It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up To 100 Emo, LGBT, "Vampire", & "Satanic" Youth Massacred In Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Pakistan can publish an article on "real vampires"...

Article: tribune.com.pk...

The Bite Club
Sunday Magazine Feature - The Express Tribune - Pakistan
Subsidiary Of The International Herald Tribune
By Annie Ali Khan - February 12, 2012

But in Iraq you can be stoned to death for wearing your hair the wrong way...

Some may recall this story from 2010:

articles.latimes.com...

An Iraqi girl's thinly veiled teenage rebellion
December 14, 2010 - By Ned Parker, Los Angeles Times

Fifteen-year-old Ban, a fan of an American goth band and 'Twilight,' accessorizes her school-mandated head scarf and gown with skull pendants, black fingernails and a matching attitude. Ban, who says she's the first emo in the holy city of Najaf, wears mostly black with a bit of flash.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Merticus

no surprise there
for all his faults Saddam kept this "religious"crap under control

same thing is happening in Libya and most of Africa

get the people to kill each other and steal their resources

Kissinger plan to transform North Africa and Middle East into Turkmenistan forum.prisonplanet.com...
the infamous memo
wlym.com...

yay go usa!!

anybody still believe these interventions are for the good of the locals?

emos and other persecuted groups should be investing in personal flamethrowers and go give the morality police
a very warm welcome IMO
edit on 9-3-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by abeverage
What I find even more strange is I didn't even know there were Emo's in Iraq...

One of the funniest comments I've seen in a while

My thoughts exactly

Yeah well I was being serious!!! I mean why did they leave out the Goths, Metal Heads, Punks, Slackers, Dopers, Clowns, Losers, Shorts, Punks, Sportos, Motorheads, Geeks, Sluts, Bloods, Waistoids, Dweebies, and Dickheads? Or are you going to tell me Iraq only has Emo's LGBT, Vampires and Satanists? WHY THE EMO's WHY???

Why isn't Brian Molko making a relief album???

Although I was completely surprised that Zombies were not even mentioned at all! Given all the hype they have lately, maybe the Zombie meme is finally over! WHEW!

Makes ya wonder if they are Sparkle Vampires or more traditional ones...

edit on 9-3-2012 by abeverage because: because: I am stupid like that...

edit on 9-3-2012 by abeverage because: cause it's Friday and I kept thinking up new crap!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Oh, they got the dopers and the sluts. They are wiping out the ones that are a religious danger to their society. EMO's, LGBT, Dopers, Sluts, Vampires, etc.

AND, these were definitely the sparkly kind of vampires, everyone knows you can't kill the cool, dark, mean kind of vampires, but the sparkly ones are just sitting ducks.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ok to be more serious...why not just say Youth massacred? Labels to me, try to draw even more sympathy to an already appalling act or to sensationalize this to a broad spectrum of feelies out there.

So everyone knows I do care, honestly it is a human being not a label and what do expect from people who believe a barbaric part of their culture and already act like animals against women?

Apparently all the atrocious acts against the opposite sex have not stirred enough emotions so we need to include EMO’s?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Well, they weren't killed because they were "youth." They were killed specifically because they didn't fit into the religious mold, and the way they were different seems to pose a risk to the religious status quo. As much as I hate labels, in this case it seems very relavent. They didn't randomly seek out 100 youths, they targeted people with different appearances or lifestyles, and they targeted them because their "differences" made them a dangerous influence in the community.

See, in the US, being EMO is only dangerous to one's self, but in such a fragile religious setting as the Middle East, where the mere sight of an ankle or jawline can send men scampering to sinful masturbation in hell, being LGBT or EMO is just a time-bomb waiting to destroy the whole country.

You'd think such a powerful religious community would make people immune to outside influence, but instead it seems to make the hyper-vulnerable. I guess logic has no place in religion though.
edit on 9-3-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Being EMO is no more dangerous than being angsty...at least here and teenagers are basically the same in every culture.

Personally they are morons for killing off someone who may be going through a phase and could have been the next Einstein or Steve Jobs...

What ever happened to shunning?
edit on 9-3-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I feel anger and grief towards the idea that someone would slaughter emos. It's beyond disgusting. I remember there was a riot against them in Mexico City once, and I could never figure out why.

I actually really like that subculture. I feel very positive towards it. No, I'm not emo myself, but I don't have any hostility whatsoever towards people who are. I like some of their music; the more light hearted stuff, which is rare, but does exist.

Same with Goths. A lot of people are scared of them, but most of the time that is just due to pure narrow mindedness. I'm actually thankful that the Goth subculture exists, from what little I've seen of it; the world would be less interesting without it. Some of it can get a little disturbing perhaps, yes; but it doesn't need to. A lot of the time it's just people who like wearing black makeup.

