It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canslli
It's incredible, in my opinion, to see people justifying this killings, coming up those same excuses about how the terrorists hide in the middle of the civilians, etc. I just wonder what would happen if a afghan killed some civilians on a city on the U.S.

A little bit off topic, but what many of you guys fail to understand is that they're fighting for their country and their way of life. I can only imagine what you, americans and soldiers, would do to protect your land, your family and your way of life against an invading force. I bet you would do the same as the Afghans. Or even worst.

Do you think the women of Afghanistan like their living conditions? The president of Afghanistan just made a code of conduct for the women in that country. The thing is, war is hell - perhaps the soldier snapped, perhaps he is bat# crazy or just an evil individual...he was wrong in what he did and should suffer the consequences of his actions.

But by all means, get out of Afghanistan!!
edit on 11-3-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by torsion

Great, now all of Afghanistan is gonna be mad at us.
This guy went and killed innocents without authorization.
I hope he at least screamed, "put down the gun" first before he killed the innocents.

"killed innocents without authorization"

Do yolu realize the implications of that statement?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

reply to post by torsion

I hope he at least screamed, "put down the gun" first before he killed the innocents.

I thought the same thing! But assumed he was being sarcastic
edit on 11-3-2012 by Upyerheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

reply to post by torsion

Are you that naive? Do you think there is a government on this earth that doesn't think that way? We are just meat to the military industrial complex.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Upyerheart

Well there is Authorization. Again , if they are in a house , we call in and ask what we should do. Light the house up or surround it. If its more than a couple of guys , it's usually , kill them.

I think that may be what he is referring too.

Civilians are sometimes in there.

reply to post by MidnightTide

and may the best meat win?
edit on 11-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canslli
It's incredible, in my opinion, to see people justifying this killings, coming up those same excuses about how the terrorists hide in the middle of the civilians, etc. I just wonder what would happen if a afghan killed some civilians on a city on the U.S.

A little bit off topic, but what many of you guys fail to understand is that they're fighting for their country and their way of life. I can only imagine what you, americans and soldiers, would do to protect your land, your family and your way of life against an invading force. I bet you would do the same as the Afghans. Or even worst.

Actually the Taliban are fighting for control.

Polling has shown that many of the tribes (majority people of afgan) simply want to govern their own individual pieces of land. No taliban, no karzai, no allied forces. They "allow" us to be there because we are (or atleast they think we are) the only means to get what they want.

But the truth is, they won't get a thing until they rise up and take it for themselves.

ALS

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

Are you in the british army?

2d line.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I can't even wrap my mind around the notion of killing a child, let alone a bunch of them and their families. Stories like this make me feel like I'm not even from this planet and I just want to go home

I honestly feel sorry for the soldier who did this (as well as the victims and their families). I have no idea what kind of psyche it takes to commit such an act, or if he just snapped, or what. But regardless... He knows what he did and will have to live with the consequences. I just hope he get's life in prison so he has lots of time to think about the faces of his victims.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What you are mistaking is that we are not there to "beat" Afghanistan. We aren't there to beat Afghanistan , we are there to kill terrorist and we are doing it well and very efficiently.

Well I don't know what's efficient about a drone strike on a whole village of innocents just to kill one or two guys.

Is that what they teach you in American propaganda school these days?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
why is afgahnistan invaded
oh yeah
so some people can get rich on the decimation of an innocent people by using STUPID people to do the dirty work.

Burning korans wasn't enough???

and there are people wondering why they might fight back against their oppressors???

unfreakingbelievable!!!

oh well, soon it will be YOUR TURN
and the world won't just not care
THEY WILL APPLAUD!!!
edit on 11-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

And im sure canda would be spared...

I swear... The irony a lot of atsers have to call americans dumb, as if there country has no relationship in the dirty work...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hey anybody know if they fixed/relocated "The Pond" on Kandahar AFB?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The notion that we are only there to kill terrorists is a naive and uniformed one. There are many, many reasons we invaded afganistan.

-To use as a strategic launch point to Iraq (note we invaded afgan not long before Iraq war). It wi also be used as a launch point to Iran.

-To protect opium production.

These are but 2 reasons out of many.

