It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those that call themselves Christian

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You are arguing just to hear yourself argue.

No one that I know of hates homosexuals. Gays for the liberals. We do no judge as you judge us. We don't agree with the lifestyle because of the results to the individual and society in general. We don't participate because we see the lifestyle as harmful. and we are told not to participate from our God.

I don't hate you for drinking a coke either, and I feel the same about that. It's bad for you...... but it is your life.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Im talking about the 613 laws that some christians claim they still need to adhear to.... IF you look through that list in the OP you will see what i mean...

Gentiles weren't a party to those laws. We have to obey the 10 commandments, but Christ narrowed it to two that encompassed all 10. The Law of Love.

That being said...

Why do you have issues with homosexuality... Free will gives them their choice does it not?

IF you believe Paul... Thank you miniori

Colossians 2:13-14

13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross

How do you pick and choose which laws were canceled, when Jesus said nothing about being Gay?

It isn't "sexually immoral" if you're not causing harm... and its two consenting adults.

And it was one of the "laws" that were apparently "canceled" according to paul...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by Akragon

You are arguing just to hear yourself argue.

No one that I know of hates homosexuals. Gays for the liberals. We do no judge as you judge us. We don't agree with the lifestyle because of the results to the individual and society in general. We don't participate because we see the lifestyle as harmful. and we are told not to participate from our God.

I don't hate you for drinking a coke either, and I feel the same about that. It's bad for you...... but it is your life.

I am argueing to point out the flaws in a particular belief.... perhaps this should be a rant... thats up to the mods.

No one YOU know hates homosexuals... that doesn't mean they don't exist in your religion. Look at the shear amount of "hate threads" that condem Homosexuals on this forum alone...

AND.......

THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY......FFS!!

There are plently of other threads for that.... lets try to focus on the topic at hand...

Other then that particular law.... PLEASE!

:bnghd:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Jesus said "love thy neighbour"... He did not say... Love thy neighbour only if hes straight...

Who says we do not love homosexual people? We hate the sin not the person.

The only thing i see as immoral here is the fact that you condem those that choose a different lifestyle then yourself....

So its ok to be a pedophile as well because its a lifestyle choice?

I could litterally point out hundreds of things in the bible that would make you immoral if you followed it...

Go ahead. But what you deem as immoral doesn't make it so. What is your standard of morality?

Hating on homosexuals is only one of the many.

True Christians don't hate homosexuals we hate the sin.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Fancy seeing you here, why wouldn't you answer the question I posed here: ATS "ask a christian"
Heck I'll ask every Christian here, since it is just about the same question as Akragon's but framed differently.
To all Christians, I have a question for you: Do YOU believe that Jesus came to fulfill all righteousness so that you won't have to? OR, do you believe that it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness?
I personally believe that it is the latter, though I'm sure that the mere fact that I've stated my belief will bring some Christians to work against my beliefs through Paul's writings such as "we are no longer under the law", the law that they agree that Jesus did not come to abolish, they may even go against what Jesus said and play on Pauls words because Paul said that, "all scripture is given by God", and even then, if no one openly goes against my belief here, the relevance of my question to their very foundations would have them justifying their silence with the Pearls before Pigs scenario. Really, understand that I am not here to trample the words of Jesus whom said He didn't speak of his own accord but only what His Father gave him authority to speak. Here is why I think that Jesus expects "us" to DO what "we" are taught by Jesus to do (Remember the parable of the house built on a rock.). Now, here is why I believe that we are to fulfill all righteousness: But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he consented. -Matthew 3:15 Now I know that people will STILL go on to say that Jesus came to fulfill all righteousness so that we won't have to. Well, being baptized wasn't one of the original written laws but the still Jesus wasn't above the practice of being baptized and people will feel that because that practice wasn't a law that the laws are void. Well what do you think that Jesus came to preach? Did he go around telling everyone the Good News, as it is related to new converts today? Did he go around saying, I'm here so that you won't have to follow these laws anymore? Or did he say, I have not come to abolish the law? Remember when the Pharisees and Sadduccees came to be baptized? John called them a brood of vipers and sent them away without having baptized them. Why? Because he knew that they were just wanting to be baptized to make themselves feel better about their percieved state of salvation. People today say that all you have to do is repent and then go on to say that there isn't actually any good deeds, works or good fruits that are relevant to repentance but insist rather that repentance is all in the mind and can not be made manifest through actions. John told them: Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God. -Matthew 3:8. Looks like we could all use more bible study huh?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

If you're talking about this question, I didn't see it, I missed it.

