It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid Fault Region: Area Residents Noticing Sulfur Smells In Arkansas And Missouri

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I live in MO about 1 mile from the Mississippi... about 25 miles south of STL .. and i have not smelled anything ... i have been to Yellowstone so i know what sulfur smells like...

Quit fear mongering we know its gonna go off at some point and there is nothing you or I can do about it... Same with cali or anything else.. there is no being prepared... most houses around the New Madrid will all be demolished .... if you ever been to this area you can see the bluffs on each side of the river were it USE to run and may again ..

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

Fair enough and I accept the criticism to do more research on the subject.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Anyone able to help explain/link the NMSZ and Pacific Cascadia Fault line off California? Still wondering about this..

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoEskiMo

Thank you MountainGirl. And to the disbelievers of me or anyone else who tells of visions, I understand, and then the message is not for you. Leave what you do not need behind. It can be a bit tormenting knowing you are not what is considered the "norm" and fearing to tell what you have seen, or heard-because of redicule. I did not know this was "not normal" until I was about 10 years old. It is a story in itself. I actually came to this site hoping to see the possibility of others experiencing similar things. I chose to tell this vision to ATS, after holding it in for so long, because I feel it is time. And I bucked up preparing for redicule. Sometime it makes life easier for others to redicule, because "they" feel "they" will shame me into a form of submission, and it allows "these people" to feel superior for publically rediculing another.
As far as the volcanoes go-yes there are dormant volcanoes in Arkansas-it is easy to research this. They are not extinct. As I have stated in another thread-the way there is a Hot Springs, AR with hot springs bubbling up is a dormant volcano, it left a large opening where it rained down into for 1000 years(I think or more than 100). It is not extinct, it is sleeping/dormant. There too is a volcano is Texas, this one is only viable for a reappearance is there is the super-volcanic effect in play.
And to the poster who said something about a car and sulfur smells and then meth-when a catalytic converter goes out on older model cars, it smells like rotten eggs.
edit on 14-3-2012 by MoEskiMo because: typos

There are no active or dormant volcanoes in Arkansas. There has been no volcanic activity in the state since the Cretaceous. And no volcanoes erupted near the New Madrid area in 1812. The geology of the area is extremely clear on this point. The facts on the ground are very, very clear.
edit on 15-3-2012 by AngryCymraeg because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2012 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
reply to post by pasiphae

Blech parts of Louisiana smell of paper mills and it is not like sulfur, I believe sulfur smells like a just lit match, paper mills smell like poop!!!

yeah, i remember it smelling pretty darn bad. overwhelming sulfur can make you wanna puke too so i wasnt sure. it's been 15 years since i smelled it and just remember it was awful. i do know sulfur smells like a match and my ex husbands mothers house used to smell like that. it was so awful i HATED staying there. she would try to cover the smell with cherry candles. i don't know how they managed to live there as long as they did. she had well water and lived near a lake in texas.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

I never stated volcanoes erupted in 1812. Never.

And before them, Native Americans revered the region’s natural springs for their healing powers. Most of the world’s hot springs are fueled by hot magma deep underground, but the volcanic activity that brought Murfreesboro’s diamonds to the surface was the last igneous activity in now-dormant Arkansas.
copied from www.earthmagazine.org...

Yes. Arkansas is the one of four places in North America where diamonds are mined, and the only place open to the public, and the diamonds found there are in a lamproite vein; that is, they are found in an extinct volcanic pipe at the Crater of Diamonds State Park

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

www.minsocam.org...

More information about dormant and one extinct volcano in Arkansas.
As I said earlier, if you do your research you can find this information.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
This is just a hunch but maybe it will happen on 3/22? It's the number of Skull and Bones and we know TPTB are obsessed with numerology and making sure historic events happen on certain numerical dates. The date is in close enough proximity to the sulfur smells and it provides a motive behind the recent resignations (they know what's going to happen and needed time to prepare).

edit on 14-3-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

No I think this number is representing different factions like a military squadron number per example. Its possible there's hundreds of branches but 322 being the "out of control richer kid" one than others whom prefer staying anonymous perhaps. All speculatively speaking of course.
edit on 16-3-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiTwin

Fair enough and I accept the criticism to do more research on the subject.

