It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald trumps Sons hunting photos

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Originally posted by caf1550
I know the Tiger is, Lions are not, nor are Leopards or Cheetahs, Jaguars na

I'm wondering where you get your information from?

Tiger, Leopard, Cheetah, and Jaguar

www.earthsendangered.com...

The only ones you got correct were the lion and tiger.

edit on 15-3-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

By the only ones I got correct are you meaning the ones that are endangered?

because yes the Tiger is, the leopard is threatened but not listed as endangered,

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org... The Tiger is listed as endangered

en.wikipedia.org...

Lion listed as vulnerable but not endangered

en.wikipedia.org...

Again Near Threatened but not endangered.

The only one that is infact endangered is the Tiger and its subspecies, yes the rest are either Near Threatened or Threatened but defenitley not endangered.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

We are not talking poaching - - - but you just had to throw that in there - - what? For the drama effect?

Unless you are in the financial level of the Trumps - - - I doubt your pittance would pay for one tagging outing.

It is what it is. And what it is - is reality.

It takes money - - a lot of money to maintain wild animal habitats.

I don't even pretend to Romanticize the need for money - - and how to get "best bang for the buck".

So - - can the emotional responses.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

So you take wikipedia.com over earthsendangered.com?

No wonder.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Why do they feel the need to kill defenseless animals with guns?

If you think elephants, crocodiles, water bo's, and leopards are "defenseless", then I'm guessing you've never stared one down.

there is 7billlion humans on this planet. every animal is defenceless.

YOU go wrestle 'em then! You can bet I'M not going to - I'll just drop 'em in their tracks.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PushEject
Here are the facts:

People who hunt animals with guns are pussies. That is not an opinion, they really are pussies. I have no respect for someone who is coward enough to shoot an animal that has no idea they are in the crosshairs from a safe distance. This is why hunting is not a sport as a sport entails that both sides have an equal chance of victory. (Except when the Heat play the Wizards).

Work with what God/Aliens/Evolution gave you like the animals do and take on these beasts with your bare hands then I will call you hunters, but for now you are just big pussies.

People go toe to toe, bare knuckles and boot heels, with those "defenseless" animals several times a year around here. Those people have a name. they're called "corpses".

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

BTW....if you read what I was replying to, you'd realize that I was only replying to a poster saying that certain big cats are NOT endangered when they certainly ARE.

Not that I care one iota if the Trump brats go hunting or not.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Whats so wrong about that, it shows Conservation facts, not everything on wikipedia is actually a lie as you may think.

Most things that are common place are researched before they are put on there.

earthsendangered.com? This is an exact quote from that website

Although listed and protected, the leopard is actually doing well in the wild with the latest population estimated at over 500,000 worldwide.

Hmm protected, NOT ENDANGERED.

looks like that site also uses wikipedia for its refrences

More Links about the Jaguar - Wikipedia:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

earthsendangered.com? This is an exact quote from that website

Although listed and protected, the leopard is actually doing well in the wild with the latest population estimated at over 500,000 worldwide.

Hmm protected, NOT ENDANGERED.

When did the words "listed" escape you?

When they say "listed" on the endagered list, that means they are listed as endangered.

Maybe this will help?

The following is a list of all endangered animals.

Hmmm....a list of all ENDANGERED animals. Mkay?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Hellas

our ancestors use to hunt and kill and eat mammoth, whats the difference between those and elephants.

Good for him and took down some of the toughest most dangerous game that you can hunt.

The animals he hunted are in no way defenseless, they are some of the most dangerous game in the world to hunt.

Im and avid hunter and enjoy it, theres nothing that brings you back to how your ancestors felt then tracking and taking down game, I dont waste the meat I use it.

Who are all of you who say that this is disgusting, people have lived off of meat for thousands of years, lived off of hunting. People are happy with a prized kill, big deal. You would be happy to if you just took down a 1600lb water buffalo or a leopard that could have killed you if you missed your shot.

Its disgusting the amount people judge someone they don't even know,

edit on 15-3-2012 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

So many wrong things with your statements.
First of all, our ancestors had to hunt because they didnt have meat readily available to them. Fortunate for most of us, we do. I have nothing against hunting and as a matter of fact I love being out in nature and hunting for my own food. Let's call it what it is, the Trump kid is boasting the fact that he is rich and privilaged and was able to take down a few exotic animals. Couldn't going out to the mountains and taking out a few elk or deer be a better option? Of course not, its all about being able to boast at the end.

The animals that he hunted are endangered or getting there due to poachers and the ever growing civilization that are pushing out these animals out of their habitat. I saw a show on National Geographic regarding lions not being able to survive in the wild anymore due to being driven out by villages that are expanding. Cant go one way cause a herd of water buffalo is ready to kill them, cant go the other way cause villagers are ready to shoot them. Oh and on top of that watch out for the poachers and hunters. An no, I wouldnt be happy taking out a lion or buffalo unless he came stampeding at me in the city. Im not going where he lives to invade their space. That is their home, not mine.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

More informational links does NOT equal references. Just to set the record straight.

