It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up To 100 Emo, LGBT, "Vampire", & "Satanic" Youth Massacred In Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
When I read the thread title, this picture came to mind, so I had to make it.

edit on 10-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Emo is a Western thing and clearly Iraqs' traditional culture isn't ready for it yet. Why should we expect Iraq to embrace Emo's when we cant even accept women in burkas?

That being said, killing is totally unjustified.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Yea I always thought that Iraqi's had no emotion!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

What? You´ve never heard of Acrassicauda?
I was surprised when i first heard that there was a metal band from Iraq,
it was a documentary called "Heavy Metal Baghdad", somewhat touching story.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 10-3-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Why is it when a state or country is highly influenced/brainwashed by religion, they feel the need to go on a witch hunt? All hairless monkey extremists listen up: Not everyone believes in the same thing, nor do they want too; just because you consider yourself in the majority and use the majority to justify, all your backward actions does not make those actions, just or right. Conformity of the individual lead only to police states and other George Orwellian nightmares...so by all means keep it up you Nazis.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
isn't this what "emo" people want? "not like anybody cares"

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Merticus

Multiple reports are coming out from Iraq today concerning the massacre of up to 100 teenagers deemed to be ...........and sexually depraved"

So they are killing people because they aren´t getting any?

What kind of logic is that?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LionOfGOD

Thanks for that link. I saw a documentairy about them a few years back, but forgot the name and was wondering what happened to them. I thought it was Abracarcouda or something lol.

They´re pretty good.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo

Multiple reports are coming out from Iraq today concerning the massacre of up to 100 teenagers deemed to be ...........and sexually depraved"

depraved
not
deprived.
BIG DIFFERENCE.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

depraved
not
deprived.
BIG DIFFERENCE.

There actually isn't much difference, usually.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The latest...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Stoned to death for being an emo: NINETY Iraqi students killed for having 'strange hair and tight clothes'
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 05:55 EST, 10 March 2012 | UPDATED: 07:55 EST, 10 March 2012

More than 90 Iraqi students have been stoned to death for their Emo haircuts by religious extremists in Baghdad in the past month after an interior ministry statement dubbed it devil worshipping.

Iraq's Moral Police released a statement on the interior ministry's website condemning the 'emo phenomenon' among Iraqi youth, declaring its intent to 'eliminate' the trend.

+

english.alarabiya.net...

‘Emo’ killings in Iraq create different reactions among religious clerics
Saturday, 10 March 2012

Iraqi religious clerics have reacted differently over reports of the killing of dozens of “Emo” teenagers in the country.

Recently, activists rang the alarm over the killing of dozens of teenagers by religious police for donning “Emo” hair styles. “Emo” is a popular culture by some teenagers in many parts of the world and comes from the English word “emotional.” “Emos” use their appearances and type of accessories as a way to express their emotions and to embody their will and their view of life in their behavior. Their way of dressing and use of certain accessories such as piercings is not acceptable by some conservative sections of the Iraqi society, some even brand them as a cult of “devil worshipers.”

Various reactions

“Emos” are “fools” and “experts much finish them,” the Iraq-based Al Sumaria News TV reported the firebrand conservative cleric Muqtada al-Sadr as saying on Saturday.

But on the other end of the spectrum, one of the most revered Shiite sheikhs in Iraq, Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, said on Thursday that targeting “Emo” youth is an act of “terrorism” and a “bad phenomenon for the peaceful co-existence project.”

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
No emo/ punks in iraq or iran ?? yeah right, I've spent a while messeging these Iraqi emos to tell them to get there profiles of these facebook pages, as the fascist religous police will eventually stone them to death for having an ear stretcher.

Iranian Emo Girls and Boys

Iraqi Emo boys and girls

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Reply to post by getreadyalready

You said a mouthful there. Slowly infect the rest of the world until we are all American. The end of civilization and the beginning of nothingness. Being diverse is what makes the planet so great, who wants to travel Europe or Asia and see nothing but the same deadly crap that is here in the states? People do not seem to understand a modern life is a mundane life. You do realize if the US could have its way there would be signs of life before the 60's, no temples no pyramids no truth. The US creates false history by destroying any truth that may put kinks in the chains....that one day we will wear.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

There actually isn't much difference, usually.

