It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 6.8 Japan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This Dutch-Sinse (non-sense) gets posted everywhere, it seems, and he is still maintaining that it was officially a 7.4 earthquake.

As for the data analysis on the sun's activity vs. earthquake activity, It would seem much more preferable to compare CME or geomagnetic storm activity to earthquake data, as sunspots are merely giant tornadoes that stay on the surface of the Sun and there is not always a direct correlation to solar flares. Does anyone disagree?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Also, you would want to take into consideration the angle and impact of CME's. Those not delivering a blow to the Earth would of course prove irrelevant information in testing if there is a correlation.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This was posted on ATS on the 12th of March 2012.

Just a day before the EQ.

VOLCANO_ERUPTION

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by MamaJ

I predict there will be an F3 tornado in the midwest in the next month.

And you are telling me.... WHY?

That has nothing to do with the topic... but why care!

Some days I have no patience for people.... like today.

I see New Zealand just had a 5.0.... Japan and New Zealand really need a break!
edit on 14-3-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Because its so hard to predict an earthquake where earthquakes commonly appear

Tell me another one Sylvia Brown........

edit on 14-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Because its so hard to predict an earthquake where earthquakes commonly appear

Tell me another one Sylvia Brown........

edit on 14-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Love ya man...but ok.

Let's prove your hypothesis. Starting when you reply, or via a new thread, YOU post a prediction that a 6+ quake will occur within 40 hours.

I'm not hating at all. I'm curious to see the results.

Go.
edit on 14-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

lol

Someone hits the lottery eventually

I'm just sayinnnnnnnnn

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I predict an 8.41 or 8.43 earthquake in California this year or sometime early next year.

I also predict Kenny Loggins will write a new hit album which will take the grammy's by storm and will be the start of a resurgence in yacht rock, hawaiian shirt wearing and an a 30% increase in prostitution.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I live in Tokyo. There has been talk of a major earthquake striking directly under Tokyo/Tokyo bay for the last few months. According to Tokyo University, there is a 70% chance within 4 years.

Last night after the two earthquakes, the JMA gave an eerie announcement to "take caution for the next week"

www.youtube.com... This is a video of them saying it. Sorry, but it's only in Japanese.

Last night the news also interviewed several people, most claiming they felt shaking of a vertical motion, not horizontal. This is very dangerous. The interviews were cut from the morning news.

Recently, they have also announced exactly where will shake the hardest, which areas are at risk for tsunami, that the fault line is 10km more shallow than previously thought, and emergency routes. Why would they release this kind of information suddenly, now?

Thousands of tiny tiny earthquakes have been happening underneath Tokyo since 3.11 which has lead seismologists to this conclusion. Now most larger home center/department stores have big earthquake preparedness sections that were never there through last year and definitely not before 3.11 except for during September, Japan's earthquake preparedness month.

It is easy to say that Tokyo will be struck with the "big one" sooner than later, just by reading between the lines.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by samtr0n
I live in Tokyo. There has been talk of a major earthquake striking directly under Tokyo/Tokyo bay for the last few months. According to Tokyo University, there is a 70% chance within 4 years.

Last night after the two earthquakes, the JMA gave an eerie announcement to "take caution for the next week"

www.youtube.com... This is a video of them saying it. Sorry, but it's only in Japanese.

Last night the news also interviewed several people, most claiming they felt shaking of a vertical motion, not horizontal. This is very dangerous. The interviews were cut from the morning news.

Recently, they have also announced exactly where will shake the hardest, which areas are at risk for tsunami, that the fault line is 10km more shallow than previously thought, and emergency routes. Why would they release this kind of information suddenly, now?

Thousands of tiny tiny earthquakes have been happening underneath Tokyo since 3.11 which has lead seismologists to this conclusion. Now most larger home center/department stores have big earthquake preparedness sections that were never there through last year and definitely not before 3.11 except for during September, Japan's earthquake preparedness month.

It is easy to say that Tokyo will be struck with the "big one" sooner than later, just by reading between the lines.

I see you just had another 5.1!! My brother is over there and said he felt the one last night, paused, and they continued drinking...no big deal. I do worry though and hope you all stay safe!!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Earthquake Details This event has been reviewed by a seismologist. Magnitude 5.1 Date-Time Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 19:20:18 UTC Friday, March 16, 2012 at 04:20:18 AM at epicenter Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones Location 35.794°N, 139.213°E Depth 99.9 km (62.1 miles) Region NEAR THE SOUTH COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN Distances 50 km (31 miles) WNW of TOKYO, Japan 53 km (32 miles) NW of Yokohama, Honshu, Japan 58 km (36 miles) ENE of Kofu, Honshu, Japan 67 km (41 miles) S of Maebashi, Honshu, Japan Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 11.9 km (7.4 miles); depth +/- 8 km (5.0 miles) Parameters NST=255, Nph=279, Dmin=123.6 km, Rmss=1 sec, Gp= 83°, M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=5 Source Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D) Location: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D) Event ID usb0008hu0

edit on 15-3-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just for info, I have been listening to the chat after the 5.2 this evening. Many people are telling of a Brontide sound just before this hit. They are now too scared to sleep. They had 4 warnings in one hour.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tzavros
Just for info, I have been listening to the chat after the 5.2 this evening. Many people are telling of a Brontide sound just before this hit. They are now too scared to sleep. They had 4 warnings in one hour.

Oh how sad....

What kind of sound do you mean? Like a wind sound?

Also, what do you mean by 4 warnings? What kind of warnings? Sirens going off or something?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It is their early warning system, it beeps when a quake is coming in.
The sound heard was like deep thunder. It must be horrible for them if they have been told a big quake is coming.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

be safe,

those who havent evac Japan yet!

ps - where next?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tzavros
It is their early warning system, it beeps when a quake is coming in.
The sound heard was like deep thunder. It must be horrible for them if they have been told a big quake is coming.

Oh..ok ...

I thought maybe it was similar to the sirens that go off here to warn us of Tornadoes. That's a spooky sound too!

I can't imagine how Japan feels.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I know this is it a late reply, sorry haha.

Just responding to your opinion which is very fair.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join