It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COPS killing a another COP'S son. Full Witness bus video KELLY THOMAS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Heavy sigh...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sun Mar 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LedaOhio

Perhaps you could give a short description of the video and put it into context.

Here is a link to Kelly Thomas for those that may have forgotten:

Kelly Thomas was born April 5, 1974 to Ron Thomas, a former Orange County Sheriff's deputy,[7] and Cathy Thomas.[8] A diagnosed schizophrenic, he was a "fixture" among Fullerton's homeless population.[9]

Kelly Thomas (April 5, 1974 – July 10, 2011) was a 37-year-old homeless man suffering from schizophrenia, and living on the streets of Fullerton, California. He was fatally beaten by members of the Fullerton Police Department on July 5, 2011. Thomas was initially taken to St. Jude Medical Center in Fullerton but transferred to the UC Irvine Medical Center. He was comatose on arrival there and not expected to recover. He never regained consciousness.[2] Medical records show that bones in his face were broken and he choked on his own blood.[3] The coroner concluded that compression of the thorax made it impossible for Thomas to breathe normally and deprived his brain of oxygen.[4] His parents removed him from life support five days later, and he died from his injuries on July 10, 2011.[5] Officer Manuel Ramos was charged with one count of second-degree murder and one count of involuntary manslaughter; Corporal Jay Cicinelli was charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter and one count of excessive force.[4][6]
en.wikipedia.org...

Kelly Thomas

Kelly Thomas, after a fatal beating by officers of the Fullerton, California Police Department

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I thought all were aware and if not.. the video would have summed it up for them..

Sorry.. Still this story upsets me to no end..

Heavy sigh..

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well, if what the people on the bus said is true..... Those cops deserve to spend the rest of their lives in prison without a doubt.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Good catch Leda.

The Terms & Conditions of this site require a brief description and/or opinion of a posted video. There are members who can't open or access video posted and want to know what's going on from their iPhones and mobiles. There's an organized way of posting on this site, for members' benefit. It's a private site with specific rules we have to follow, some topics of illegal nature are strictly forbidden for example.

Here's an example of my opinion... Oh look, another kid killed by cops, and another march protesting police brutality... this should solve the problem once and for all!

edit on 9-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LedaOhio

I thought all were aware and if not.. the video would have summed it up for them..

Heavy sigh..

Some people have the attention span of a goldfish.
And won't bother clicking the start button of a youtube video without a brief description or summary.

I share your heavy sigh..

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Completely UNACCEPTABLE. I am surprised that their Station is still standing with all the OUTRAGE that should have been directed towards that department.

This could happen to ANYONE'S son or daughter.

Wonder whose son or daughter will be their NEXT victim...
edit on 9-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Don't know if it's in that video, but you may be interested in the history of one of those officers, Jay Cicinelli:

Jay Cicinelli, ex-LAPD Officer, Charged With Manslaughter in Kelly Thomas Beating; Fullerton Cop Manuel Ramos Gets Murder

Also, as I recall there are some related ATS threads....but, if this one brings a fresh perspective, then it adds to the layers of information.

Ah, here's one:

Police beat, taser mentally ill homeless man to death

edit on Fri 9 March 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Good catch Leda.

The Terms & Conditions of this site require a brief description and/or opinion of a posted video. There are members who can't open or access video posted and want to know what's going on from their iPhones and mobiles. There's an organized way of posting on this site, for members' benefit. It's a private site with specific rules we have to follow, some topics of illegal nature are strictly forbidden for example.

Jesus...go easy on the T & Cs sporto. You're starting to sound like a Tool...Tool.

On Topic:

The cops involved should be shot...after spending a year in general population.

edit on 9-3-2012 by facelift because: drunken grmmaar

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Here is a press release on the charges and details.

