It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

WE KNOW!

However it takes a while for THAT penny to drop and by the time it does, we are on the front line fighting for our lives...

That is why we fight for each other and NOT out of loyalty to ANY government not worth our spit...

What do you expect us to do when we are there??? Do you expect us to say "fk this, Im not going to fire for the sake of those bastard corporations?" Because if you do then you are away with the fairies...

When our boots touch the ground we are fighting for our lives.. Not some corporation... They are firing at us too you know? So putting down our rifles and waving at the Taliban and saying fk this # lets be friends...
... We would get slaughtered!!

But some on here would like that it seems...

If you do not want us in Afghanistan then ffs GET US OUT!!!

PLEASE!!!!

Stop sending us.. Vote for Ron Paul... Get active.. Start getting at your reps.. That or stfu...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

if I remember correctly soldiers are getting paid for their JOB!?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
reply to post by Petest205

Lol, I didn't know we needed "authorization" to kill innocent civilians

i would be very careful on the comments you make on here when it come to civilians

just giving you heads up

Why is that? Are ban's incoming or something?
You shouldn't make veiled threats dude, ATS is mostly anonymous, it's not FB

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There's a lot of repeat tour soldiers deploying back-to-back too often.
This is the danger of the MIC clearly exposed.
One man's cracked under the pressure in a really bad way.
He's likely seen too many of his fellow's killed and injured and the bad guys get away with it.
So something's gone *snap* and off he went.
He'll be given a a fair trial and hopefully not thrown to the dogs. As if the Afgan's get hold of him he's done for...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

Its NOT just a job..... Its a way of life.... Money does not come into it except for buying beer.... And yes we do our jobs, so a worker is worthy of his wages no?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

when Afghanis kill their oppressors they are EVIL.

when US soldiers kill Afghanis they are heroes with an issue.

Do you not understand the concept of war?

What has happened is a tragedy and nothing short if murder (no matter his mental state). But the afghanis (Taliban) will always be the enemy.

You must remember, the Taliban were an awfully cruel regime. No matter are reason for the war, keeping them out of power is a good thing!

ALS

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Greetings JM...

You response to this poster is what we discussed a while back. I feel the same as the poster.

I have been in a long time. I feel betrayed to a degree by the citizens of my country. They remain ignorant of the world outside. They refuse to educate themselves. Sure, they shake my hand sometimes and thank me for my service but a better thanks would take the form of a more active role in what their politicians do. The citizens are the ones who allow war to happen. Period. You don't want war with Syria/Iran/etc? Great, how do propose to stop it? How do you propose your government stops mismanaging it's military? Do you like paying for wars that do not support your interests? Most Americans see these adventures as little more than something to discuss like the weather or the economy. They have ZERO connection to it. I would offer they do not want a connection to it. It is easier to blame the military than assume their inherent responsibility.

In the thread we discussed earlier, I was asked by someone else if I would fight for the people or the NWO? I fight for the ideals in the Constitution but mainly what is right, what is humane on the ground. I fight so me and the dudes on my right and left are able to be here tomorrow to try to make it right. No guarantees of success. That may have nothing to do with Americans, the NWO, the People (who left me out to dry), or whatever.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by seiva7

when Afghanis kill their oppressors they are EVIL.

when US soldiers kill Afghanis they are heroes with an issue.

Do you not understand the concept of war?

What has happened is a tragedy and nothing short if murder (no matter his mental state). But the afghanis (Taliban) will always be the enemy.

You must remember, the Taliban were an awfully cruel regime. No matter are reason for the war, keeping them out of power is a good thing!

ALS

and of course, killing few civilians along the way is worth it.

thank you come again.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Who can blame a man for going insane after that many tours, to places where he is hated and despised?