ALS

Eta: just for clarity, I was commenting on what you quoted. Not you directly.

edit on 11-3-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
so hes a special forces member, am I the only person who thought maybe this was a little op?
since it comes so close to the quran burnings, fresh in the peoples minds there, to have something like this happen would push them over the top, protestors going ape crazy again, those images work so well in favour for the MSM and the dumbed down portion of our society portraying everyone over there as quick to be crazy.

also they could easily have this SF member avoid jailtime by throwing a look a like mask over some other prisoner

just trying to find the conspiracy in everything...dont mind me

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Firstly –

Amazing when the Afghanis and or any other people kill Americans we hear all about how it’s a small percentage a fringe group or one individual with extremist beliefs and we are cautioned by the media and the administration to be careful to not judge all of them by the actions of a few/one individual(s).

Yet when some American kid loses it and goes on a rampage, which would be illegal regardless of what country he happened to be in who also happens to be a service member it’s treated as an indictment against not only the entirety of the people serving in the military but all Americans in general . Pathetic double standard.

Secondly –

I might be wrong but when four of our Soldiers and Marines were killed in retaliation for the Koran burning I heard not a peep from the President demanding some kind of justice for them or even for sympathy or condolences for thier families. Perhaps he was too busy writing his 3 page apology letter to notice…

However, this AM when I woke there was a statement of apology on the news floating about already about this kids actions. Again – pathetic double standard.

I have been to Afghanistan on one long tour and for several short missions – a good many of their people want us there. A good many don’t. I say let them go back to buggering little boys and selling off their 8 year old daughters to 50 year old men if that’s what they want. The 7th century was a hoot - let them relive it of they want.

I have ceased to care.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Damn... Some of the comments on the first page are ridiculous.

We understand it's a war and that people die in war.

But to MURDER 9 children (and 16 people in total) and walk from civilian house to civilian house shooting unarmed civilians is not some "necessity of war" or some strange/sad accident... it's cold blooded murder.

This is not a "yeah but they did this too" situation either.... you don't play tit-for-tat in these kinds of situations.

How anyone can excuse or explain away something like this is beyond me.

After the Qur'an burning.... relations were already pretty bad.

Now this...??

Really?

Next there''ll be an Abdul 2012 viral video... showing how evil one Afghan guy is and why it's ok to be killing lots of innocents, because we might get lucky and get this one bad guy.

Maybe we'll start flying unmanned drones over and bombing innocents instead... that seems to be a popular tactic.

Grrrr

The situation is screwed though.

This was an interesting cartoon in one of the Sunday papers.

edit on 11/3/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
keep in mind the possibility that both the Koran burning and the rogue soldier (also described as several, drunk and abusive) is a false flag to create a spasm of violence that will have a reaction we have not seen yet.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Stop defending his actions.

The war is illegal. The invasion and occupation is ILLEGAL.

We shouldn't be there, there is no reason to be.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This was intentional to distract from the obama impeachments. I know a lot of atsers think obama is just laughing off the impeachment bill but he's not, in fact he made no public comment on it, instead he has a new situation to pretend to be busy with. It is all staged. Deny this information at your own risk. Obama is 'shocked' yeah right he knew it would happen, he's not shocked. This came at the end of the koran rage. They want anti US sentiment in Afghanistan for a very simple reason: they want war
Isn't it obvious: war distracts from that annoying thing called laws which presidents are above. Anti us sentiment in afghanistan will guarantee the war will continue.

I dont buy the argument that 'oh gee our delicate friendship with afghanistan is ruined'. It never was. We have been at war with them for ten years of course there is anti us hatred. Kharzai is a puppet paid to express sympathy to keep the charade going so its not technically a war if the countries leader welcomes it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

what's an army staff sergeant? who gives a F***. but when a child enters a school and kills classmates its a matter of minutes before a name is released and the family is ruined by the media. well this guy commits murder, in uniform, representing what is called "america," and there is no name. this is where our "army" is going. down the drain along with the "soldiers" in it. this post made me have it up to here with these guys. bring it society. when i'm dead for no apparent reason in the near future, please refer to my last/latest internet post. that will give some insight why i disappeared, and maybe even an idea of who did it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

world war 2 deployments weren't just 12 months. yeah those people were messed up, but i hope you take into consideration the types of things the people saw and dealt with in world war 2, opposed to a person's mental stability in these "wars" we are in currently. i'm sorry but this shouldn't have anything to do with his actions in afghanistan. but thanks for your input. but as far as the rest of this post, i totally agree

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join