It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Several drunk troops behind bloodbath, laughed on shooting-spree, burned corpses'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If the source is correct, then it's pretty damn obvious that both the Bush43 and Obama administrations have combined to push our troops past their tolerance limits. There is only so much a human mind can take. There is only so far it can be pushed before all the 'civilization' training leaves and gutteral animal takes over.

It's BEYOND time to bring the troops home.

I agree with you 100% Lets not forget that this is essentially a guerilla war they are fighting complete with IED's
and tactics like

little Afghan boy, hey mr soldier, kick my ball over here
soldier kicks ball and IED detonates

Invisible enemies, inhumanity on both sides and lets not forget the heat. I hope the Goldman Sachs shareholders get a nice dividend

edit on 12-3-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hello. I do not wish to cause oftence to anyone as I respect what service personel go through and I do wish to offend families who have lost loved ones. However I'm from the UK (no ones perfect
) and whenever you see US soldiers operating in movies or real life videos on YouTube the America soldiers always seem hyped up. For example you may see a clip of a sniper hiding in a house or building all you hear is massive amounts of shouting 'HHOOOOOORAH, YEH TAKE THAT A**HOLES" and if seems the soldiers will just fire aimlessly at anything that moves. I could be wrong correct me if I am but it just seems alot of America servicemen or women just seem too hyped up and don't take the top professionally.

Of course this happen in the British army but it seems that's the way the American troops see things as 'shoot first asks questions later'

Like I said I dont intend to cause offence I'm sure you people in the US are great and again service men and women always earn my respect

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
People must realize that when we attack another nation, it is guaranteed that a disproportionate amount of innocent casualties will happen, whether done by accident (collaterial damage) or done purposely. Shock and awe killed thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) innocent civilians, men, women and children. Because one was done with guns in cold blood and the other was done under directive of the higher ups with bombs doesn't make a difference to the ones that died.

There is a serious disconnect here in the US in that we believe that carpet bombing cities is somehow acceptable and soldiers killing innocents on their own accord is somehow an abomination. War is the abomination. Death is death and the real shame here is that people are dying for profit and "interests" for the sake of a few.

9/11 and 3,000 deaths have been used as a convenient excuse to kill millions of people and invade two countries based upon the notion of this "war on terrorism", which can never be won (like the war on drugs, war on crime etc..). Real people are dying everyday, our troops among them. When is enough's enough? How can we be openly discussing yet two more wars with nations 5 times more capable than Iraq and Afghan with even more shady intel?

When will we learn?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Let's see here, many deployments and PTSD treated with SSRI meds .It is nothing short of a miracle that our troops haven't completely lost it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
600% increase in in drug production since we invaded . the talliban were trying to stop the drugs trade . the streets of my country and everywhere are filled with mad funkies .those peasant farmers are sure putting up some fight .i laugh when i hear of invaders beeing killed .

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
600% increase in in drug production since we invaded . the talliban were trying to stop the drugs trade . the streets of my country and everywhere are filled with mad funkies .those peasant farmers are sure putting up some fight .i laugh when i hear of invaders beeing killed .

Star for you.

Heres a few photo's to help back up your arguement that the drug trade has increased since the US and Allied countries have brought freedom and democracy to Afghanistan.

So If were really concerned about the live's of our fellow country men and women , you would think that these soliders would be burning these crops instead of walking through them as heroin / opium kills more per year then terrorist ever will.

Here's a youtube vid for those that dont believe that the US are helping with the Afghani drug trade.

What a wonderful world, Hey?

Here's a quote from this link

publicintelligence.net...

Instead, they describe how troops “patrol” through and around the fields. In one instance, a US soldier even seems to be even helping with cultivation. In a recent report from Geraldo Rivera which aired in late April on Fox News, a USMC Lt. Col. indicated that US forces encourage the Aghans to grow different crops, however, out of fear of losing stability poppy cultivation is tolerated and even supported. In November 2009, the Afghan Minister of Counter Narcotics

And heres another quote from another link.

Afghanistan has been the greatest illicit opium producer in the entire world, ahead of Burma (Myanmar) and the "Golden Triangle" since 1992, excluding the year 2001.[1] Afghanistan is the main producer of opium in the "Golden Crescent". Opium production in Afghanistan has been on the rise since U.S. occupation started in 2001

Link.
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's another quote

Afghanistan is, by far, the largest grower and exporter of opium in the world today, cultivating a 92 percent market share of the global opium trade. But what may shock many is the fact that the US military has been specifically tasked with guarding Afghan poppy fields

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...
and heres the link
www.naturalnews.com...

This is more proof of Protection.

How the world's deadliest drug feeds addiction, crime and insurgency

FrenchItalianRussian

Vienna, 21 October 2009 (UNODC) - Afghanistan has the world monopoly of opium cultivation (92%), the raw material for the world's deadliest drug - heroin. The size and impact of the opium economy in Afghanistan were documented in the Opium Survey of September 2009. Less well known is the size of the opiate trade once it leaves Afghanistan, and its impact on the world.

Link.www.unodc.org...

