It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I think I may have some sort of ability, curse, insanity or coincidence. Is it some branch off f

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
FUNFUNFUN!!!

Being helpful here for you, has really lifted my own spirits. In Nichi-Rin Daishonen Buddhism there is a saying, Sheten Gojen "spelling?"...anyways the saying Sheten Gojen is the helper in the darkness. I have received many, and I strive to be one as well. I enjoy being a divine instrument for seekers, or just the vessel to deliver news and information when I come across someone who needs it.

Sometimes I like to take walks just so I can be in the right place and time to affect a course of someone who needs it. Whether it be, just in time, or for when information has to be delivered and I'm the only empath or "holy-spirit" around. Passing information on "from the otherside, God etc..." as it were, can also come naturally to the empath. IT often just seems like you are having a casual conversation, and then BOOM what came out of your mouth was exactly what someone needed to hear.

YAY! So happy for you.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

Well done then sir, you are following your goals well you have helped me much. You seem to be quite knowledgable, it seems you do quite a bit of research. Blessings to you on your journeys in life brother

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I believe that feelings of empathy towards others, or being able to sense what others may be experiencing and feeling is more a sign of maturatity that a special ability. It may seem like a special ability in todays world of self serving instant gratification fullfilling people who have a hard time realizing they are sharing this space with a billion other people, but I do tend to believe that most adults have this trait.

People have learned to read subtle facial cues and body language because we are social creatures. That is why you have to see someone to do it. When I was eighteen I thought I was special too. And I think you are in that you are aware of those around you and that they have feelings like you do.

And the part about the deer bones, is it not possible that this forest you are talking about is not actually as big as you are estimating it? I grew up out in the sticks and I when I would go exploring I would always end up on the same deer trails because they were easier to follow. Eventually I would always end up in familiar territory.

I am not trying to doubt you or your experience, just put a bit of real world into it. I probably shouldn't do that, since things are always more interesting when looking through a magical lense.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VekTorVik

I do understand what you mean and perhaps you are right. One of my personal theories is back when we were rubbing sticks together we had abilities, abilities that at the time were usefull and normal for us to have. Many scientists who study the subject believe that we used telepathy and empathy to communicate before we used our mouths. Our senses we probably higher and we probably used vast portions of our brain that we no longer use. A good example is blacksmithing, in itself it is an art form, it builds muscle and provokes imagination. However in todays technological world it is a dying art. Over the ages we have been dumbing ourselves down and looking for ways to be lazy.

Lets say back in the mid 1800's children got up perhaps did their morning farm chores and went to school, in school they read books and used their brains to solve mathematical equations, after school they went home worked on chores, if they had play time they used their brain/ imagination to entertain themselves. Usually they might get a job at an early age say perhaps 14 and worked gard. Today children get up watch cartoons, eat sugary cereal and go to school. At school they play on computers and do very little reading, instead of using their brain they use calculators. When they go home they either sit on their couch either playing with their computer, phone, or video games. They may not even bother getting a job until they're 16 or older, they're lazy and don't work hard and eventually get fired because they were too busy checking their twitter. They don't do chores and by the time they're a senior in highschool they're not self sufficient and depend on their parents for anything, then in life they fail because they were never taught the skills. Luckily my parents knew this and raised me accordingly, i'm independant and perfectly capable of doing things on my own. Unfortunately many of the kids I went to school are now adults and still don't know how prepare a meal let alone do their own laundry.

This may or may not be an ability, perhaps my brain is just deciding it has a use for these long forgotten traits that at one time were common in humans,

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by VekTorVik
I believe that feelings of empathy towards others, or being able to sense what others may be experiencing and feeling is more a sign of maturatity that a special ability. It may seem like a special ability in todays world of self serving instant gratification fullfilling people who have a hard time realizing they are sharing this space with a billion other people, but I do tend to believe that most adults have this trait.

People have learned to read subtle facial cues and body language because we are social creatures. That is why you have to see someone to do it. When I was eighteen I thought I was special too. And I think you are in that you are aware of those around you and that they have feelings like you do.

This would make perfect logical sense if I didn't have a genuine example to cite which just might make you consider that everything is not always as black and white as it appears and that some things do, in fact, fall outside the realm of logical science or human nature.

