It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are recent strong Flares and CME's related to The reverse of the Earth's Magnetic Poles? M 8.4in

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

TextSOLAR FLARE ALERT: A strong solar flare greater than M5.0 is currently in progress. More information to follow.

3/10/2012 @ 17:40 UTC Sunspot 1429 Flares Again A strong solar flare is currently in progress around Sunspot 1429 on Saturday afternoon. This flare is currently at M8.0+. Stay Tuned for more information. You can also follow this website and all of the latest solar news on SolarHam Facebook by clicking "LIKE".
source(solarham.com...

Could be recent strong geomagnetic storms related to the reverse of the Earth's Magnetic Poles?

Because we already know this is a process that started some time ago.

Also in the history of Earth many reverses of the magnetic poles are random as time and nobody knows who might actually be the real cause of their production.

Also we know that a reverse of the Sun's magnetic poles would have to happen so far.

But they didn't flip,so maybe this delay can be the reason why we have strong flares and CME's,but this also could be a sign that the reverse of Earth's magnetic poles may be a rapid and a violent one.
This was presented somehow here because there was not enough data to put together in order to get the big picture.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-3-2012 by diamondsmith because: title

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Because we already know this is a process that started some time ago.

Can I get a source for that please?

From my understanding the polls change locatione very year, by a few miles in whatever direction the magnetosphere is strongest or something like that.

Reversal?

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sure,

tEarth’s Magnetic North Pole is shifting from its current location in northern Canada at a faster rate than has ever before been observed.

The movement could have significant impact for both aircraft navigation and some types of migratory wildlife in the decades ahead, experts warn. Hundreds of miles south of the geographic North Pole, the location of the Magnetic North Pole was first determined in 1833.

It seemed to barely move until about 1904, when its position began to track northeastward about nine miles per year. The speed began to increase significantly in a northwesterly direction about 1998, and now averages about 37 miles each year.

This means the pole will be located in northern Russia later this century if the movement and speed don’t change. Air transportation uses magnetic compass directions for navigation, meaning airports are having to rename their runways as the shift continues. Wildlife that can sense Earth’s magnetic field to migrate may also become affected by the change.
source(www.earthweek.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Lets see here, The suns magnetic, The earth is magnetic. Yep could definitely be related to each other. I think the answer could be as simple as that. And anyone that claims it's not related has just about as much proof as the people who claim it is.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

And anyone that claims it's not related has just about as much proof as the people who claim it is.
From my perspective the question is not about the proof but more about the process it self.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Ok, so my question would be, how do we know this isn't just the natural cycle of poles changing? It seems according to the data that this happens quite slowly and that a instant reversal is highly unlikely or impossible, without some sort of outside influence.

I tend to be very skeptical of things we know very little about and only have small historical data pools to pull our theories from. In this case, we don't have that much history of what the polls looked like millions of years ago, or thousands of years ago ( other than again, educated guesses based on our current understanding of them) in order to make these important claims.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Ok, so my question would be, how do we know this isn't just the natural cycle of poles changing? It seems according to the data that this happens quite slowly and that a instant reversal is highly unlikely or impossible, without some sort of outside influence.

I tend to be very skeptical of things we know very little about and only have small historical data pools to pull our theories from. In this case, we don't have that much history of what the polls looked like millions of years ago, or thousands of years ago ( other than again, educated guesses based on our current understanding of them) in order to make these important claims.

~Tenth

i don't believe anyone said it wasn't natural.
edit on 10-3-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Maybe this happen in arithmetic regression(progression) as cycles,

A geomagnetic reversal is a change in the Earth's magnetic field such that the positions of magnetic north and magnetic south are interchanged. The Earth's field has alternated between periods of normal polarity, in which the direction of the field was the same as the present direction, and reverse polarity, in which the field was in the opposite direction. These periods are called chrons. The time spans of chrons are randomly distributed with most being between 0.1 and 1 million years. Most reversals are estimated to take between 1,000 and 10,000 years. The latest one, the Brunhes–Matuyama reversal, occurred 780,000 years ago. Brief disruptions that do not result in reversal are called geomagnetic excursions.
source(en.wikipedia.org...

Because Sun has a 11 years cycle that we know about also he can have a big cycle of which we don't know about ,related to the geological history of the Earth's evidence for magnetic poles reversal.
edit on 10-3-2012 by diamondsmith because: add

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I would say no .. the earth's polls shift on a cyclical basis .. it happens .. ok I spoke too soon, I suppose it could be possible if the CME's are equally cyclical .. but I just don't think that's the case..

It's probably more related to the axis of the earth and the wobble effect that results from it.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

That's probably the more likely scenario that there's a pattern we just aren't privy to since we haven't looked long or hard enough. I know the cycles issue was brought into question recently because of the Sun being in a maximum yet having little to no activity?

Perhaps I read wrong on that one, but I know there was something to suggest our Sun wasn't acting as we should expect.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I tend to be very skeptical of things we know very little about and only have small historical data pools to pull our theories from.
From geological perspective I think there is proof,from the Sun - Science & Space perspective there is no recorded data in terms of millions of years.