If I ever come across a subculture that's different to how I am, then if they aren't violent or harming other people, I will generally be curious about them, and try to learn about them. As weird as it sounds, I think watching Star Trek taught me a lot about being open minded towards different cultural groups. I just view them as I would, the people of another country. That also doesn't mean being bigoted or racist towards them either, when I say that; it just means acknowledging that they're different, but also sometimes asking myself whether there's anything I can learn from them, or maybe integrate in order to make myself a better person.
edit on 9-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
What I find even more strange is I didn't even know there were Emo's in Iraq...

thats part of the americanizing of iraq

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I read about this in my email earlier today & on various sites within the OVC. Did a Google search for "emo Iraq" for more articles & sure enough it led me to this thread.

It's my birthday & this was the worse news I could have gotten! Even though these kids were prolly not vampires, this still has a major affect on the Community & humanity in general.

Thank you Merticus for bringing this to the attention of all those on ATS who might have otherwise never heard that this was occurring.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
If I ever come across a subculture that's different to how I am, then if they aren't violent or harming other people, I will generally be curious about them, and try to learn about them.

Ever come across the vampire subculture before?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack

Originally posted by petrus4
If I ever come across a subculture that's different to how I am, then if they aren't violent or harming other people, I will generally be curious about them, and try to learn about them.

Ever come across the vampire subculture before?

No, I haven't; but do note what I wrote there about harm to others. That doesn't include emos, as far as I know; but if people are actually drinking each other's blood, that's a somewhat different issue.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So this is what we, the US, fought and died for. This is what the nation I love has torn itself apart for the last decade over, back here at home? So the authorities WE helped place in those positions and still support so they can maintain those positions figure the murder of 100 kids is fair? For....how they cut their friggen hair?

You know, I recall hearing about Saddam arresting and disappearing dissidents or those he felt were a threat. He was a real piece of work when it came to the Marsh Arabs too. I don't recall hearing that they were killing kids by the dozens over haircuts though.

Just another job completed and brought to you by Politicians. ...and they're all happy with how it turned out. That is the worst part.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Additional Information & Documents:

www.vice.com...
Is the Iraqi Government Killing LGBT People?
By Jamie Lee Curtis Taete

According to the report, early last month notices were posted on the houses of suspected LGBT citizens in Baghdad and Basra, warning that they had four days to reformat their sexuality, or face the wrath of God. According to sources inside Iraq, these 40 people were then abducted, tortured and eventually murdered.

I spoke to Ali Hili, a gay Iraqi living in London who started the charity Iraqi LGBT. Below is a document he sent me that he says proves the Iraqi Ministry of Interior (the wing of Iraqi government that deals with policing) is targeting and killing gay people.

Though I have no way of verifying the document's authenticity, a translator tells me that it reads:

"It has been decided to form a yellow cell to ensure the elimination of the so-called homosexuals and will start its tasks in our known areas to stir chaos starting from Al-Karrada district. To accomplish the missions with absolute secrecy please use the transmission code 115/1/4"

The Badr Organisation – whose name is at the top of the cheery memo – used to func.tion as a militia supporting a Shi'a political group called the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq. Since the 2003 Allied invasion of the country, the official line is that its members have gone legit, and now only pick up guns on behalf of government security forces.

However, there have been reports that the Badr militia is still active within the ranks of the police and the army, and when I spoke to Ali, he seemed pretty certain that these men employed by the Iraqi government have been systematically killing off Iraqi's LGBT community for years.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

What if it was between consensual adults & with a lancet or a sharp enough razor blade/Exacto knife where there was no pain? Not trying to criticize btw, just get some healthy dialog going:]
edit on 9/3/2012 by PinkAndBlack because: forgot the fnords.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack
reply to post by petrus4

What if it was between consensual adults & with a lancet or a sharp enough razor blade/Exacto knife where there was no pain? Not trying to criticize btw, just get some healthy dialog going:]
edit on 9/3/2012 by PinkAndBlack because: forgot the fnords.

Unfortunately, diseases such as AIDS and hepatitis are blood borne. So while I certainly don't advocate killing people for doing it, it is still a socially risky practice, with the possibility of harming more people than just those involved. If neither of the individuals in question had those diseases, then I would have no objection perhaps; but I would advocate that they have frequent blood tests in order to ensure that they remain disease free.

Also, I have actually engaged in blood magick, personally. For those of us who believe in such things, it is considered a very dangerous form. The reason why is because vitae (the archaic term for blood in this context) carries a high concentration of the other person's life energy with it, so if you either combine your blood with someone else's, or you give someone else your blood, you are establishing an acorporeal bond with that person or spirit that can become virtually impossible to break.

So sure; other people have free will. I would advocate, however, that anyone who wants to engage in blood related activities, to know that what they are doing is very high risk.
edit on 9-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Wow, that really make the "radical" Christians look tame. Holding up a sign against gays is not quite the same as actually killing them.......

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Now see, this is our tax dollars hard at work here folks! Those emos, gays, christans, boybands need to be all rounded up and killed!

/obvious sarcasm is obvious

Seriously, is this what y'all invisioned when we were sold the freeing people bit? And now we have people pushing for us to "free" africa? Is this the kind of crap you want to see being spread through the world?

Not me. #.........

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is absurd, when you rely on religion so deeply to explain the world you view something as harmless as being "emo" as magical vampire satanist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join