It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained explosion caught live on Phoenix news broadcast

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Unexplained explosion caught live on Phoenix news broadcast

news.yahoo.com

Phoenix's FOX 10 reporter Andrea Robinson was in the middle of an on-air report when an unexplained, bright white explosion appeared in the distance behind her.

The strange blast was caught on tape and aired live during Robinson's report. At first, news station employees thought the explosion was a transformer. But when FOX 10 checked with local utility providers APS and Salt River Project, they were told no transformers had blown in the area
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.officer.com

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Its funny the article mentions the Phoenix lights and Travis Walton who I guess now lives in Az. It looks pretty large. I think a transformer blowing is viable but they say there are no reports of that. It seems to be coming from the horizon or ground level.

About a year ago citizens were hearing loud explosions. (see link)

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I know the search engine feature here isn't to good but this was posted yesterday.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Naw it was just me taking a happy snap of the family with my new camera.

I wonder what it could be.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There was a similar vid posted recently from Europe somewhere I believe. Everyone wrote that off as a transformer as well, but I don't believe anyone actually confirmed with local power. Have to wonder about that one too.

Thanks for posting, quite interesting...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

Sorry if there was a thread on this. I used the search engine typing "unexplained explosion Phoenix" but didn't notice a finding on this..

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Since it was low in the horizon, it looks (to me) to have been a power transformer that took a dump...

Just a thought!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

why is it so dark at 8:30 AM?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If you look at the article it says they checked and it wasn't a transformer. I don't understand how no one could know in a large city like Phoenix. Someone said it was a "bolide", but bolide can be any unexplained explosion, so that doesn't help us figure out what it actually was!
edit on 9-3-2012 by UltraDOSEcious because: Justremembered

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
NOT a transformer.....read the article....
There was a you tube video of unexplained sound that had a similar flash in it......but in the sky.....
other reports from russia recently of explosions of unknown origin.....
This may be pehenomena that is associated with the changing space conditions which our world is now passing thru......

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if the people of phoenix are having some serious memory loss today..

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I wonder if it has any connection to the smell people in Phoenix were complaining about just a week or so ago. Maybe a minor sewer gas explosion.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ive seen something similar to that in Carson California about 3 weeks ago.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

it looks to me that was a build up of static electricity otherwise known as ball lighting. nothing to worry about.

or it could be someone cooking bbq and using to much lighter fluid which exploded but i think its one

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Could this have something to do with the flashes in the sky that have been reported on here in the last few months

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by stirling

Does anyone know if polar-shifting would create atmospherical phenomena? Seen it in a movie , that is why I ask.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This video has a bunch of clips of similar events, particularly around 1:50

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoNotForgetMe
Reply to post by stirling

Does anyone know if polar-shifting would create atmospherical phenomena? Seen it in a movie , that is why I ask.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

It looks like it was on the ground or else I might wonder for fun. Im pretty sure if the poles shifted alot of atmospheric phenomena would occur though!

Its like ball lightning but in a building. I think this also happened a week or two ago near scottsdale. From the looks of the video this would've happened down town. Not sure if it was east enough to be @ sky harbor. A explosion of some type of gas would look like that too, I know a waste mgmt plant is south, but that too is sounth west of sky harbor in Mesa. Another thought is in the direction of the explosion alot alot of defense contractor/weapon manf/ and other science companie exist. Maybe an a.m test gone astray?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join