It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Giant Finger discovered in Egypt? BILD.de Exclusive News

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by Wolfenz

Research Much ?

Yes which is why I can state what I did....in reading thru your reply you obviously didn't read or didn't understand my point....

Are their tribes of human who are unusually big, no

The Tallest People in the World
news.softpedia.com...

er, you are making the error I made note of above you are confusing the existance of tall human for proof of mytical giants, please re-read my posting

Well to the Public that is No evidence,, there my be some in the Smithsonian institute

There isn't evidence, period for mytical giants, there is lots of evidence, and in reality they do exist, of tall humans

Ohh And this Bone Femur from a 12 foot Human
Just maybe its real Who know let have a Dna test to Confirm it's Authenticity

Its a well known fake from a guy who makes stuff for movies, but please feel free to pay for its authentication

well you did (NOT)say about mythical Giants at the BEGINNING of your POST in your wording just
you said Tribes Nothing More ... So what Degree are you talking about in Size of Humans Im not talking about 30 feet 20 feet nor 16 feet those are Mytical Jack & the Beanstalk Giants BS Im talking about 9 feet to 12 feet tall Giants

Evidence on Paper from a Legit Magazine

as you see in my Previous post id did say in the Scientific American Aug. 14th pg 106
as some were measured around 10 feet and the least around 8 foot !! you can argue all you want with that

Scientific American is known for Truth and Confirmation of what they are saying Unless you Belive that there was no accurate Measurements back in the lat 19th century ...

Were the Bones the Remain of this Discovery !! who the Hell knows in the Smithsonian institute no Doubt..

dont believe it Check Google Books to See it yourself on Scientific American Aug 14th Page 106 1880

Try it !!

ohh What ?

Its a well known fake from a guy who makes stuff for movies, but please feel free to pay for its authentication

another Jesus Tomb ! the Ossurary James Cameron

for a Human Femur bone that is 12 feet
well ask him for a DNA test or Organic Isotope Test!!! to Prove it !! his Claim !

I would if i had the Money !!

edit on 10-3-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

well you did (NOT)say about mythical Giants at the BEGINNING of your POST in your wording just
you said Tribes Nothing More ... So what Degree are you talking about in Size of Humans Im not talking about 30 feet 20 feet nor 16 feet those are Mytical Jack & the Beanstalk Giants BS Im talking about 9 feet to 12 feet tall Giants

Yes we are talking about giants, creatures that are outside the range of normal human height

as you see in my Previous post id did say in the Scientific American Aug. 14th pg 106
as some were measured around 10 feet and the least around 8 foot !! you can argue all you want with that

Sure that's easy, one I couldn't find that in Google books, so I would appreciate a link, however from the image you added to your earlier posting after I had read it and replied.

This is a repeat or copying of a report from another newspapers article and it reports x, y an z - this was not carried out by SA, reporting news from one newpaper in the SA doesn't mean it is real....

Were the Bones the Remain of this Discovery !! who the Hell knows in the Smithsonian institute no Doubt..

...and why would they 'hide' these bones if they existed? Evidence in support of the Bible would have been warmly accepted and considered rather 'status quo' - in 1880

edit on 10/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Some of you are so nieve you would believe anything. Next they'll say this finger belonged to a half man and half alien and everyone will be like "ooooooh I knew it blah blah blah." Lol come now! Let's think about our planet 10's of thousands of years ago and even before that. Could you imagine the state of our planet. It was in real peason and harmony. No smog, no gases, no industrialism destroying the land, etc. etc. I mean nothing harmful. The bible even talks about giants. Everything grew differently and developed differently in those times. Birds were much much bigger and there were probably 2 or 3x the amount of species as well. Insects were bigger, trees were bigger and in more of abundance. The entire planet was different. Research the planet when it was still connected before the geological shift into seperate continents. Everything on the planet would make everything we have now look miniature. There is nothing crazy about it, it's history. And you know it was a black man because whites have only been on the planet for a little over 6,000 years. Plus like someone else said it may not even be real. The media fabricates things all the time. Bottom line take nothing off face value and do your own homework to really get the truth. Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

edit on 10-3-2012 by yamammasamonkey because: Mmmm

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I could be totally wrong here but it looks like the leg of a deformed horse. I'm not saying it isn't what it is stated to be without further study. I am simply saying that it may not be what it appears to be. A horse leg would be about the same size and it wouldn't take much to make it appear to be a giant finger. The hoof either deformed or made to look like a fingernail.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

And you know it was a black man because whites have only been on the planet for a little over 6,000 years.

C'mon now... Why you feel the need to insert a racist comment to the end of your otherwise good post is beyond me. Its like you are trying to establish some type of racial superiority... The truth is we do not know whether Adam and Eve were black or white or some where in-between. We are all one blood and their really is no such thing as races their is one race the human race, people only have different skin tones because of melanin changing to different climates.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

He is a troll if you look at his past post or lacks communication with people outside of a cave it seems.

