It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Strange Today, Seagulls In The Wrong Place Today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
At 7am morning time i notice something strange and so did a worker at a day care worker here where i live at our apartment.

The Seagulls were making a lot of nose at the wrong place they should do this at the coastlines not in the city and they almost seemed threatened by something.

The Seagulls did stop the nose at 1 Pm, what are Seagulls doing so far away from the coastlines.

Has anyone noticed this pattern?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
oh dude the seagulls are acting up, quick! head for the hills!!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I live an hour plus from the coast and I see flocks of seagulls in the grocery store parking lots sometimes, or around dumpsters, so I don't know how unusual it is. I guess if you have never seen them where you are then who knows. Is there a food source?

peace

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Maybe you should talk to reficul.
He noticed something strange also and I believe he is in your neck of the woods.
what is wrong?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
funny you say this, I noticed the same thing too

they were about 5 blocks over en masse from where they usually circle like vultures till just before sundown.

don't know why, maybe more food, or some crow competition but they were in a different spot.
theres a windstorm happening right now, so that might be why too.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i live inland an seagulls come inland when there is bad weather on the coast its nothing to worry about i see them alot , so dont panic

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Its funny you do mention this cause I noticed this on Saturday over here. I live about 15 miles from Santa Monica (the beach) and I rarely see seagulls over here but I found it really strange to see a whole lot of them gathered in the building across the street from me. The only reason I even noticed it was because I heard them being very noisy. I hope theres nothing too bad coming our way.. Although the weather over here continues to being hot one day and cold the other.. Currently cold here in downtown Los Angeles.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

I live an hour plus from the coast and I see flocks of seagulls in the grocery store parking lots sometimes, or around dumpsters, so I don't know how unusual it is. I guess if you have never seen them where you are then who knows. Is there a food source?

peace

I lived in Italy as a young child so yeah i have seen them a lot of times however there behavior today is strange those birds are usual spotted at the coastline cites not directly in the mess city.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I can`t even get one on my rap.....while casting for a goose.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I noticed it too. There is a storm brewing up at the coast, with rainy 70-80 mph gusts. There was also a 3.1 earthquake off the Coast of Oregon.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Seagulls are known to gather inland when there's rough weather on or coming around the coast line.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Uhh I lived in Idaho, and there are seagulls all over the place there.......and its A LONG way from the coast....

Ive seen them in Colorado and Tn too......

its nothing unusual IMHO, they tend to follow food sources, whatever they may be...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
come on you guys get a grip. The Seagulls come in on the garbage transfer trucks from coastal towns to inland land fills.

2 plus 2 still equals 4

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
LOL, sea gulls are scavengers, they follow the food sources. I've seen gulls as far inland here in Florida as far as 15 miles, and they probably go further in than that, too. They'll also go inland when rough weather is brewing.

In my opinion, the ones you saw were probably scrounging for scraps, as per the norm.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Do you have a McDonalds near you?? I call the seagulls in my city, McGulls.

They love fast food. It keeps them regular, I guess.

More seriously, I don't think it is that uncommon. I am not sure where you reside in Canada but maybe this link will provide some insight - Types of Seagulls

The Common Black Headed Gull is relatively new to North America, being first seen in Canada in the early 1900's. It is a small gull which breeds in much of Europe and Asia, and also in coastal eastern Canada. Most of the population is migratory, preferring to winter further south, but some birds in the milder westernmost areas of Europe do not migrate. Some birds that reside in eastern Canada will also spend the winter in the northeastern United States.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Call that strange ?

Seagulls Rock

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have lived in north TX my entire life. I have never seen a seagull before except on the coast, and we're far from the coast. Just within the last 6 months, I've seen them in our parking lots scavenging. I had to do a double take, I was so surprised. Now I believe they follow the food, but why after sooooo many years have they just started moving so far inland?
migration perhaps?
They are not the black headed kind as a previous poster pointed out. They are the same ones seen on the coast.
edit on 12-3-2012 by sickofitall2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
First, seagulls go where seagulls go. I have seen them at Lake Eyre in Australia, a lake that only has water in it once every 75 years or so and is hundreds of miles from the coast.

Second, maybe they are looking to find the best beach front property in preparation for the rise in sea level.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I live about an hour and a half from the MS coast. After Katrina they were every where and still are.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Gulls are scavengers and will go where they need to for food. They are not strictly sea birds because they eat more then just fish. ( they like fries to go with that fish sandwich)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join