It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained explosion caught live on Phoenix news broadcast

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This reminds me of that video where the lady is on the phone with the police dispatch, hearing a loud noise in the sky like a tornado or something. She continues to record it, then all of a sudden there's a bright flash and the sound goes away. It's so quiet you can even hear rain drops.

Never did understand that one. I'd dismiss it for random noise but the flash ending it all in the sky is way too weird.
edit on 3/9/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Anybody got a link to a better video? Would like to find the location and see what is in the line of sight. To me it looks like a transformer issue.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
@JackBauer: You are talking about this one, it also crossed my mind when I watched the video. In my opinion there is definitely a similarity between those two explosions.

Are there probably any reports about strange noises in that area?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Double post, sry - @mods pls delete.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Danowski because: Double

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danowski
@JackBauer: You are talking about this one, it also crossed my mind when I watched the video. In my opinion there is definitely a similarity between those two explosions.

Are there probably any reports about strange noises in that area?

thats crazy, wtf is that

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think I figured out what it is...

A Chevy Volt blew up...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

That was an excellent video depicting various footages of these unexplained bright lights near the ground! I've never seen or heard of this phenomena before, but upon watching your video, my gut instinct said that these were flashes caused by "people" traveling to/from Earth to another place...or time.

If you watch the daytime Japanese footage near the end of the video, you'll see small spherical objects appearing and disappearing in the sky not too far above and around the flashing ground-based anomoly.

These spheres have been witness around crop circles as well. Wish I knew more about this. It's far more fascinating than the daily life grind B.S. that most people are preoccupied with.

Ordinarily, you'd expect the respective country's National Security agencies to go banana's in attempting to find out if an enemy is behind what could be threats to the country. But we get nothing but silence and business as usual. It could only be because they've already been briefed and could even be a part of these "events".

-cwm

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I honestly can't believe so many of you folks believe in space men, ah women, ah whatever. What a crock. That's why I enjoy listening to 'Coast to Coast' and listening to all the crazies out there. What a great way to fall asleep.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

I honestly cannot understand why you seem to be so close minded?

Such a limited,ignorant view point in comparison when you consider a vast,unfathomable Universe. (Multiverse, depending on whom you ask
)

And yet we are still discovering new species around the world,have barely skimmed the surface in our pursuit of knowledge when it comes to our oceans,rain forests let alone knowledge of our solar system.

Billions of galaxies that have billions of stars,planets...Believing that there is no life other then ourselves is what I would call a "crock".

I respect your opinion, And I can do it all the while refraining from belittling or labeling you because of your limiting view point.

I can sleep well knowing that no matter what remains to be discovered,explained and understood,I believe the possibility and potential of our reality & universe remains infinite imho,That way I have left my mind open lest I be a fool caught with my pants down.

edit on 9-3-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Very nice "Men in Black" reference. I gotta get my hands on one of those flashy things.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Will a moderator please remove my comment above. It was off topic and others will just continue to go off topic on why I should open my mind and believe in star travelers from other planets in other galaxies, thank you. Na nu na nu as Mork would say...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Ball lightning is starting to sound like the weather balloon of the new millenium.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects

Its funny the article mentions the Phoenix lights and Travis Walton who I guess now lives in Az. It looks pretty large. I think a transformer blowing is viable but they say there are no reports of that. It seems to be coming from the horizon or ground level.

About a year ago citizens were hearing loud explosions. (see link)

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

When Tesla was doing his experiments in Colorado there were reports of some bizarre happenings around the town where his lab was situated. There were reports of bright flashes, mega thunder and lightning on a clear day, power outages, and glowing grass to name a few.

Cheers to the home experimenter. Tesla was right eh?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It looks to me like a transformer exploded at the Deer Valley Water Treatment Plant electrical substation just south of the Metrocenter mall complex.

News image of mystery explosion from traffic webcam...

Location and daylight view from same traffic webcam....

Orientation and distance between traffic webcam and substation...

Close up of substation.

Mystery Solved?

edit on 9-3-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I live in Phoenix and know the area very well. I was able to pinpoint the location of the traffic camera as 33°32'45.65"N, 112° 6'43.34"W. The camera is pointed northwest.

Due to the quality of the news video it is hard to judge distance, so trying to calculate the exact location of the explosion is nearly impossible.

Live video from the traffic camera can be viewed at the ADOT website (Choose I17 S of Northern).

News video frame:

Traffic camera frame:

Perhaps someone with more experience with triangulating can get a better idea of the exact location.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
This reminds me of that video where the lady is on the phone with the police dispatch, hearing a loud noise in the sky like a tornado or something. She continues to record it, then all of a sudden there's a bright flash and the sound goes away. It's so quiet you can even hear rain drops.

Never did understand that one. I'd dismiss it for random noise but the flash ending it all in the sky is way too weird.
edit on 3/9/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

That happened on "Back to the Future" when the lightning struck the clock tower, all of a sudden the storm stopped and it was silent!!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My friend, who lives in Southern california-- the same day as this- seen a 1 second (or so) flash of green light by the beach. thought it was strange.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

That sounds like a Green Flash. It occurs can occur on the East Coast when the Sun is rising and on the West Coast when the Sun is setting. If atmospheric conditions are right the light from the Sun refracts and you get a flash of green. They're quite rare. Your friend's lucky.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

So great to see a logical person...good work. I just talked to the TV station again and they said they really are not putting a lot of effort into finding the answer. That speaks volumes of the concern.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Not for nothing, but I really think we should be on the look out for this guy...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join