And some more reading for you

It’s hardly a secret that heroin is an extremely dangerous drug, with the potential to inflict considerable physical, social and emotional damage on those who abuse or become addicted to it.

But acknowledging the many ways in which heroin abuse can harm an individual is just one step toward understanding the true depth and breadth of this drug’s capacity for destruction.

In a new report, Addiction, Crime and Insurgency: The Transnational Threat of Afghan Opium, UNODC shows the devastating consequences that the 900 tons of opium and 375 tons of heroin that are trafficked from Afghanistan every year have on the health and security of countries along the Balkan and Eurasian drug routes, of countries in Europe, of China, India and the Russian Federation.

It documents how the world's deadliest drug has created a market worth $65 billion, catering to 15 million addicts, causing up to 100,000 deaths per year, spreading HIV at an unprecedented rate and, not least, funding criminal groups, insurgents and terrorists.

Link
www.drugaddictioncenter.org...

So like i said, the troops should be burning these crops down instead of walking through them.
These US/ NATO/ Allied troops ARE protecting these crops.

Herion kills more in a year than any terrorist Organisation could.

CNN) -- Afghan opium kills 100,000 people every year worldwide -- more than any other drug -- and the opiate heroin kills five times as many people in NATO countries each year than the eight-year total of NATO troops killed in Afghan combat, the United Nations said Wednesday.

edition.cnn.com...

SO YES THESE TROOPS ARE LOOKING AFTER THESE CROPS OR THEY WOULD HAVE DESTROYED THEM BY NOW IF THEY WEREN'T.
But the US government makes to much money off of them, so they will never destroy them.
edit on 12-3-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by TheMindWar

he or they should be turned over to the Afghan government to stand trail for war crimes .

The US unlike most of the rest of the world now beliefs it is above war crimes.. Hence two illegal wars and between 1-2 million civilians dead.. Maybe it would be wise not to forget the Nuremberg trials and the nazies...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
here is an example of how opium poppy destruction actually goes
englishrussia.com...

obviously the destruction of poppies can't be going well look at the increases in opium output

The Russian Parliament says the international forces in Afghanistan must take urgent steps to curb illegal drug production in the country, and Moscow can help to deal with the problem.
In a statement published on Wednesday, Russian MPs say they are greatly concerned with the sharp rise of illegal drug production ever since the country was captured by the international coalition from the Taliban movement. According to UN data, the figure has surged by 42 times since 2001, and reached 7,700 tons of opium annually, making Afghanistan “a world monopolist” in the criminal trade.
“The ongoing military confrontation in Afghanistan and lack of security in the country hinder legal agricultural industry and stimulate narcotics production. The profits from the business are the main source of financing terrorist and extremist activities,” the statement said.

rt.com...

when russia asked the US to curtail the opium going into russia the US said NO!

Russia has accused the US and NATO for not doing enough to fight the opium trade in Afghanistan. Afghanistan is responsible for providing over 90 percent of the world's opium. Since the US military began operations in Afghanistan, the opium production has only increased. Here is our report.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes opium production has gone from practically non existent (Taliban outlawed) to robust production. The drug trade has always been a great funder of black op projects and the CIA is probably the largest distributor on the planet. That along with the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline project (Taliban refused right before 9/11) are probably the main reasons for our war with that country (military bases and easy access to ME sure don't hurt either).

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
And yet you have war hawks calling for attacks in Iran and Syria. What the hell is wrong with us?
edit on 12-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

War Hawks calling for more war. It's not surprising considering the economic benefits derived from war.

War is BIG business. Guns, bullets, armored vehicles, rockets, bombs, body armor, tanks, fighter jets, etc. are used up pretty quickly and cost a fortune to replace. For example one B-1 bomber costs $280,000,000.

From Wikipedia

According to SIPRI (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute - www.sipri.org... ), total world spending on military expenses in 2009 was $1.531 trillion US dollars. 46.5% of this total, roughly $712 billion US dollars, was spent by the United States. The privatization of the production and invention of military technology also leads to a complicated relationship with significant research and development of many technologies.

The Military budget of the United States for the 2009 fiscal year was $515.4 billion. Adding emergency discretionary spending and supplemental spending brings the sum to $651.2 billion. This does not include many military-related items that are outside of the Defense Department budget. Overall the United States government is spending about $1 trillion annually on defense-related purposes.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is a truly henious act.

But it seems clear that the person (or people according to other reports) have become mentally unhinged.

The fact of the matter is the man responsible was probably believe it or not a perfectly normal human being, but he has been shaped by his environment and the things he's witnessed.

Thinking of the Second World War, there were many people who did terrible, unimaginable things. Yet before the war or before even joining the armed forces they were perfectly respectable people, with normal jobs, lives and families. The scariest part is, not that somebody has committed such actions, but that potentially anybody could do so if pushed to such extreme limits.