Wow, that was very nice! I am impressed

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Dr. Alexey Dmitriev ( just write in his name in google search and you can get his paper) warns that the sun and the whole solar system is entering a neighboring turbulent cloud or bubble of highly charged plasma which is causing all the big earthquakes , big tornadoes, big carrington effect soon from big CMEs while melting the ice caps and zeroing out our magnetic field protecting us from the lethal radiation in outer space. Soon we will have a new kind of sun with its accompanying changed planets- including a changed earth to live with. Dmetriev says that the real big earthquakes' cause is in the "stuff" seeping into protective bubble around the solar system . The sun is now greatly agitated and its flares and CMEs are reducing or draining the earth's magnetism. Earthquakes are electrical and a stellar size EMP will trigger the New Madrid Megaquake. So, its not Al Gore's Carbon Credits and Human Activity making the poles melt-it's the sun and it's corona getting hotter and brighter.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I never stated volcanoes erupted in 1812. Never.

Sorry, that bit was for someone else. Waslookingquietly I think.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

www.minsocam.org...

More information about dormant and one extinct volcano in Arkansas.
As I said earlier, if you do your research you can find this information.

Please, please, read your sources. The story you link to dates back to 1929 and purely refers to volcanic deposits from long-extinct volcanoes. It mentions the Tertiary age for a start, which covers from 65 million to 1.8 million years ago. There are no dormant volcanoes in Arkansas, just the remains of very extinct ones.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Evidently Washington, D.C. smells pretty bad today, the article says it smells like decomposing bodies. They're guessing it's pollen. Isn't Washington DC close to the 5+ quake epicenter from awhile back? Are there any "extinct" volcanoes in the area?

www.myfoxdc.com...
edit on 3/16/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

pollen???
since when does pollen smell like decomposing bodies?? they expect people to believe that?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i looked it up and they say it might be due to the ornamental pear trees in bloom (which do have a pretty strong smell) along with heat and cloud cover. i'm not sure how many pear trees they have in that area but i know they are blooming early (i have one in my yard).

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Here's a different account that I just found by Googling: "1811-1812 New Madrid volcanic eruption'.
pasadena.wr.usgs.gov...

I hadn't read this one before. Apparently there was more than one volcano! I thought it was different accounts of the same volcano! The one I read before was, if I remember right, on the border of Arkansas & Missouri.

If you go to the end of the article, it gives this location as the TN, NC border. Even the latitude & longitude are there. About 40 miles east of Knoxville.
Still looking for the other one. I'll edit this post & put it in when I find it.
WOQ

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The Tennesse border with North Carolina... not on the New Madrid fault map.
Maybe the google search you found was mistaken about location.

source
edit on 16-3-2012 by MissPoovey because: source link

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

Hmmm!
Does anyone from TN know if there is a place that is still called Spear's Mountain? That was supposed to be the volcano that erupted.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Couldn't edit to add. Said my 4 hours had expired, even though it hasn't!
From the 1811-1812 New Madrid earthquake newspaper accounts:

1.)"The country from New Madrid to the
Grand Prairie is very much torn to pieces, and the Little Prairie almost entirely [illegible].
It was reported when our informants left the country, that some Indians who were in
search of other Indians who were lost, had returned and stated that they had discovered
a volcano at the head of the Arkansas, by the light of which they traveled three days
and nights."

2.)"On the margin of several of our rivers pumice and other volcanic matter is found.
At the base of some of the highest of the black mountains, stone covers the earth,
bearing marks of the violent action of fire, Within [illegible] miles of the great Osage
village on the head waters of that river, and [illegible] from this town, it is said that a
volcano had ceased to burn for the last three years, and it is thought to have now broke
out in some quarter of our country."

3.)"Were we to hazard a conjecture of our own, it would be, that the convulsion
had its source on the Missouri country; for it is well known to some, that, at a distance of
about 1300 miles up that river, there exists a volcanic mountain, lying ten computed
leagues above its northern bank, and which is frequently in a state of eruption – and it is
from, this cause the pumice stones so often found floating down that and the Mississippi
river."

There are more, but It's after 1 AM here, & I've spent enough time going through pages & pages of accounts!

Source: www.eas.slu.edu...

WOQ

edit on 17-3-2012 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I don't know what your source was looking at. 20 yards isn't a very large volcanic crater and there are no other references at all to an eruption there at that time.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join