It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those that call themselves Christian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Jesus is God and unless you acknowledge that and bow your knee to him you will not have eternal life and die a second death this time spiritual. "Not the God of the OT" - You have clearly never read the Bible... Your ignorance is so startling its hard to even address your points sometimes. I mean where does one start when you are so far off truth and reality its quite something. Have you ever read the gospels? do you know when Jesus was talking about the Father he was talking about Yahweh of the old testament???

*yawn*

Jesus is not God... He was only a part of God... And that is not the topic at hand... theres plently of threads for you to preach on... please GO do it there... or elsewhere. Anywhere but at me...

I know your religion... And your arguements... we've had this little dance many times before... And im not interested what you preach. Or your silly assumptions.

Guess what. Jesus said in Matthew 28:19 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"

That has nothing to do with anything that is being discussed...

Really? Where do you get that kind of illogical fallacy from? If God made man and woman to populate the earth do you think he does not care about the sin of homosexuality? All sin will be judged accordingly on judgement day.

AGAIN... GO preach somewhere else...

This thread is not about homosexuality... I know you have some sort of weird obscession with it... but this isn't the place to deal with your frustration...

IF God has a plan... He also planned to make gay people... As i've said... perhaps its a way of ending someones genetic lineage... I don't know, ask God his purpose for making them...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Wow...

Thank God some people can read...

I just figured you were looking to ruffle feathers and be offensive so I didn't bother after that point reading any further.

Im not trying to be offensive, but if the issue offends... *shrug*

It happens...

I only attack when im attacked...

If you say so friend, it's offensive. like this comment in the "Babylon mystery" thread:

Im drawn to all christian threads because i see the error in a lot of their doctrine...

You might not even realize how rude and condescending those things are.

edit on 9-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Why would you take offence when its clearly not directed at you...

And im sorry if that statement offends you... But its true, and this thread is a perfect example of what im talking about.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why would you take offence when its clearly not directed at you...

You insulted all Christians man, that included me.

And im sorry if that statement offends you...But its true,

Yeah, if I'm offended again i guess I'll just keep it to myself. Your question abov shows you're not sorry, sorry people don't ask others why they are offended.

and this thread is a perfect example of what im talking about.

I'd hope so, you're the author aren't you?

edit on 9-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I insulted all christians by showing them the laws that were abolished?

One of your fellow Christians even quoted paul to back that up... he said those laws were canceled.

So what is the issue?

Was paul incorrect?

Your question abov shows you're not sorry, sorry people don't ask others why they are offended.

I disagree... im asking so i can understand why it was offensive... You even agreed with the point of this thread... on that thread!

edit on 9-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
True Christians know it is better to obey God than man.

And using Bible scripture out of context is common, so we won't hold it against you.

-The more you know, the less you really know.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Jesus is not God

You don't have to believe in Him, but yes, Jesus certainly is God, as certain as anything.

Jesus is God

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Rom 1:28-31 - And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind and to things that should not be done. They were filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, craftiness, they are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, rebellious toward parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Rom 1:28-31 - And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind and to things that should not be done. They were filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, craftiness, they are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, rebellious toward parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

Yes...

THAT certianly sounds like all of the gay people i know...

Wern't you leaving?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Jesus is not God

You don't have to believe in Him, but yes, Jesus certainly is God, as certain as anything.

Jesus is God

Not something we will ever agree my friend...

But again this is not the issue...

Colossians 2:13-14

13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross

Is he talking about this... or not?

www.jewfaq.org...

It seems to me hes not saying we'll pick which ones we like... and scrap the rest... He said its canceled...

edit on 9-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Closed for staff review

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Thread re-opened.

Caution, folks... keep this discussion civil and on topic or it will be permanently closed.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thank you for that Mods... And Masqua for keeping me updated.

This thread was almost closed for Obvious reasons.... So lets get some things straight right off the top.

For the last time.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY

Anyone posting anything related to that subject will be ignored in this thread...

So, now that the unpleasantness is behind us.... back to the topic at hand.... And as the mod said, lets keep it civil people......

