It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
"To force-fit spirituality into scientific boxes results in a truncated travesty. The approach should be, rather, to enlarge the conceptual framework of science -of our currently limited mental framework- so that it could directly perceive and embrace the higher metaphysical principles of spiritual teachings."

"Ego's job is to be an ego, not stage a coup on eternity."

~ John Major Jenkins

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” - Albert Einstein

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
edit on 13-3-2012 by dinkot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Another triangle, pyramid......stingray.

A keyhole, will delving into this unlock the secret?

It can´t be, a giant Blackhawk helicopter in the sun! .. No it´s a whale.

Oh noes, this has got to mean something right!

Yep, just as I expected, the serpents are behind it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
looks to me like a very large dead spot coincidentaly in the shape of a triangle. still scary because even though i dont know how big these spots usually get, that looks pretty significant and when the sun go's, we go!!
edit on 13-3-2012 by robbyraw because: (no reason given)

ok, i've just noticed the photos above me and now it doesn't seem like a big deal at all

edit on 13-3-2012 by robbyraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
First, I don't see a triangle.. not even anything that resembles one.. but be that as it may, the sun does look angry..

Very angry.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
No expert here. Looks odd, looks like it should not be there. But the bottom line is NONE of US knows what it is. Conjecture and guess's. It's an image of the sun, with a spot that looks alot like a triangle.No really that's what it is. Now for conjecture on my part. It's a giant triangular shaped black thingy on the sun. I believe it's a terrorist hot spot, there new base.

Or maybe God diid'nt pay the power bill & he's getting his powre shut off. I don't know, Neither do any of the rest of us. Go there, get a good close pic, ( remember this is ATS) deny ignorance. Until then. It's a black spot that look alot like a triangle. That's pretty much it. Star gate? better have a damn good asbestos suit .

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Yeah... It's called a sunspot.

I kniw, I know. Everything has to be out of the ordinary and everything has to mean the end of the world. Been that way ever since the folks in the middle ages saw an eclipse and thaught the world was ending, or any of the other natural events that folks attribute to the end of things.

The human race will always see these things as omens. We today are no different than those folks back then. Hell, we're prolly worse...lol

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The thing i find fascinating is that shape is millions of miles across.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Dont get so excited... its just the Sun!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Without knowing the context of it, I have no idea why it's circled...apart from just identifying it for whatever reason.

Maybe the OP will share where he got it from for us.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry I should have directed you to my original post. I never said there was a pyramid if you read my post it says specifically Triangular shaped, also that it may be Paradolia, lastly its not the AVA data but the circled HMI data I wanted your thoughts on...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wes_dublin
I dont agree with Phage and the rest of you who say that everybody else is imagining a triangle. I think what you should really be saying is that the layer on top is covering up part of the triangle as the sun moves.

Take this image for example. Are you saying that the sun is not circular in shape? Is the sun only the shape of what can be seen? Think of the cloud as the top layer of the sun.

Ironically, the cloud covering the sun is an almost perfect triangle.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Bout time enki came back -.- took the keg with him when he left.. bring back the party =D

if it is a black hole then why the hell are we still hush hushing ufo tech? we need to start a riot down at a51 and grab us some craft to gtho this rock and go tax someone elses.

but seriously we are so screwed this year lol its barely started and our sun has a huge triangle through it...and i just dropped my ciggys into a puddle -.- end of days? i think so.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Personally, I like the blue and purple version of the 'Scary Sun' the best of all.

and oh yeah.....

We're all gonna die! Arrrgh...(runs into the street screaming and flailing....)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Yeah... It's called a sunspot.

It is called a CORONAL HOLE, not a sunspot,

Sunspots are temporary phenomena on the photosphere of the Sun that appear visibly as dark spots compared to surrounding regions. They are caused by intense magnetic activity, which inhibits convection by an effect comparable to the eddy current brake, forming areas of reduced surface temperature.

Coronal holes are areas where the Sun's corona is darker, colder, and has lower-density plasma than average.

Even though it is in the title of the thread, people just can´t seem to grasp the word CORONAL HOLE for some odd reason.

Don´t take it personal.

edit on 13-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Looks like a sillouette of someone kneeling and praying.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XxAcidxBurnxX

That's what I saw too.

Reminds me of this fellow. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
In all of my years looking at pictures of the Sun, never have I seen such a large sunspot. A question though, why is the interior of the Sun dark? If it was internally powered, should'nt it be brighter on the inside? This observation leads me to a to another theory. I belive that the Sun is Exo-thermally powered. It draws an unlimited supply of energy from the extreme vaccume of space. Zero-point energy if you will. Also known as the "pregnant vaccume". Matter that is normally uncondensed in regular space, is drawn tighter together in outer space. The energy is inexhaustable.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join