It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Well i have been reading through these posts but i have to say i am still pretty confused. Does anyone actually know what it is?

I have to admit that whilst i am totally fascinated with space, i don't actually understand a lot of what i see! The science is mostly way beyond what i studied at school but that said most of the weirder things posted here or at the other space sites don't really concern me - for example i never bought into the Elenin doomsday thing. This though totally baffles me.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Anyway... We'll all see....but I just wanted to note the fact that the OP simply posted a thread on what I'd already been thinking and I have little doubt many others were too. In fact, I have no doubt. The thread shows it....for many people.

We´ll all see....what? What does this thread show? You still think this is something special? You claim following these sun pics is your hobby, if that is the case you should know it´s not abnormal.

If this is your hobby I still don´t get why you would support someone that is attacking the best and clear explanation that was given by someone who is also into that stuff obviously.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Well i have been reading through these posts but i have to say i am still pretty confused. Does anyone actually know what it is

You have been reading but still have to ask?

It´s a CORONAL HOLE like hundreds before it . It is not shaped like a perfect triangle and if it was it would still not really mean anything but coincidence.

Is it clear now?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
So while everyone argues about the whether the shape is a triangle and the significance of that the elephant in the room gets ignored.

There is a HUGE coronal hole on the sun! I now ask how normal is that? Do they normally get that big? Seriously I don't know. Is that the same as a sun spot? Do CMEs come from regions like this?
edit on 13-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Wow, people really need to be taken by the hand.....

Google coronal hole pics.

Look at them.

Compare to OP pic.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

Yes i still had to ask because there have been various opinions offered but none definitively explained. I also stated i do not really have the knowledge for things space related. So whilst i appreciate the response, was there really any need for the attitude to go with it?

Is the plasma from such a huge coronal hole a threat to us? Or just a bit of interference for the satellites?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
That's it.

Enough with the OT posts already.

Thread closed for temporary staff review.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Thread re-opened.

Any more off topic posts, bickering or personal attacks will be dealt with in an increasingly rigorous manner.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The triangle...Its TRIFORCE!!!

Coronal Hole, common during Solar maximum, shape is just random....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The coronal hole is only special in the way that it resembled a shape, lol, we have seen these coronal holes half the size of the sun before, but sure its certainly interesting, good find tho thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I'm sorry but this:

Is not showing the coronal hole.

The coronal hole is facing earth, we know this because of the images taken by SDO, it's images are from an earth perspective.

As the image above clearly shows, the circled triangle is on the far side of the sun.

...and is too small.

...and is a sunspot.

... and is facing in a different direction.

edit on 13/3/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Just out of curiosity, what is so special about that - whatever it is - that it was circled? I Invite Phage to give a guess too.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It looks like a giant eye, watching our every move. Stay watchful this is pretty neat

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
12 pages for a coronal hole? I despair!

It's a coincidence, obviously. Like how you see shapes in clouds. It's not even close to a "perfect triangle". And it's not even an unusual size - google coronal holes and you'll see much larger ones, and plenty of strange shapes.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

SnF for the interesting find OP. As far as the shape of the coronal hole 1 is not sure of its cause.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I've read through almost this entire thread and I still have no idea what all the fuss is about?!?!

Does the dark color represent a "hole"?

No offense to anyone, but I've yet to read/see/hear a single a thread regarding SOHO images/vids that actually amount to anything of significance (other than neat pictures!
)
So....please, someone, who KNOWS what they are talking about-
*and I DO NOT MEAN some new-age voodoo shenanigans*
-explain the importance/significance of this?

edit on 13-3-2012 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2012 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Why are you claiming it's a PERFECT triangle when it's clearly not even close?

edit on 13-3-2012 by famalhut because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2012 by famalhut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
As much as i'd love to see some sun doom, I don't think a shape in the sun is it (unless it is something totally obvious). People continually attempt to find symbology and hidden images in all things in life. Hell, I can find a face in wood grain... does that mean TPTB have enchanted my door to ensure that they are watching me at all times? probably not. It is called matrixing... finding familiar shapes in the world around you. Actually, as you will notice below, it isn't even a perfect triangle. i'd say it is more akin to a gnarled tree blowing in the wind more than anything... but hey, what do I know.

edit on 13-3-2012 by ApolloBloodline because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
That is truly amazing, a few things came to mind. Since ancient time the triangle has been synonymous with light. Depending on which way the point is facing can alter its meaning, but ironically enough when a triangle is firmly on its base, it represents fire. Some coincidences are to big to ignore.

PLPL

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join