The 2 charged officers admitted they did not feel threatened by a weapon in possession, and in fact had already assessed and determined Thomas had no weapons before the beating.
Here are some Charges and Details PDF
More here:
www.fullertonsfuture.org...
I'm trying to get inside these guys heads to understand, and I wonder if it came down to a level of disgust and psychotically hard attitude towards homeless or criminals, to the point that they just want to squash and kill one like a bug, and this incident was the boiling point that facilitated such pent up rage. I know cops practice detachment and are hardened by their job, being exposed to the worse elements of society. BUT, they have to have restraint, both personally and for each other! I think they should be continually tested throughout their service, to determine if some are close to snapping.

When I first got news of this, I just knew this guy had a weapon, because only that could warrant such a beating, but now that we know there was not even a 'suspected' weapon.....out of control

Can't imagine how the family is handling this. Kelly's face looked like a war picture.
I bet this has caused some intense dynamics within the police community too, and hopefully this will serve to heighten the awareness of officers in recognizing this behavior and/or stop it. It is bad for everyone, but for the family, it will endure forever.
edit on 9-3-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: addition

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I thought I'd seen just about everything but I can honestly say I've never seen anyone in this condition before who hadn't been involved in a war or similar. It's definitely getting worse on planet earth.
ETA Thanks for posting OP, this happened before I joined ATS so was unaware of this tragic and hideous event.

edit on 9/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Good catch Leda.

Jesus...go easy on the T & Cs sporto. You're starting to sound like a Tool...Tool.

On Topic:

I referred her to this site, she came by my invite. Just trying to be a good referrer.
Thanks for the advice though, sporto.

ETA- 5 mins later, she just posted a thread with the word bullsh*t in the title... so yeah, I didn't want to see her get banned from here like she was on the DailyPaul. She has done a lot of research and it would be a shame to see her banned because of courtesy and T&C violations before she knew about them....

Tool.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Good catch Leda.

On Topic:

I referred her to this site, she came by my invite. Just trying to be a good referrer.
Thanks for the advice though, sporto.

I am still new.. (Leda)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Good catch Leda.

ETA- 5 mins later, she just posted a thread with the word bullsh*t in the title... so yeah, I didn't want to see her get banned from here like she was on the DailyPaul. She has done a lot of research and it would be a shame to see her banned because of courtesy and T&C violations before she knew about them....

Tool.

That is not allowed even if that is what she said?

It was a direct quote was all..

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

In case I might have missed your introduction thread, welcome to the madhouse

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I love our boys in blue, always keeping society safe. Good job cops! It's a shame they didn't beat and taser more helpless people that night. Oh well, I'm sure there's more protecting and serving where that came from

In another note, perhaps we should take measures to protect ourselves from the police?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Leda, I like the way you think, but it's a little too "raw" for ATS T&C policy, I'm just trying to look out for you so you can stick around for a while. You are well read and know what's what, but in here, it's a different world than on those other forums. This site has choice content hard to find other places, your voice can be heard by a lot of people here, I just didn't want to see you get tossed so quickly. Not trying to be a T&C "nerd", just trying to be helpful.
If my advice doesn't matter, have fun with that.

Why can't we all juss geddalong?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Besides moving to a place like where I live, which has no police force, what do you have in mind? I am all ears, the best protection I can think of is staying the hell away from them.
edit on Fri, 09 Mar 2012 21:57:39 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LedaOhio

Heavy sigh..

We don't all live on planet America so we don't all know of such things. And not all of us can view videos at the time we read a thread. And some of us wont click on a video without detail because it just might be utter garbage.

Having said that,

I feel sick knowing this happened. That image in this_is_who_we_ares post is horrible.

I have no words really, that can describe what I feel when I read of things like this.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Good catch Leda.

Here's an example of my opinion... Oh look, another kid killed by cops, and another march protesting police brutality... this should solve the problem once and for all!

Quit yo' Jibby Jabber Foo'!

I think...
What did you just say anyway? Did you just roll your eyes at the crime, or the op?

Oo

Another one, indicating they are rather frequent, and then an indication that pointing it out is futile.

I think I misread you somehow..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join