I don't have many memories from my early childhood but my sister, six years my senior, recently shared an interesting story with me. I have two older siblings, my sister and an older brother. When I was somewhere between 3-4 years old (my sister is uncertain about the exact timing but still remembers me as a toddler just starting to communicate), my father, who I never knewbto be either a religious or spiritual man, pulled them both aside and explained to them, with deep earnest gravity, that they always had to be acutely aware to keep their emotions in check around me. He referred to me as being "an ultra-sensitive" and was concerned that my immature emotional state wouldn't be able to reconcile the feelings I "read" from them. This became common practice and continues to this day. I later learned that my paternal grandmother, who I never knew, had great abilities but because of her social status and the ridicule so feared, she kept them hidden for most of her life.

So my point is yes, I'm sure there are certain people who subconsciously or consciously read all the right cues and body language, but I also think that there are those who are born with an ability to physically feel others' emotions and energy.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Hey Matthewgraybeal What are some good sites on your spirit animals? Oh and btw really enjoying this thread OP

Oh and also do you know much about the link between your spirit animal and your dreams?
Sorry if i'm asking this in the wrong place just let me know if i'm taking this too off topic OP

edit on 13-3-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
To add to Timidgirls assertion, pay attention to your body. I exhibit strange inner physiology changes which will correlate by certain things. A passionate communication from a person, can somehow be felt within my gut area. I suspect it's the seat of my empathic sensitivity for me. I wonder exactly how it works. But EMF sensitivity may be a topic that could be looked into.

I have a funny example As a child, I used to avoid the Microwave. I would get a nauseous feeling in my stomach when it was cooking if I were to stand in front of it. I asked my parents if they did, and they said they didn't. My folks would humor me, as they knew I exhibited strange phenomena from a young age...In My teens they thought I had cancer, the Dr's removed my Lymph glands in my lower abdomen/upper groin area. In his words The Surgeon said I had THE Largest Non-Cancerous Lymph nodes he had ever seen. WOW... When I look back on that. This was a Mass General Biopsy Surgeon, a late 50-something Doc.

I have a sister with empathic talents as well, and We check with each other to make sure we are sane. I ask when "blah" happens how do you feel, and she tells me, and vice versa. She also has a certificate in "Energy Healing and Massage" And Everyone clamors to get their Tarot done by her. Her readings move people. She will be doing readings in Salem this Halloween at someone's Hair-Dresser Shop. "Someone She Read But Once"

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

Thank you and don't worry you can talk about whatever you want. Anyhow i'm not sure if my spirit guide shares a link with my dreams whether it be a wolf or dear or both. My dreams tend to be unusual and strange, distorted often they make no to little sense. They're often nightmares or at least what most would call them but i find them amusing, nonetheless I don't believe I ever dream of animals. I know with spirit guides theres usually a connection, perhaps I haven't yet found my guide perhaps I should be more patient and look for it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Hahahaha ok I must admit I had the same thoughts as you!

I kept thinking if this is a movie script - then soon he will wake up naked in the woods with blood on him!

Sorry OP I don't mean to tease. I did enjoy your post! Keep us updated as to your progress, I would like to hear if you eventually do find what your subconscious mind is looking for!

Ciao

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Not trying to be a wet towel but hear me out.

I do believe what you say happened, happened. The term 'empath' is a new one for me and Im glad to have heard of it because it describes some of my new found abilities too.

You may have continuesly found your way onto deer trails not because of a sixth sense but just natural subconcious navigation everyone (including animals) has. You say you were just 'wandering' around, well that would suggest to me that your concious mind was wandering as well. Listening to the birds, smelling the world around you, feeling the crunch of twigs beneath your feet. All that concious mind wandering will leave the navagation through the woods up to your subconcious. Which will find the path of least resistance through the woods. Animals do this as well. Primitive hunter use this trick to guide an animal to a trap, its called funneling.

So you may have had some concious moments in the woods regarding where you were going but the second your concious mind wanders to other things, the sub-concious takes the wheel and steers.

Not saying your case had nothing to do with sync and your new found talents, just saying this particular instance may just be a case of natural instincts.

ETA: In the future when you have synconis moments or you notice a certain strange somthing. Make sure to pause and say to your self "Yes, thats what I want more of. Good job". Doing this will train your mind to pick up on these events easier and more often. Oh yeah, and send up a heart felt thank you to you gaurdians and guides.

~peace~

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IamKels

Ha Ha no problem, if I was a werewolf i'd have to know so I could have fun. Thsat fun would be scaring the living daylights out of people.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Very interesting, I can definately see how that would be possible and or true, it makes sense. I'll keep that in mind next time I go out, i'll train my mind to do that more often and who knows maybe more will happen. Thank you for your insight.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

Hi Doodles,

I don't have any specific website, but what I do is google search the topic. I look up spirit totems, of shamanic significance. Or Religious animals. Cross reference animal sightings, and spiritual. Stuff like that.