Do you believe that a legitimate follower of Jesus can be a "slave to God" AND a "slave to sin" simultaneously?

We are a new creation in Christ Jesus. Freed from the bondage to sin. We're no longer slave to sin when we're born of the Holy Spirit. A person cannot serve two masters.

edit on 9-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Who says we do not love homosexual people? We hate the sin not the person.

Good answer... But their sins arn't your business... why don't you let them deal with their own issues?

So its ok to be a pedophile as well because its a lifestyle choice?

You should probably speak to your priests about that one... This thread isn't about Pedophiles either

Go ahead. But what you deem as immoral doesn't make it so. What is your standard of morality?

Likely the same source as yours... Though i believe i understand HIM better...

Can we get off the homosexual topic please... theres other threads for that....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Good answer... But their sins arn't your business... why don't you let them deal with their own issues?

Yeah lets just have a "let them get on with it attitude" and let them die in their sins? Kinda thing Jesus taught right? *Sigh*

You should probably speak to your priests about that one... This thread isn't about Pedophiles either

I'm not a catholic and I don't have priests. This isn't the school yard, if you can't be mature find a website for teens.

Likely the same source as yours... Though i believe i understand HIM better...

By your posts on these forums I do not think you know God at all.

Can we get off the homosexual topic please... theres other threads for that....

Well you keep bringing up the Book of Leviticus. So I will mention that verse to prove my point. That some commandments/laws from the OT do still apply today including the homosexual one.
edit on 9-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

If you're talking about this question, I didn't see it, I missed it.

Do you believe that a legitimate follower of Jesus can be a "slave to God" AND a "slave to sin" simultaneously?

We are a new creation in Christ Jesus. Freed from the bondage to sin. We're no longer slave to sin when we're born of the Holy Spirit. A person cannot serve two masters.

You seem to be hoping that I'm stupid enough to not know that Jesus said a person cannot serve two masters. If you will have read that thread correctly, you'd find that the question that you are JUST NOW trying to answer wasn't even directed at you. My last question on that thread, the question that was directed at you as you and others will see, was "Do you believe that Jesus came to fullfill all righteousness so that you won't have to, OR is it fitting for us to fullfill all rightteousness"? If you'd have read my first post here in this very thread, you'd know that I wasn't talking about how Paul claimed to be a slave to God, then seven chapters into his book called Romans, went on to admit he was "all too human, a slave to sin".
Edit: I forgot to add that just because you claim to have been born of the Holy Spirit, it does not make you immune to sin, nor the consequences thereof. Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit after being baptized, then he was sent by the Holy Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. Satan would not have tempted Jesus if it were impossible for Jesus to have negative consequences for hisownself if he gave in to Satan's offers of "all this I will give to you if you will bow down and worship me". For a "believer" to convince themselves that sin does not lead to death, is folly.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yeah lets just have a "let them get on with it attitude" and let them die in their sins? Kinda thing Jesus taught right?

No he taught "no one knows whats in another mans heart, but God"...

What they do in their private time is none of your business... It doesn't change who that person is in their heart...

I'm not a catholic and I don't have priests. This isn't the school yard, if you can't be mature find a website for teens.

you're one to talk... Lets not go there...

By your posts on these forums I do not think you know God at all.

Correct!!

I DO NOT know your God... I know mine... Clearly they are not the same...

Well you keep bringing up the Book of Leviticus. So I will mention that verse to prove my point. That some commandments/laws from the OT do still apply today including the homosexual one.

So again... you break your own rules as you see fit...

Picking which laws are best suited to your beliefs while disregarding the ones you don't like...

How christian of you...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
A sin is a sin. I did not realize there was a ranking system. I know the Catholic religion has a mortal and a venial sin theory......hogwash. For those who do not know what it is:

www.ewtn.com...