A human being can only take so much.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
with all the soldiers here complaining maybe a Union of US soldiers would be a good idea to get more rights for the brothers of war.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
Who can blame a man for going insane after that many tours, to places where he is hated and despised?

while at the same time people of Afghanistan are loved and cherished by the Liberation Troops of Amerika.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Soldiers who have made the "choice" to be sent to a country to risk their lives for debatable agendas from their leader, compared to a solider killing innocent civilians including 9 children who had no choice in the matter is not really a good example of a double standard in my opinion.

Actually, I think it is a good one - the two officers killed were killed in an office sitting at their desks doing paperwork. Had they died in a firefight or combat engagement you'd be right their deaths would be fairly expected in that scenario.

They were killed by an Afghani Intelligence Officer who shot them in the head - execution style. Our Soldier will be tried and convicted in my guess. The Afghani I presume will walk away a hero unless someone gunned him down at the time - had I been there I would have. Had an American Soldier gunned down a couple of his own officers in the HQ I'd have gunned him down too. I don't know the details.

Most Afghani Soldiers, and I personally trained and worked with more than 10000 or so are decent guys who are not extremist in their views at all - so just because one Afghani happened to lose his head and go on a rampage in the headquarters doesn't make them all bad.

He was an extremist who reacted poorly to the situation and likely had some screws lose to kill a couple officers with whom he presumably worked in the office. I bear the Afghani people or Soldiers no ill will for his criminal act. It was not an act taken in the heat of battle or combat it was a crime plain and simple.

However, look at this thread and the responses - our guy lost it and went on a killing spree, which is murder in Afghanistan, England, or the US of A doesn't matter. He was a criminal committing a criminal act not a Soldier in combat. The responses are claiming US Soldiers are all criminals and killers... Pathetic double standard.

If you can't see the double standard - I feel for you.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Internet tough guy, aren't you?

who else would you "gun down"?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
also, I don't understand all the comments trying to somehow justify this act.

and don't you dare talking like it was an exception.

pissing on dead civilians and collecting fingers, killing people for sport: it seems like it's not just one bad apple.

more like a bad apple basket.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
That fact is, we are there. Our political leaders have hamstrung us in terms of combat, rules, alliances theychange every day.
Surrender and it all goes away. We all go away.
edit on 11-3-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

I think you hit right there for what will eventually have to happen if the U.S. Government holds true to form and just never gets the idea that it's time to cut bait and head home. It took Iraqi jihadis years to learn such a simple lesson, but even they finally got it and ....more or less....played nice until the end of December when it became a done deal and irreversible.

Just play possum, stop fighting and act like we won. American leaders will lap it up like a thirsty tabby to fresh milk and American Forces will be leaving within record time for the political points. Everyone can return to the previously scheduled slaughters and civil war as soon as the point of no return is reached for the last troops.

You make a GREAT point Beezer. Anyone can look at history. The United States doesn't return to places where victory wasn't clear....or was really in the hands of the enemy at the end. We won't be back there. They just have to give the illusion long enough, so we can leave.

edit on 11-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

Do not put words into my mouth!

Where have I said it is acceptable. It Isn't.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

actually what were they doing in Iraq all these years?

found any WMD's in the end or not???

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

Are you serious....complaining?

The general tenor has been the absence of good citizenship on the part (well, in my case) of the American public. That is a fact. Undeniable. There are some who give a damn and try but the majority do not want the responsibility. They want to ride the bus for free but complain where it is going.

At this point in my life and career, I write them off as dead weight. Not worth complaining over. On this thread I am PO about the idea it is the military's fault all wars happen. That is cowardice manifesting itself in key strokes.

link   

Originally posted by seiva7

Originally posted by Garfee

while at the same time people of Afghanistan are loved and cherished by the Liberation Troops of Amerika.

Try not to use my posts to put words into my mouth, or insinuate I believe something other than what I have written, thanks.

If you like you may refute my claim that a man can only take so much.

link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by seiva7

Do not put words into my mouth!

Where have I said it is acceptable. It Isn't.

but it sure helps keeping taliban out of the game?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join