It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Strange Today, Seagulls In The Wrong Place Today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
sometimes seagulls like to eat worms and bugs
they will usually get their fix by eating the fish that eat the bugs and worms
but sometimes they will just skip the third party and go straight to dessert inland in a farmers field or the like.

one of the reasons they love rotten fish is because the rotten fish are full of bugs and worms
and mmmm .....maggots

also they can see bad weather a long way away

if you want to know what the weather is going to do when you are boating or camping on the shore
you can also watch the gulls, and other birds

bird will all take cover if it is going to rain or worse
if they don't it will be a just a light shower or better
edit on 12-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I live 25 miles inland and we get lots of seagulls over us when ever the sea off the south coast is rough,nothing new for us as it's been going for as long as I can remember (about 40 years).

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It has been shown that birds use the earth's magnetic field for navigation.

"How do birds find their way when they fly? Scientists resolved this question a couple of years ago at DESY with the synchrotron radiation source DORIS III, when they discovered structures containing iron in the beaks of homing pigeons. These structures are able to measure the direction and intensity of the earth’s magnetic field and thus help the birds navigate."
Source.

Perhaps this indicates a slight change in the Earth's magnetic field?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This seagull is right where I'm supposed to be...

ah, c'mon, that was funny...

Seriously though, seagulls make great barometers...they know when there might be a weather issue coming up. They're also scavengers. So there you go...it could be any number of reasons, most of which are totally common place.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Beside the food, weather, and things that other have mentioned, don't forget that they like to glide.
They will congregate where there is a thermal updraft to catch a free ride on.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There is flock of them in Shelby, NC (way inland) since the early 2000's. They travel from lot to lot searching for someone to feed them like pigeons. Maybe these were blown of course then and just decided to stay because the food is abundant. Once I stumbled on a nest of their eggs in the bushes of the mall parking lot.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

I live in Astoria, NY. The other day, seagulls by the hundreds were flying in a frenzy, as if there was a toxin in the air which made them fly without direction or pattern, looked like they were going mad!
edit on 10/14/2015 by marc1969 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join