2nd
edit on 10-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerQueen
And why does such a valuable find appear to be placed so casually on someone's couch?

agreed 14 years later lol.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurfSpace
I could be totally wrong here but it looks like the leg of a deformed horse. I'm not saying it isn't what it is stated to be without further study. I am simply saying that it may not be what it appears to be. A horse leg would be about the same size and it wouldn't take much to make it appear to be a giant finger. The hoof either deformed or made to look like a fingernail.

Not a deformed horse, but I looked at the parts of the bone that were showing and it doesn't look as though that's part of a human. The anatomy's wrong.

That, plus the fact that it's not available for study by anyone makes me strongly suspect a hoax.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Yes we are talking about giants, creatures that are outside the range of normal human height

Sure that's easy, one I couldn't find that in Google books, so I would appreciate a link, however from the image you added to your earlier posting after I had read it and replied.

This is a repeat or copying of a report from another newspapers article and it reports x, y an z - this was not carried out by SA, reporting news from one newpaper in the SA doesn't mean it is real....

...and why would they 'hide' these bones if they existed? Evidence in support of the Bible would have been warmly accepted and considered rather 'status quo' - in 1880

edit on 10/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

the Scientific American AUg 14th Page 106 1880 is real I Copied a Section of it into a Jpg from what you have seen in my previous post in Google Books ! this was Not from any other Source ! Not a New Paper

you are Starting to Sound like and Disinfo Agent

you want it you got it !

Right Here!!!!!
Either

PDF EPUB Kindle Daisy Full Txt Djvu

Scientific American Volume 43 Number 07 (August 1880)
LINK : www.archive.org...

its on Page 12 if your using the PDF as the Headline is called Ancient American Giants

pdf size 12 meg's 16 pages

as you Said

this was not carried out by SA, reporting news from one newpaper in the SA doesn't mean it is real....

or you calling the Archive.org is fake too

Indeed it was Carried OUT ! by the SA

Will i be seeing this being taking off the Net too ?

edit on 11-3-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2012 by Wolfenz because: forgot to put the size of Pdf

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Bullcrap. This is a hoax. You want to know why it's a hoax? Forget the anatomy that doesn't line up. Forget the lack of proof of mythological giant existing outside of folklore. Focus on the fact that if this was real, no red-blooded human being in their right mind would just plop a find as profound as this on a ratty couch, take a few crappy pictures & take money from a laughable tabloid & be done with it. No, if this was real, that person would have been knocking down the doors of scientific institutes until someone looked more closely at the "finger", and would have been an instant superstar for having it in the first place. If this was real, that guy would be drowning in requests for interviews and scientific examinations, and he would DEFINITELY be brokering payment deals for the media interviews. A real finger of a real giant, species yet unknown, would not only make him famous as all get-out, it would make him very rich very fast. Even a hermit would cash in on that.

This is a hoax, people. Common sense, use it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is Bild.

No-one in Germany would ever take this trash product seriously.

The way I see it, it went down like this: Burnt out journalist was on the hunt for a story, was contacted by local small criminals and after bargaining over the price they showed him that manufactured thing, wrapped into the cloth, and he snapped some pictures of it, most likely not believing the story himself.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

its on Page 12 if your using the PDF as the Headline is called Ancient American Giants

as you Said

this was not carried out by SA, reporting news from one newpaper in the SA doesn't mean it is real....

Actually, the Scientific American was reporting something by the "Kansas City Historical Society". Their records don't show any giants or any archaeology for that time.

Note that there are several anomalies which lead me to think this is a "pious Mormon fraud."
* The skeletons all vanished. All seven of them.
* The society itself doesn't have any record of the dig or the find. There should have been other letters about this evidence and other people measuring and noting the skeletons.
* Other reports in the magazine indicate that they're taking letters (undocumented) and printing them as fact, without fact checking.
* the tablet of the giants (sent to Cincinnati) has never been reported in Cincinnati or anywhere else.
* The Adena Culture was found in the area, but they didn't use coffins and they weren't giants.
* There are no other sites with giant houses/giant objects/things of unusual size in that area. A "race of giants who worship the sun" are going to be fairly easy to find.
* There was a Reverend Stephen Bowers -- a California archaeologist of note. His field notes and papers are available -- in California -- and don't make note of a find of giants as far as I can see
* the original letter from which Bowers makes his claim is attested to by Steve Quayle which also shows a drawing of the tablet (never found) from the site. Quayle attributes the graves to possible Adena culture but those people were not unusually tall. They were mound builders but didn't use multilayered coffins.
* Ohio was an important center of Mormonism in the 1800's
* 1880 (the year of the discovery) was the year that the Mormons accepted the book, PEARL OF GREAT PRICE into their official canon. This was a troubled time for the Church, and a number of pious frauds from this time exist.