I don't just look at one site, I look at a few. The longer the description the better.

Hope that helps.

You can also review your chinese or Asian animals as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Oh Thanks man I ended up just starting my own thread about the question I was gonna ask anyway just thought it'd be easier that way thanks for the info though

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ok, so i'm pretty sure this thread is dead by now but i'll post this anyway. So, heres what I don't get, say these are true abilities or perhaps my brain starting to use dormant traits or something. Why would I have them? I'm not a significant person, i'm not special in any way, I hold no power and possibility no promise. Maybe it was a celestial event, maybe it was just coincidence, perhaps i'm just using a bit more of my brain. I can't make any sense of it, my grandmother always told me I would be a great man someday, and my former bosses husband told me to never set my sights too low because I held great potential. That's just it, I am in every sense of the word a loser. Don't get me wrong i'm not complaining i'm just trying to make sense of something that currently makes none. Granted I wish to change the world, however humanity is on the edge of the cliff while being pushed by a bulldozer. One person could never pull that bulldozer and humanity from the cliff alone, it would take a revolution, a global effort. Unfortunately people who try to change the world end up dead or in prison. Who knows maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm crazy, or maybe this is all very real and I just need to get a death grip on my head and yank it out of my a$$.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777
reply to post by ImAwareSC

I'd have to look into your eyes, the people i tried it on were face to face. I don't blame you for declaring this B.S. you are entitiled to your opinions and free to express them. If there was a such thing as proof on this subject, believe me it wpould be on here, unfortunately it's all on a first hand basis.

See I think I do this too, it's like feeling peoples feeling through their eye's.
I've known about it for a long time and to be fair it makes me uncomfortable.
Most cases I get a burning sensation in the back of my head/mind???

I may be wrong or it may be something different but what you describe fits.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

That sounds about right, I just know what it is well we know what we feel right? So, that's probably it, I don't feel any sort of pain or burning sensation though. Another factor is mental defenses, if someone is mentally tough it's harder for me to read them. However if they're the opposite, well then they're an open book.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
JohnCreed777,

Do not ever accept the thought that you are a loser. I find in my review of these type of self doubts, it is almost as if there is an outside actor trying to squash your inner potential with de-stabilizing and very personal hate directed towards you.

If there was a force of evil for the sake of argument...It is threatened by spiritually self-aware people. IF you are convinced you are a loser, you will not seek higher purpose with your gifts.

If someone is calling you a loser, find ways in your life that you haven't been and use those ways to re-assure yourself that you are not. I go through daily assaults on my sense of self, but I have become the one in charge over these assaults. I have acted with compassion, and direct action, to do goodly things for myself and others. That in itself despite your position financially in life, will give you power over the self-hating doubts. You are not your thoughts...more-so you are actions, you are your good or evil intentions realized in a body.

Oh All here who have been following this thread, I have been advising in another thread as well. there are good follow up lessons here. The thread is also good on it's own without my insight. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Thanks Matthewgraybeal, you're right. For a while I believed I was a loser because of my lack of accomplishments in life. However more recently I've put more faith in my abilities and potential and like magic things are getting better. Before I wasn't optimistic or pessimistic, I was realistic, but realism mixed with some optimism is good to have. Thanks to new factors in my life I would say but last time I did my entire thread was deleted) I now am able to think my way out of situations it's easier for me to come up with a game plan, and a backup plan on the spot. The human mind and spirit are capable of great things, you can do anything in the world if you have the will to succeed. The future looks bright, I shall keep my head up but also walk with balance. Now I am off to check the thread you put the link for. Cheers.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hello Seekers!

IT just occurred to me, to start a thread for this very type of awakening. I needed to re-visit my Natal Astrology Chart and get a full reading because I usually only look for the quick free one.

Upon review, It just further confirmed what I feel. It's my mission to pioneer in Mystical Awareness, and pass it on in a nurturing manner, for the others I find. I'm super grateful to have this mission, it's just not for the faint of will or heart. Especially in the face of ridicule, and self-doubt. But I am me, and the experiences I have lived, and reflected on show me the way. THANK GOD and harm ye none, so mote it be. lol words...

I will title the thread, Mystic Awareness with MatthewGraybeal. coming soon...

Peace my friends.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join