outwitting the competition for a short grace period if it's sincerely going to become a Draconian nightmare.

And just to balance my pessimism,

Lather, rinse, repeat.

edit on 3/15/2012 by chasingbrahman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Third....and not to nitpick or anything.....but you're at work doing this?? Really??

That's why it took a few days to compile, and is a little choppy in places. I did it between a thousand other interruptions..... and furthermore, I do work for the government afterall!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
National Geographic Video - CIA Secret Experiments

I think that is a link to the program my brother watched prior to his argument with the professor, but I'm not entirely sure, and the link is blocked from this computer. Check it out if you can.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Another Whistleblower link I forgot to put in the OP, and it is one of my own threads and a local story here in my area!

...Whistleblower's home raided by armed FDLE officers!.

I edited it back in. Apparently this guy witnessed a state agency dumping harmful things in the swamp, then he got a Congressional Aid to admit to it, got it all on tape... legally, and then the state used Law Enforcement Officers to seize all the evidence, destroy the man's business, and even bar him from entering any state-owned lands! But hey, at least he lived to tell about it, others haven't been so lucky.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Great info, OP.

I often find myself thinking "why do we allow this to happen when EVERYONE knows what's going on?" The only answer I ever come up with is this- When people get tired enough, I mean REALLY tired of th BS, then we'll truely see some action"

We all sit around shocked and angry when it seems like this info comes out and 9 out of 10 people just press on like they didn't hear it. But is it really so shocking? No. Some people probably think "if they really are doing something wrong, someone will do something about it." But who is this mysterious "someone" who will do the job. Some people probably feel like right now, these issues are not a priority. More concerned with feeding and supporting their families.

Who knows why we do what we do? The one thing I do know is that when humans as a whole, get tired of it all, the lies, the blood, the deaths...THAT is when the spit will have hit the fan.

and THAT is what I am waiting for as I sit hear listening to the various news story of the day

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineFem

That's the problem. I live a very comfortable life, I am happy the majority of the time, and the occasional injustice or annoyance affects me, but it is minor in comparison to my lifestyle, so I ignore it. I love my wife, and kids, and parents, and friends, and job, etc.

So, until something drastic, like the Lobbyist story, or FDLE story happens to me, I won't make any waves. Now, if fate ever comes to my doorstep and an obvious tragedy strikes, I'll be prepared to martyr myself, but on that day, I will only be one man, I probably won't be able to make any major headaches for TPTB.

So, we are lulled with comforts, lulled with conveniences, and then when we are finally driven to the edge, we are either discredited or contained, and our impacts are limited.

This is why I'm afraid we really are doomed. I know I'm willing to stand up and defend my family to the end of the Earth, but as long as my family is comfortable, I won't sacrifice their happiness for my own morality or injustice, and if my family becomes a victim, I'll be a lone and desperate man easy to contain. TPTB know these types of things, and they know what they can get away with, and they have so many tools, and so many processes to keep us under control. As I type this, I'm reminded of the movie, "Devil's Advocate," where Pacino plays the Devil and no matter how often he is defeated, he just resets the game and tries another approach.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

EXACTLY. This isn't about WHO does it because truthfully, we ALL do it to some point. This website is specifically geared towards those who have a voice that needs to be heard by like minded individuals. That's the great thing about this website. You can definately get some stuff off your chest/rant/complain/point out errors or whatever else you need to try to bring some part of sanity into your life.

I think some people are just getting impatient with the wait. The wait to join the masses of discontent world citizens ready to force change. In many ways it will be a beautiful revolution...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineFem

I think some people are just getting impatient with the wait. The wait to join the masses of discontent world citizens ready to force change. In many ways it will be a beautiful revolution...

True, and the change is certainly necessary and justified, but wishing for it also means wishing for an end to our comfy lifestyles, and wishing for death and despair on many people. It is a double-edged sword.

Personally, I don't think the time is right yet, and my only wish to see it hurry up and arrive is to save my children from having to face-down the demons we leave for them. I want to be responsible for cleaning up my own mess, I don't want to leave it to future generations, but then again, I don't want to see them suffer now or suffer later, so I guess it makes no difference except for now I am here to help!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Decades later, cold war secret revealed.

CIA Releases secrets of the Cold War

That second link has some more interesting reading about Assassination plots and such.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The outrage doesn't exist because as long as it's not affecting everyone, it's okay with the public, until it happens to them. We all stand there and watch thinking, "glad that's not me!"

<<   2  3  4 >>

join