In the early 20th century geologists first noticed that some volcanic rocks were magnetized opposite to the direction of the local Earth's field. The first estimate of the timing of magnetic reversals was made in the 1920s by Motonori Matuyama, who observed that rocks with reversed fields were all of early Pleistocene age or older. At the time, the Earth's polarity was poorly understood and the possibility of reversal aroused little interest.[1][2] Three decades later, when Earth's magnetic field was better understood, theories were advanced suggesting that the Earth's field might have reversed in the remote past. Most paleomagnetic research in the late 1950s included an examination of the wandering of the poles and continental drift. Although it was discovered that some rocks would reverse their magnetic field while cooling, it became apparent that most magnetized volcanic rocks preserved traces of the Earth's magnetic field at the time the rocks had cooled. In the absence of reliable methods for obtaining absolute ages for rocks, it was thought that reversals occurred approximately every million years.[1][2]
source(en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I suppose it could be possible if the CME's are equally cyclical .. but I just don't think that's the case.
Not the CME's equally cyclical,more the 11 year cycle which had to result in reversal of magnetic poles of the sun, which didn't happened yet what can lead us to the abstract conclusion that flares and CME's from the sun can be the result of this delay coupled with a higher cycle of the sun and random factors indefinite context.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Earth's polar reversals have not occurred on any regular cycle. There is no regularity in the timing between or in the length of time a particular orientation lasts.
upload.wikimedia.org...

Statistical analysis of one version of the magnetic reversal record suggests that the frequency of reversals has changed cyclically with a period of 30 Myr starting at least 165 Myr ago. But factors other than periodicity affect the analysis used and here I show that there is no compelling evidence for periodicity in the reversal record. The results of essentially identical analyses that have been applied to other geolocial data should also be re-evaluated.

www.nature.com...

There is no reason to believe that the reversal of the Sun's magnetic poles has any relationship to the reversal of Earth's magnetic poles.

edit on 3/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I call this the Aurora conspiracy.
Oh look at the lights but the currents vibrating through capacitor Earth are
there 24/7 and the light show is just an overload.
Now as we all know a capacitor can only pass vibrations.
Thus we must consider high voltage AC currents at work which flow one way.
If anything the regular Sun current produces the Earth magnetic field.

Thus magnetic pole reversal requires a physical pole flip as Velikovsky summarized
occurred within human recorded history at least once in his research of ancient writings.
So I think no reversal until a physical flip and the controlling potential on the Sun
determines the Earth magnetic poles.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is a very geocentric view of the universe. The Earth's influence on the Sun is quite insignificant. Our magnetic field doesn't even reach the Sun, so how could a geomagnetic reversal on Earth affect the Sun? Not to mention that this entire theory relies on the fact that the Earth is going through a geomagnetic reversal which hasn't been proven to be occurring.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I call this the Aurora conspiracy. Oh look at the lights but the currents vibrating through capacitor Earth are there 24/7 and the light show is just an overload.
Can be called this way the problem is if they will repeat and mental break which did not happen that something can not happen.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If magnetic pole flips were recorded millions of years ago at the least I would
call the summoning of a pole flip a little over anxious. When planet rocks were banding
about flipping one another the magnetism set of by the Sun would be duly recorded.
Earth magnetism has to be any residual and active from the Sun currents.
Thus how would anyone say there were pole flips recorded. What they do not know
is that a physical is the cause of a magnetic pole reversal. If they did know they
would say so. If they knew the source of the magnetism they would say a physical
flip had to occur. Thus we are working with wizards and captive minds that can't come
close to telling us out of fear of reprisals in the scientific dictatorship. I like to tell all
the secrets as possible so as soon as all the agents will know more than their bosses and
cause a flip in cartel structure can occur relieving us of nowhere science claims.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

The Earth's influence on the Sun is quite insignificant. Our magnetic field doesn't even reach the Sun, so how could a geomagnetic reversal on Earth affect the Sun?
It's the Sun's influence on Earth which is visible now days as in the past,the strong flares and CME's from the Sun could be the cause for Earth's magnetic poles reversal in the millions of years history.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

What they do not know is that a physical is the cause of a magnetic pole reversal. If they did know they would say so. If they knew the source of the magnetism they would say a physical flip had to occur. Thus we are working with wizards and captive minds that can't come close to telling us out of fear of reprisals in the scientific dictatorship
The know something I am sure of that and they have scientific data but it is difficult to make accurate long term measurements as long as the data changes from day to day.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I just thought of something interesting.
We see the Aurora when a big blast of electrically charged particles are sent to
Earth by the Sun. But what is going on 24/7, some electricity is going through
the Earth heating up magma and melting glacial ice. The smarty pants know it
alls of the .01% know for darn sure the same power could be used for free energy
yet tell us to conserve and tax us for their power consumption.

A situation where the power that is melting its way to our misfortune could be used
to resolve any catastrophe yet we are not allowed to know of the solution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join