Being in Afghanistan for so long no doubt makes everything back in the United States seem like a long forgotten dream. A complete irrelevence.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

MAN it is sickning to even click on this OP just the thought of the ignorance displayed over there makes 1
My heart goes out to the slain and their families having to digest all the political evols going on in that quadrant. 1 feels if MANY believed they were being observed by the LIGHT they wouldnt act so evol. They are part of the species TOO in the M.E. very sad.

edit on 3/12/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yes opium production has gone from practically non existent (Taliban outlawed) to robust production. The drug trade has always been a great funder of black op projects and the CIA is probably the largest distributor on the planet. That along with the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline project (Taliban refused right before 9/11) are probably the main reasons for our war with that country (military bases and easy access to ME sure don't hurt either).

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

With no terrorists there would be no WAR ON TERRORISM

With no drugs there would be no WAR ON DRUGS

With less or no dependency on oil there would be no INVASION OF IRAQ, LIBYA and perhaps of Iran in the future

....and life goes on !!!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

That is certainly true, but is also true for both sides. War makes stable minds instable but why is it that when it is something that can be traced back to us it is an isolated case, or something which comes with the territory, yet when done from the other side it is considered barbaric and demonized?

Of course I am not saying that we accept it if it is one of ours; many here on this thread (the majority) call it for what it is: a henious act. But on the same token what about the minds and hearts of Afghans, Iraqis whos homeland has become one big warring field? Are they expected to act in a civilized manner when they are exposed to the same atrocities and pains of war (some might say worse of because we are the occupiers).

This is the whole basis of blowback. People like to judge the individual or group thought in an environment where which would make a maniac out of anyone. Cause and effect is very real. The whole idea of fighting them over there for they wont fight over here is bogus along with the idea that terrorists hate us for our way of life and freedom. It is intellectually dishonest.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i'm still under the impression this was some sort of special OP.

not drunken soldiers, or one guy acting alone, but a specific plan of action carried out.

then when time comes for a trial, or the media wants to see the guy, they throw a life like copy mask of the supposed assailant on a random prisoner, parade him about a bit, and then the status quo continues until the next special OP.
I would even say the quran burning was part of it and this is an extension.

they want these people pissed off and ready to die. it's working.
edit on 12-3-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

i'm still under the impression this was some sort of special OP.

not drunken soldiers, or one guy acting alone, but a specific plan of action carried out.

then when time comes for a trial, or the media wants to see the guy, they throw a mask on him, parade him about a bit, and then the status quo continues until the next special OP. I would even say the quran burning was part of it.

they want these people pissed off and ready to die. it's working.

I kind of agree. There has to be a valid reason (Taliban bad, peace keeping soldiers good) to keep as many troops in the ME as possible for the next big fight with the whack-jobs over in Iran.
edit on 12-3-2012 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
First let me say that hurting a child or an unarmed women is a cowards act and there is never going to be an excuse for it.

That being said I find it fairly humerous that anything that makes an american soldier look bad is jumped on as fact.

You saw a UFO? Pics or it didn't happen!
Obama was born in Kenya? Pics or it didn't happen!
Secret socieites are taking over the world? Show me the proof!

Akmed's cousin heard his neighbor say that he might have seen a group of soldiers do something terrible? OMG all soldiers are evil and this is absolute truth and they are all psycho!

If this was done by an american I say shoot him like a rabid dog and be done with it. But, like anything else on this site, have the proof and get the facts.
edit on 12-3-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
First let me say that hurting a child or an unarmed women is a cowards act and there is never going to be an excuse for it.

That being said I find it fairly humerous that anything that makes an american soldier look bad is jumped on as fact.

You saw a UFO? Pics or it didn't happen!
Obama was born in Kenya? Pics or it didn't happen!
Secret socieites are taking over the world? Show me the proof!

Akmed's cousin heard his neighbor say that he might have seen a group of soldiers do something terrible? OMG all soldiers are evil and this is absolute truth and they are all psycho!

If this was done by an american I say shoot him like a rabid dog and be done with it. But, like anything else on this site, have the proof and get the facts.
edit on 12-3-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

The fact that this is being reported all over, and very real bodies were found with shots to the head done executioner style along with multiple witness not only from the Afghan side but also within our troops tells me this doesn't require the same amount of proof that someone saying they were abducted by a three headed alien being would.

I hear what you are saying and I understand but I think you picked the wrong case to make that point.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

With no terrorists there would be no WAR ON TERRORISM

With no drugs there would be no WAR ON DRUGS

With less or no dependency on oil there would be no INVASION OF IRAQ, LIBYA and perhaps of Iran in the future

....and life goes on !!!

Incorrect, the war on drugs is a war on anyone who dares to compete, the war on terror is a justification for resource grabs and land grabs, they radicalise an ignorant youth in order to have a justification to strike as well as to keep their arms dealer friends in business.

There were genocies commited in Uganda to clear land to grow trees in order to sell carbon credits to big multinationals.

Read the book the shock doctrine and you will understand what is going on. Ps Iraq was called "shock and awe" for a reason, its blatantly obvious once your eyes have been opened.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

You are probably right.

I do want to make clear that I am not trying to justify this in any way.

It is most likely one man that has seen too much and snapped. It happens to civilians every day. We even say "go postal" for this very type of action.

It just gets under my skin that ANYTHING that is negative on a soldier is AUTOMATICALLY accepted.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join