It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen charged over Facebook post on UK soldiers killed in Afghanistan#

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

You're right I should have said British and Afghan vs Muslim and non. It was the OP who brought up religion though I was just responding to his post

I would care more if my mother died in a car accident than a complete stranger. I wouldn't care more if that complete stranger was Afghan or British or Canadian like me though.

The OP didn't know the Marines or the civilian personally so why does it matter where they are from?

It's common sense to you that a British person would care more for a person who lives in Britain because they come from the same place right?

So since they both live on Earth isn't it logical to care for their deaths equally?

edit on 14-3-2012 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Petest205

Okay, if you have Facebook, search for the page "Azhar Ahmed scumbag!!"

So this page and the opinions there by the 'others' are ok in your racist mind? Google "Double Standart". it's something your TV wont explain to you

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wow, arrested for posting comments? One more reason to say no to facebook.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

My point was to provoke thought in the OP. He is obviously British and that's well and good, but I think if we're to survive as a species we have to be human first and British second. We have to live on Earth first and Britain (or wherever) second.

That British lives are worth more than any other is just an opinion and it isn't based on logic.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by The Sword

There is "dissenting opinion" and wishing death upon somebody, which this kid did.

Had he kept it simple and eloquent, he would have garnered far more support than his hissy little rant and how all soldiers should die and burn in hell, which has just landed him in hot water.

There is precedent for that exact offence, a few years ago some idot Islamists were charged and jailed for waving placards and chanting slogans saying the same thing at a homecoming parade for a local regiment.

I'm not advocating what this guy is saying, but please show me when comments that are similar but to the opposite ie 'kill all muslims' and law enforcement have prosecuted that person? It IS hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
All religious fanatics, regardless of sect, should be summarily put to death...No judge, or jury..just an executioner

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

You just acted as judge and jury... =)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

If thats what you believe then you are just as bad as them. If someone believes so much in something that is being oppressed, then they should fight for it! Although murdering innocent civilians is no way to go about fighting for a cause. But there are people out there that are actually fighting for their beliefs in a peaceful way, but you probably wouldn't understand that.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Another person making inflamatory posts against soldiers from the UK leading to another group.....
www.facebook.com...

More people heading into custody im sure.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maponos
Another person making inflamatory posts against soldiers from the UK leading to another group.....
www.facebook.com...

More people heading into custody im sure.

He has a right to stand up for what he believes in. If a muslim had to kill 16 innocent people, you would clearly want them tried in court.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I don't understand either, if he called for their death then fair enough; throw the book at him since he has crossed the line with free speech. It is not clear what he said and what his intention was.

If he didn't call for their death and simply criticised them then this would concern me since I may disapprove of what he said but I will defend to the death his right to say it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

Absolutly were all humans and in a hundred years you'll probably be spot on. I just don't think humanity has evolved to that piont yet. Humans are very regional in my opinion even with nation states.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Petest205

Yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe it's not the soldiers' faults they signed up to be pawns in the elite's little games. Maybe they don't deserve to be spat at by Muslims, as you say. But I guess if you were from Afghanistan, and your people were being "accidentally" massacred and treated as collateral damage, you'd probably be a little resentful towards the War Machine too. I'm not defending this facebook idiot, but I mean just last week a US soldier slaughtered 16 civilians, including 9 children, and burned their bodies. Well, what do you do? Sh*t happens right? Pfft. UK, US, it's all the bloody same. I mean who even needs the taliban when western troops have the middle easterners' death and destruction well covered?

Then you'll say, "oh, but not all troops are like that. Some of them are just very brave patriots putting their life on the line so that you don't have to"

And I say that the only brave patriot is one who's got the balls to stand up to their corrupted governments and tell them all to get f*cked. They're not saving anyone's ass but the leaders of the world. You'd think vietnam would've taught us a few things but I guess we're a stubborn species.

