It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE GUARDIAN: Secret Assad Emails Expose Syrian Leader's Inner Circle- IRAN.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Just heard this on Fox-
They didn't elaborate on it (as it's news to them!)
But,
The Guardian UK Just Broke With This:

Secret Assad Emails Lift Lid on Life of Syrian Leader's Inner Circle!

Bashar al-Assad took advice from Iran on how to handle the uprising against his rule, according to a cache of what appear to be several thousand emails received and sent by the Syrian leader and his wife.

The messages, which have been obtained by the Guardian, are said to have been intercepted by members of the opposition Supreme Council of the Revolution group between June and early February. The documents, which emerge on the first anniversary of the rebellion that has seen more than 8,000 Syrians killed, paint a portrait of a first family remarkably insulated from the mounting crisis and continuing to enjoy a luxurious lifestyle.

The emails also appear to show that:
• Assad established a network of trusted aides who reported directly to him through his "private" email account – bypassing both his powerful clan and the country's security apparatus. • Assad made light of reforms he had promised in an attempt to defuse the crisis, referring to "rubbish laws of parties, elections, media".
• A daughter of the emir of Qatar, Hamid bin Khalifa al-Thani, this year advised Mr and Mrs Assad to leave Syria and suggested Doha may offer them exile.
• Assad sidestepped extensive US sanctions against him by using a third party with a US address to make purchases of music and apps from Apple's iTunes. • A Dubai-based company, al-Shahba, with a registered office in London is a key conduit for Syrian government business and private purchases of Mrs Assad.

LINK TO THE GUARDIAN ARTICLE: (it's on the front page now)
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 14-3-2012 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

I think most people- especially us here on ATS- 'knew' that Syria and Iran have been in cahoots,
but these emails look like they might take it to another level-

and just when ya thought the world stage couldn't get anymore ridiculous.
SMH

(dammit MURPHEY!
)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I thought it could have been about Obama and his wife and, or about Zarcozy and his wife and their expensive shopping sprees and vaccations there for a bit...funny the parallels

Ony real difference: Syria hasn't been conquered by zionazi bankers yet

General Wesly Clark said in his interviews a few years ago re the list of countries slated for ZionaziAlCIAduhization, that Syria was on the list....I guess it is..as is iran of course
edit on 14-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
My first reaction when I saw this news was: no surprise here, but DAMMIT!! why did you have to release such useless piece of information?!! Now the Syrian government has every right to turn off the internet completely. -.-

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Its hard to rush to judgment these days with threads like those below only days old

Workers Resigning At Al Jazeera Stating False Stories About Libya And Syria

CNN BUSTED! STAGED FAKE SYRIA NEWS

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

I think most people- especially us here on ATS- 'knew' that Syria and Iran have been in cahoots,
but these emails look like they might take it to another level-

''Us here on ATS''???????????

Speak for yourself. Most here know about MSM manipulation, and we also know a lot about people trying to steer opinion here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
the nice and liberal guardian,um.the opposite side of the same coin as the daiy mail-the same coin non the less.don't believe a word of it.given to the guardian by m.i.6 more like.are our governments setting up the chess pieces for amageddon or what.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So they have gone from hacking phones to government emails across the pond now?

In July 2011, charges about tactics used by News of the World, a British newspaper owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation, erupted into a scandal that led to the paper’s closing and put Mr. Murdoch and the tabloid culture he represents under unprecedented scrutiny.

topics.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
hmmm
no D notice?
can't be too important then

new topics

top topics

join