It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emails from dead man’s account helping family and friends find closure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

When Jack Froese, 32, died of a heart arrhythmia in June 2011, he left behind a number of grieving friends and family members. But the BBC reports that several mysterious posthumous emails from Froese's account have brought some happiness and closure to those who were closest to him.

Last November, five months after Froese's death, his childhood best friend Tim Hart received an email from Froese's account.

"One night in November, I was sitting on my couch, going through my emails on my phone and it popped up, 'sender: Jack Froese.' I turned ghost white when I read it," Hart told the BBC. "It was very quick and short but to a point that only Jack and I could relate on."

The email had the subject heading, "I'm Watching." While the text of the message itself read, "Did you hear me? I'm at your house. Clean your f***ing attic!!!".

link

I did a search on the title and found no matches.

I thought that I would share this creepy story with everyone.

This gave me the willy's.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

There was the video in the story on Youtube. I was going to post it but the user took it down.
edit on 14-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
or someone is pulling an epic prank;

www.ghoststories.ws...

seems g-mail is more than it seems?
edit on 14-3-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

edit on 14-3-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Could be.

But I figured what the hell. It is'nt any different from anybody else's stories here on ATS.

It still gives me the willy's

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The email had the subject heading, "I'm Watching." While the text of the message itself read, "Did you hear me? I'm at your house. Clean your f***ing attic!!!".

Well... Sounds like it was the mother faking the emails...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

What are the chances that a grieving family member or friend stumbled upon old, SAVED, emails that never were released on this guy's computer? Then they took it upon themselves to send the messages to bring closure?? More likely I think...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
My sister, who died last year, had her yahoo account hijacked. I kept getting spam from her after she had passed away. The first time it happened, it gave me the willies because she had just passed.
Of course, I figured out what had happened and had to laugh. She was so bad about sending me chain mails and spammy stuff when she was alive. Guess she just couldn't quit.

I miss her

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Froese's cousin Jimmy McGraw also claims to have received a posthumous email from Froese, warning him about an ankle injury that occurred after his cousin's death.

It seems that if it was a prank it would probably have to be someone close to his family, or one of his family members.

Unless someone took the time to go through all of the families online records. That is if his cousin talked about his ankle online

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
They could check the source code. If the message came from a Windows PC the guy could well be in purgatory.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I'll you what, I'm going to clean my attic asap!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

If you notice.

His attic does seem pretty darn clean

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
They could check the source code. If the message came from a Windows PC the guy could well be in purgatory.

Star for the good joke!

Let's run with this for a bit, just for fun if you want. Lots of assumptions, of course, but...

What if it's true? In a discussion recently on "The Other Side" and where it might be, a person said, "It's as close as your TV set." The idea that there is a higher dimension to which we depart upon death, one made of finer stuff, is not a new one. Obviously science does not accept the idea and 'practical' people dismiss it outright. But this is ATS, so let's say that idea of "as close as your TV set" means that the next dimension is physically very near, but beyond our senses, both human and machine-generated.

If this is really true, there's got to be a scientific basis for it. It's just that science hasn't yet figured it out. 150 years ago science would have laughed at quarks, branes, and string theory and called it religious mumbo jumbo, so there's no reason to assume science has it exactly right today.

Today memory is essentially free. You can get a gigabyte key fob at any convention with a company logo on it for free. The amount of room a given chunk of memory takes is almost infinitely smaller than it was a couple of decades ago thanks to Moore's Law. So the energy it takes to flip a bit isn't very much. Now if the energy it takes to flip a bit gets low enough that it passes the threshold of the difference between the two worlds were talking about here, then you have the potential, at least, for communication. And if you get someone knowledgeable on the other side who deems it worthwhile, you might have the basis for a conversation.

It might seem like a b-grade movie plot, but just for S & G's it might be an interesting avenue to pursue.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm working on a logo for a group that is given access to your facebook account by you while you're still living, and that upon notification of your death they release all previously held messages to one's family and friends from the deceased person's account.
edit on 14/3/2012 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well the universe is truly a strange place, and I follow your logic. As to the reality beyond, and the question of conscious existence 'on the other side', I find this type of thing a little more compelling:

Near-death experiences are real, and we have the proof, say scientists

Blind people see during NDEs

(Haven't yet heard reports of 'the keyboard at the end of the tunnel'...)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here is a Link to video about the story

I guess there is a strong possibility that this story has a plausible explanation, but sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I did a thread on this 2 days ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting stuff, but has to be his mom doing it I think!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join