In any case, I think wiping Muslim spit off your clothes is a little easier than civilian blood. But I suppose all you warmongers and brainwashed ex-military zombies will say that it's war, innocent people die, get over it. But given our current state of technology, any unnecessary death is a horrific episode of negligence. I find it difficult to sympathize with these soldiers who have it "so tough" when they know exactly what they signed up for. And if they don't, then that's even worse. Only a fool would risk his life for a cause he didn't properly understand, or believe in. And don't give me that bollocks about freedom and liberty and saving the world because if you haven't worked out that the world leaders simply don't give a f*ck about us (or Afghanistan) then you're probably too delusional to see eye to eye with me anyway. Also, a point pro-war people like to bring up is that some of these soldiers didn't have a choice, they had to sign up for the war because they needed a job. Again, get f*cked. I don't care how hungry you are, killing others just to get paid is pathetic. If you can handle the military then you can handle the difficulties of unemployment, especially when the alternative is to sell your soul to the god damned devil!

F*ck the UK and f*ck the USA and their "freedom" wars, all they're really doing is forcing a fascist regime change under the guise of foreign aid in the name of counter-terrorism. And we're expected to be grateful for this??
edit on 14/3/2012 by MyrtlePlace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
freedom of speach only works one way: say what we want to hear and you are fine, go against us and it bye bye to your right to say what you want

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Petest205

In my opinion, it's about time the British government stood up against these type of people.

I think it's disgusting that guys (coincidentally all Muslims) can congregate together and spit at our troops when they return from tour and how they get away with desecrating war memorials in this country.

If I flew into an Arab country and said "Allah is a pig" I'd be whipped and probably stoned to death!

www.metro.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT;
Okay, if you have Facebook, search for the page "Azhar Ahmed scumbag!!" and have a look at their profile picture, it is the comments this young lad left and believe me, it is horrible stuff.
Not quite as rosy as the newspaper makes it out to be...

edit on 13-3-2012 by Petest205 because: (no reason given)

They are taught that Islam is the only law and the only true religion (not unlike christians or jews), however unlike christians and jews, they are also taught 0 tolorance for other religions. Even when living or visiting a non muslim country, they expect the eople of that country to adhere to "their" laws at all times..lol Yet they do not give visitors to their own countries the same quater.

Muslims are amongst the most arrogant people on earth (up there with the French and Americans)..lol

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Petest205
bemoaning the level of attention the British soldiers received in comparison with the Afghan civilian victims of the conflict.

I'd wager any deaths beyond Afghanis are rarely ever reported in Afghanistan itself.

Hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight

I never said he wasnt in the Afghan. He was there helping to defeat the commies for the USA, who owe him a medal for the good work he did in the Afghan. A personal friend of the bushs. (no doubt swopping weapons for opium.)
And he was on the payroll right up to the 911 scam. 13 of the 911 hijackers were Saudis. As was Osama, So why didnt the USA invade Saudi Arabia?
Yes Al CIA da were in Iraq, Sadam hated them as they were Saudis. They went there after the USA arrived. Same with Lybia, they turned up along side the special forces who were trying to over throw Gadaffi. Now they are in Syria and no doubt they will be in Iran shortly. Strange how Al CIA da seem to turn up when the west needs them. One would think that they were on the same team.

I can see there is really is no point, its like talking to a brick wall

The reason Al Qaeda are/was in Libya & Syria is because Al Qaeda was an organization consisting of recruits from every single middle eastern nation/Muslim nation, and every single middle eastern nation just recently had a revolution, you would have to be incredibly stupid to not expect a handful of Al Qaeda to turn up in any of those revolutions, its common sense something you anti west conspiracy nuts ignore when dreaming up hate story's for more support,

So once again

Why was Al Qaeda ONLY in Libya & Syria? bit strange no?

Why was there absolutely no Al Qaeda to speak of in Egypt, Tunisia, Bahrain, Yemen & other ME Revolutions?

Why did the leaders of only Libya & Syria NOT peacefully step down like the other ME nations leaders did? and without the need to call them Al Qaeda? and bloodshed?