One other point -- there are a lot of mounds around this area. They've been excavated for the past 200 years and no one has turned up other giant skeletons.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah Focus on the fact that if this was real, no red-blooded human being in their right mind would just plop a find as profound as this on a ratty couch, take a few crappy pictures & take money from a laughable tabloid & be done with it. No, if this was real, that person would have been knocking down the doors of scientific institutes until someone looked more closely at the "finger", and would have been an instant superstar for having it in the first place. If this was real, that guy would be drowning in requests for interviews and scientific examinations, and he would DEFINITELY be brokering payment deals for the media interviews. A real finger of a real giant, species yet unknown, would not only make him famous as all get-out, it would make him very rich very fast. Even a hermit would cash in on that.

This is a hoax, people. Common sense, use it.

Exactly. And in these economically hard times, such a thing would be a real goldmine for the owner. It's not being offered around because it's not convincing.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Ah Wolfenz, thanks for the link, it shows that you have repeatedly failed to actually read what the documents says

Here is a clearer rendition of the first line, please have someone explain it to you....lol

I suggest you do so as it clearly shows that the SA is reporting on what another newspaper reported, please read the details provided by Byrd above

Howdy Byrd

Yes the finger is out because the guy wrote a novel on it. It clearer what he is doing if you read the German version of the article. Just bad marketing

edit on 11/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by Gwampo

there is the photo in the OP showing the break short of the knuckle...

well get that DNA test done lets see who's yer daddy

PM me when they are in

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
I found another finger...

That's looks like french bread...

edit on 11-3-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
People thought there were giants in ancient times because fossils were found of dinosaurs and they didn't know what it was, I also believe that may have been where the legends of dragons come from,
Maybe

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

as you Said

Actually, the Scientific American was reporting something by the "Kansas City Historical Society". Their records don't show any giants or any archaeology for that time.

Note that there are several anomalies which lead me to think this is a "pious Mormon fraud."
* The skeletons all vanished. All seven of them.
* The society itself doesn't have any record of the dig or the find. There should have been other letters about this evidence and other people measuring and noting the skeletons.
* Other reports in the magazine indicate that they're taking letters (undocumented) and printing them as fact, without fact checking.
* the tablet of the giants (sent to Cincinnati) has never been reported in Cincinnati or anywhere else.
* The Adena Culture was found in the area, but they didn't use coffins and they weren't giants.
* There are no other sites with giant houses/giant objects/things of unusual size in that area. A "race of giants who worship the sun" are going to be fairly easy to find.
* There was a Reverend Stephen Bowers -- a California archaeologist of note. His field notes and papers are available -- in California -- and don't make note of a find of giants as far as I can see
* the original letter from which Bowers makes his claim is attested to by Steve Quayle which also shows a drawing of the tablet (never found) from the site. Quayle attributes the graves to possible Adena culture but those people were not unusually tall. They were mound builders but didn't use multilayered coffins.
* Ohio was an important center of Mormonism in the 1800's
* 1880 (the year of the discovery) was the year that the Mormons accepted the book, PEARL OF GREAT PRICE into their official canon. This was a troubled time for the Church, and a number of pious frauds from this time exist.

One other point -- there are a lot of mounds around this area. They've been excavated for the past 200 years and no one has turned up other giant skeletons.

Thanks for the Info Byrd

I can see you were as Much interested as I was and you did the Research

I too Found that the Reverend was indeed a Real Person but was as far as I got ..

Interesting about the Mormons at that time frame the Tried to Isolated themselves from the Outside World
much so they Would kill any Outlander Intruders entering their territory

it a interesting note Why a Claim back in to 1880s well just maybe to bring the Book of Genesis more to Light

still it funny we have ADULT Primates that can fit in a Human Hand to a 600 pound Gorilla the Closest Animals (Primates) that are a Similar Likeness to Us ..

The Public has not seen nor heard of people over 10 feet but one on the record that was an inch shy from 9 feet Robert Wadlow ( a Pituitary Abnormally )

im going to see what i can find anything else to this Story

thanks for researching

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
People thought there were giants in ancient times because fossils were found of dinosaurs and they didn't know what it was, I also believe that may have been where the legends of dragons come from,
Maybe

YOU HAVE A GOOD POINT; SEE QUOTE BELOW FROM NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC:

"Cyclops Myth Spurred by "One-Eyed" Fossils?
National Geographic News ^ | February 5, 2003 | Hillary Mayell

Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 1:57:41 AM by SunkenCiv

The tusk, several teeth, and some bones of a Deinotherium giganteum, which, loosely translated means really huge terrible beast, have been found on the Greek island Crete. A distant relative to today's elephants, the giant mammal stood 15 feet (4.6 meters) tall at the shoulder, and had tusks that were 4.5 feet (1.3 meters) long. It was one of the largest mammals ever to walk the face of the Earth... To paleontologists today, the large hole in the center of the skull suggests a pronounced trunk. To the ancient Greeks, Deinotherium skulls could well be the foundation for their tales of the fearsome one-eyed Cyclops."

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join