The person pointing their finger at the "sin" is just as guilty as the sinner.

And for further information about breaking Gods laws:

James 2:10

10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

It really saddens me that our creator has been so wrongly misinterpreted. He even sent his only son down to show us the right way, and we managed to pervert even that lesson. Come on people open your eyes, how many more ways he can show us.........

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No he taught "no one knows whats in another mans heart, but God"... What they do in their private time is none of your business... It doesn't change who that person is in their heart...

Verse? Otherwise stop pretending you know the scriptures.

Jesus taught love thy neighbour as thyself. Now would you want your self to go to hell? Sharing the gospel is the most loving thing you can do for a person. He didn't say sit back and let them be deceived.

Correct!! I DO NOT know your God... I know mine... Clearly they are not the same...

That's called Idolatry. You made a God up in your head to fit your own liking which is not the one true God of the Bible.

So again... you break your own rules as you see fit... Picking which laws are best suited to your beliefs while disregarding the ones you don't like... How christian of you...

You are really not here to have a civilized discussion are you...?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Verse? Otherwise stop pretending you know the scriptures.

Jesus taught love thy neighbour as thyself. Now would you want your self to go to hell? Sharing the gospel is the most loving thing you can do for a person. He didn't say sit back and let them be deceived.

15And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

And this subject is not "highly esteemed"... Regardless, God knows whats in everyones heart... Somehow i don't think he pays attention to ones sexual preferences... After all HE made them that way, who are you to say otherwise?

That's called Idolatry. You made a God up in your head to fit your own liking which is not the one true God of the Bible

I disagree... The bible isn't Gods word... The God i follow is the one Jesus spoke about... NOT the God of the OT.... They are not the same...

The truth hurts sometimes... I already said this thread wasn't directed at you... YOU came after me...

I asked you to leave as well... rudely and politely... I also considered ignoring you in this thread, but you started to act civil... then you attack me again...

I give what i get bud...

edit on 9-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Akragon

I figure that out after reading this in the OP:

Now i know NOT all christians have this misconception... so this thread isn't addressed to those of you who actually understand.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Wow...

Thank God some people can read...

I was going to put that line in a bolded Scrolling line that reads ****ATTENTION*** but the 4 hours editing time was up

edit on 9-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Wow...

I just figured you were looking to ruffle feathers and be offensive so I didn't bother after that point reading any further.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Wow...

I just figured you were looking to ruffle feathers and be offensive so I didn't bother after that point reading any further.

Im not trying to be offensive, but if the issue offends... *shrug*

It happens...

I only attack when im attacked...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I disagree... The bible isn't Gods word... The God i follow is the one Jesus spoke about... NOT the God of the OT.... They are not the same...

Jesus is God and unless you acknowledge that and bow your knee to him you will not have eternal life and die a second death this time spiritual. "Not the God of the OT" - You have clearly never read the Bible... Your ignorance is so startling its hard to even address your points sometimes. I mean where does one start when you are so far off truth and reality its quite something. Have you ever read the gospels? do you know when Jesus was talking about the Father he was talking about Yahweh of the old testament???

15And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Guess what. Jesus said in Matthew 28:19 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"

And this subject is not "highly esteemed"... Regardless, God knows whats in everyones heart... Somehow i don't think he pays attention to ones sexual preferences...

Really? Where do you get that kind of illogical fallacy from? If God made man and woman to populate the earth do you think he does not care about the sin of homosexuality? All sin will be judged accordingly on judgement day.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Wow...

Im not trying to be offensive, but if the issue offends... *shrug*

It happens...

I only attack when im attacked...

If you say so friend, it's offensive. like this comment in the "Babylon mystery" thread:

Im drawn to all christian threads because i see the error in a lot of their doctrine...

You might not even realize how rude and condescending those things are.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I mean where does one start when you are so far off truth and reality its quite something. Have you ever read the gospels? do you know when Jesus was talking about the Father he was talking about Yahweh of the old testament???

There is a member in another thread that continues to argue with me that YHWH from the OT is lucifer. And that same person refuses to tell me what "Eliyahu" (Elijah) means in Aramaic. Then contrast his name meaning with what happened on Mt. Carmel. lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join