Colossians 2:13-14

13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross

Is Paul talking about this... or not?

www.jewfaq.org...

It seems to me hes not saying we'll pick which ones we like... and scrap the rest... He said its canceled...

Now of course some of the laws on that list DO still apply... in order to find out which ones do... thats easy. As a Christian, you consult the Son of God... What he says stands, the rest are scrapped... Or is that not what paul is saying?

Does paul not say, "trust Jesus"?

So one could assume, anything that HE did not mention... has been scrapped. Or better yet, anything that his two commandments do not cover, has been scrapped.

Correct?

edit on 10-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Our debt to the law was nailed to the cross. We fulfil the entire law by following the Law of Love when we are in Christ:

Paul:

"Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God's law." ~ Romans 13:10

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Our debt to the law was nailed to the cross. We fulfil the entire law by following the Law of Love when we are in Christ:

Paul:

"Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God's law." ~ Romans 13:10

I knew you'd be the first one to reply...

Well said... And as i've said many times before, I DO admire pauls views on Love...

But the question remains.... Is what paul said valid or not?

He said specifically.... "the written law that kept us bound was CANCELED

Is that statement true... or not?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I knew you'd be the first one to reply...

Yeah, I'm home a lot lately. I apologize.

Is what paul said valid or not?

Paul got it from Jesus:

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

It's the Law of Love. Love God, Love everyone else more than you would your own self. Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sin, and just merely commanded us to love. That's why He said His "Yoke is easy and My burden is light."

edit on 10-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Nice to see this thread open again.
We all have a different perception of God.
But that does not change the fact that God has uncodiotional love for us, ALL OF US!!

Romans 5:8
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:23
Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

The conflict is in what was spoken and what was written. The laws say one thing while Christ has said another. But that still does not change the fact that he made all of us. The laws were written to please a God that demands perfection from his people, which in itself is ridiculous because we all know that there is only one perfect being, God. That is why he sent his son, to clear up all the misunderstanding, but yet here we are some 2,000 years later and we still got it wrong. I can not imagine what he is thinking..............

PLPL

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I believe you're dancing around the question...

Paul and more importantly, Jesus said those laws were Canceled... Does that mean ALL of those laws, or just the ones that don't suit certian peoples ideology?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I believe you're dancing around the question...

Paul and more importantly, Jesus said those laws were Canceled... Does that mean ALL of those laws, or just the ones that don't suit certian peoples ideology?

Dancing how? Jesus says something, Paul confirms it.

And we are not a party to certain ceremonial or priestly laws.

Stick with love, you fulfill the entire law.

edit on 10-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I believe Jesus said that he was not here to change the law, but to fulfill it.

And Jesus was not God, he was God in the flesh. IMO., thats how I read it anyways. Everyone has their own perspective.

I think when you look too much into it, you start to lean towards your own understanding. My children understand God more than all the adults I know. Which Jesus says look no further than your own children for salvation. Children are happy, trusting, and know that their parents (most anyways) will take care of them and keep them from falling. God is our father, and we are to love Him, trust Him, believe in Him, and He will keep us from falling.

I am still new at the true christianity stage, a babe in Christ. So I can not quote scriptures, or find them easily. I think this is why its simpler for me to understand, and being a dad of four I can understand why God punished us the way He did. But think of it this way. Is (average life span) 75 years of living on earth (punishment) really bad compared to an eternity of life with our Creator? I don't think so.

God is love. Through all the nonsense, conspiracies, controversies, hypocrisy, confusion, smoke screens, I still managed to come to Christ and repent, and have been moving closer to God every day. I was an atheist, and pushed God far far far away. I deserve all the bad that has happened, and now its nothing but good happening. The day my daughter was born was the day God smacked me in the kisser and told me He existed, very much so.

Look no further than a child. Ask a child who God is. My daughter, at age 3, answered: Love.

And I disagree with religion. Complete smoke screen. Just a diversion tactic. The truth stops with the truth. A lie runs in circles.
edit on 11-3-2012 by sting130u because: wanted to add something

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join