Why did only the leaders of Libya & Syria SHOOT the protesters? and only after shooting at the innocent revolutionary protesters called them Al Qaeda?

Why did ONLY those two leaders call the protester Al Qaeda? when they was having a revolution like the other ME nation?

Because my delusional friend, when your shooting Al Qaeda and not you own people/innocent protesters it makes it sort of OK to the world to shoot your own people to stay in power, by eradicating the problem all together in bloodshed, Syria are a close ally with Iran & Russia they're not about to lose a close Allie when a less compliant pro west government gets in power and decides to stop launching rocket attacks into Israel, anyone who is "anti west" is a friend of Russia, which is why Russia & Iran are Allies pouring arms into Syria by the boat load everyday, for there anti Israel/west man to stay in power and keep attacking Israel and to keep the alliance,

But Of course there will be Al Qaeda in both Libya & Syria they bloody well live there, here is a map to jog your memory of where Al Qaeda come from

So if a revolution takes place in any ME nation like they did, in all ME nations recently, yes.. you will have a tiny tiny percentage of EX Al Qaeda operatives in the uprisings, inside those nations backing the revolution, that does not make the entire revolutionary movement Al Qaeda with Al Qaeda motives and agenda, only a retard would think that, or a delusional conspiracy nut, every other ME stepped down peacefully and listened to the "Facebook" youth as the was called, they wanted change and revolted, absolutely nothing to do with Al Qaeda, at all,

Egyptian protesters were focused on legal and political issues[20] including police brutality,[1] state of emergency laws,[1] lack of free elections and freedom of speech,[2] uncontrollable corruption,[2] and economic issues including high unemployment

The uprising took place in Cairo, Alexandria, and in other cities in Egypt, following the Tunisian revolution that resulted in the overthrow of the long-time Tunisian president. On 11 February, following weeks of determined popular protest and pressure, Mubarak resigned from office.

All without killing anyone wow amazing well done that man, he did the right thing and spared his people bloodshed, no Al Qaeda either amazing,

Libyan Revolution: protests in Benghazi beginning on Tuesday, 15 February 2011, which led to clashes with security forces that fired on the crowd.[44] The protests escalated into a rebellion that spread across the country

So they was protesters, then he called them rats, started shooting/killing them, then when international support grew for action to be taken... he labelled them Al Qaeda,
then you conspiracy nut
jobs went to work and called them Al CIA eda,

So the stage is now set for Syria - Iran & Russia's little insignificant anti west partner in crime, who with Iran fund rocket attacks on civilians in Israel, both who are now pouring arms by the ship load into Syria to help Al Assad's regime crush the revolutionary protesters by killing them with Russian/Iranian arms,

edit on 14-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I haven't even bothered reading the threads on this Facebook page because I know the type of narrow minded dribble that people will have written on there.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Just to repeat what I said earlier;

He will have been arrested purely for his biometrics. Obviously the police have pointed him out as a potential future threat. Why?
Because he's 19 and he doesn't mind telling his 600+ friends what he thinks about UK troops, whilst he lives in the UK!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
As much as I dislike what the idiot wrote you have to balance it out with what was written back, trust me, they made his remarks seem tame. The racial hatred exhibited by some was foul, these were not people appalled by the sentiments expressed, these were BNP through and through and there was a hell of a lot of them.

Should the lad have been arrested for what he wrote on Facebook, probably not but he should have had his account closed for what he advocated. The people I'd like to see arrested are the very people who never do get picked up and that's the foul groups that stand on street corners waving their placards, abusing Non Muslims with some pretty disgusting comments and shouting about beheading the British people. Sadly our useless government would rather play about with a little lad than do something direct and in the face of the radicals, if people come here to preach about killing the kuffar then grab them, deport and ban them, if a mosque is found to be using the same radical people via Saudi TV then close the Mosque, no if's or but's.

Sadly instead of taking the bull buy the horns the powers that be simply smile and play happy familes while continuing their nasty little agenda's.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join