What? There is a huge difference between those two words. Get a dictionary. You cannot have depraved sex if you are deprived of sex. If you are deprived of sex, not only are you not having depraved sex, you are having no sex.
How words work together is really quite simple but hey, that was as off topic as it needs to get.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
R.I.P. Emo

Someone, somewhere will miss you eventually.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Up To 100 Emo, LGBT, "Vampire", & "Satanic" Youth Massacred In Iraq

If you had said this happened in IRAN I would have believed it right out.
But the fact that this happened in Iraq .... I'm surprised.
I thought they had more common sense than to still do these things.
Oh well ... my mistake.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

Now that I know the meaning of depraved, English is not my native language, I can say that what the other poster meant is that you can get sexually depraved if you are deprived of sex for longer time, I think.

Although I don´t know who decides what is considered depraved or normal.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
BREAKING:

Iraq Militia Stone Youths To Death For "Emo" Style
By Ahmed Rasheed & Mohammed Ameer - Reuters
BAGHDAD - Saturday March 10, 2012 12:11 PM EST

www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - At least 14 youths have been stoned to death in Baghdad in the past three weeks in what appears to be a campaign by Shi'ite militants against youths wearing Western-style "emo" clothes and haircuts, security and hospital sources say.

The killings have taken place since Iraq's interior ministry drew attention to the "emo" subculture last month, labeling it "Satanism" and ordering a community police force to stamp it out.

"Last week I signed the death certificates of three of those young people, and the reason for death I wrote in my own hand was severe skull fractures," a doctor at al-Kindi hospital told Reuters. "A very powerful blow to the head caused these fractures which totally smashed the skull of the victim."

A leaflet distributed in the Shi'ite Bayaa district of east Baghdad seen by Reuters on Saturday had 24 names of youths targeted for killing.

"We strongly warn you, to all the obscene males and females, if you will not leave this filthy work within four days the punishment of God will descend upon you at the hand of the Mujahideen," the leaflet said.

"I saw them a couple weeks ago ... a bunch of girls, high-school aged, walking together, dressed in black. They had long black eye makeup and bracelets with skulls and chains on their handbags with skulls," said Abdullah, 31.

"If they are close friends who have something in common, that's all right. If other things we hear about them are true, like sucking each other's blood or worshipping the devil, that is not accepted in our society. But I think this is just a trend to imitate the West."

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
New information coming out that this might have been orchestrated intentionally ahead of the Arab League Summit meeting there later this month...

gaymiddleeast.com...

Iraqi Interior Ministry has backed massacre of up to 100 emos and LGBT people in the last month, says GME Iraq sources
By Dan Littauer, Executive Editor, 10.3.2012

"However GME sources and sources for other LGBT organizations in Iraq have made it clear that the words ‘emo’ and ‘gay’ or ‘lesbian’ are used interchangeably.

Bissam told GME: ‘It is commonly assumed that most emos are “fags”, feminine (in the case of boys) or masculine (in the case of girls), and Satan worshipers. Girls wearing short skirts, tight trousers (called ‘stretch’) are also singled out as morally corrupt and therefore legitimate targets.’

In Baghdad local media reported massacres of emo youth and LGBT people occurring in the districts of Sadr, Chaala, Albaladiat, Baghdad Al-Jadedah, Karadah and Kadhymia. The number of victims claimed ranges from 56 to 100."

+

"Now a new list has been posted on Palestine Street. It was put up three days ago and warns men and women in universities and colleges to stop behaving and dressing ‘immorally’ within four days.

If they do not comply they will be murdered. This means that we could see a new wave of murders on 11 or 12 March. The list was also mentioned in a TV transmission two days ago.

Bissam, who is blogging on the issue himself, believes the massacres may be related to the upcoming Arab League Summit, scheduled to take place in Baghdad on 29 March.

He told Gay Star News: ‘Muqtada al-Sadr wants to embarrass Prime Minister Al-Maliki exposing him and his party’s Bard organization, as unable to protect their own people in front of the Arab League.

‘Al-Maliki, in turn, wants to keep the peace and not infuriate or inflame the rivalry between JAH, AAH and Badr organization ahead of the summit, his goal is to enhance his image as a keeper of peace.

‘This is why there is a complete lack of intervention on the government’s side.

‘It is speculation that they personally gave orders for this. But they have done nothing to intervene or prevent it. As leaders, if they had given the order that this should stop, the militias would have called a halt. And it fits in the pattern of their attempts to embarrass each other."

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

reply to post by LErickson

Now that I know the meaning of depraved, English is not my native language, I can say that what the other poster meant is that you can get sexually depraved if you are deprived of sex for longer time, I think.

Seriously still on this? That is not what they wrote and it does not even make sense. Let it go.

Although I don´t know who decides what is considered depraved or normal.

Republicans who push sodomy laws.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join