Also...I don't know why we are discussing jaguars as they aren't even in Africa.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
i've got nothing against hunting for food.
but to kill these animals, just for fun? or whatever thrill they get.. isn't that boarderline psychotic behavior?
get rid of the words sport and game.. cause it's anything but when the other side doesn't know it's playing.

and giving them to the villagers.. well i'm happy it wasn't a complete waste with them rotting in the field.. but that makes it ok?
it's not like they went "hey let's do something good for this village and get them some food".. no it was more; "ok we slayed these beast.. that was fun, i'm done. minus well atleast give this crap to the locals"

and why did it seem such a delicacy for those locals to be sooo thankful for? they can't hunt them for food themselves? they're reserved for the rich to come hunt for fun?

*and yeah, it makes me feel so much better that they're not endangered, and only threatened
*i thought the elephant was endangered or protected?
atleast they didn't kill any rhino's (or atleast were smart enough to not post pictures if they did.. which i wouldn't be overly surprised about)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

according to the IUCN Red List

Species are classified in nine groups, set through criteria such as rate of decline, population size, area of geographic distribution, and degree of population and distribution fragmentation.Extinct (EX) - No individuals remaining.
Extinct in the Wild (EW) - Known only to survive in captivity, or as a naturalized population outside its historic range.
Critically Endangered (CR) - Extremely high risk of extinction in the wild.
Endangered (EN) - High risk of extinction in the wild.
Vulnerable (VU) - High risk of endangerment in the wild.
Near Threatened (NT) - Likely to become endangered in the near future.
Least Concern (LC) - Lowest risk. Does not qualify for a more at risk category. Widespread and abundant taxa are included in this category.
Data Deficient (DD) - Not enough data to make an assessment of its risk of extinction.
Not Evaluated (NE) - Has not yet been evaluated against the criteria.[6]

The leopard falls under the Near Threatened catergory and not the endangered catergory

en.wikipedia.org...

The Tiger and Snow Leopard fall under the Endangered species list, while the Lion is Vulnerable and the Jaguar and Leopard are Near Threatened, far from endangered though

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

More informational links does NOT equal references. Just to set the record straight.

Also...I don't know why we are discussing jaguars as they aren't even in Africa.

actually when the site says

Reference Links Jaguar - Wikipedia
Id consider that a reference link wouldn't you

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Are you saying that the earthsendangered.com site get's it's endangered species information from wikipedia?

That is what a reference is.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

it obvisiously says, and i qoute

Reference Links Jaguar - Wikipedia

clearly shows they use wikipedia

maybe to you that means something else though

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Funny how you can bash hunting yet have a Predator as your avatar.

I guess if we were hunting humans with laser beams attached to our heads that would be ok for you.

OH DAMN!! Ok you got me man... Im really an intergalactic alien big game hunter that hunts humans for sport, But only those with guns and never pregnant women.

You waskaly wabbits have uncovered my ploy to undermine hunting so me and my clan can holiday here in peace and hunt to our hearts content........

The Predator is a fictional character from a movie genius and an Avatar is not always literal. Its a SYMBOL, and you would have to know me and my interpretation of said symbol to understand what it conveys. I guess simple minds see simple things but on to the topic.

As for arrows. Im sure 99% of the hunters that actually DO hunt with bow and arrow use compound bows or crossbows and have either carbon fiber arrows with tungsten heads. Or alloy arrows with stainless steel heads. Never seen an army of rednecks in cammo gear sporting a 2m long wooden bow and wooden arrows in tights running through the forest hunting Deer or Boar and sometime Rabbits, Which is what bows are manly used for.

Your arguments are weak....but this does not surprise me.

Also my stance on hunting for food has been documented.

edit on 15-3-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hunting is an expensive and time consuming sport.

Big game hunting is especially so, and has always been a activity mainly for the elite.

If they can afford to fly around the world and take down big game, I say more power to them. Especially if they were NOT poaching, hunting illegally, or leaving the carcasses as waste. Supposedly they gave the meat to local villages.

I seriously doubt the locals have an easy time taking down beasts with spears and bows, I'm sure they were greatful.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I don't see the problem with this. On the article it says "If the Trumps want to help villagers, they have plenty of resources at their disposal.", well that's OBVIOUSLY not the only reason they wanted to hunt. It was just a benefit they got out of it. They went hunting, and donated the meat to the local villagers. And people are like "Like cat and elephant meat?!" well I honestly don't think the villagers care. I'm sure the villagers eat those types of animals when ever they are fortunate enough to kill one.

Hunters are usually the most conservation-minded people and have the most respect for the wilderness. I don't know if you've ever seen Swamp People, but those Cajuns kill dangerous alligators, have fun doing it, and eat and sell the meat. What's wrong with that? These Trump kids took out some dangerous animals, and it might have saved some villagers lives. They also had fun doing it, and donated the meat.

I'm personally glad my country is full of responsible hunters who are keeping endangered animals alive and keeping feral hog populations down. And so what if they turn that cat into a coat or a rug? It's better than just leaving it out there to rot. Hunting is how our ancestors survived, and it's how some of us survive to this day.

People need to stop getting all flustered over stuff like this. Really? Looking at a dead cat makes you sick? What about the beheading videos from the Middle East? Or the Mexican Cartels who WE SHARE A BORDER WITH? People getting tased to death, homes getting foreclosed and the poverty on our own doorstep? People who think these hunting pictures are wrong make ME sick.

ETA: Also, all of these animals shot and killed received a better death than what you people eat and buy from supermarkets and McDonalds. I'd rather have a shot to the heart. Or perhaps you anti-hunters would rather live and die like this? www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-3-2012 by StopFearMongering because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Not a good public image especially the cheetah they killed. I thought they were endangered.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What a loser....good post OP

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join