It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid Fault Region: Area Residents Noticing Sulfur Smells In Arkansas And Missouri

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
One day it will happen and when it does, it may cause a chain reaction of events worldwide,. So that would not be good even for people outside the continent. We are talking about a serious fault of the Earth's crust.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by siluriancryptic
reply to post by Red Cloak

Dr. Alexey Dmitriev ( just write in his name in google search and you can get his paper) warns that the sun and the whole solar system is entering a neighboring turbulent cloud or bubble of highly charged plasma which is causing all the big earthquakes , big tornadoes, big carrington effect soon from big CMEs while melting the ice caps and zeroing out our magnetic field protecting us from the lethal radiation in outer space. Soon we will have a new kind of sun with its accompanying changed planets- including a changed earth to live with. Dmetriev says that the real big earthquakes' cause is in the "stuff" seeping into protective bubble around the solar system . The sun is now greatly agitated and its flares and CMEs are reducing or draining the earth's magnetism. Earthquakes are electrical and a stellar size EMP will trigger the New Madrid Megaquake. So, its not Al Gore's Carbon Credits and Human Activity making the poles melt-it's the sun and it's corona getting hotter and brighter.

This is what I am looking into as well... and in an in depth way. I have accumulated A LOT of reading material that suggests what Dr. Dmitriev suggests is happening. Nasa even gives hints but doesn't just come out and say in detail like other reads.

I went to the library to get Viola Neal's book, Through the Curtain...but it is out of print. Amazon has it for 140.00!!!! Surely I can find it somewhere else. Anyway.... she back in the 60's would make her self have lucid dreams, kind of like Edgar Cayce. She had a PHD and was very educated. She too speaks of a part of the Solar System that will bring great changes to not only the Sun and Earth, but the entire Solar System as a whole.

The deeper I dig it seems the more I find giving credibility to the theory.

I searched on ATS for the Russian DR. and found a few threads that had some good arguments. It does lead me to believe this Dr. is legit in his findings. He began studying it in the 90's and published his findings. Russia seems to be on top of it regardless if anything gets leaked out. Over here in America they are not trying to leak anything unless you call remote viewer Ed Dames a "leak".

I find it all fascinating and I guess we won't KNOW if this theory is correct until we SEE more evidence to suggest it's validity.

In terms of how I feel ..... mixed emotions. I am not wanting to run out and become a huge prepper.... I need time to really digest the findings and then try and figure it what it means to me and my family.

IF true.... I am not really scared.... just in awe really. A lot of arrows point to this happening and becoming a reality but there is nothing I can do. I am destined for bodily death and I believe my spirit moves on. So.... nothing to fear. Whatever comes my way I accept it and learn from it and this IF true...would be no different.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

wow, I read my sources. Do you think something dated from 1929 that completely describes the rocks found in areas is less of a source? I, in fact, think it is quite a reliable source. And, that is in a different area. I gave you two sources to read of two different areas. I stated that one is extinct. And on is dormant. I know what I am saying. I apologize for you, because you state to me, no I take that back, you are begging me to read, when you once already misquoted me, then again you have. I don't know if you are just trying to single me out? I know a lot of Arkansas, the history, the dirt, the rocks, the mountains, the water, you name it, I know this state. It is a great area to hike. I know I provided you with two sources for two different areas.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MoEskiMo

archive.suite101.com...
more information of a possible volcanic eruption in 1856 in Arkansas, with portions from a printed newspaper article.

An interesting article about mud volcanoes around the New Madrid.
www.semp.us...

And here is information about an ancient volcano in Jackson, Mississippi, while I am at it, thought I would throw this in. www.newsouthernview.com...

And one more source of information here:The ridge is primarily composed of sediment as loess. It contrasts greatly with the flat table land around it and with the black soil that makes up the delta. It varies from half a mile to 12 miles (19 km) wide and reaches an elevation of 550 feet (170 m) near its northern extremity. There is evidence that the area's elevation has increased over the years, suggesting that uplift took place and is still taking place. This alternative explanation posits a link between the ridge and the nearby New Madrid Seismic Zone."[1] [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Crowleys ridge map: [link to library.byways.org]
You can view this article with more links to more information here:______beforeitsnews/story/348/651/Stunning_evidence_of_a_Caldera_volcano_in_Arkansas_...._A_Watchmans_Report.html

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoEskiMo
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

wow, I read my sources. Do you think something dated from 1929 that completely describes the rocks found in areas is less of a source? I, in fact, think it is quite a reliable source. And, that is in a different area. I gave you two sources to read of two different areas. I stated that one is extinct. And on is dormant. I know what I am saying. I apologize for you, because you state to me, no I take that back, you are begging me to read, when you once already misquoted me, then again you have. I don't know if you are just trying to single me out? I know a lot of Arkansas, the history, the dirt, the rocks, the mountains, the water, you name it, I know this state. It is a great area to hike. I know I provided you with two sources for two different areas.

I did apologise for misquoting you and I'm not trying to single you out. However, the article you cited only referred to volcanic deposits - the only volcanoes in Arkansas at the moment are long-extinct ones that haven't erupted in millions of years. I'm not saying that there has never been volcanic activity in the area, because there obviously has been. There are eroded volcanic stumps all over the world. But I cannot find any certified, scientific, verifiable evidence of an active or even dormant volcano in Arkansas.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Looks like Chicago is smelling it as well.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've only been a member here for a few days...taken me a bit to skim through some of the different forums. Came across this one a little bit ago, and have to say to the OP "Huh?"
I live in SE Missouri, about 100 miles south of STL, practically on top of the New Madrid Fault, and less than a mile from the Mississippi River. During the 30+years that I've lived here, other than the occasional "funky" odors, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Perhaps these reports came from further south of me, but I haven't heard anything about these smells at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Just found this thread in search. This is happening where I live as well. It's extremely noticeable when taking a shower. But you can also smell it just from running the faucet. I've never smelled a sulfur odor from the water supply in any of the places I've lived or visited. Only thing I can compare it to is the smell encountered on a vacation when I visited a hot spring. A friend smelled it here too, and mentioned it to me before I mentioned it to him. So I'm not imagining it. Weird.

I'm in Illinois about 70miles south of Chicago.

*I'm not saying it is or isn't quake related, but I'd definitely like to know what it is.
edit on 3/25/2012 by SpaceJ because: add

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Good post op, v interesting.

ESP the thread about the data being changed to not cause alarm ...

Think u got trolled tho...

To me, sulfur smells aren't good. Same smells in Cali not long ago. Also mentioned in the famous joe Brandt prophecy about Cali.
edit on 8-4-2014 by rapunzel222 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join